3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   May - Madness or mellowness (Meliness) for the Worldly chicks. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/258089-may-madness-mellowness-meliness-worldly-chicks.html)

Laura705 05-10-2012 12:52 PM

Morning all.

Annie - My thoughts and prayers are with you and C. for a good outcome re his employer. Glad the computers are fixed now. :) I'll have to try the yoplait greek yogurts. Your salad sounded really delish!! :hun:

Happy - Glad your makeshift greenhouse worked out. I put a couple hanging pots outside last weekend - I overwintered them and they are looking very scraggly. Hoping there's no more frosty weather - it'd be a shame they survived in primative conditions in the basement all winter only to succumb to late spring frost. And I have a couple more pots to move outside also... Enjoy your day outside.

Ceejay - Hope you're having a good trip to Jonesboro.

Mel - Hope the doc gets the situation w/ the scan straightened out. I'm glad he's on your side! Looked at some eye shadow yesterday at CVS at lunchtime but with a lot of them, I couldn't tell which ones were matte vs. shiny. One I found is Physicians Formula, might try that so I don't have to walk around w/ naked eyelids, LOL.

:wave: Hellos to Shad, Michelle, Patty and Java! :wave:
---
The movie "Five Year Engagement" was definitely better than the average romantic comedy. I enjoyed it, but it was a wee bit too long for me...my pet peeve. Jason Segal - meh. I don't have a great memory, but his character seemed a lot like the one in "Forgetting Sara Marshall". If the main character is going to show his arse and other naked parts, I'd prefer to have the actor be better looking and in better shape. Looking forward to seeing "The Avengers"! Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner - what more could you want??!!

Tonight is a hair appt. Touch up, no cut.

That's about it for me. TTFN.

MELODY525 05-10-2012 03:30 PM

http://thebayattic.files.wordpress.c...card.jpg?w=510

I WAS GOING TO POST THIS TONITE BUT THE DOOR MEN ARE HERE ALREADY. GOT THEM STARTED AND TOLD THEM I
D BE RIGHT BACK. OK
I DID 2 LOADS OF WASH AND PUT THEM AWAY. SPENT TIME WITH JEN. THEN SHE LEFT AND I WENT OUTSIDE FOR A FEW MINUTES OF OUR DISAPPEARING SUNSHINE. SUPPOSED TO BE NICER TOMORROW.
THE BUILDING STINKS OF OIL BASED ENAMEL PAINT. PU!! THE OLD GRAY FLOORS NEEDED PAINTING IWORK ROOMS DOWNSTAIRS AND SOME DOORS THROUGHOUT THE BLDG. WHAT A FRIGGING MESS.
ANYWAY....NOTHING NEW HERE CEPT THE NURSE CALLED CAUSE THE DR FORGOT TO ASK HOW I LOST THE WEIGHT AND WAS IT THE PROGRAM WE HAD DISCUSSED. HE WANTED TO MAKE SURE I LOST IT ON PURPOSE AND NOT CAUSE SOMETHING IS WRONG. :rofl: HE MAKES ME LAUGH.
TOMORROW IS FOOD SHOPPING AND THE DOOR GUYS. DAY 3 OF FOUR.
PRAYING THEY FINISH FRIDAY NIOTE AND AREN'T COMING BACK SUNDAY. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A VERY HAPPY FRIDAY. GOOD THING I'VE BEEN COOKING IN ADVANCE...I HAVE LOTS OF FOOD THAT JUST NEEDS REHEATING. :hun:
SWEET DREAMS & GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE.

CEEJAY....LIVE & LEARN IS RIGHT. NEXT TIME YOU CAN HAVE A MUCH BETTER & HAPPIER TIME. SAD HOW WHEN WE TRY TO HELP OUT OTHERS THEY END UP TAKING ADVANTAGE :hug: ENJOY YOUR FRIDAY :encore:

HAPPY.....MOTHZILLA!! OMG THAT CRACKED ME UP NO END!!:rofl: :rofl:
GLAD THE PLANTS MADE IT THRU THE NIGHT. GOOD IDEA USING THE SHOWER CURTAIN. SMART COOKIE AREN'T YA?!?!?!

