3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   May - Madness or mellowness (Meliness) for the Worldly chicks. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/258089-may-madness-mellowness-meliness-worldly-chicks.html)

MELODY525 05-02-2012 08:35 AM

**** WHEN I WENT TO POST THIS...3FC TOSSED ME OUT AND MADE ME LOG IN ?!?! THEN IT SAID I HAD THE WRONG PASSWORD. SO I CLOSED IE AND REOPENED IT! THIS SITE IS WONKY!!:dizzy:

I JUST READ THE LINK ABOUT THAT POOR PENGUIN.
I HEARD IT ON THE NEWS HERE BUT NOT THE PART ABOUT THEM RELEASING POOR DIRK INTO THE OCEAN. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY SHOULD BE MADE TO CLEAN TANKS AND PENGUIN POOP FOR THE NEXT YEASR!!!
POOR LITTLE THING OUT THERE SHIVERING.
TOSS THE BLOODY KIDS INTO THE SHARK TANK....I AGREE WITH MY SISTA CHICKS!!

diyana 05-02-2012 09:03 AM

Good morning ladies -

DMIL arrives today...and while I wasn't able to get the house quite as tidy as I would've liked to...I'm sure she'll be okay with it. She's so excited to be moving in with us...she's like a little kid. Even though she won't have all her stuff until John goes out there in late summer/early fall to get it, she'll at least be living in a much less stressful environment. :)

Work is going...our company is upgrading to Windows 7 and Office 2010, and the project I'm currently assigned to is to determine which of our legacy applications (of which there are hundreds) will work on the new upgrade and which need modifications. It's definitely a challenge to try and troubleshoot all the applications I'm not familiar with, and unfortunately I'm not resolving the issues quite as fast as my two counterparts on the team...which I'm sure is being noticed by my director.

The two meetings with my mentors went well. I gleaned a bit of info from them...and I'm sure I'll have more questions in the coming days/weeks.

Shad - So exciting that you're just a few months away from being a grandmother!! You brought up good points about my mentors. My "business acumen" mentor was one picked by my director. The technical mentor was a gentleman picked by me, and at first, the director said he doesn't normally condone male-female mentoring (What?? Are we not adults here??), but he eventually gave in. I have found several of the policies online...but some of the expectations I'm apparently not meeting are vague. "Leadership" because the word "Senior" is in my job title; but I'm not a team or project lead. "Subject Matter Expert"...I was in terms of reporting but that doesn't account for anything...and since my actual Java programming skills are rusty, and I haven't been on a broad number of development projects, I'm not a subject matter expert in my new area...and am therefore, "underperforming". DH thinks they've trumped up these criticisms, and he's probably right. I'm going to do my darndest to exceed every expectation on my "plan" which I still haven't seen yet, but I'm not in a rush because the 30-60-90 day clock doesn't start until I get the plan. As for the idiots who took Dirk...I agree with Happy...release the b*stards into shark infested waters.

Annie - Sending hugs for you. You'll always miss your mom, and occasionally shed a tear. I still miss my mom and dad a lot, and it's been nearly 9 years. Right now, I wish I could talk to my dad about my career stuff. Is June 20th the earliest you could get in for your procedure? Oh, and btw....you are NOT a fat pig, my dear sista. You're more active than most people I know...you're just a great cook!!

Happy - Sorry to hear that mom is still in the hospital, but with her irregular heart rate, that's the best place for her. I hope your benefits switch goes well. We got our thunderstorms at 4 am. KA-BOOM!! As for the treadmill, can you go on the manufacturer's website (or call them) to get the sequence code?

Laura - I'm going to be making a trip to the thrift store this week. Our friend who lives in Chicago is a member of the Moose Lodge (and actually so am I, though I attend more events at her Lodge than the one where we live). Anyway, her Lodge is having a Kentucky Derby Day on Saturday to watch the race on TV, wear funny/impressive hats, drink Mint Juleps, etc., and it's followed by a steak dinner. DMIL is going with me, and DH will go too if he feels up for it. I remember that May Pole scene in the opening of the Odd Couple! Too Funny! I haven't thought about that show in years. So nice that you treated yourself to a massage. So nice of the person to help you out on the train fare. :)

Ceejay - I've found that a humidifier makes the breathing better when I have bronchitis. Also, putting metholatum or vicks vapor rub on the chest helps too. I'm glad to hear it helps you too, and that you're starting to feel better. Don't overdo it though...breathing issues are nothing to mess around with.

