3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   May - Madness or mellowness (Meliness) for the Worldly chicks. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/258089-may-madness-mellowness-meliness-worldly-chicks.html)

annie175 05-11-2012 01:15 PM

And now the rest of the story....abour the mayan calendar...good to know..lol

http://news.yahoo.com/nevermind-apoc...180438279.html

ceejay52 05-11-2012 01:31 PM

Laura
I'd forgotten about the NATO meeting in your area. The higher up's are expecting something to happen during that time. Stay safe. I'm sure that he'll have to take thyroid med's. My thyroid is dead--I have to take the med's to replace the hormone. Thyroid disease is something that runs in our family.

Happy
Have you seen the bear again? The only thing I like about a bumble bee or any other type of little creatures is a dead one. I'm with you on the cleaning one room at a time. I get to side tracked.

Mel
How are you today? Any more stress?

Shad
I liked the Dr Suess poem.

Annie
Ugh on the wobbly tire. Sending good vibes that things will work out on Mother's day.

I really don't want to clean house but I have my office and my bedroom that looks like a tornado has struck.

Laura705 05-11-2012 01:57 PM

Annie - Another tasty salad for you!

Nice you're carrying on the flower tradition. :)

We don't make soda with our Sodastream either, but bf adds grape juice to the fizzy water. We also have some lemon-lime and orange "essence" (flavorings w/o sugar). I like adding fresh lemon juice or cranberry juice to mine. And every once in a while I'll use the seltzer water to make a white wine spritzer. And I think we've also added a bit of cherry syrup and fresh lime juice.

Before the sodastream, we were buying cans of seltzer water, so this saves us lugging it home. We still buy some soda, but I'm neither of us are daily soda drinkers. I like that a lot of casual eating places that have the DIY soda fountain (fill your own cup) will give you a cup so you can just get water from it. Other places, I'll get brewed iced tea. Some places I'll just get soda because I'm too cheap to buy a bottle of water. The movie theater is especially fond of selling overpriced water, but I usually smuggle a bottle from home.

annie175 05-11-2012 02:38 PM

Laura...I take my biggest bag and smuggle my water and anyone else that goes with to the movies. I am usually bogged down with "to go" crap. Also get those movie boxes of goodies for a dollar at any drugstore that you pay 4 or 5 bucks for at the movie. Once I even popped some microwave popcorn and took it with me. But girl...there is nothing like movie popcorn. So I don't do that anymore. lol

CEEG...maybe a tornado did strike your rooms. Southern Indiana had two earthquakes last evening. Not very strong ones. One was like 3.7 the other 4.2, I think. No damage or anything. Down around Evansville, Indiana. Blame your rooms on that. lol

Oh at lunch I also went to Kohls and bought the momma to be three pairs of fun flip flops and a candle. Not supposed to really take a gift, but thought she might need a little pick me up and flip flops are so much more easier than shoes when you are preggers.

Think I am scooting out around 3 today to do some errands. Pluse I just plainly do not want to be in here on such a gorgeous day...77, sunny and beautiful!!

Later gaters.

Shad 05-11-2012 05:59 PM

Morning all,
The reason for yesterdays poem came from a couple of sources on Wednesday and Thursday and I found myself having to be somewhat rude to people mainly because no one else was prepared to take it on.

First I am expected to take on some extra training classes this roll out - not that that worries me but I went into the 'online help' to get out the documents I thought I would need for the courses and found that most of them were either incomplete or complete garbage. This came about mainly because one person who has now left the project and who comes across as knowing SAP very well training wise and who should have known better, created the documents the way she 'thought' they should be! And because they were not proof read properly by anyone else - the message was very clear that they don't need proofing, I am 100% accurate - they were allowed to pass. Must be something wrong with me. I try to get at least 4 people to test and try out my doco before I allow it to be published. So anyway, here I am having to correct the majority of them to make them okay for training.

Then someone set up a voice conference about why certain things happen on a mobile device and why certain things happen with SAP and why certain people are complaining about procedures. So because the question came to me, and because part of it involved plant maintenance I make some enquiries. I get bellowed at by project personnel and company personnel and made aware of the procedures by others. I've angered some and amused others. I have permission to tell the 'whingers' to 'suck it up'. It is what it is. So I do. So yesterday was busy being the middle man - or woman actually - between project implementers who design the company decisions, SAP configurers who implement the decisions, management who make the decisions, and users who get their heads and fingers around the decisions. Don't tell me I don't know about conflict management. And I am probably the lowliest paid on the project! Not that I am complaining about my penury - I probably make more in one day that the average worker does a week. Now you know why SAP implementations are so expensive. And the humourous side of the whole shemozzle is that the problem doesn't actually belong to SAP, the problem lies with the mobile devices used by people who have the authority to authorise expenditure. These 'boys toys' as I call them are iPhones or Blackberries which are designed to keep the management 'in touch' over a 24 hour period. As if anyone can actually buy something at 3.am in the morning on a minesite which can be 300km from the nearest town much less the nearest outlet for the widget or whatever is deemed necessary.
Anyway, I rant and I shouldn't. Because that is work and this is Saturday and a glorious looking day out there and I should be out in it after breakfast.

Annie - baby gender revealing party??? :faint: Whatever will they think of next. I am presuming that the pregnant lady is about 3 months along since that is what seems to happen these days. I realise that it is probably all in fun, seems somewhat clinical to me and maybe I am getting old, but it makes me think that someday if not now, we are heading down the track of designer babies. Don't like the family nose, lets get some extra genetics in and breed it out, just like we do dogs.
But I digress. Enjoy the party.

Laura - I also use a tinted moisturer - I've got a Mary Kay one that I bought from a friend on my last trip to the States. She was a dealer or whatever they called them. I haven't heard of Mary Kay over here for a long time so I bought a tinted moisturiser from the body shop, but find it too yellow for my skin. Yes it has an SPF as well - both of them do. I don't wear much makeup and it is generally just a lip gloss and the moisturiser. I do have eyeshadows. DS2 bought me a huge paintbox of them from Avon one year. All sorts of colours in there - now mostly out of fashion but I still use it once in a while.
What a wonderful world we live in when we can't go about our daily business because of summits, meetings and the associated rioters. Mind you with the G*(how ever many we are up to now) I have the feeling that they are just a travel bonus for the traders involved. Why do they have to have so many meetings and always somewhere different and always cost a fortune. Guess who pays for those excesses. Will someone tell me what they have actually achieved so far??

Happy - must be getting close for the folks visit now. Is Mum coming or do we have to go and drag her out of the house to visit you?
Every time you mention the bear I start thinking about the song 'Teddy Bears Picnic'. Don't go down in the woods today, you are sure of a big surprise.

Mel - Next Saturday (my time) is fine by me. Don't know if I will be able to work from home during the week, but will suss it out. My travel itinerary came out yesterday, it has nothing that I asked for in it. I mean for example why should I have to drive a big large size car with all the bells and whistles and which costs up to $100 to fill the tank completely when there is only me to drive it? Give me a mid size, nippy, easy to park car which is half the cost to hire anyway. Does anyone think these days. Don't answer that.

Ceejay - goitres are very old things. I didn't realise they were around anymore. Usually caused by a lack of iodine in the body and once salt was infused with iodine, then goitres virtually disappeared. I guess that now because salt is such a :nono: the absence of the mineral in the body is re-introducing the goitre to the world. Just goes to show, that moderation in all things leads to good health and disease free living. Well most of the time.

Michelle - so you have worked out that they want you gone! I'm really sorry for you. I am hoping you get some positive feedback from the other place and soon too. It can't be doing the household any good at all to have this stress hanging over it.

Well I think I have written a novel. It's time I went and got out in the yard and the house and blitzed the place. If you feel the breeze over there then it is me whirling from job to job. Tomorrow is Mothers Day and I would like to have nothing much to do but sit in the sun and read a book. DS2 is cooking breakfast. Told me to invite who ever I wanted, but didn't give me much notice. Typical.
Winter has set in here. Typical pattern of cool mornings, beautiful warm days in the high 70Fs, clear skies and little wind. I love winter here. Bugs have almost disappeared and the grass has almost stopped growing. Life is good. Time to plant veges and roses and other things. Gotta go.

MELODY525 05-12-2012 07:29 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...mz51o1_250.gif

MORNING CHICKS AND HAPPY WEEKEND

I WOKE UP A BIT LATE SO I'LL POST AND READ AFTER THE SHOWER.
NOT SURE WHAT TIME EVERYONE IS ARRIVING.

ALL THESE NEW AUTO-CLOSE DOOR HINGES ARE KILLING MY ARMS:cry:
TOLD THE OFFICE WHEN THEY WANT ME IN THERE THEY BETTER USE A DOOR CHOCK TO HOLD IT OPEN....... OTHERWISE COLOR ME GONE:scooter:

I WAS ALREAD APPROACHED ABOUT JUNE'S ELECTION.
WAITING FOR THE DR TO MAKE UP HIS MIND.
YOU HAVE TO VOTE YOUR PARTY IN A PRIMARY ANYWAY SO THEY REALLY DON'T NEED ME.
I THINK I'LL PASS AND DO THE ONE IN NOVEMBER.

I GOT ON THE SCALE AND IT'S STAYING IN THE MID 180'S.
WONDER IF THAT'S MY NEW MAGIC NUMBER. :rofl:
NOTHING MUCHis NEW OTHER THAN FOOD SHOPPING WITH JEN.
WE HAD A GOOD TIME LAUGHING AND CHATTING.
I TOOK A 1/4 of my pain MY MED & REDUCED THE ANXIETY.
GOING TO TALK TO THE DR ABOUT A FEW TRANQS TO GET ME OVER THE HURDLE.
I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS FEELING AND FUNCTION RIGHT.

BTW OUR CANCER PATIENT PASSED AWAY THURSDAY.
NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN THE BUILDING LOVED HER:lol3: :lol3:
I AM TRYING NOT TO USE THE WORD HYPOCRATE EVERY EFFING5 MINUTES!!!:rofl:

OK I BETTER GET GOING AND TAKE A FAST SHOWER.
AT LEAST I'LL BE DRESSED WHEN THEY COME!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE:encore:

MELODY525 05-12-2012 08:01 AM

HAPPY.....BEEZILLA!!! OMG!!!! NOT SURE IF I WANT TO BE ADOPTED BY YOU & DH NOW AND LIVE IN THE LAND OF HUGE FLYING OBJECTS!!:yikes:
NOT EVEN SURE MY "RIDE" CAN OUTRUN THE FASSING BEAR EITHER!!!:scooter:
YOUR AREA IS STARTING TO SOUND LIKE ONE OF THOSE OLD DOUG MCCLURE MOVIES... LAND OF THE LOST OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES:rofl: :rofl:
STAY SAFE:hug:
YES THE MAGAZINE COVER WAS CREEPY....I SAW IT ON TV. FREAKED ME OUT A LITTLE.
BUT THEN I AM NOT ONE TO CELEBRATE MOTHER'S FEEDING KIDS IN PUBLIC EITHER.
GUESS I AM JUST TOO OLD-FASHIONED OR PRUDISH!!! LOL

LAURA....THE SOFA THING SOUNDS JUST RIGHT.
GLAD YOU FOUND ONE SO CLOSE TOO. ENJOY.
HOW DO YOU LIKE THE SODA STREAM AND DO THE CARTRIDGES LAST LONG???
INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS:rofl:
HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH THE LAPTOP TRANSPORTING WEEK :hug:
JUST PLEASE BE CAREFUL. PEOPLE TODAY ARE FRIGGING NUTSO.
I WANT TO KNOW YOU'RE TAKING PRECAUTIONS:hug: :hug:
ps.....did you get those eyelids dressed yet?!?!?!

ANNIE......THINKING OF CURTIS AND HOPING THE JOB WILL GET STABLE.
YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDS BUSY. PEOPLE FIND TOO MANY REASONS FOR PARTIES.
IT COSTS PEOPLE TOO MUCH EACH YEAR IN GIFTS!!!
GOD LUCK WITH THE TIRE AND BE CAREFUL :hug:
SEND ME THE SALAD....YUMMO!!!
MAKES ME WANT TO SEND THE KIDS OUT NOW!!:un:

MICHELLE...HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER AND CAN GET RID OF THAT COLD:hug:
MAY YOUR WEEKEND GIVE YOU SOME REST & PEACE OF MIND.
REMEMBER WHILE THE MENTORS DO THEIR THING....THAT YOU STILL HAVE A LIFE AND PEOPLE THAT CARE ABOUT YOU. ENJOY THE DMIL TIME TOO!! HOPE DH FEELS STRONGER:hug:

CEEJAY.......I AM HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR GOOD LAB RESULTS.
YOU GO GIRL ON RAISING THE HDL. :cheer3:
SENDING A GOOD THOUGHT OUT TO YOUR COUSIN!!
A SOFTBALL SIZE!! YIKES!!! THE ONLY OTHER PERSON I KNOW WITH A GOITER WAS MY AUNT.
SCARY THINGS. HOPE HE GETS WELL QUICKLY.
YOU CAN HELP ME CLEAN LATER WHEN I GET BACK!!!!

ceejay52 05-12-2012 09:53 AM

Annie
Thankfully we didn't feel the earthquake here. But I'll blame the messy rooms on that. Thanks. Anything to have a party right.

On my way to Walmarts before the rain settle in. We really need some more rain.

happy2bme 05-12-2012 12:22 PM

Good morning ladies,

An early Happy Mother's Day to all you rockin' mommas :D as well as us fur baby mommas ;)

One more week and my family will be here. My sister said BIL comes home each day in a better mood as he gets one day close to vacation. Mom's looking forward to coming here too as is my sister. She said she just wants to sit on the deck, watch the wildlife parade and eat. :lol: I am hoping :crossed: that the weather holds. This upcoming week is supposed to be just gorgeous and they were talking about rain when they come up. Now it looks like just the weekend is wet. They are so wrong with the weather all the time that you can't really go by what they say - just take each day as it comes. I am hoping for sunny and warm so we can sit outside and enjoy it.

Mel - the good news is that while some of the bugs are big, they generally don't bother you. I have noticed bumblebees getting bigger and bigger as the years go by. Not just me, sister said the same thing. Perhaps they are giving the plants growth hormones and the bees are affected by it??? :shrug: So you are safe here - we'll just screen in the front of the mancave if it gets to be too much for you :rofl: Sorry the doors are bothering your arms. I'm thinking you aren't the only one who would be having trouble in your building. Sometimes people don't think when planning things :no: The cancer patient - was that the woman who just moved in 2 weeks ago? I know what you mean about people being hypocrites. Apparently they are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't notice we noticed how they were before. Your comment about the primary reminded me that I should sign up for voter registration - perhaps I did that when I got my drivers license but I don't remember :lol: Anyway, I don't like any of them. I'm starting to jump on DH's bandwagon of vote the ENTIRE LOT out and start all over again. Let's find some kids who know how to work and play TOGETHER. :mad:

Ceejay - hope you get some rain soon. With the warm temps, I'm sure everything is dry and dusty out there.

Poor Shad - sounds like a totally disjointed mess over there at work. Also sounds like a clueless bully was in charge of the doco. As I said in my experience, the things they shortchanged the project most were data conversion, training and doco. I think they spent most of the money bringing in lunch and brekkie for the endless marathon meetings discussing who knows what since they failed miserably on practical application. :rolleyes: Hope you got outside to enjoy the nice weather. Your winter sounds like an ideal winter here - the kind of year round weather you only find in spots like San Francisco, California. I could deal with that although it is nice watching the parade of changing sights and sounds as the seasons roll past. I'm assuming DS is making the big Mother's Day feast for you? Hope he does your favorites proud.

Annie - I hear you on the pricey movie eatings. Must cost at least 30 dollars for 2 tickets, a drink and some popcorn. Just like baseball games with 5 dollar bottles of the cheapest water they make. What happened to good old American cheap dates? You think it's got something to do with the fact that they pay mediocre people millions of dollars per event to entertain us? :lol: Hope you escaped the office early and got out to enjoy some of the day. That salad you had sounded absolutely delicious - probably not too hard to make it at home since I am hundreds of miles away from a McAllisters :lol: Good food but they had the SLOWEST service down in TN - all 3 deli's were slow as mud.

Michelle - hope you beat that cold down and out. Still nothing on the other job? The waiting is the WORST. Nice that you will have DMIL with you to celebrate Mother's Day.

Laura - geez, that NATO thing sounds like a big mess. I can see them taking pictures of the events as seen in the reflection of the big bean in Grant Park :lol: Probably going to cost the city a bundle. I would love it if we grew oversized tomatoes and other vegetables. I'm thinking since this is the first year with new beds, we'll probably get a good crop but it remains to be seen given the shorter growing season we have this way. I'm thinking we will have a lot of green tomatoes in September once the days get shorter and cooler. Not particularly fond of green tomatoes myself - my cousin makes green tomato salsa. We'll see... DH watched the movie Girl With the Dragoo Tatoo and said while violent it explained the character and he liked it so much he wanted to read the other 2 books in the trilogy. He agreed with the reviews that they were slow to start - the author takes alot of time introducing his characters in depth - but said once he got past that, the books were really gripping. Must be - he read both of them in about 4 days. It's good to hear that the medicine is helping Coal out. Hope you can get some reimbursement from the insurance for it.

Hello to Patty and Java :wave:

Guess I'd better get myself to the grocery store - they have Coca Cola and bottled water on sale and today is the last day of the sale. Have a good weekend all...

MELODY525 05-12-2012 02:41 PM

http://i.mnpls.com/1269/126991.jpg

WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.
I KNOW I WILL BE TOO TIRED TO THINK OF THIS LATER:cloud9:
WE ARE ALL MOTHERS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER :rofl:
ENJOY OUR SPECIAL DAY!!!!

Shad 05-12-2012 05:04 PM

happy Mothers Day everyone.
It's another glorious day over here. I still have much to do. Better get on with it and come back later.

Whether you are a Mum with kids, or a kid with a Mum, or a Mum to a furry baby or two. Have a wonderful day.

happy2bme 05-13-2012 12:04 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all us hot mommas

Hope you all have a great day with the ones you care about the most...

happy2bme 05-13-2012 12:18 AM

And to so many who are missing their Moms on this special day... :val3:

Don't think of her as gone away
Her journey's just begun
Life holds so many facets
This earth is only one
Just think of her as resting
From the sorrows and the tears
In a place of warmth and comfort
Where there are no days and years
Think how she must be wishing
That we could know, today
Now nothing but our sadness
Can really pass away
And think of her as living
In the hearts of those she touched
For nothing loved is ever lost
And she is loved so very much.

Anonymous

Shad 05-13-2012 06:18 AM

back again, had a lovely mothers day. DS2 and friend cooked breakfast - Champers and orange juice to start. Herbed turkish bread, sausages, eye fillet steak, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, onions - yummy. Cleaned up, lazed around for a bit, had a chat with a friend on the phone. Kids got stuck into the yard and cleaned, cleared, weeded, mowed and trimmed. No one wanted lunch and then they took a load of junk to the dump. Then DS1 phoned and we had a long chat and a laugh or two, had a chat with his partner and a discussion on baby.

So now it is time for bed and another week in the sweat shop. Hop you all have as good a mothers day as I did.

MELODY525 05-13-2012 08:11 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...s_Day_card.png

HOPING YOU ALL WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

NO WORKMEN TODAY. EVERYONE WENT HOME LAST NIGHT.
THEY'LL BE BACK MONDAY.
I AM ALREADY IN MOTHER'S DAY MODE:beach:
WE'RE HAVING A SURPRISE DINNER THIS AFTERNOON.
OFF TO BREAKFAST.:moped:

HAPPY....THAT WAS A BEAUTIFUL THOUGHT. THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT:hug: almost momma time!! yay!!! hope the weather holds out too:HUG: i have noticed that the bumble bees are bigger too now that you mention it. last year when riding...a few almost smacked me in the face. i think they are flying slower :dunno: anyway....i need a face mask....what bout a freddy hockey mask?!?!?! :rofl: GEEZ...I ALMOST SCARED MYSELF JUST THEN :cry:

SHAD....CHAMPAGNE FOR BREAKFAST?? DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT???:cheers: LOOKING FORWARD TO FRI/SAT:hug:
HOW GREAT FOR THE BOYS TO FIX BREAKFAST....AND WHAT A FEAST!!!
YUM!!! ALL MY FAVORITES!!:hun:

CEEJAY....HOPE YOU ARE DRIED OUT BY NOW. HOW WAS WALMARTS??? ANY GOOD STUFF TO BUY??