I CANNOT WAIT TILL EVERYONE SEE YOUR HOUSE AND PROPERTY. HOPE MOM IS DOING WELL. HOW IS SHE BEEN SINCE COMING HOME???
SENDING HER GOOD THOUGHTS TOO:hug:

ANNIE.....I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HOSTESS BUSINESS.
I REMEMBER WHEN JEN & I LIVED ON HOSTESS PRODUCTS. HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANY IN YEARS AND JEN & RICHIE GAVE THEM UP NOW TOO.
BUT I DO HOPE THINGS GET SETTLED AND CURT IS OK:hug:
MAKE SURE THEY HANDLE YOUR PC PROBLEMS CAUSE WE NEED YA HERE!!!

annie175 05-10-2012 03:42 PM

Laura...I use Covergirl Eyehancers 3 kit shadow in shimmering sands color.

It is medium brown, light brown and light pink. I put the med brown on the lower lid..med brown on middle of lid and light pink on upper lid.

They have other shimmering colors too.

Cafe au lait - light brown/light tan/light pink
Golden Sunset - light brown,light gold/cream
Sea Glass - Tan/light green/cream
Dance Party - light pink/tan/dark pink

Hope this helps.

diyana 05-10-2012 04:53 PM

Annie - So sorry to hear about C's job. Sending many, many prayers his way for a good outcome. Sending much love to both of you as well. Thanks for the eyeshadow recommendations. It's been ages since I've worn makeup...and I really should get back to it - definitely for interviewing at least (hopefully one or two or more will be scheduled soon)!

Ceejay - I hope the trip to Jonesboro is a good one!

Happy - I've got to start working in the yard. This weekend will be mowing and if I have any energy or back left after that, I'll do some planting. It sucks that I'm trying to fend off a cold just when planting time comes around.

Time to head home....I'll post more tomorrow (or later if I can snag the iPad out of DH's hands for a few minutes). My plans for this evening involve getting home, fixing an easy dinner, showering and being in bed asleep by 6:30 or 7 (to try and knock this cold out).

Much love,

Laura705 05-10-2012 05:54 PM

Mel - Hope the shopping and the door work goes smoothly! You're lucky to have your doc looking out for you. :)

Annie - Thanks for the shadow recommendations - I'm gonna check those out. Heck, I bet I even have a coupon so I can save some money.

Michelle - Sorry you've got a cold. I hope the extra sleep helps, and that you're able to do everything you plan over the weekend. Early bedtime sounds good to me right now, but I have a hair appointment first dang it! :yawn:

ceejay52 05-10-2012 07:12 PM

Back from Jonesboro. Had a good doctor's visit. He froze some places off my back that look like moles but are not. Stopped by the regular doctor and picked up my lab results. I'm impressed. I still need to work on bringing up my hdl level. I did bring it up by 3 points from 35 to 38 but it's still not high enough. Need's to be at least 50 to 60. I'll be taking my flaxseed oil and exercising. My b12 level was extremely good.

My aunt called me today about my cousin who had thyroid surgery yesterday. His doctor removed a goiter the size of a softball. Yikes. He's doing well.

-----
Mel
Happy is right on with the blood pressure. The least little bit of stress can make it move up.

Happy
When I was in Missouri I got to see one Baltimore Oreo and one hummingbird. Think they were scouts. The BO is a beautiful bird. Wow that was a huge moth!

Michelle
Hope you get over you cold. Don't over do on the yard work this week end.

Annie
I thought about C the other morning when I saw the Hostess display. I don't need to but I'll buy a box tomorrow.

Laura
Glad you enjoyed the movie. Good luck finding the eye shadow's.