Mellie - I hope you're having a relaxing day after the hellish weekend. Don't let the tenants get to you.

Gotta go for now...project meeting to prep for.

Much love,

ceejay52 05-02-2012 09:56 AM

Nothing new in my corner of thw world.

Every one have a good day.

happy2bme 05-02-2012 12:46 PM

Hi ladies,

Ever since I decided to try and clean the zip top from our sleep number mattress - outside in the sunshine and air where it can dry nicely - that must have been what the universe was waiting for to unleash the rain. It's supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny now but it's totally overcast and while dry, everything is damp from last night's rain.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and while I started out only to get a few things, everything looked fresh and delicious and I bought a TON of food. Actually I never shopped the interior of the store - just the produce section, the meat and dairy sections. :lol: Our eating kind of fell into a routine that I just wasn't happy with so it's back to my tried and true way of eating of grilled or lean meats, fresh vegetables and fruits. Oh and an applesauce donut for brekkie because you have to have a treat once in a while :lol: I wanted to make PF Chang's lettuce wraps for lunch one day and it's best to use ground chicken for that. My store had it on sale and the rack was as empty as Mother Hubbard's cupboard. :mad: So I went over to the co-op store who had it on sale too but just a bit more than the other store. They only had one package in the cooler but the nice butcher went into the back and got me 2 more packs. They are changing the store around a bit and are clearing the shelves to bring in a new line of food. All through the store are displays of clearance items at some really good prices. I walked out with a cart full of stuff and only went in there for 2 things. :yikes: My freezer is filled to the gills and I have a huge menu to plan out. I should not have to go to the store for at least 2 weeks save some immediate perishables.

Michelle - welcome home DMIL :hug: :yay: I'm not sure you can ever get the house the way you want it - and if you do, it's a challenge to keep it that way. She's back and that's all that matters. I feel for you on your new project - that brought a bit of the crunching of the chest fear for me - troubleshooting stuff I have no idea about. AND... sometimes you bring up something that is serious for the end user but the tech team doesn't want to deal with it because it would slow the rollout :dizzy: Do the best you can, don't let it stress you out. I'm sure there are lots of people who appreciate your thoroughness.

Mel - I hate when the site starts getting all wonky with the login. That means it might burp big time in a bit. Hope not. I thought I was the one who caught that. I guess someone is going to have to have a talk with the new tenant and explain that this is not an extended care facility and if she needs an assistant or caretaker she'd better hire one. Or Mel you could pull one of my Momma's favorites and point to your chair when she starts complaining and say "I learned how to take care of myself, you can too" and take off. No one needs a dingleball in their life. :lol: Sorry to hear that your arm is still bothering you. Better get that rested up - you need a good shooting arm up this way. ;)

Shad - I'm still thinking about poor Dirk. Idiots. My Mom is 85 and still going strong. I hope they can get her stabilized as I really am looking forward to her visit in 3 weeks. :crossed: Do I remember correctly - is the baby in another state where you will have to do some travelling to be there? And someone is going to have to teach the new mom how to interpret baby needs. I'm sure you will love being a grandma once you see the baby.

Hello Annie, Ceejay and Laura :wave:

Sun keeps peeking in and out - not sure what it's going to do and you certainly can't believe the weather forecast. See yah later chicks.

Laura705 05-02-2012 03:36 PM

Hello all. Couple long meetings dominated my morning.

Happy - Always nice to catch some good deals at the market. Sure hope your mom is feeling good and able to visit you in 3 weeks! :crossed: It was just until very recently (last 3-4 months?) with the "Be fair, pay the fare" campaign that Metra used to let riders use their previous month's train tickets until noon on the first day of the new month. Not any more. Yes, I need to consider buying multiples on something I really like... Hope you're able to get the treadmill code from the manufacturer without too much hassle.

Michelle - What a challenge you've got now at work - sounds so different than the reports team! Welcome back to your DMIL! So your visit to the thrift store is to find hats for the Derby party? That sounds fun - both the shopping and the party!

Mel - Crapola - LOL. My dad liked that word and used it a lot, so it always reminds me of him. :D Sorry the new tenant is being so needy. I hope she gets her own help, otherwise she needs a facility that is set up to provide it, cuz you are NOT her caregiver. You're too busy being your own caregiver!! :yes: Both you and Happy mentioned heating up my own stones for massage purposes, but that just sounds too risky for me, LOL!! Best left to the professionals, I say!!

