3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   May - Madness or mellowness (Meliness) for the Worldly chicks. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/258089-may-madness-mellowness-meliness-worldly-chicks.html)

ceejay52 05-13-2012 08:45 AM

Happy Mother's Day

Happy
I enjoyed the poem.

Mel
We only got a drizzle of rain. Sigh. Just bought necessities at Walmart.

As for me I'm back to work. Really do not want to be here.
I did get the bedroom cleaned.

happy2bme 05-13-2012 10:40 AM

Good morning everyone,

Happy Mother's Day to all.

It's just gorgeous outside. Warm and sunny, the birds are singing in the back, the hummingbirds are arrived also. Having a coffee on the deck - life is good :D I do have alot of work to do but right now I'm enjoying a quiet moment.

I liked this morning's graphic Mel. Something about a little kid's drawing that is so cute - often much cuter than the kid itself :rofl: You can tell I'm not a Momma - probably for good reason too. As for bumblebees, they are the essence of determination I think because according to physics or something, they should not really be able to fly, but so they do. And as they get bigger, they have a more low to the ground, loping flight - the better for me to run away from them :lol: Have a great day with Jen.

Ceejay - I made up for you at the grocery store yesterday. Didn't want to go but glad I did because they had some good sales on things I will need for the family visit. Bummer that you have to work today - hope it's quiet for you.

Shad - I read off your breakfast list to DH, neither of us knew what champers was. Had to look it up :lol: But it sounds like you had the most marvelous meal - how nice of DS to cook it for you. Great way to start the day - hope you have a most relaxing one - you are overdue for a nice day of rest.

Time for me to call Mom and sing her the Outback Steakhouse Mum song - she likes the part about "when she slaps us on the bum..." :rofl:

Hope all the Worldlies have a nice Sunday today - I'm off to get busy but first maybe a bowl of these beautiful strawberries I got yesterday which are tempting me with a wonderful smell. :hungry:

MELODY525 05-13-2012 11:07 AM

http://www.nothinglikeaustralia.com/...7546_27809.jpg

No one ever loves you like your Mum, Mum.
Everything we owe, we owe to Mum, Mum. 'We owe to Mum!'
Even when she whacks you on the bum, Mum.
Mum's the word and so the word is Mum. 'That's me Mum!'

'Come on Bruce!'
For Mother's Day a year is fine for some, Mum.
But we know our mother's job is never done, Mum. 'It's never done'
You will always be her number one, Mum.
Mum's the word and so the word is Mum. 'That's me Mum!'

Laura705 05-13-2012 01:49 PM

Afternoon all.

Mel - I like that poem, or is it a cheer or song? Oh, just read Happy's post and saw it's from the Outback Steakhouse, LOL. :) BTW, nice MD graphics and sentiments. Glad you have no workmen to monitor today. Enjoy being in Mother's Day mode. Wow, the idea of you rolling down the street wearing a Freddy mask scared me too!! :yikes: Maybe one of those beekeeper hats instead?? Bumblebees are the only bee that doesn't set me off in a panic to be rid of them. They just seem to leave us humans alone and go about their business. Re the NATO craziness, my employer is being pretty catious about it, so that helps. I thought the train restrictions - no bevgs, no backpacks - are sort of extreme, but bf thought it made sense. I'm alreading taking this Friday off work (village garage sale starts) and our office is closed next Monday, so hopefully I avoid a lot of the inconvenience. No new eyeshadow yet - brought my coupons with me Friday, but the Walgreens by the office doesn't sell the Physicians Formula brand. I'll get to the store today.

Happy - Lovely mother's day poem. LOL singing the Mum song today And you get to celebrate again in a week in person. :) I'm sure your family will enjoy their visit regardless of the weather - it's the company, right??. Sounds like you're enjoying a pleasant day on the deck. Beautiful day here too. I've got my work laptop out in the 3-season room looking out onto the backyard. Don't hear birds at the moment, but I was hearing dogs barking and now I hear kids. And doggy is now whining to go out - again. Today's workout will be the up and down to let doggy in and out, haha. He wants to be where we are, as usual, but he also wants to be outside sniffing the air and soaking up the sun on the lawn and rolling on his back in the grass. :) It'll be interesting to see what types of crops do best in your garden. Cherry or grape tomatoes might be better than the larger varieties!