Shad
How did your day go?
Have a good day/evening

Shad 05-10-2012 07:38 PM

The Lost Dr. Seuss Book: I Love My Job
I love his boss and all the rest.
I love my office and its location.
I hate to have to go on vacation.
I love my furniture, drab and gray,
And the paper that piles up every day.
I love my chair in my padded cell.
There's nothing else I love so well.
I love to work among my peers.
I love their leers and jeers and sneers.
I love my computer and its software;
I hug it often though it don't care.
I love each program and every file,
I try to understand once in a while.
I'm happy to be here, I am, I am;
I'm the happiest slave of my Uncle Sam.
I love this work; I love these chores.
I love the meetings with deadly bores.
I love my job-I'll say it again.
I even love these friendly men,
These men who've come to visit today
In lovely white coats to take me away.

I'll be back when I find my way out of this place

annie175 05-11-2012 09:17 AM

TGIF fo sho....so glad to have this crazy week of failing networks and computers out of the way. This will be a busy weekend but not too bad. Tonight my BFF Leanne is having a baby gender revealing party for her step-daughter at 7 pm. Curtis and I will be attending. I tell you they come up with the dangest things to have parties for these days. Tomorrow getting up at dawn's crack with Curtis so I can be at Big O Tires to see about my front right tire that is bobboly. Then off to Joy's House (senior day care) to pick up the flowers I ordered to support their efforts. Home again, home again jiggity jig to hopefully plant my garden...YEAH! The fun stuff...Sunday is mother's day with no known plans. Hopefully I will get a card from my kids. I do need to clean house and put it back in order now that we have finished painting. That will probably be Sunday.

SHADDIE....Love the Doc Suess poem. How true, how true, keep telling ourselves that. And I am more than ready to go with the men in the white jackets. I copied the poem and sent it to a few of my co-workers...I think we all feel the same way.

CHELLE...hope your cold is getting better and the extra sleep did you some good. Do NOT overwork yourself this weekend and get even more sick. Do you hear me sista? I mean it. Hugs

CEEG...great to hear the lab results were a bit better. That in itself would put me in a better frame of mind. Good for you.

LAURA...I also use the foundation and blush that Ellen Degeneres promotes. It goes on smooth. Little creamy-ish but smooth. Covergirl & Olay simply ageless selection.

Hello to all the rest of you worldlies....have a marvelous day/night.

Love, Hugs and Prayers.

Laura705 05-11-2012 10:27 AM

Morning all. TGIF!! :carrot: Decided to use real sugar in my tea this morning and two packets wasn't enough, and so I added some of the agave nectar I bought a couple weeks ago. Of course after that it was too sweet. :p Knowing I don't care for honey, I'm not sure why I thought I'd like the agave nectar. If the admin asst doesn't want it, I'll put it in the coffee room.

Ceejay – I’m sure if you keep working on getting that good cholesterol up, it’ll happen little by little. Well, I googled goiter and would have been fine just reading the explanation, but when I scrolled down there were photos. Didn’t need to see that. :yikes: So if the goiter is the enlarged thyroid gland, and then that’s removed, does that mean he has to take medication to do the job that the gland used to do? Huh. Glad your cousin is doing well.

Shad – Love the poem! :lol: We all feel that way, don’t we?

Annie – What the heck, any excuse for a party is a good one. :yes: Have fun. Big O Tires, LOL, I like that name. Hope they get the bobboly out of your tire. So nice you’ve supported a good cause, enjoy the flowers. :flow1: So are these cut flowers or the kind you plant?? :flow1: Enjoy getting your garden in. My “gardening” will consist of bringing two more pots of sad overwintered potted plants onto the patio. After using the same foundation for quite a while, I’ve been trying different ones. Right now I’m actually using a tinted moisturizer as my foundation and it’s pretty good (Aveeno). I use an spf 30 moisturizer (Eucerin) and then this tinted moisturizer also has an spf 30, so at least I’m getting some sun protection. :sunny:

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies, hope you’re having a good Friday/Saturday so far. :)
--
Hair appointment went fine last night. Afterwards, bf and I went to look at a sofa/futon sort of thing I caught on craigslist (been doing periodic searches for some patio furniture the past couple months). Anyway, don’t know how I came upon this, but it certainly seats more than the wicker loveseat we currently have in the 3-season room. (It can seat two, but not comfortably unless one of the two is a small child, lol.) This one has 3 seat cushions and 3 back cushions, surprisingly firm. The back part goes down so it can be slept on (guess that's the reason for the firm cushions). Nice print covers on the cushions, and there’s an extra set of covers too. We’ll pick it up this evening, if bf can get our neighbor to lend us his pickup truck and help. It’s only 5 min. away from the house, so hopefully he can do it. It’s times like this I miss our mini-van...

After that was Bed, Bath & Beyond for a new co2 canister for our Sodastream, and then dinner. We ended up getting burrito bowls from Chipotle and bringing them home. I ate the whole thing – too much, for sure. The only concession to health was that I chose the brown rice, haha. Oh, and I didn’t get guacamole on it…whoopee.

Today is doggy’s last shot of Adequan, and we have to pay the bill :yikes: and then submit the claim to doggy’s insurance. Fingers crossed :crossed: they will cover a good chunk of that, otherwise our consolation prize will be a $20 rebate from the drug company. Going forward, it’ll be about one shot per month. Doggy definitely seems to be getting up and down more easily, so that’s good.

Tomorrow evening is the auction/dinner for the lab rescue org, otherwise, nothing else planned this weekend. I'll probably spend some time getting the 3-season room in shape to accommodate our new seating.

I just learned our office will be closed on the 21st, which I believe is the last day of the NATO meeting here. We're expected to work remotely. Have to bring home the laptop every night next week and be prepared for potential office closure. (There are safety concerns because there will be protesters in the area.) Guess I'll get my backpack lightened up this weekend in preparation for hauling the laptop home next week.

That's about it for now. Happy Mother's Day in advance to everyone.

Cheers!
:cheers:

happy2bme 05-11-2012 10:27 AM

Good morning chicks,

Baby gender revealing party???? OMG I am getting so OLD. Gag me. :P I think in my day that used to be called BIRTH. Did you see the most recent cover of TIME magazine that has a woman dressed in workout gear with a kid (who is supposed to be 3 but looks more like 5) sucking on her boob and looking at the camera in sort of a creepy way? Cover story is supposed to be about extended breastfeeding but it really is a strange and almost disturbing picture. I think once the kid's got teeth, it's time to get off the nip. Kinda different if you live in a 3rd world country where food is not plentiful but in our country where everything is enhanced and fortified, I don't see the point. No wonder we have such self indulgent people today. The more I see of the world, the happier I am in my little place here in the woods.

Looks like the bear that we thought was long gone might still be in the area. GO AWAY BEAR!!! It was cool to see him once but we don't want him hanging around. We have not put any corn out in weeks and most of the wildlife has disappeared. The things on legs have been replaced with flying things. I was on the deck yesterday and this huge bumblebee - was longer than the tip of my finger to the second joint - tried to fly in my ear. I knocked it away but it fell on the deck. Was in the throws of dying, probably drunkenly flew at me in the first place. Mothzilla, Beezilla - I almost feel like I live in the land of large bugs like Shad :rofl:

Annie - I hope your Mother's Day weekend is not a bust this year. :( Is your son still in the service? Hope the weather holds up for you for getting your planting in. Sorry to hear about Curtis, I do hope that something comes through and they don't wind up closing things down. I just find it depressing that so many people are barely hanging on to their jobs.

Shad - sounds like the circus has finally shown up at your workplace. Liked the poem "I Love My Job". Several of us had it on our tackboards and were told to take it down because it "sent the wrong message". I hope you survive the chaos.