Annie - Hope you were able to give blood today. Feels like a waste of everyone's time when the iron levels come back too low.

Shad - Oh, poor Dirk! Those guys were old enough to know better. Judge was way too lenient!

Ceejay - I just helped someone learn to do their monthly reports - we had a consultant who used to do them, and our department (i.e., me) had to take them over when she took ill and then passed away. I took him through several, and hopefully the rest go smoothly on his own. :crossed: And now I've got to submit my input for our department's monthly report.

Hellos to Mary and Patty!!
===
Nothing much to report. In addition to forgetting my train ticket yesterday, I also forgot my umbrella and had to walk through the light rain to get to the train station. Once there, I bought a 10-ride train ticket to get me home. The ticket is good for a year, so the other 9 rides can be used by bf for any outings we might have going downtown or elsewhere, or the next time I forget my monthly ticket on the first of the month! If we don't use it all up within a month or so before its expiration, I give it to a friend of bf who doesn't have a lot of money but uses public transportation all the time. I also have some money on a CTA transit card (bus and subway) that I need to use up or give to bf's friend.

Watched the first couple shows of Doc Martin, but that was about it for last night. Tonight I really should do a workout, and I need to go through the mail. I've been keeping up with it pretty well lately, but not the past couple weeks!

Back to work. At least I'm past the hump now!

Shad 05-02-2012 07:09 PM

Morning all,
Grey and gloomy and raining here too although it is supposed to clear later. Personally, I think that the weather gurus forecast by sticking an arm out of the window, middle finger extended. If the finger comes in:
Dry, it's fine.
Wet, it is raining.
Bent, it is windy.
White, its snowing.
And we send them to college for 4 years to learn this cr*p

I've got a informal class this morning so I will have to go and get emotionally prepared for that shortly. I'm giving the guys here an overview into SAP and showing them where all their hard work has been put to use and how they will deal with it. Should be fun. I've even brought them some dips n chips so they won't rush off at lunch time.

Mel - should that woman actually be in your building. Sounds to me like she should have more care than can be given there. And you are NOT the carer either and you need to ignore the crap.
By the way, how do you schedule emergencies???
Unfortunately we can't schedule the idiots to penguin poop parade for the next year since they are Welsh and out here on holiday. I think the Brits might declare war if we forcibly detained two of their citizens and besides which we might have to foot the bill for their board and keep. Dirk continues to improve. They thought they might loose him at one stage because he was so traumatised, but his girlfriend (Peaches) helped him through. AAAAAhhhhhh all together now - how sweeeeeeeeeet!

Michelle - how typical to bung you into an area where you haven't been for years or not at all and expect you to perform. I hope there is a set of guidelines and pre requisites to be able to know what to look for. I wasn't aware this was done manually. I thought they just ran a compatibility check over everything, but then IT is not always my strong point. I just expect it to work and usually it doesn't but hey, that's the purpose in having DS1 and Robbie around.
Welcome home to DMIL.

Happy - yes the baby will be born in Adelaide in South Australia. And no I will not be going to teach - interpret baby needs 101. I wouldn't be thanked for it and she has her own mother down there to do it for her. I will be the globetrotting granny who will find interesting things from afar and tell stories to my grandchild.
Good shopping

Ceejay - no news is often good news

Laura - sounds like you are becoming the go to person in the office to learn new things and run projects.
Hope Doc Martin lived up to expectations. He is so rude. And he has a problem with the sight of blood. What a man.

So I had better go get on with my day. Organise this training session and round up the victims. Catch you later.

MELODY525 05-03-2012 07:43 AM

Good Morning Chicks.
Short post.
Too much pain for shopping today and typing.
Maybe post on the weekend.
Dr gave me pain meds over the phone.
Lots of ice & he says bedrest?
I didn't question....just give me the drugs. :rofl:
Maybe because I cannot use either arm lying down.

Shad...can we postpone again??
I am sorry to be such a PITA.

Laura705 05-03-2012 10:26 AM

Morning all.