Ceejay - I imagine it must feel lonely to be at work on a Sunday when everyone else seems to be out and about doing fun stuff. Then again, having weekdays off is the reverse, and you get the bonus of less crowds...

Shad - Your mother's day sounded heavenly - and what a nice breakfast spread. Mimosas - so decadent sounding. Last week's work sounded awful, so I hope this week is better!!!

Hellos to Annie, Michelle, Patty & Mary. Hope you're all having a great Sunday.
==
Weekend. Ahh. Friday bf picked me up at the train in the neighbor's pick up truck ready to pick up our sofa. I went back to the craigslist ad for it - the reason I came across it while browsing for patio furniture was the woman posted it as a "patio sofa", LOL. http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/fuo/3007147395.html Not meant for the outdoors though, but perfect for our 3-season room. Anyway, of course it was a PITA moving the thing - just long enough that the gate of the bed couldn't be close, so bf sat in the back to ensure the frame didn't shift. I drove slowly and tried to make gentle turns and stops - glad we were close to home. Bf is thrilled the sofa is long enough to stretch out and nap on, LOL.

Saturday morning I puttered around and ended up doing some shifting around - bottled water and soda from the 3-season room got moved to the pantry. Several appliances in the pantry were moved to a shelf in the basement (seldom used), and other items in the pantry went to other cabinets. Spices from several different shelves got consolidated into three shoe boxes, and now that they're all in one spot we can more easily tell if we're really out of it. Currently we have two containers of peppercorns because bf didn't see we already had one...Want to pick up a few cheapie plastic bins from the dollar store to replace the shoe boxes. A couple items made it to the "sell or donate" pile too.

After all that and getting very dusty in the process, it was the perfect time for a workout. Only did one BE workout because I realized quickly I wasn't up for two - hadn't eaten any protein that morning so even one workout was a struggle.

Lunch, dog walk, and then the auction/dinner. We had a nice time - enjoyable company at our table, good turnout (~160 people), decent food, great cause. Of course we all spent more than planned. We ended up with several silent auction items - some household items and gift certificates. For next year it might be fun to put together a donation for the silent auction - a chance to be creative.

Slept later than I thought I would this morning, so half the day is gone, but I'm enjoying the view from the 3-season room and the quiet (for the moment). Peonies look like they want to bloom soon - this week for sure if the weather stays nice.

Okay, now that I have the wi fi connection going, I will try to connect to the office's vpn to make sure I can do it next Monday.

Cheers!
:cheers:

Shad 05-14-2012 06:08 AM

It's late and really nothing much happened today that was different from Friday. I did get the doco sorted and then found another area of the 'net where there is some more doco stored. How many places are there that there is stuff? Same as the other stuff, some correct, some wrong. I really think we have tried to be too clever with the online and printable doco. All the bells and whistles could have waited until we bedded down the various implementations. Or maybe we should have thought about the real neccesities before we started. Anyway, haven't had an argument with anyone except Microsoft Word today so that has to be a bonus.

Haven't got time for personals, I need to try to sleep tonight. I have been waking up every couple of hours and not getting a good sleep. Will have to try to break the cycle somehow, so trying an early bed tonight. Maybe tonight will be better than last.

Catch you all tomorrow. Have a good rest of the mothers day whats left of it.

MELODY525 05-14-2012 07:49 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UFjX1yZU2_...1600/gudm1.gif

GOOD MORNING CHICKS:coffee:

MOTHER'S DAY WAS A GOOD ONE FPR THE MOST PART.
WE HAD HOT CUBAN SANDWICHES AND SWEET TEA.
NOT EXACTLY "DIET" FRIENDLY BUT DELISH.
WATCHED SOME STAR TREK AND CHATTED A BIT.
I HIT THE SACK EARLY FOR A GOOD READING SESSION.

