Old 06-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #226  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all.
Beautiful morning here. Just wondering what to do with the day. Don't want to waste it. Might try for some shopping today and some bush walking tomorrow. If I can find some bush. Need time out after a hard week.

Michelle, hope everything works out as it should.

Annie - hope you are feeling better after the procedure now. It isn't a pleasant thing to go through. Hard on C enduring a strange truck and heat as well. Hope it has aircon in it and he has plenty of water and snacks on hand.Seems like work sucks all around at the moment

Mel - some meeting if no one reads the minutes.

Laura - Always read the labels on bottles, tins and packets. Look out for the additives, these are the things that really upset gut and intestine. Google will give you a list of food additives and what known issues they cause. Not the same for all people but I know that when DS1 had allergy and food issues it was always some in the 900's and a couple in the 200's that upset him. They put some horrible stuff in our food. http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/_src...%20numeric.pdf. The link is the Aus/NZ list of foods, yours may be different.

Pressed enter instead of using the mouse. Now have to edit or start another post. Grrrr

Ellen, busy as ever I see

Is ceejay off with the family this weekend. I am losing track of our whereabouts. Not even sure of my own at times.

Anyway, day is moving on. Time for some breakfast, shower, hang out the washing, sweep the floor and get some exercise in. DS2 and G/F have gone to NZ for the week, to meet the father!! Maybe things are serious here. Fingers

Last edited by Shad; 06-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a quick note to say hi, I'm using the cell phone. all I can say is that it's hot at 106 degrees.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #228  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!! SOME OF US HAVE ALREADY BEGUN BY WALKING IN THE BUSH.......IF THEY FOUND THE BUSH THAT IS!!

SHAD.......HOPE YOU FOUND SOME BUSH TO WALK IN.
GOD KNOWS YOU DESERVE IT THIS WEEKEND.
WILL KEEP GOOD THOUGHTS IN MY HEAD FOR DS2 & GF.
THIS IS A GOOD YEAR.....NEW BABE COMING AND MAYBE NEW DIL!
HOPE YOUR HEAD CAN RELAX OVER THE WEEKEND.

CEEJAY.....106!!!! YIKES!! HOPE YOU STAYED INSIDE!!'
WERE YOU AT WORK?? HOW WAS THE HEAT THERE?
SO....ARE YOU GETTING USED TO YOUR PHONE???
GOOD THING I DON'T HAVE ONE OR I'D BE POSTING LIKE A NEWS REPORTER ALL DAY!!

LAURA......YESTERDAY THE DR SAID HE WANTED ME TO EAT YOGURT.
HAD A FRIEND PICK ME UP SOME ORGANIC GREEK STUFF.
LET'S JUST SAY I WAS UP ALL NIGHT.
YOU WILL FIND THE FOODS THAT ARE RIGHT FOR YOU.
IT'S CALLED TRIAL & ERROR!!!
DON'T BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF ABOUT THE RELAY.
HARD TO GET ENTHUSED ABOUT SOMETHING WHEN WE'RE NOT 100%.
GOOD IDEA NOT TO STAY UP LATE AND GET THROWN OFF SCHEDULE!!

MICHELLE....WAVING BACK AT YOU
HOPE YOPU, DH & THE DMIL ARE DOING OK.

ELLEN.....YOU ARE THE BUSIEST GAL I KNOW!
HOPE THE BACK/HIP IS FEELING BETTER.
IT'S PROBABLY SAYING....SIT DOWN FOR A MINUTE!!!

ANNIE.....GO AHEAD AND SPIT IN HER FACE.
IT MIGHT MAKE YOUR ARSE FEEL BETTER!!!
SENDING YOU EVERY GET WELL BUM WISH I KNOW
HOPE YOUR WEEK WILL BE KIND AND GENTLE TO YOU BUT
I AM SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE TO GO IN ON MONDAY.

MORNING CHICKLETTES
I AM FLAT OUT EXHAUSTED FROM EATING THE "PRESCRIBED" YOGURT
AND THEN ENDING UP IN THE LOO ALL NIGHT.
TO SOME PEOPLE YOGURT DOES NOT ACT AS A DAIRY.
TO ME IT DOES.
NEVER AGAIN WILL I LISTEN TO ANY DR ABOUT THAT.
IF THIS STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN I JUST MIGHT HAVE TO RUN OVER HIS TOES.

