Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #31  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

God Save Our Queen

We just watched some of the Diamond Jubilee Celebration.
I still find these events very moving

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #32  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Isn't the Queen just beautiful for her age. Remarkable....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #33  

It's all those jewels, lol.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #34  
Annie - Indiana

Default Shed.

Having trouble getting pix to post...Here is the shed...will try to get the fire pit and steps to porch to post....man this is a PITA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0965.jpg (24.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #35  
Annie - Indiana

The Firepit...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0966.jpg (49.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #36  
Annie - Indiana

My GOD.....it has taken me all evening to post these pix...I am so over it. These are the steps to my porch...what a hassle to post all of this...next time take my word for it unless I have time to F with it....I am ready to be done with this sooooooooo much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0967.jpg (41.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #37  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS

YES I TOO THOUGHT THE QUEEN LOOKED VERY WELL FOR HER AGE.
THEY SAID THEY COULD SEE HOW MOVED SHE WAS BY THE TURNOUT IN THE RAIN AND ALL THE CHEERS.
I WAS SITTING HERE SNIFFLING MYSELF WHEN THE PLANES FLEW OVERHEAD FOR A SALUTE.
THE ELECTION HERE WENT OFF WITHOUT A HITCH
THEY REALLY CAN DO THINGS THEMSELVES WHEN THEY PUT THEIR MINDS TO IT.
JEN & I HAD A GOOD TIME MOSTLY ON THE PHONE.
SHE SAT WHILE I GOT SOME THINGS DONE.
THE PATCHES SHE'S USING ARE PRESCRIPTION LIDODERM.
THEY ARE FILLED WITH LIDOCAINE AND WORK VERY WELL SO SHE IS HAPPY.
NOTHING ELSE IS NEW. I HAVE ONE MORE DAY OF REST AND THEN TOMORROW IS TRADER JOE'S.......HOPEFULLY!
I MIGHT BE ON MY OWN FOR THE SHOPPING.
I TOLD JEN TO STAY HOME BUT WE'LL SEE IF SHE LISTENS
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

ANNIE.....HOPE YOU HELD YOUR OWN IN THE INTERVIEW. MY THOUGHTS WERE WITH YOU EITHER WAY.
SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BIRDIE'S MOMMA. WONDER WHERE SHE WENT TO?
ARE YOU SITTING OIN THE EGGS NOW??????
I LOVED THE PICS BUT WILL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT NEXT TIME.
NOW YOU KNOW WHY I ONLY POST PICS FROM OTHER PEOPLE!!

CEEJAY....I JUST HAD 2 WEEKS OF NOT FEELING VERY TALKATIVE. so ENJOY YOURS

LAURA....YOU SOUND LIKE YOU'RE ALREADY FOR THE SUMMER MONTHS AND LOUNGNG TIME.
HOPE YOU GOT ALL YOUR ERRANDS DONE. WE HAD A GOOD DAY TOO TILL THE RAINS CAME AGAIN
WE ARE THE QUEENS OF SOG NOW

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-06-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I agree the Queen looks well for her age.

Mel
You were up early this morning. Getting ready for Trader Joes!

Annie
You did well on posting the pictures. I still have to learn how to do this.

Laura,
What are you up to today other than work?

Hello's to Happy, Ellen, Michelle, and JavaTurtle. Have a good day.

------
I've ben thinking about the trip to Pigeon Forge. My neice said that we could stay with them in the cabin when we are at Pigeon Forge but I got to counting every one that is going to be there, 13 in all. I'm going to suggest highly to my bf that we get a hotel room. I'm going to need a place to retreat too with that many people and we'll be sleeping on the couch. I don't think so.
Nothing else to report.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #39  

Morning all.

Ellen - Hope the kids' physicals went well, and good you're getting that pap - hope it's done before you know it & comes out with no probs.