IT WAS A LITTLE BUSY WITH A WOMAN WHO HAS...I THINK...DEMENTIA.
SHE SAT IN HER CAR FOR OVER 2 HRS AND LATER DROVE AWAY.
IN THE MEANTIME, I CALLED HER SON WHO IS OVER AN HOUR AWAY.
THANK GOD SHE CAME BACK JUST BEFORE HE GOT HERE.
I SAT OUTSIDE HER CAR TRYING TO GET HER BACK INSIDE BUT EVER SO GENTLY.
THEN SHE GOT AGGITATED WHEN A GENT CAME OVER ASKING HER QUESTIONS.
EVERYONE HAS TO GET IN THE ACT:tantrum:
I DECIDED HER SET OF WHEELS WAS BIGGER THAN MINE SO I WENT BACK INSIDE AND TOOK THE GENT WITH ME.
NO NEED FOR ME TO GET CAUGHT BETWEEN 2 PARKED CARS....SQUISH!
WON'T BE DOING THAT AGAIN ANY TIME SOON. WASN'T THINKING.
NEVER A DULL MOMENT HERE.
LOTS OF REPORTS TO MAKE SO SEE YA MANANA.

HAPPY.....YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH THE SONG. I WILL HAVE TO GO AND LISTEN TO IT ON YOU TUBE. TOO FUNNY.
HOPE YOU HAD A NICE CHAT WITH THE MOM.
I DO NHOPE MOM GETS A GOOD VISIT AND SOME REST.
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE HOW SHE IS IN PERSON AND PUT YOUR MIND TO REST:hug:

CEEJAY......LOOKS LIKE HAPPY BOUGHT ENOUGH STUFF FOR BOTH OF US! :rofl:
SORRY YOU HAD TO WORK YESTERDAY:hug:
WE'RE HAVING RAINY WEATHER ON & OFF THIS WEEK. I';LL SHARE IF YOU NEED SOME:rain:

LAYRA.....JEN USES SOME PHYS. FORMULA STUFF.
SHE LIKES THE QUALITY AND NO BREAK OUTS!!
THE SOFA IS GORGEOUS AND SUCH A GREAT FIND.
SORRY IT WAS A PITA TO MOVE BUT WORTH IT!!
I AGREE WITH THE BF....2 GOOD THINGS NOT TO BE IN THE HANDS OF CRAZY PEOPLE.
WE LIVE3 IN A DIFFERENT WORLD NOW. EXPECIALLY THE CITIES.
DON'T MAKE ME COME OUT THERE AND DRIVE YOU TO WORK MYSELF:scooter:

SHAD.....GLAD THE JOB CALMED DOWN A BIT.
SORRY TO HEAR THAT THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG WITH THE DOCO.
I WOULD PROBABLY BE EVEN SORRIER FOR YOU IF I KNEW WTF YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT.
BUT HAZARDING A GUESS I SEND A HUG :hug:
GOOD ON YA THAT YOU ONLY FOUGHT WITH MICROSOFT!!!:lol3:

diyana 05-14-2012 08:39 AM

Hi ladies -

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was busy but there was also some time for relaxing. I didn't get as much done as I would've liked...but isn't that always the case? :lol: On Friday, we took DMIL out for a fish fry dinner, which we all enjoyed. DH and I don't like fish as a general rule, but we do enjoy beer-battered haddock. I know, I know...it's fattening, but oh so good! After dinner, I mowed both lawns since they were getting so long and there was a chance of rain in the weekend forecast. Saturday, we went to Milwaukee and ran a lot of errands, including going to the best produce market in the area where we bought lots of yummy fruits and veggies, including a case of strawberries for only $3. They were only selling them by the case at this price, so when we got home, I took 1/2 case to our across the street neighbor (the man who snowplowed our driveway and is always so helpful). Yesterday, we took DMIL out for breakfast, which was really nice, and then I did a little work in the yard, a few loads of laundry and then relaxed.

I've got a lot to get done today. One of my technical analysis documents came back with lots of revisions (including requests for information I don't know where to find). :faint: And I've got to work on my goals and action plan to meet my improvement requirements.

After work today, I'm hoping to either do some trimming and edging of the lawn or go to the gym. DH's b'day is tomorrow. So I'm going to go to the store and get a cake or cake mix.

Mel - I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day with a yummy dinner, good conversation and relaxing! Such a shame about the woman that might have dementia. Perhaps her son should consider taking away her car. Good for you for trying to coax her gently back inside. Although now that you mention it, it was a bit too risky. Shame on the butt-in-ski for getting her all agitated.

Laura - Such a nice sofa! I actually got our living room sofa and love seat off of the Chicago Craigslist. Exactly what I wanted and the price was so reasonable, it was well worth the drive. Glad you had a nice time at the auction/dinner. Good for you for taking time off during the NATO conference - that's smart! I haven't checked our peonies...hopefully they'll be ready to bloom soon. :)

Happy - I love the Outback Steakhouse Mum song! Too funny! We've been enjoying yummy strawberries too...last night as a topping for vanilla ice cream, and today I packed them as a snack.

Shad - What a lovely Mother's Day breakfast, complete with Mimosas! Yumm!! Sorry to hear that work is being a PITA. I hope this week goes better. Hang in there, my friend. I haven't been sleeping well for the last week or so. I've been tossing and turning and waking up every couple hours due to back pain.

Annie - Hope you had a nice weekend! :hug:

Ceejay - Good for you for not going overboard at WalMart. It's so easy to do once you're inside the store. I hope you have a quiet week at work.

Speaking of work...I'd better get back to it. This documentation isn't going to write itself.

Much love and many hugs,

annie175 05-14-2012 08:58 AM

Happy Belated Momma's day....got two great cards in the mail on Saturday. Both made me cry. Saw neither child on Sunday...guess they had their own things going on.....Curtis the sweetheart that he is took me out to eat for momma's day. Even tho I am not his momma. I had grilled chicken and a grilled shrimp skewer with fresh greenbeans a roll (that I gave to C), and a very delish side salad. We spent the remainder of the day out in the yard. Cutting grass, cutting up wood for the pit, C replaced the screen on the slider door in the back where Hella B poked a hole in it. Looks all nice and neat now. Also got my garden in. I planted way more than I was going to....3 types of tomatos, red and yellow peppers, banana peppers, jalapenos, lettuce, spinach, zucchini, cilantro, basil and I think that is about it. We did have a fire in our new fire pit. It was certainly nice. Threw back a few glasses of wine and really mellowed out. Had a hard time motivating up yesterday.

I leave tomorrow for Louisville for work and won't be back until Friday evening, therefore I will be absent for a few days. I am going down for Spectrum training (one of our systems we use to create proposal and submit groups). I have already been using it, but never had official training, then last week they implemented an update. The next training is not till August so thought I had better jump in on this one. Staying at the Hyatt downtown LV near the Humana campus. That in itself is worth the trip. Indoor heated pool too. Yeah!

I have a lot to get done here between now and noon tomorrow. Have a marvelous day/night all.

Love hugs and prayers.

Laura705 05-14-2012 10:33 AM

Morning all.

Annie - Your garden sounds great! Will anyone from your office be going to Louisville with you? Safe travels, and enjoy the pool!! :swim:

Michelle - Glad you fit in some relaxation between all the busyness. Mmmm, strawberries! Yeh, we love Craigslist in our house - you can find great bargains there. I've told my mother about things we buy on Craigslist, and it's funny because she told me she can never remember the name - she calls it "Ericslist" LOL.

Mel - Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. I agree w/ Michelle - that woman's son needs to get his mother checked out and get her out of the driver's seat before something terrible happens.

Shad - All the work stress is probably causing your sleep problems. I hope you're able to sleep more soundly this week. Try some yoga to de-stress!:yoga:

Hellos to Happy, Ceejay, Patty & Mary!
==
Nothing much to report. I connected to our vpn on my laptop yesterday, but I need to have a network drive locally mapped (hard-mapped?) on my machine so I can get to our department's docs remotely. I thought I asked for that when I got the new laptop set up, but then I didn't see it yesterday. :?:

I did a load of laundry and a BE workout, then a dog walk, and then lunch. Talked with my mum and then sat on the patio for a bit. Some reading and tv and that was about it. Oh, I also booked the wine tour by bike that my friend and I will take on our weekend getaway next month. She booked the hotel. Looking forward to it!

