Old 06-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

morning,
Annie
I agree that you get a lot more done in a couple of hours than I do in eight.
I can understand your mixed feelings concerning dad's bd. I know it will be good for him. Salsa sounds good.

Michelle
I'm happy to hear the good news about the interviews even though there is nothing concrete. The last one with the e-mail sounds very promising.

Mel
My bp is probably up a tad too yesterday and today.

Happy, Ellen, Shad and Laura Enjoy your week end

--------------------------
These kiddo's/young teen agers that cross the ditch and then cut through my yard walking up next to the house and peeping in window's then knocking on the door's and windows the running has become a nuisance (sp). I yelled at them yesterday, my temper got the best of me. Yes, they are black. Yesterday one of them popped the my neighbor's swimming pool that they bought for her children.
I'm putting up no trespassing signs, don't care what the land lord says.

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-08-2012 at 11:32 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #62  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ceejay - that is a good way for those stupid kids to get shot. Especially if they are vandalizing things like the pool. We had a new family move into the neighborhood and the boys were running up and ringing doorbells and then running away and laughing. They foolishly decided to ring our bell and DH was out in a flash, caught one of the kids and made him go to his house. Turns out it was the grandchild of the new neighbors who gave him a good scolding. We had a lot of elderly people in the area and so that was not a good thing to be doing to people. Sometimes kids just have to be schooled on manners if they don't get it at home. And don't mess with my DH

I am addicted to the garden centers here. So many beautiful flowers. I just bought a few to fill in some pots. I saw a log planter on Pinterest and DH made me one. It needs to be dug out more and will no doubt look better once the flowers get settled in and filled in. I am happy that the deer did not eat them. Or the bear. Or the groundhog.

It is playing with raining here. Dark clouds, then sun, dark clouds, then 2 minutes later sun. The clouds are dark enough where if they decide to drop rain, it will be serious. So I'm holding off on planting.

Did my grocery shopping today. LOTS of fresh veggies and fruits and salads at my house. Got some nice fish too. Absolutely NO REASON I should not be on plan for the next week

I saw an Australian plant - thought it was photos or something like that - sort of like the bottle brush plant but in a light lavendar color with smaller "brushes". I almost got it but was concerned that something as hot and sun loving as that might not do well here in the forest. They also had a lovely bunch of lettuces in a colander which I bought - so pretty and I will be able to just walk out the door and have a fresh salad. Shad would no doubt approve.

Ok, back to the dishes...

Last edited by happy2bme; 06-08-2012 at 10:51 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #63  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - Do you have Steins Gardens and Gifts up there? The bunch of lettuces in a colander is exactly what I bought at Steins last year. And since I was too lazy to transplant the plants, I planted the whole colander in the ground last year...then after the plants died back in late autumn, I brought the colander in.

Thanks everyone for your crossed fingers, toes and eyes, and of course for all your love and support. I'll keep you posted.

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #64  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

So this morning I closed all the windows and locked them. Locked the house and went to work...OMG it is 90 degrees outside and 190 inside this house....A/C is on but waiting on the cooling to begin. Going to work on the food and decorations tonight then clean in the morning. Thoroughly cleaned last Friday for C's graduation party for his DD, so basically I am going to mop, sweep and scour the toities...that is about it. Got a few loads of laundry to do but other than that...done.

There is a lost grayhound doggie in Sissy's neighborhood that needs a home but my yard and home are too small for such a big doggie. I told Sissy's neighbor to take it to the vet and see if it is chipped, maybe find the owner. We felt around the neck area and think we can feel a chip. Hopefully we will find the owner. It is such a sweet loveable dog. Older but seems to be in good health. My heart is breaking...pray we can find it's owner.

Gotta get my bunz busy, gots lots of food to get ready..potato salad, strawberry salsa, baked beans to be baked in the morning, cheeseball, etc etc. Burgers, Turkey burgers and brats for the grill. Wish you all could come and be with us...this will be fun even if it is supposed to be 87 degrees and humid. YIKES!!!! Maybe I will put the sprinkler out. lol.

Have a groovy weekend all....love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #65  
Annie - Indiana

Last thing in the oven..waiting on the timer to go off in about 30 minutes. Pineapple upside down cake.....then bed awaits me....tomorrow all I have to do is mop, vacuum, scour and decorate. Easy Peasy......me pooped tonight. Also when C got home we put up the screen room outside...put the extra leafs in the kitchen table and watered the garden. Still gotta water my flower beds in the front but winding down now.

Have a peaceful night..sleep well...good morning Shaddie have a cup of java and relax this morning.