Shad - Hope the informal class went well. This morning during my commute I was listening to a podcast of a radio show from this past weekend. There's a segment called "Drunks in the News" and wouldn't you know it, one of the featured stories was that of poor Dirk being abducted by the idiots from Wales... I'm happy to hear Dirk is making a recovery with the help of his gf. Awwwww. :)

Mel - Hope the drugs help and you are relaxing pain free now. :hug:

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!!
---
Bf pulled my commuter bike out of the shed yesterday. He's finally decided that he needs to replace the cables (brake and shift), so we went to the bike shop before getting dinner last night and he bought the cables and a spoke wrench. He'd previously been intent on just finding another bike for me because this one is rather old and the cables were old and stretched out and the braking and shifting weren't like they should be. I wasn't thrilled with looking for yet another bike just for my 3 minute rides morning and evening (other than just buying a new $99 Walmart bike, while bf would have wanted to search for a great deal on a high quality used bike), but I did want the bike to work better than it currently does. Anyway, hopefully the $18 outlay and bf's considerable bike experience will result in a satisfactory ride for me. (Bf was really into cycling as a teen and he regularly tore down and rebuilt bikes with a buddy of his.)

Being in the bike shop made me want to go out for a bike ride! This is the year that I will finally get a new helmet. My old one looks great on the outside, but the inside part in which the straps are held in is all decrepit. Unfortunately, this helmet is so old that a replacement for the strapping system is not available. Happy, you will be amused to know that when bf & I were browsing the helmets bf said that when we buy the helmet, we'll also buy multiple replacement strapping systems for it, LOL.

Dinner was on the patio at a local eatery. I had a chicken avocado wrap and bf had a black and bleu burger. It was nice being outdoors, especially since the inside seating area felt really stuffy.

Since buying our Thundershirt for doggy, we had given him a treat using the shirt as a plate of sorts to create a pleasant association, but we hadn't actually had doggy wear the shirt yet. So yesterday, with storms in the forecast, we put the shirt on him with the help of some treats. He didn't fuss with it and wore it for a couple hours. The storms didn't happen, but at least he's had the experience of wearing the shirt. This evening more storms are expected, so it might be good to get the shirt on him again, at least to get us better at putting it on him, LOL.

No exercise last night, so I better do something tonight!!

That's about it. I'll post this and see if anyone snuck in on me. TTFN!

ceejay52 05-03-2012 10:54 AM

Mel
Feel better soon.

Laura
I skipped exercise last night too, but will today.

----

The bronchitis is a lot better today. I feel fluid in my ears and throat so Maybe I can kick this out to the road this week end.
Need to call my aunt and uncle to see how they are doing and tell them I will not be there this week end.
I slept till 9 a.m. this morning.

happy2bme 05-03-2012 11:42 AM

Good morning ladies,

Laura your talk about a bike reminded me of my favorite bike.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...SmallerPic.jpg

We were poor growing up and one of my uncles was a city cop. They would have a yearly auction of stuff they confiscated in raids and such or unclaimed stolen goods. God bless this man who showed up one day with the most awesome, stylish purple Spyder bike with a banana seat and sissy bar :love: Also I was a short kid so the (I guess) 18 inch frame was idea for my little legs. I drove this bike all over the city. No place was too far for me and my cool bike. They still have them occasionally one Ebay for upwards of $500. :yikes: I'd probably still like it better than the one I have now. :lol:

I hope you find something that works as a commuter bike. For a short ride like you have, I'd probably go with something cheap that does the job - kind of like a "beater" car for commuting :lol: That's good that Coal is taking to the thundershirt. Hope it works - now's the time for the spring showers.

Ceejay - glad to hear you are feeling better but probably wise to stick around the house this weekend.

Mel - sorry to hear your arms are giving you the big push back :( but sounds like your body is taking over telling you the best thing for it if your head does not want to listen. Best to sit quietly and be a nice girl now ;) Feel better :hug:

Shad - how did your informal class go? Sounds like a wonderful approach to people who might not be totally on board with what's happening and how it may very well help them in the long run. Will be interested in hearing the details.

Hello to Michelle, Annie, Patty and Java :wave:

Mom came home from the hospital yesterday. My sister is at wits end. My Mom insists on finding a cardiologist in the city (not like she is capable of standing around and waiting for 2 or 3 buses to get to her appointments). My sister says she has no fight left in her (sister) so I need to take over nudging Mom who can be VERY VERY stubborn - so much moreso as she ages. That woman won't listen or concede to anything without a long and frustrating fight. I did get the mattress cover cleaned and outside for a while but not long enough for it to dry. Good thing I brought it in last night as we had fierce storms that woke DH up at 4am. Even the ducks were back in the yard this morning wading through puddles. I'm hoping the skies will clear up shortly as I have more bedding I want to air out. I'm doing stuff in the house but doesn't seem like I'm making any real headway. :dunno:

Anyway - I'm going to try and call Mom and reason with her. Wish me luck!

Laura705 05-03-2012 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ceejay - So this is your weekend now? Enjoy. :) Good idea to just stay put and recuperate.

Happy - Like that bike! Love the gear shifter! And the banana seat and sissy bar :D My current commuter bike is definitely a beater, but I like it anyway. My previous commuter bike was a single speed Schwinn Breeze, which I liked except that I finally decided I wanted a bike with gears to make riding against the wind and up inclines easier! The current one is a Schwinn World Tourist in a copper color, and not only the frame is painted that color, but the fenders as well. It looks like the photo I attached. I like that it's a ladies bike (easy on/off in my work clothes), has upright handlebars, and that it's a 10-speed. I'm perfectly happy to have bf monkey around with it and get it running better. For some reason he'd been hesitant to put any money or time into these old bikes, but to be honest, if the bike is running well, I wouldn't have any reason to not keep riding it forever - and not just to the train, but to the library, the hair salon, farmers' market, etc. I definitely don't need a new bike, and I don't need one that I'm going to worry about having stolen.

Enough about my bike (for now). Glad your mother is home now. I don't envy you the struggle you will have with getting her to allow you and your sister give her a hand with more and more. Good luck with that. So is it too soon to tell if she'll be able to make the visit in a couple weeks?

annie175 05-04-2012 08:56 AM

TGIF

I am so ready for this week to come to a close. It has been so stinkin' busy at work this week, all the while painting at home. I have jumped in there and helping with the painting. I do not particularly like it, but it needs to get done.

Last night I made meatloaf burgers and augratin potatos on the grill. Fresh cut up strawberries for dessert. It was all yummy and even sent some with Curtis for his lunch today. He eats crap when I don't send him some lunch then come evening he feels like poo and the toitie is his best friend. Silly man you know what causes it quit doing it....yeah yeah yeah...I know what makes me fat quit eating it. blah

Just getting my first cup of Joe this morning, rather a late start on the caffeine. Didn't get to give blood on Wednesday. Iron level has to be 12.5 and mine was 12.4...really, like dang it anyway. I was so dissappointed. I will pump up my iron even more. Already taking one pill a day, may have to make it two when it gets closer to donating. Also gave me a list of food to avoid as they are iron sucker outters....

One of my BFFs is coming over tonight for a glass of wine and chat. Then we are going over to sissy's so she can see lil man. She hasn't seen him since he was in the hospital. I am excited to get together with Leanne whom I call Rosie as her maiden name is Rose. Too cute.

LAURA...that is the type of bike that I want. Big tires and then a tractor seat so my rump doesn't get sore riding it. It would be more fun if I had somewhere close to ride it and someone to ride with....Curtis would ride with but his time is limited.

CEEG....glad to hear you are feeling better. I hate having coughing issues as it tends to keep me up at night. blah Have a great time off of work. Hugs.

HAPPY.....I like the bike...I had a yellow one very similar. Only a "girl" bar type with the banana seat with the multi-colored flowers on it a basket on front with the same flowers. And the Bell oh the bell! LOL

MELLIE...hope you are also feeling better. Better living through chemicals. YEAH!! Take it easy and stay the H away from that D*MN office. You are forcing me to come and whoop up on you.

SHADDIE...round up the victims...oh yeah...that is what I used to say when I went into work at CVS...who are the victims I am working with tonight. lol. too funny! I have always said we could all be weather girls...your diciphering method is just about accurate.

CHELLE...keep doing your best. That is all you can do....too bad for them if they cannot see it. Be careful what you reveal to your coaches as I am sure they report back to the bosses. Hugs sweet sister....

Rainy and 80s today....I can handle the rain when it is warm out. More painting this weekend. That is about it.

Have a marvelous day/night...Love Hugs and prayers...

ceejay52 05-04-2012 10:56 AM

Annie
You are still busy as a bee. We could use some rain. It's really dry here.

Michelle
I'm sure that dmil will be glad to have her own little space. How are the dogs doing?

Happy
Sometimes mom's still want their independence. Mine did. You may have to use reverse psychology on her. It worked every time with my mom.

Laura
Looks like you are getting ready to start the bike rides to and from the train again.
-----

I really need to be cleaning the apartment but I don't have the want to.
Talked to my aunt and uncle last night. They are expecting me this week end but I'm still uncertain as to whether I'll go. I'm feeling better. Two of my cousins are sick and both have been diagnosed with hyperthyroid problems. One of my cousins is also having an ekg and some other heart related test ran. So glad that mine turned out to be hypo.

Laura705 05-04-2012 11:43 AM

Morning all. TGIF!!

Annie - Busy is good! Ugh, painting. Once I resign myself to it, then I'm okay. I very much prefer to paint on my own, and I actually kind of like it if I'm by myself with just the radio on. Dinner sounded good - just curious how you do au gratin potatoes on the grill, LOL. So good of you to send C to work with a good lunch. I need to bring lunches for myself because I also end up eating crap and paying too much for the privilege. What a waste. Sorry your iron level was not up to snuff. Enjoy your evening with Rosie and your visit with lil guy. :bb: :)

Yeh, I much prefer the upright style of bicycle with a comfortable seat and bigger tires for a softer ride. The only advantage of the "racing" bikes is that they're very lightweight, but the drop handlebars and skinny tires are not comfortable at all! We have a good number of bike trails in our general area, but all but one are too far away to cycle too! The ride to the trail is enough of a ride itself, lol. Anyway...we have a car rack which will be a hassle until I become more familiar and adept at using it.

Ceejay - We've had a good amount of rain this week, but it's mostly been in the evening, so that's been good. It's also been good to get the newly seeded areas growing from where the trees and shrubs have been removed. Hope you're feeling well enough to go to the uncles - just don't get worn down and have a relapse!

Hellos to the rest of you! :wave:
===
Had the Thundershirt on doggy last night since were were getting some storms, and he was fine for hours (we really didn't get much thunder early on), according to bf, but later when doggy needed to go out, bf took off the shirt and not long after, the storms returned and that together with the warning noises that blare so loudly on the tv freaked out doggy and so bf had to deal with the usual anxiety. :( Have to figure out if we can just fold the shirt up a bit when doggy goes outdoors to do his thing....

I did one BE workout last night along with some ab crunches on the ball afterwards and that was it. Feeling heavy and sluggish lately and that's due to eating too much and not getting enough exercise. Need to do more. Trying to guzzle more water during the day.

That said, I'll get this posted and make a visit to the loo.

Everyone have a good weekend!!

happy2bme 05-04-2012 12:09 PM

Hi chicks,

Was cool and gray when I got up but the sun is trying to poke through the clouds. Today I'm focusing on the upstairs part of the house. 2 more weeks until my family comes. I'm getting excited! My sister said her hubby is counting the minutes. He is sooooo looking forward to this vacation. He's been getting his fishing stuff together for the last 3 weeks, buying some new stuff. Reminds me of when we went to the beach at Gulf Shores and I said that I'm taking a blanket and plopping myself in the sand facing the water for an entire week. Just throw me an occasional sandwich and bottle of water :lol: I think that's how my BIL is feeling although you'll find him at the end of the dock, fishing line in water, Ipod plugged in just enjoying the peace and quiet.

Annie - considering guys approach to the path of least resistance and fuss "ie. it's too much trouble to eat healthy - I'd rather eat crap food on the run and be sick :rolleyes: " it's a wonder they live to their 80's. Glad you are looking out for Curtis. Have a great night with your friend - sounds like you could use some kicking back. DH said he would be painting in the winter - I said you need to paint in the fall so we can open some windows and air the place out - he said - that would be a good time for you to go and visit Momma :lol: That's a really good point you made to Michelle about being guarded around her coaches - I didn't think of that but it's probably very true. Shame we have to always consider the hidden agenda of people.

My Mom says in no uncertain terms is she staying home when my sister comes up to visit. She said we have doctors here and she's coming up no matter what. So there. :lol3:

Ceejay - I know what you mean about not really wanting to travel sometimes to go out on the weekend. Sometimes the urge to just hang around the house is strong. We'll see if sense of duty or instincts gets the better of you.

Laura - that looks like a nice sturdy bike that gets the job done. Just what you need.

Mel - hope you are resting and getting some strength back in those arms.

Michelle - take a little R&R this weekend - go have a margarita tomorrow with DMIL for Cinco De Mayo :hat:

Shad - how's the weekend looking so far? How did that informal class go?

Guess I'd better get off of here and go get busy. I noticed that DH made his bed but not mine. What a relief, guess I only have to do my laundry and for dinner I will add lots of mushrooms and asparagus because he'll be making his own dinner. Men - :rolleyes: they make-a me a crazee :dizzy:

Have a good weekend everyone.