NO ONE DECORATED HERE FOR ANY OF THE "FLAG" HOLIDAYS THIS YEAR.
LAST NIGHT THE SENIORS WERE BESIDE THEMSELVES OVER IT.
THE FLAG IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THEM.
MANY CAME FROM FOREIGN LANDS.
THE BOSS IS ON VACATION. SO NO HELP THERE.
LAST NIGHT IN BETWEEN "STOPS", I PRINTED UP OVER A DOZEN IMAGES AND GAVE THEM A TAPE DISPENSER.
THEY CAME BACK AND WANTED ME TO INSPECT THEIR HANDIWORK.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT THEY ARE WORRIED THEY'LL GET INTO TROUBLE NOW.
HOW CAN YOU I ANSWER.....TELL THEM MELODY ASKED FOR YOUR HELP CAUSE SHE COULDN'T REACH THAT HIGH!
I AM ON A CRANKY ROLL AND NO ONE WILL DARE COMMENT

NOTHING ELSE TO SHARE AND I REALLY NEED TO FIND SOMETHING THAT WILL STAY INSIDE ME!!!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE GREAT WEEKENDS

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-30-2012 at 07:59 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #229  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Saturday morning/night...

Woke up to "TOMKAT" is over. Katie Holmes has filed for divorce from Tom Cruise...I knew it would take too long for her to come to her senses. He is a complete nuttie idiot. All that Science religion thing is just too stupid and if you believe in it, I am sorry, but it is nonsense in MY mind. I may be wrong, but to me, it just doesn't make sense. Yes, I have looked into it...maybe being raised Catholic has fogged my perceptions of other religions, but Scientology just seem WEIRD. This coming from a disgrunteled catholic. Rant over...lol

The band ROCKED the park last night. Baby Girl, her bf, step kid and LIL MAN went with. I had excellent NANNA time as I told them to go eat and go on rides with Ainsley. He was such the sweetie....Granted it was a little too warm and we all sweated. Lil man sported his diaper only by the end of the night. Bless his heart, he stayed awake and actually enjoyed the music till 10 pm when the performance was over. Passed out in the car and slept all the way home as did Ainsley and Chris. Samantha rode up front with me and we talked all the way home. Very enjoyable.

Tonite is the bands last performance. It is INSIDE in air conditioned premises. Thank God. Got several friends and family joining in. C is meeting one of my besties tonite for the first time. Guess he has to pass inspection to marry me....lol. I do not particularly care for her S.O., so her input will not weigh in much.....besides....all that really matter...FAMILY...just love C.

SHADDIE...the H*LL you have been through the past couple of weeks, by golly just do what you wanna do and not what you need to do. Enjoy your weekend....

MELLIE....God love the seniors. Who really could get upset over decorating for othe 4th with them. WTG for taking the fall if they do....like you care. F all those that are against it. Stay cool.

CHELLE....still got the fingers crossed on dream job. Prayers too! I am feeling much better and today's high is 98. C may be done with the route by 2pm....hopefully! We did get some rain/storms, however it barely hit here. Got about 20 minutes of hard rainfall and it was over. At least I didn't have to water the garden and flowers. How is DMIL...I am getting another box just about ready to ship...mostly magazines this time but a few books too. Let me know when you no longer want them.

CEEG....we I feel your heat pain...we have been 104 and 102 the past few days, however my car said the outside temp was 111. It was 105 in the parking garage. It is just ridiculous. I am not even wearing make up the past few days (something I never do) just so it doesn't melt and roll down my face. YIKES! I may be scary, but at least my face doesn't melt. LOL

LAURA...noticed you got some rain yesterday also....hope it helped up your way!

Gotta get my day started, washing sheets, grocery shopping, and vacuuming. Then band tonite. Last performance...so sad....I just hate it.

Everyone have a wondeful weekend...enjoy indoor activities, too hot out there.

Hello's to all..

Love and Hugs.....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #230  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning wordlies!! Things seem to be evening out, but it will continue to be busy. DH is on vacation this week and has us doing something almost every day, but I will manage…Will just make him give me a massage!! Working this weekend—nothing else new.
We had some bad storms yesterday, had 2 systems go thru, about an hour apart and both were rough. I had to drive thru the first one on my way home. There are no words to describe it. On my way in to work this morning the thing that struck me the most is the FLATTENED corn fields.