Love and hugs
Old 06-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #66  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Finished a mammoth wash and now waiting for some of it to dry so that I can bring it in and put some more in it's place. I think DS2 put everything he owned in the laundry before he went away for the long weekend. He has a new lady friend and is taking the weekend to go to Gladstone and 'meet the folks'. At least that is what DS1 told me on the phone on Friday.

Speaking of DS1, grandchild 1 - now known as GC1 is progressing well. However the relationship seems to be souring somewhat. Not that DS1 said too much about it to me. He just mentioned that there is to be a new cot ($600) and a new stroller ($799) among other things which apparently must be new and not second hand. It seems they had budgeted for her to be on maternity leave until April of next year but DS1 says that if she keeps spending at this rate she may have to go back after 6 weeks. Can't say that will stop the spending. This whole saga is going to take a toll on every one, I can see that sticking out a mile.

On to brighter things. There are two orchids coming out in the garden. The first has 2 flowers in full bloom and at least two more to come. It's the one I call the Canadian orchid since I purchased it when I was given some money by a couple of Canadian tourists who I took around the city and showed them the sights. The second one will be either red or purple, can only see the tip of it so far. Probably at least one flower will be out by Monday.

Still got some housework to do and then I am out in the garden for the rest of the day.

Annie - hope your birthday party goes off well. Sounds like the food will be superb. Wish I was closer.

Happy - The wee deer sounds nice. The bear was probably there long before you were so unless he is relocated then he will not leave, regardless of the DH shooting at him or otherwise. That might make him a tad cross. It would be a pity to have to shoot to kill.

Michelle - hope the job interviews bring some joy for you. At least you are getting interviews. Things must be on the improve to get so many phone interviews.

Ceejay - don't blame you for getting cross at the intruders in your property. I'd be asking for a fence and a gate before something really nasty occurs.

Laura - Seems like your garden is coming along. I won't be planting too much in the way of veges just yet. I won't be home to tend and harvest them. So I will live through the threads vege patches.

Java - good to see you pop in from time to time. Good luck with the Paleo - let us know how it goes.

Ellen - Good to hear the kids are going on well. Time for shots? oh how nice for you.

Mel - It's nice to get out and about once in a while. Good to have Willy take you food shopping again.

Patty - how are you going. Saw some pictures of your house on Facebook. It is looking good with the new garden.

Right well better get on with sweeping the kitchen, checking the laundry on the line and cleaning the laundry room. I've taken some orchid photos and will get them onto tomorrows post. Have fun, enjoy your weekend. I'm home until Monday afternoon when I have to fly back to the Hunter for another 3 or 4 weeks.

Last edited by Shad; 06-08-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #67  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS.
THIS IS LIKE OUR WEATHER....SUNNY MORNINGS AND RAINY NIGHTS.
BUT TODAY SEEMS TO BE OPPOSITE. KIND OF HOW I FEEL TOO!

THE DR VISIT WAS OK BUT NOT GREAT.
LUNGS CLEAR, SIGNS OF ASTHMA, KEEP INHALER WITH YOU WHEN YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE, BP OK BUT NEEDS TRIMMING. IT'S IN THE 140'S NOW BUT HE'S STILL NOT HAPPY WITH THIS "SITTING" NUMBER.
KEEP TAKING THE POTASSIUM TIL GASTRO IS OVER WITH.
IF IT CONTINUES INTO NEXT WEEK OFF TO THE ER FOR AN IV DRIP & SOME MEDS THEN HOME RIGHT AWAY.
DOING THE BRAT DIET OVER THE WEEKEND.
I HAD TO WORK A BIT IN THE EARLY MORNING.
SOMETHING CAME UP THAT NEEDED ATTENTION.
THEN THE DR ARRIVED AND I NEVER WENT BACK DOWN.
THE KIDS ARRIVED LATE THURS NITE. RICHIE IS WORKING THIS WEEKEND AND THE WEATHER IS THE PITS.
THEY MIGHT JUST ALL MELLOW OUT OVER THE WEEKEND HERE....IE: SLEEP!!
NOTHING GOING ON TODAY. 2 DAYS OF REST AND SOFT FOODS.
OTHER THAN THAT....THE DR SAID I LOOK GREAT!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE

ANNIE... THE STRAWBERRY SALSA DID SOUND DELISH......HOPE YOU LIKED IT..
I HEAR YA ON THE BP & THANK GOD NEITHER OF US HAS THE DIABETES.
HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS A GREAT ONE TOO....THANKS. HAVE A GOOD TIME.
PART 2: HOPE THEY FIND THE DOGGIES OWNER.
I WISH WE COULD ALL BE WITH YOU TOO....AGAIN....HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND:ug:

MICHELLE....I THINK IT SOUNDS GREAT TOO!!! PRAYING WE'RE BOTH RIGHT.
I LIKE THE "WRAP THINGS UP PART">
SENDING YOU THE BEST THOUGHTS I CAN MUSTER UP THIS WEEKEND
)don't go nuts working around the house and getting hurt.
you need your body as well as your articulated speech!!!!)