Okay, need to talk to IT about the drive mapping before I forget. At lunch I'll try to make an appt ASAP with a new eye doc - if I could get in Friday (vac. day) it would be great because of course I'm on the final days of my final pair of contact lenses and don't want to order another couple boxes (6 pair) from my old eye doc. That's what I get for my procrastination. :(

happy2bme 05-14-2012 10:50 AM

Happy Monday chicks,

We had a nice weekend. I am still making more of a mess cleaning but I am making headway. Got to kick it into full gear this week as I'm sure it's going to zoom by. The weather was just perfect, hoping it will stay that way this week and next. Yesterday we had a delicious dinner of grilled steaks, home fried potatoes, ceasar salad, fresh corn on the cob and a strawberry rhubarb fresh fruit compote over some vanilla ice cream for dessert. Very yummy but heavy on the salt side as the scale showed this morning. Will have to be drinking extra water today. The hummingbirds are back in town and we have a red breasted grossbeak pair of birds on our suet feeder. DH takes the feeders down each night and puts them back up in the daytime. They are both on hooks off the ground. Last night DH was looking out the door watching the turkeys when he noticed movement by the boat shed. There was a big ole groundhog sitting and sunning himself on the rocks. He sat there a while and then popped under the boat shed. Apparently there are alot of critters who like to live under the boat shed much to DH's disgust :lol:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...GopherPyle.jpg

happy2bme 05-14-2012 11:15 AM

Laura - a wine tour on a bike? That sounds really fun and interesting!

Annie - have a good road trip. Please get some swimming in for me. Ahhhh... With all those peppers in the garden, I'm surprised you don't have fire roasted tomatoes :lol:

Michelle - that's a fantastic price on the strawberries. Best we can get is 2 dollars for the regular sized box of them. It's nice that you gave some to the helpful neighbor. I don't know where they are picking them from but they seem to mold very quickly - gotta use them up in a day or two it seems. I looked up online and it says they start to rot as soon as they are picked and there isn't much you can do to stop the mold except store them on a flat tray so they don't touch each other. Glad you enjoyed the beer battered fish. I'm glad they offer fried and broiled here. Hope you can get all your documentation fixed.

Mel - we had Cuban sandwiches on Saturday. First time for DH - he loved them. Geez scary moment realizing you are next to a car with a woman who is out of it. Kinda gives you the chills after the fact when you think about what could have happened. :yikes: Sometimes your building is more dangerous than the jungle!!!! Bungle in Mel's Jungle :rofl:

Shad - sounds like all this chaos at work is interupting your sleep with all the things that need fixing. Have a glass of wine tonight and get in an early rest.

Hi Ceejay :wave:

Sorry to be short but I got up early so I could get a running start. Have a good week ladies.

ceejay52 05-14-2012 11:52 AM

Not much going on in my neck of the woods.

Happy
Cute picture of the ground hog.

Laura
Good find on the couch, and you are doing great with the exercise.

Mel
Be careful outside in between parked cars. You were a brave soul to go outside to see about her.

Annie
Safe travels to Louisville. Are you staying downtown in the square?

Michelle
Sounds like you were a busy girl this past week end. Yum on the fish--except I like the catfish the best. How nice to give the neighbor some berries.

diyana 05-14-2012 02:39 PM

Annie - Bummer that you didn't get to see either kid on Mom's Day. But I'm glad you got nice cards. Have a great time in Louisville! Enjoy the pool. I bought my veggie plants over the weekend...still have to get them in the ground though.

Happy - What an adorable ground hog!! Good luck with the cleaning and getting things ready for your Mom's visit.

Laura - Wishing you luck to get an appointment soon with your new eye doc.

Ceejay - I hope you're having a great day.

Lots of love,

annie175 05-14-2012 09:38 PM

CHELLE...would love to come and plant your garden for you....Curtis and I would love planting for you...I really do not care what it is you want me to do as long as it is outside in the warm, sunny weather. Just let me know when you need the help we will plan a trip to help out. No worries about anything else...don't care what kind of shape anything is in....just want to see you and help out!!!