Annie - Awww, sorry posting the pics was such a PITA for you!! But thanks for going to all the trouble. Wow, that's a pretty big shed, and nice that the stone is around it. We have one of those "Rubbermaid" ones, and I wasn't home when bf and pals installed it... it's been several years so far, and thankfully it seems the ground beneath/around it is stable and it hasn't sunk...I worry one day it might and that the doors won't open, lol. I like that fire pit - nice size, I think bf would want a monster size one...

Mel - Glad you had a nice quiet election day. Wow, what's with all the rain you're getting?? Everything is going to be green, that's for sure.

Ceejay - I don't know how long your trip will be, but I think it's an excellent idea to get a hotel room - that's just a lot of people even in a good sized cabin. After a day of activities with family, you're going to appreciate having a peaceful place to go.

Michelle - Hearing a lot about the guv recall election in WI and thinking of you.

Happy - Now that you're a WI resident...did you vote in the election??

Hellos to Shad, Patty & Mary.
+++++

Once again, nothing much to report. After work bf raised the seat on my bike - neither of us have any idea how it got to be too low for me since last season. Is it possible we never raised it last year?? Anyway, it is at proper height for my legs...but now I'd like the handlebars raised!!

We took doggy for his walk and it was so cute when we walked by the park's tennis courts - he kept eyeing all the tennis balls, lol. One court had a whole hopper full of them! I would love to see what would happen if we let him loose in there with the players, hahaha. Chaos!! My other deviant idea is to sneak into the pool in the middle of the night with doggy. I've already determined the perfect somewhat hidden spot picked out in which to snip open a section of chain link fence. This is a zero depth pool and so doggy would have no problems getting in and out. Heck, that wouldn't be as bad as the miscreants who tossed a garbage can in the pool a couple years ago. But I imagine it's highly possible there are security cameras around to deter any funny business. Darn.

As we arrived home after the dogwalk, our neighbors were just leaving the house and we asked them if they wanted our hosta. They did, so we left them by their garage. Bf and I then got into it with each other over the paperwork he submitted the flex spending company for his crown. Appears that $14.60 is still not accepted - aaargh! I wonder if the taxes I'm saving are worth the all the circles we run around in to satisfy the FSA rules.

Didn't do any of the errands last night - maybe tonight. It's my Friday today, so I don't have to worry about a late night.

Tomorrow I have nothing planned except to pack what I need for my weekend getaway. Oh wait, I'll have to weed the veggie plot and plant my veggies. Would have been so much easier if the tiller had been operational...could have just raked away the weeds. Sigh.

TTFN!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #40  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! The trip to the doctor with all the kiddies went well, but took a long time. They were able to squeeze all 4 in for their physicals at once so I would only have to make the one trip. Everyone is getting so big. Turns out 3 of my 4 need shots this year for school and one will need shots next year b4 school. What a hassle, but something that must be done. I totally had forgotten that my girls did not have the Heb B series yet and they both need that before 5th grade. I have my annual PAP today…yay so much fun, but if this one comes back normal I am going to skip next year.
I am working an extra shift tonight to cover for someone who is sick, and I found ended up in the hospital. Not sure what is going on, but I know she could use the prayers.

Ceejay~the trip sounds nice, but I would definitely find a hotel room. I love my family, but I don’t know if I would want to be cooped up in a cabin with them…and I can just imaging the back pain I would have from sleeping on a couch!

Melody~I hope you are still taking it easy. Good news on the election going well. Have a fun trip to Trader Joe’s!

Annie~the pics are very nice, but I totally understand. Trying to post pics from my phone is a PITA. Your recipe sounds delish…I will have to try it, but maybe substitute some olive oil for some of the butter. DH is not doing good with any dairy/butter these days. How did the interview go?

Laura~the lounges sound really nice…you drove all the way out to my neck of the woods! But isn’t Craigslist so nice? I’ve picked up a few items for really cheap!

Happy~Sounds like you had a very productive weekend! I need to get myself in gear and keep working even on my days off. OMG I cannot believe there was a baby in the bar. Hopefully the mom will soon realize that she needs to put the kid first.

Java~nice to meet you! Would like to hear more about eating Paleo.