ELLEN....THE TILTED KILT CRACKED ME UP!!! IMG!! TOO FUNNY!
WHASTEVER WITH THESE PLACES THINK OF NEXT? BET THEY MAKE A FORTUNE AT LUNCH TIME!!!
I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER OVER THE WEEKEND.
PROBABLY SINUS AND ANOTHER "NON-STOP ELLEN" WEEK!!!
GET SOME DOWN TIME IN THERE. YOU NEED IT!!

HAPPY....HOPE YOU GOT ITDONE BEFORE THE RAINS CAME!!
THAT'S OUR NEVER ENDING STORY OVER HERE!! RAIN AND MORE RAIN!!
SO DID YA BUY ANYTHING GOOD?????
PART 2: I TURNED THE PAGE AND SEE YOU BOUGHT LOTS OF LOVELY THINGS!
I LOVE THE LOG PLANTER IDEA. I LOVE PINTEREST TOO!!
I HAD TO GIVE IT UP FOR AWHILE...MY EYES AND BACK WERE KILLING ME

CEEJAY....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE TEENAGER TROUBLES.
WE HAD SOME SKATEBOARDERS HERE HARRASSING THE SENIORS WHILE THEY WALKED IN THE DRIVEWAY.
THEY TRIED TO ACT SO INNOCENT. THEN THEY JUST DISAPPEARED. HOPE YOURS DO THE SAME

SHAD...GUESS THERE IS NO REAL SURPRISE THERE FOR YOU WITH THE SOURING RELATIONSHIP OF THE KIDDOS. BUT I AM SORRY TO HEAR IT. HOPING AFTER THE GCW IS BORN THINGS JUST MIGHT CHANGE. I'LL KEEP MY FIONGERS CROSSED.
SO DS2 IS MEETING PARENTS???OPMG!!! NOW THAT SHOCKS ME!!
NOT SURE WHETHER TO BE HAPPY OR WORRY?!?!?!
HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER. THE ORCHIDS SOUND LOVELY AS USUAL.
BACK TO HUNTER FOR ANOTHER MONTH????
WISHINGYOU GOD SPEED ON THE JOURHNEY AND HOPE THE JOB GOES SMOOTHLY!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-09-2012 at 06:35 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #68  
Annie - Indiana

Party Day...aren't you glad...now you won't have to hear about it anymore....ba hahahahahahahahhahaahahaha
Old 06-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #69  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Got invited to a BBQ today - should be a great day for it. I've got to make 2 salads to bring with so won't be on here long. We grilled up the salmon (me) and halibut (him) yesterday for dinner. SO delicious. Had 2 types of cucumber salad because he likes vinegar and I like dill. Rounded it off with some lightly sauteed brocolli. Yum. I bought what I THOUGHT was mini mozzerella balls with marinated red peppers. Got it home and it was peeled GARLIC CLOVES. I mean sincerely, WHO would eat that????? Didn't go to waste tho, DH finely chopped one and added it to his fish and I thinly sliced one and added it to the sauteed broccoli so we are probably more healthy and more STINKY than we were yesterday Don't sit too close to us at the BBQ or hope it's outside

I'm thinking about an apple cole slaw as a side dish to bring along. Never tried that before - always kinda dicey to bring something you never tried first. Am I feeling lucky? Can't stay too long, got lots of planting to finish up - mostly herbs so it should be easy.

Annie - happy birthday to Dad - hope you have a WONDERFUL party with lots of happy moments to remember.

Shad - bummer on the saga of the grandchild. No surprise with the spending - first time mommas unless they grew up thrifty and poor generally ooh and ahh about the prettiest, pricey things not giving a thought to where the money will come from. Oh how I wish I could see your orchids! You do have magic fingers when it comes to coaxing flowers to bloom. Are you just as good with vegetable flowers as I could use some sprouts on my plants Hope you have a nice weekend and don't spend it doing nothing but laundry.

Mel - glad you got a cautiously good report from the doctor. Just means you have to be ultra careful with everything in and around you. Seems like you are the only part of the country getting any rain. Blow some back this way, will you? Hope the kiddies don't make you crazy.

Michelle - no, we don't have any Steins up this way unless they are in Duluth. The lettuce collander I got at the local grocery mart - they have a HUGE garden center they put in the parking lot - wish I had waited to pick up my flowers until they were ready to open - they have a fantastic selection and better prices than Walmart and the hardware store or nursery. But it was my first year here, will know better next year.