CEEG...don't know if the Hyatt is on the square or not but do know it is right downtown by the Humana campus...probablay is the case... I am just looking forward to geting away from the normal atomosphere of the office.

Shuuweee... I am beat...going to check out for the night...tomorrow will be a challenge....

Love and hugs.

MELODY525 05-15-2012 07:57 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SYg2aQcw1H...smile_1443.gif

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
LOVELY RAINY DAY HERE. GREAT FOR NAPS OR READING.
COME JOIN ME AND WE'LL HAVE AN OLD-FASHIONED CHIN WAG:cofdate:
DOING NOTHING TODAY. AND NOTHING iIS PLANNED EITHER.
AND I PUT A SIGN ON THE DOOR.... :beach:

IT SEEMS ALL THE FORMS I MADE UP AND LEFT IN THE OFFICE SUNDAY NIGHT ARE BEING PUT TO GOOD USE FOR THE INSPECTION BEFORE THE INSPECTIION. I WAS THINKING OF WHAT MISS HAPPY SAID ABOUT MENTORING ANOTHER PERSON. THERE IS NO OTHER PERSON TO MENTOR BUT IT GAVE ME THE IDEA OF MAKING LISTS AND FORMS FOR THE MEN TO USE SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO COME TO ME. I CAN MAKE THEM UP HERE. PRINT THEM OUT AND LEAVE IN THE OFFICE. SOONER OR LATER THEY CAN GET THE DRIFT THAT THE 2ND FLOOR IS OFF LIMITS:rofl:

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY:moped:

MICHELLE....:hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE DH!! HOPE HE IS FEELING BETTER TOO:hug: THE FISH FRY SOUNDED GOOD. I AM NOT A FISH EATER BUT WILL EAT ANYTHING FRIED:rofl: TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF SO YOU HAVE STAMINA FOR THE JOB AND THE MENTORS:hug:

ANNIE....SAFE TRAVELS AND HAVE A GREAT TIME EVEN WITH THE TRAINING!!! YOUR MOTHER'S DAY SOUNDED PERFECT. I CAN IMAGINE WHAT WAS GOING THRU YOUR MIND. SENDING ANOTHER HUG :hug:
SEE YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK:wave:

LAURA....HOPE YOU GOT ALL MAPPED OUT AND CALLED THE EYE DOCTOR.
I AM A PROCRASTINATOR FROM WAY BACK....I THINK I AM AN EXPERT AT IT NOW:rofl: THE BIKE & WINE TRIP SOUNDS GREAT. HOW NICE THAT WILL BE. CAN YOU DRIVE AND DRINK????:bike2:

HAPPY.....LOVED THE PIC OF MR. GROUNDHOG!!
THERE HE IS IN ALL HIS GLORY CATCHING THE RAYS!!! TOO FRASSING FUNNY.
I CAN SEE DH IS GOING TO NEED A LOT OF AMMO THIS SUMMER:rofl:
HAD A GOOD LAUGH AT THE CUBAN SANDWICH AND THE BUNGLE OF THE JUNGLE!!:lol3: :lol3:
MANY PEOPLE ASKED ME YESTERDAY IF I WAS THE NUT IN THE PARKING LOT!!
I JUST DIDN'T THINK. ALL I WANTED WAS TO GET HER OUT OF THE RUNNING CAR & THE HEAT. LOL
I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF YOUR BIRDS AND EVERYTHING YOU'RE LEARNING ABOUT YOUR ZOO!!!:hug: THANKS FOR SHARING!

CEEJAY...I WISH I WAS THAT BRAVE....I JUST NEVER THOUGHT OF THE CONSEQUENCES UNTIL SHE PUT HER HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL. :rofl:
DO YOU HAVE ANY FAMILY VISITS LINED UP FOR THE SUMMER MONTHS>>
HOPE THE ONE WITH THE THYROID OP IS DOING WELL.

:wave: SENDING OUT HUGS TO THE MISSING CHICKS.
BOTH NORTH & SOUTH. EAST & WEST. :hug