Michelle~4 interviews! That is awesome. Praying something works out for you. Sorry to hear that DH overdid things. Hope he is on the mend soon.

Patty~

Well, I could just keep going...the kiddies have all given me a little quiet time, but I have got to get ready for my appt...Yuck...the things we have to do!

Have a happy hump day everyone!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #41  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Hump day all....leaving at 2pm to get more done around the house before Dad's BD party on Saturday. Short day, short post...got to get a few things done here at work before I can exit.

Have a great day all.

love and hugs
Old 06-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #42  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Sorry I didn't get in here yesterday. It was one of THOSE days We have insurance through DH's retiree plan now and it seems that every time we call the employee service center we have to call 3 times to get things right. The people on the phone are always very nice but then a week or so later you find out they didn't do what they were supposed to do. They messed things up and even though I have documentation and names and dates, they never logged it into the system and that's what they stand by so one is hosed. Also they were supposed to send us an invoice for the insurance payment so I could submit for reimbursement under my retiree medical savings program but NO, they went and took it directly out of DH's pension check. 's ok, we don't need to eat this month or pay the utility bills Good thing the propane tank is full as well as the freezer and it stays light until 9pm so we don't need too much electricity. Then I had to call the doctor to switch all my prescriptions to the new plan. And then there's the lady who delivers our mail - Wrong Way Tweeter. Now our mailbox is right next to a BIG RED fire sign that has our house number on it. Yesterday we got 1 piece of mail for a house 2 roads down from us. Last night my next door neighbor came by with a handful of stuff - she delivered all our mail to him and he was looking for his mail. She is REALLY bad and it's not even funny anymore but DH said if we complain to the post office, she will just retaliate. We have gotten other people's important looking mail so who knows where the stuff is going to? Ridiculous. DH said this morning he went out to put up the hummingbird feeders and there was a baby fawn (deer) in the back yard. He said it looked just born - about 2 feet tall all spotted and cute as cute could be. He said when Momma deer spotted him, she nudged the baby off into the woods. We'll have to set the trail cam out to see it.

I did watch the transit of Venus across the sun on NASA cam yesterday. Pretty cool. It took far longer than I thought it would which was kind of nice.

Geez Ellen - talk about doctor bills But at least you can get them all done at once. Lots of things to remember with the vaccines and tests they do for kids now. I got the Hep B vaccine - my arm hurt for about 2 weeks!

Annie - sorry you had such a hassle posting pics but the yard and new stuff looks just lovely. Great job to you and Curtis!!!

Laura - I did not vote. I TRULY felt it was picking the lesser of 2 evils. You just know if you sneek into the pool, you'd be caught on the spot With the trend in dog parks and such, you'd think someone would come up with a puppy playland Are you getting excited about your getaway weekend?

Ceejay- ooh 13 in a house? Would be fun if you were 20 but that gets to be rather loud and no privacy in the bath and such. I think you are wise to get your own room and just meet at the house for meals and hanging out.

Mel - I did not watch the Diamond Jubilee but I did catch 2 minutes of Elton John singing I'm Still Standing. He can't sing well anymore. I also watched to episodes of Two Fat Ladies (the cooking show) and thought of you and your fondness for BBC television. I do agree the queen looks wonderful. Old Charles is never going to get his turn at the throne I'm afraid. Hope you are feeling well enough for your shopping trip tomorrow.

Shad - enjoy your 3 day weekend. Do more than just catch up on the chores thing.

Michelle - good luck in your interviews!