Annie~We all knew “tomkat” was only a matter of time! LOL this has been brewing for a long time! So glad you got to see the band last night. AND spend time with Lil man. Why is the band Breaking up??? Did I miss that soemwhere?

Mellie~I have a hard time with dairy of any kind, even yogurt. Sorry it kept you up all night. As for the seniors, I believe it is generational thing. A lot of people even my age have no respect for the Flag and what it stands for. Good for you letting them put up some pics and decorate. I am sure it means a lot to them. I loved your kitty picture. I posted on Facebook!!

Ceejay~106 deg!!! OMG. Keep hydrated and stay out of the sun!!

Shad~hope you were able to enjoy your weekend and get some much needed time for yourself. Will keep my fingers crossed for DS and his GF

Michelle~Is DH feeling any better yet? Prayin for the hospital job!

Laura~We had some bad storms last night. Did you get any of it up in the city?

Patty~

Well, I guess I should start doing my job. Hope everyone has an excellent day!!

Last edited by upswife; 06-30-2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: for clarity
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #231  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Not much going on. I gotta clean so nothing much to say. Enjoy your weekend.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #232  

Morning all.

Ellen - Sorry you had to drive through one of the storms that passed through! That's horrible about the flattened corn fields. I was at the Relay for Life event in a neighboring suburb and my BIL was there checking the radar on his phone every 5 minutes (it seemed) and sure enough another big storm was headed our way. Around 9-ish we were told to put our belongings in our cars, and that the Luminaria ceremony (honoring loved ones lost or who'd survived in a battle with cancer) would be held in the school gym. I don't think the storm hit as severe as in other areas, but we had some thunder & lightning. At the time I left, shortly after the ceremony (10:30-ish), it was just lightly raining, but we had more storming after I got home. Bf, the night owl, told me it rained for several hours. I hope you have fun while dh is on his vacay - sounds like you might need a vacation after the vacation!!

Annie - I spent about 4 hours outdoors yesterday and was hot and sweaty all night, plus the time spent in the non-AC gym. Glad you enjoyed the band, the some time w/ Lil Man and chat w. dd. I was trying to see what the rain totals were for our area, but couldn't find them online. Just glad I won't have to water much, if at all. There's one planting that's just enough under the eaves of the house that it doesn't get much moisture, so that'll still have to be watered... Sad about the last performance of the band tonight - savor it! Bummer you have to work on Monday when you'd planned to have it off.

Mel - Sorry the yogurt did a job on you! I sure hope you find something your poor belly can tolerate. Not too keen on trial and error...I'm hoping my problem is just maybe one thing that started it all and that's taking its time clearing out. Very nice of you to help the seniors decorate for the 4th, and to offer to take the fall if they get flack for it!!!

Ceejay - That's hot!! Now we're getting humidity, so our heat indexes are rather high and we're that much more uncomfortable.

Shad - Hope you found some bush to walk through. Work hard, play hard!! Yes, funny how people are dismayed about the animal parts that end up in our foods, but don't raise a ruckus about the man-made preservatives/additives that are in them. The other day I had a southwestern salad with the usual corn, black beans, salsa, etc mixed in. It also had the usual tortilla strips on it, but they were red!! I was thinking to myself, naturally after I'd mixed everything together and they were broken to bits that I really shouldn't be eating something that contained all that nasty Red Dye 40, and I shudder to think of all the foods marketed to children with all those horrible dyes in them. I'll check out your link, I'm sure there must be a US equivalent.

Michelle - We're seeing Sarah McLachlan tonight. I hope you're able to get out to a concert or fest. I like the local fests in the summer where you can just come and go and not invest much time or money to see a bit of entertainment. We have our suburb's fest starting early next week.
===
Well, wasn't too unhappy to work a few hours yesterday morning since the weather was crummy anyway.

It was a shame that the Relay event was curtailed by rain. I highly doubt they tried to wait it out - once they told everyone to stow there items, a lot of people just went home (including my sister/BIL and my SIL and her sister). So much planning and effort goes into the event activities - it runs 6 pm to 6 am - and much of it's for naught when the bad weather hits. But at least we had about 3 good hours.