I'd better get a move on - will be time to go before I know it. Have a great weekend ladies, hello to all the Worldlies
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #70  

Morning
Getting ready to start my day.

Shad
Sorry to hear about the ordeal with the baby things.

Happy
Have fun at the bbq. The apple cole slaw sounds good. Did you get you planting done.

Annie
Ouch on coming home to the hot house. I leave my air set on 74 I can't open the windows like I used to due to the allergies.

Mel
Glad the dr was semi good to you. Didn't realize the potassium was good for the gastroenteritis.

Michelle and Ellen Have a good day.

I'm off to run errands.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #71  

Hello Ladies,

Busy week at work. I worked from the house and got my front yard landscape started. Still a work in progress but at least I have something to build on. I actually have a date with a new gusy tonight. I get so nervous meeting someone for the first time.

Annie - I hope your day is great! Party, Party...

Happy - have fun at the BBQ. What do you put in the cucumber salad? I just cut mine up, add tomatoes and then some zesty italian.

Shad - wish I could grow orchids. Yes, i had posted some before and after pictures on fb.

Mel - take care of you girl. What is the BRAT diet?

Ceejay - have you talked with their parents? I would definitely put a no tresspasing sign up.

Ellen, Mitchelez, & Laura - Hope you all are having a good day.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #72  

Patty
It would be nice if I knew these kiddo's parents but they live a couple of streets over. I'm not going to hunt them down. There's been a few kids come through the yard yesterday and none today and one gave me the evil eye but I stared him down.

Good luck on the date. Know you will do fine.

I've been a bit skeptical about putting up no trespassing signs, and I forgot them went I went to Walmart while ago.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #73  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD

I DO BELIEVE OUR STATE JUST MIGHT FLOAT OUT TO SEA IF THIS RAINY WEATHER CONTINUES.
WE'RE MIGHTY SOGGY RIGHT ABOUT NOW.
I AM GLAD TO SEE THE SUN ON & OFF DURING THE DAY THOUGH.

DID SOME COOKING AND CLEANING YESTERDAY BUT NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT.
TIME FOR BREAKFAST OR SOMETHING TO DRINK.
I'M NOT AWAKE YET.
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY!

HAPPY.....HOW WAS THE BBQ AND DID YOU MAKE THE APPLE SLAW???
HOPE THE WEATHER HELD OUT....I TIRED TO SEND THE RAIN!!! LOL
I CANNOT IMAGINE ANYONE EATING GARLIC LIKE THAT BUT THEY DO. YUCK!

CEEJAY.....SOMETIMES SIGNS MAKE THEM WANT TO DO IT ALL THE MORE.
MAYBE THE KIDS WILL JUST GET TIRED OF GOING THRU. I HOPE SO.
RELAX & HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.

PATTY....I GOT NERVOUS JUST READING YOUR POST!!
I USED TO HATE FIRST DATES OR MEETINGS.
HOPE THE DATE WENT OK AND YOU BOTH HAD A NICE TIME

HELLO TO ALL THE WEEKEND PARTYING CHICKS

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-10-2012 at 06:29 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #74  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Getting late and I am still not finished with today. Got a dose of the tummy wobbles at one stage and spent some time on the run - so to speak. Anyway, going to go off to bed and will be back early in the morning. Back to the Hunter tomorrow.

Patty good luck with the date. Hope he is really nice. You deserve someone like that
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #75  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Chicklets....

Party day was a great success. Dad was truly surprised. He even shed a tear or two....maybe that is where I get it. Going to put the house in order and be done with this part of the day....Doing nothing else but relaxing....the past two months getting this place ready for the party has completely worn me out. High today 90 degrees and wish we had some of Mellie's rain. All the ground is dry and cracked.

HAPPY...how was the apple slaw...it sounded delish. I love salads with fruit thrown in. BBQs are so fun but also a lot of work. Thank God for my brother yesterday on his grilling skills.

CEEG...we definitely breath better when the air is on here too. I am allergic to cut grass, even tho it is so dry, some are still cutting their grass and playing havoc with my sinuses.

MELLIE....we are hurting for rain here. It is so dry and hot. Weatherman is teasing us with maybe an inch of rain on Monday early Tuesday. Be sure to keep your life jacket on just in case you start floating.

SHADDIE...never enough time in the day to get anything done and there is always something "more" to be done...Have a good work week sister.

PATTY....when the day comes that I can look at my yard and say all is done will probably be the end of the world...seems like we are always coming up with something else to do to the yard.

Hope everyone is have a wonderful Sunday/Monday....hello to all the rest of you lovely ladies of the worldlie land.

Hugs