Ceejay - glad some of your numbers are improving. Keep up the good work - might take a while but what you are doing is helping. Yikes on the cousin't surgery but I heard those goiters can get huge.

Michelle - hope you got to bed early and put that cold to rest.

Mel - p.u. on the smelly paint. Reminds me of white laquered cabinets for some reason. Hope the smell is not wafting up to your place. That was good of the doc to ask about the reason for your weight loss. Unexplained loss is a precursor to so many bad things and easily overlooked I imagine. Glad he is thorough. Come out here - we have fresh air and sunshine. Just watch out for the giant bumblebees. :yikes:

Laura - I love Yoplait yogurts, only criticism I've heard about their Greek brands is that they tend to have alot of sugar in them - probably why they are so tasty. People were recommending Fage (I think that's how you spell it) and adding your own fruit / add-ins to make it a bit healthier. Just depends on what you are going for. I am really excited because our little 4 screen movie theater in town is getting Dark Shadows today. I'm thinking I will perhaps drag DH one weeknight to see it.

I got one room completely cleaned yesterday. Am trying to focus on one room at a time because I start something and make a big mess and then flit to something else. Today I'm working on the loft area. And maybe a quick run to the grocery store. Have a good Friday ladies.

happy2bme 05-11-2012 10:30 AM

Laura - just saw your post. I like the agave nectar on fresh fruit salad - particularly if some of the fruit like strawberries or cantaloupe looks nice but is not as sweet as it should be. I have not used it in baking, and wasn't that crazy about adding it to teas and such.

Speaking of tea, I opened a tin I was given in my going away basket. Green tea with coconut, ginger and vanilla. YUM!

happy2bme 05-11-2012 10:34 AM

What's with the NATO meeting? Shades of 1968 Democratic convention in Grant Park???? (Protestors vs Mayor Daley (the dad who didn't fool around with no dang hippies) and the riot police. :yikes:

Laura705 05-11-2012 10:43 AM

Happy - Yeh, that time mag cover is creepy - I'm bad at guessing ages of everyone, but that kid doesn't look 3 yo!! But if he's been breastfed that long, maybe it's making him grow a lot, haha.

Are you sure you aren't in Alaska - a bear, giant flying things...can't wait to see how your garden does. You might get giant produce too, just like in Alaska, LOL.

Most of the flavored yogurts seem too sweet to me - maybe Fage or plain is the way to go.

Hope you get a lot accomplished today (no flitting!!) so you can go see Dark Shadows this weekend!! I'm curious to see how it does and what the reviews are saying.

Laura705 05-11-2012 10:51 AM

Re NATO - there will be street closures, museum campus closures, extra police, removal of certain garbage receptacles that could be used to place explosives...All kinds of precautionary measures so we don't have anything like the 1968 riots... They are trying to approve where protests and marches can occur - naturally they want them away from anywhere they can be seen or cause problems. Glad the G8 was moved to Camp David, it would have been even more nuts around here.

annie175 05-11-2012 01:06 PM

Just ran over to McAlisters and got the below salad. Goodness was it ever delish!!

Savannah Chopped Salad

Crisped Greens, Dried Cranberries, Honey Roasted Almonds, Gorgonzola Cheese, Fresh Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Grilled Chicken with sherry shallot vinegarette dressing.

HAPPY...the flower from Joy's House are plantable type. Come in a tray. Also got a hanging basket of petunias. Used to get my momma one every year. I am giving this one to dad. Speaking of dad...the other night at dinner he placed his order with me. He wants me to make him some homemade bread and BBQ wings. And in a couple of weeks he would like a pineapple upside down cake. He must think I am a restaurant. lol. I agree with you on the breast feeding...once they have teeth...knock it off.

LAURA...what type of beverages do you make in the soda stream? I hear them talking about it on the Bob & Tom show every now and then. Of course Tom uses it for the fizzy water only. No soda...

That is about it for now. Back to work...blah.

Love and hugs