But it did feel oh so good to get home and take a shower!

More sweat in the schedule, since we are going to an outdoor venue for our concert tonight. Bf wants to eat dinner at the venue, but I'm going to check their site and see what's available there. Honestly, I might not want to eat outside unless we just brought something from home or got carry out from somewhere. That's the nice thing about this venue is that it allows outside food and beverage on the lawn, and concert-goers set up the most simple to the most elaborate spreads for themselves. We have tickets for the pavilion, but I wouldn't mind also setting up a couple chairs and a cooler for before the concert and maybe during intermission or during a few songs.

Okay, enough rambling and on with the day!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #233  

Haven't read the post but I'm back home. I've been at my bff for a couple of days in Jonesboro, AR.

Got lots to do so I'll be back later.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #234  
Happy September

YESTERDAY WAS MY TURN IN THE HAMMOCK.
LOVELY QUIET DAY FOR THE MOST PART.
ENJOYING THE WEEKEND.
HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE TOO
SENIORS ARE HAVING A QUIET WEEKEND TOO.
I WENT DOWN TO CHECK ON THEM LAST NIGHT.
THEY WERE WATCHING THE BRITISH SITCOMS.
HAPPY LITTLE BUGGERS THEY WERE.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE

ANNIE.... YOUR WEEKEND IS FILLED WITH MUSIC, FAMILY & FRIENDS.
CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THAT.
YOU & CURTIS ARE WHAT IS IMPORTANT.
AND I AM GLAD YOU KNOW THAT

ELLEN....I FEEL FOR THE SENIORS AND THEIR OUTLOOK ON THE FLAG.
I WAS RAISED WITH THE FLAG SO TO SPEAK.
SO IT WAS FUN FOR ME TO MAKE THE PRINTS AND SEE THEM UP. LOL
I WOULD LOVE SOME OF YOUR ENERGY!!!
HOPE THERE IS ELLEN TIME THIS WEEKEND TOO.
GOOD IDEA WITH THE MASSAGE!
THESE STORMS ARE VERY SCARY. THE PICTURES WERE LIKE A MOVIE SET.
STAY SAFE OUT THERE WITH MOTHER NATURE .
SHE'S ON A HECK OF A RAMPAGE!
YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH THE GRAPHIC ON FACEBOOK

HAPPY.....WAVING BACK TO YOU!
COME CLEAN FOR ME AND WE'LL HAVE A CHAT

LAURA....HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CONCERT.
SHAME ABOUT THE RELAY AND THE WEATHER.
WEIRD WEATHER ALL OVER THE PLACE.
HOPE TOO THAT YOUR TUMMY ISSUE IS SHORT-LIVED.
COULD IT HAVE BEEN A TOUCH OF FOOD POISONING??

HOME CEEJAY!!
HOPE YOU AND BFF HAD A GOOD TIME TOGETHER. REST UP!
Old 07-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #235  

I'm always tired when I get back home from even a short trip. There's to much to do. I'm going to spend the afternoon preparing for the next work week. Wish I had 4 day week ends each time. The one good thing about next week end is it's mine. I have to get ready for Pigeon Forge. We're still planning to go unless the horrible heat doesn't break by then. We could still probably go and do things in the morning.
Forgot to mention that when my bff and I were leaving for breakfast one morning there was a mother duck and 6 babies. The daddy was a little farther away but came hustling back to protect his family. There is a small "lake" just outside her door. It has a fountain going but the water table is very low.

Mel
Glad you are having a quiet week end. You most definitely deserve it.

Looks like people are still sleeping in. or just enjoying their day.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #236  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Heat's finally creeping up here though not as warm as many of you are dealing with. Still it is relative and hotter than normal is hotter no matter what the actual temp is. DH set up the webcam to see if there is a raccoon trying to get in under the deck. He was quite surprised to see pics of that darn bear at 10:48pm and again at 3am. I can't for the life of me figure out why that guy WON'T LEAVE . There is nothing to eat except poor L.B. I also don't want to wake up one morning to find my garden fencing ripped down and all my plants eaten. DH figured he was still around as he saw a big pile of scat when he was mowing that he said wasn't there last week. The fact that he's around at 10pm just after it gets dark is a bit unnerving. I often leave both entrance doors open off the deck to get a cross breeze. The door off the kitchen is right next to my garbage can - would't take much for a hungry bear to smell that and bust right through the screen door. The other night someone came around and tipped over the outside garbage can but the sound of it falling sent them packing so they never got anything from it. DH thinks it was the raccoon, hence the webcam. And the funny thing is, he got 2 pictures at 2 different times and we see some weeds by the porch stairs "moving" if you look at the 2 pictures quickly. Upon closer inspection it appears that the darn raccoon is indeed going under the porch just as the bear is passing by! So see, living the life of Disneyland with all this wildlife is not always birds and songs and happy things! It does make me nervous that the bear is out so early - I generally don't go out at dark on the deck except to step right outside the door and look at the night sky. Don't want to be running into a bear! And if we go out, we and generally home by night fall since it stays light close to 10pm up this way.

Yesterday I had such a taste for potato soup and I had lots of potatoes to use up so I made a pot full of cream of potato with bacon. Smelled and tasted so good. DH said it smelled like clam chowder as it was cooking and I realized I stumbled upon the perfect recipe for creamy clam chowder (all these years I have been making DH's favorite broth based soup). So now we can both have the kind we like. Except that clams this way are horridly expensive as in 60 cents each and it takes about 2 dozen to make a decent soup. I talked to Mom yesterday - she is bored - the excessive heat is keeping her inside and she's going stir crazy. I invited her up for a visit but she is supposed to get a heart shock procedure for her atrial fibulation and is hoping to get the go ahead for that in the next week or two. The 2 weeks after that can be touchy in case the shock dislodges a clot so travelling is out of the question for the time being.

Mel - I don't understand the fascination with British sitcoms with the seniors. When my Mom hears something British she is always complaining they sound like they are talking with their mouth full of chit But anything to keep them quiet. Do the men watch them too? Sorry the Greek yogurt did a number on you. I wonder why - is some yogurt more potent than others??? I would be delighted to come clean your place. I can promise we'd do more laughing than cleaning You bring the oxygen tank and I'll bring the bucket and rags We are going to focus on getting the garages tidied up this week so your room in the man cave is coming along - although with Mr. Bear roaming, maybe we need to build you a ramp up to the house.

Ceejay- hope you had fun with your BFF. Stay cool. I have been watching that dreadful heat down your way. 20 degrees warmer than we are having here. Is that putting a strain at the plant?

Laura - hope you enjoyed the concert and didn't melt. I think one of the fun things about that particular venue is it's all about the outdoor experience. Unlike most places where they control what comes in and charge outrageous prices for food and drinks - it's nice that you can bring your own picnic and enjoy the music. I'm thinking because it's been so dry it's kept the mosquitoes at bay too? I've wondered about those bright red tortilla strips too - not a worry anymore because we're far away from any restaurants that serve them

Ellen - have a good vacation - don't let DH run you ragged.

Annie - yep, saw the news about TomKat. Big surprise She always looked unhappy with him. Between him and Travolta, giving Scientology some bad press yet AGAIN. Heard they disagreed on parenting styles - she wanted Suri to go mainstream with other little kids in regular schools, he wanted her privately taught and away from the other people. She looked like the kind of kid who was never told no in her life. Give her a reality check before it's too late although that may never be. Glad you had fun at the concert - is the band breaking up? Hope you can take the rest of the week off like you planned.

Michelle - that's good news about your interview. Hopefully it carries through to the final result for you.

Shad - you make a compulsive arguement for eating as unprocessed and natural as possible. I completely notice a difference when I'm eating more on the processed foods and less on the packaged stuff. Same for fast foods which I almost totally ignore - except for Subway now. I'm very glad we don't have those temptations around.

Well time to get off the computer, go water the garden and then I need a dye job. It's going to be a hot one, good day to go to the local bar, sit on the deck by the lake and knock back a tasty beverage or two. Good burgers too

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-01-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #237  
Happy September

Going To Make The New Thread For July....be Right Back With The Link.................................
Old 07-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #238  
Choose your hard

Mel - I can set up the new thread - didn't realize we're in a new month. Want me to do it?
Old 07-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #239  
Happy September

HAPPY....OH CRAP I JUST FINISHED IT..............SORRY!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post4390128

DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE GIRLS!!!