Time to get busy here. Happy Hump Day chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #43  
Happy September

THE DR'S OFFICE CALLED AT THE LAST MINUTE AND HE WANTED TO SEE ME. I DIDN'T ANSWER THE PHONE.
THEN CALLED ON MY CELL AND TOLD THEM I AM UNAVAILABLE TILL NEXT WEEK
I WANT TO REST UP FOR THE SHOPPING TRIP IN THE MORNING.
AND TOMORROW WILL BE BUSY PUTTING A MONTH'S WORTH OF GROCERIES AWAY!!
BESIDES...I AM RETAINING WATER AND MY BP IS UP
I DON'T WANT HIM POINTING HIS LITTLE FINGER AT ME AND WAVING IT AROUND!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW. I'LL BE BACK THURS NIGHT OR FRI MORNING

CEEJAY....WOW! THAT IS A MESS OF PEOPLE FOR ONE CABIN.
GOOD IDEA ABOUT THE MOTEL ROOM!! YOU COULD USE SOME QUIET TIME!!
SOUNDS LIKE A FUN VISIT COMING UP THOUGH AND I HOPE YOU BOTH ENJOY IT.

LAURA....YOU DEVIOUS LITTLE DEVIL YOU!!! WHO'D A THUNK IT!!!
YOU GAVE ME A GOOD LAUGH ABOUT THE DOG & THE POOL THOUGH. CUT THE FENCE
I REALLY HOPE YOU HVE A SUPER TIME WITH THE FRIEND IN CASE I MISS YOU'RE DEPARTURE. BE SAFE & HAPPY

ELLEN....GLAD ALL THE KIDDOS ARE DOING OK. YOUR FAMILY ALONE COULD FILL THE WAITING ROOM!
GOOD OF YOU TO WORK FOR THE WOMAN.
SENDING A GOOD THOUGHT OUT TO HER.....HOPE IT HELPS.
TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TOO SICK!!!
SO YOU BETTER TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF TOO WITH ALL THIS WORK AND LONG DAYS

HAPPY.....THOSE PHONE PEOPLE ARE THE PITS!!! IT'S FUNNY BUT IF THE PERSON IS SNOTTY AND PUTS ME THRU H E L L ,
THEN I USUALLY GET THE WORK DONE RIGHT. WHEN NICE LIKE YOU GET THEM....THEY JUST DON'T COME ACROSS WITH THE WORK!!
I AM PRAYING JEN & I CAN GO. KEEP A GOOD THOUGHT IN YOUR HEAD TONITE FOR US. LOL THE FAWN SOUNDED SO CUTE!! OMG!!!!
HOPE YOU GUYS MAKE IT THRU THE MONTH MONEY WISE....
IF NOT I AM LOADED AND CAN SEND SOME ASAP.....(that is as soon as i fill the printer up with green ink!!)

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-06-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #44  

Could have caught an earlier train today, but I responded to a lot of follow-up questions this afternoon and since I'll be out til Monday I thought I'd hang around til my normal quitting time to see if anyone had any other questions. They are trying to get something put together using my info. The only inquiry in the past hour has been the boss wanting restaurant suggestions for the Woodfield area.

Ellen - Too bad you couldn't get the kids' shots done yesterday! Good of you to work someone else's shift - and more $$ is good too. Yeh, we looooove Craigslist and have bought many items through it, and sold too!

Annie - Hope you had a productive afternoon prepping for your dad's bday bash. I'll be gone, so I hope it all goes well and extend my happy b-day greetings to your dad - hope he has a great day and a marvy year!!

Happy - Sorry about the probs with the health insurance/benefits. I totally get the frustration and anger. Same with the mislaid mail deliveries!! How ridiculous is that?? Now wonder the PO is going broke and losing biz. Awww, a fawn, how cute!! Hope you get to see it live or on the camera. Yeh, looking forward to my brief time away - the bf probably is too, lol. I was also thinking yesterday that Charles might not get to be king for a long time, if ever!!

Mel - Hope you have a good shopping trip tomorrow! LOL about avoiding the doc's call - give you time to work on the bp!

Okay, gonna get this posted and shut down and shove off. Let the weekend begin!!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #45  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Quick post for me as I'm trying to catch up from being out of the office all day yesterday. I called in as I had some "appointments". I had 2 excellent appointments on Monday, and 2 more excellent meetings yesterday. I also have an appointment on Friday during the lunch hour, and 2 more on Tuesday. Hopefully, I'll get some excellent news from these appointments in the next week or so.

I hope you're all doing well, and I'll try and catch up later today or this evening.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote