3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   May - Madness or mellowness (Meliness) for the Worldly chicks. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/258089-may-madness-mellowness-meliness-worldly-chicks.html)

happy2bme 05-04-2012 12:12 PM

Laura - we posted over one another. Your comment about the thundershirt gave me a visual of a flap door - kinda like on those union jack - long underwear suits of old. :rofl:

diyana 05-04-2012 01:54 PM

Hi everyone -

Can't stay on long as I just have a quick break between meetings.

If y'all can keep sending me good vibes, I'd really appreciate it. I hope things will be improving soon...and I'll tell ya' more about it this weekend, though the possible improvements are still quite up in the air....and only time will tell. That's about all I can say right now...today...on this 'puter.

Much love,
an optimistic and very hopeful...

happy2bme 05-04-2012 11:43 PM

Ah Michelle - I am pulling for you - good thoughts, prayers, good karma, fairy dust, angel pennies - whatever will help you. :hug:

Shad 05-05-2012 06:04 AM

Michelle - I got your back. Hope it all goes well.

Been a busy day washing, gardening, shopping and talking to the kid. I've cooked up a storm and am now ready for bed. Back tomorrow with the weekend wrapup - although we have a holiday on Monday. Yeehaa

MELODY525 05-05-2012 07:39 AM

A QUICK HELLO.
HAVEN'T READ ANY POSTS
WILL CATCH UP NEXT WEEK.
THE RIGHT ARM IS IMPROVING.
DR DROPPED BY JUST TO CHECK.
SAID HE WAS IN THE AREA....YEAH RIGHT.:rofl:
THINKS IT'S AN INFLAMED TENDON.
TOO BAD THE PILLS KILL MY STOMACH.
SO ICE AND ISOLATION OF THE ARM & SHOULDER.
BUT HOW CAN I DRIVE WITH MY LEFT ARM:?:
SEE YA SOON. LOVE TO ALL.

annie175 05-05-2012 08:46 AM

Happy Saturday.......

Today will be starting a new garden plot as the shed is now on my old, seasoned garden spot. Boo. Will have to remove the sod and hoe my arse off. Then Miracle Grow Garden Soil to be hoed in. Lot of work which will take me most of this day.

Tomorrow will be painting and more painting. It is supposed to rain all day on Sunday so holding painting off till tomorrow. Working in the yard today.

Right now watching the 500 mini-marathan on TV...something definitely wrong with that, should be attending and walking...lol. A guy from the university of IL won the wheelchair competition...the exciting news is he is from Avon Indiana. YEAH....

Tonight is my bro's band in AVON, INDIANA....at Sidelines Bar and Grill. I will dance my feet off to get exercise in for today....if only his band played every other day instead of bi-monthly. lol I would be skinny if they did.

For those of you on FB....my post about apologies and moving on is DEFINITELY NOT ABOUT ANY OF YOU....sadly, it is my daughter. We didn't quite see eye to eye on something about the babe and now she is just plainly p*ssed off at me. I don't know what else to do..I have apologized for something that I didn't feel I needed to, but did to keep peace...so..going to bow out of their lives and lay low for a while till she gets past it. That is the only way to deal with Samantha...let her come around to what is truly important in life. Emotional me...yeah...unhappy and crying a lot. Keeping busy with projects will make it better.

CHELLE....loves and hugs and keeping you in my thoughts always....it will all work out for the best....that is always how my life got better, by these little burps in life that make us take a hard look at what we are doing in life. You will come out smelling like a rose and all for the good. My belly thoughts is they will see what a dedicated, hard working employee they have and it will all be good...xoxoxoxo

MELLIE...dang it Mellie...take it easy on yourself...and unless you are 100%, stay the h*ll away from the office and dealing with the seniors. How much more can your health take it? YOU YOU YOU are the most important part of life.....stop doing what you shouldn't. I may just very well come there and beat up on you.

SHADDIE...sounds like you have been movin' and groovin' at home with the normal cleaning projects that NEED to be done. Be sure to take at least a few moments for SHAD time and enjoy your life.....hugs

HAPPY...I would definitely take up the offer from DH while he is painting to go visiting...even if it is to INDY to visit me....We have not one, but two, guest rooms to chose from...I would even take a few days off work to entertain you......think about it.

LAURA....every time I read about you posting the Thunder Shirt...all I can think of is almight dog...flying away in his thunder shirt....and have to chuckle..a lot. It just sounds like a super hero...like Mighty Mouse or something. If it keeps the doggie calm then it is definitely worth it.

CEEG...this is mother hen coming at you....if you are not 100%, then stay the H away from the sickies and do not go to the uncles. Find something to do at home, even if it is just kicking back and relaxing. Only do what you feel up to...my momma always said, so when I die, it will still all be here, and who really cares. Just wish I had more time with my momma. SOOOoooo....take care of YOU, same as I tell MELLIE...you, you, you. Hugs sista.

Gotta get busy and watch a lil more of the marathon, color my own hair..afraid of sissy right now...lol, then out to the yard to start the garden.

Love, Hugs, and lots of prayers for all the Worldlies.....

annie175 05-05-2012 11:20 AM

Holy Cow...just moved 50 decorative stones to new location to make garden...sheesh...used muscles that I didn't even know I had...now on to removing sod and hoeing...blah...got to fold towels in dryer too, then do dress clothes for work....blah....to much to little time.

annie175 05-05-2012 02:48 PM

My bod is screaming, only have 1/3 of garden sod removed....gotta get busy and finish....don't want to!.....Yuk....working on laundary also...just want to veg on the couch and can only dream about it....

happy2bme 05-05-2012 03:28 PM

Hi chicks,

Happy Saturday. Cool and rainy weekend here. The garden centers are opening and I want to check out a few of them to see what vegetable plants they might have. I would prefer established plants if possible but some things like peas and radishes I have not seen as plants so I need to figure out what I want to grow and what will be seed (that needs to get started) and what I can get from the nursery. Also have to figure out how I'm going to work the garden (which at this point is nothing more than paint on the grass staking out the area) with getting ready for my family visit and hurrying to get the fence and garden in.

Mel - thanks for checking in, just rest up like you should. Take care of Mel. Have a margarita for Cinco De Mayo :hat: - even if it's a virgin one :lol:

Annie - thanks for explaining your FB comment - having been raised Catholic I automatically think I have done something even when I don't have a clue :o I am sorry to hear you had a tiff with DD. I'm sure it won't be the first time because I guess it must be difficult with you having raised 2 children and her being a Mom who wants to do things her way - bound to be some disagreements. I hope it will blow over soon. Mother's Day is in 3 weeks - she can't stay mad for that day. I know it hurts you but be cool :hug: Thank you for the invite but I don't drive the expressways :yikes: As it is, DH will have to drive me into the city to see Mom which is ok because he can go do things with his friends. Besides you and I would just get boozed up and have a great time :rofl: I hope you have fun dancing although after all you are working on, even great music would be a challenge to find the energy to dance too.

Shad sounds like you've had a very productive Saturday. Waiting to hear the details...

Hellos to the rest of the chicks. Hope you are all having a great weekend.

annie175 05-05-2012 05:04 PM

Oh HAPPY...just have DH drive you to the nearest airport....I will pick you up and the we will have a great time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE company and having fun.....make my day!!!

Got about one more load of sod to haul off for the garden and it has taken me ALL DAY to accomplish...didn't think it would take me this much time so I am behind in all I want to accomplish for Saturday....blah.

Back at it...one more wheelbarrow load of sod to get rid of by the pond, of course I still have to uproot it....me tired..and still have to go see bro's band tonight. Wouldn't miss it for nuttin'. LOVE STINKS..yeah yeah...lol

Shad 05-05-2012 05:54 PM

Aaah, just did something stupid and lost my post. When will I learn?

Anyway, it went something like this.

Annie - I knew it wasn't me you were mad at but ......... well you know me. Anyway, this sort of argument will happen time and time again, only thing is you have to learn that the new mother thinks that some of the old ways (that's what we did) are no longer necessary or even work. She will learn or face the consequences eventually. I am expecting much of the same myself, particularly as DS1 was a fussy baby, and had terrible colic which we had to deal with. However DS1's partner's mother will be on tap and I will only be the globe trotting granny so much of the arguing will be at full volume (Mother is Greek, partner is half Greek half Italian) and the fallout will be painful especially since the daughter thinks the mother knows nothing already. You've apologised, just leave it there. Eventually she will want something and you will be forgiven (for nothing)
Sounds like you have been busy in the yard. Now for a long soak in the tub and a massage (or something)

Mel - rest, ice, elevate, can't do much else. Plenty of fluids etc. It's fine about the phone call, we can reschedule. Should be home all week and maybe the next one as well. From last week of May through to most of June and July I will be in the Hunter Valley, training and supporting the victims.
I found a baby shop in Singleton which gave me some great ideas for what we had spoken about earlier. Remind me to discuss these when we speak.

Happy - Do you have to fence off the garden to deter the deer and the bunnies and the racoons and the turkeys? Gonna be some fence! Some of the above jump, some dig and burrow and some fly.
My informal class went very well and was much appreciated. I am really worried about these guys. The knowledge level is virtually non existent, the stores are in a complete mess, there is no real SAP champion on site unlike some of the other sites in this implementation and no prior knowledge from previous jobs. I am going to have to revise my training and follow up support here. Thankfully there is no night shift to contend with. But that's work and that is Tuesday's problem child.

Time to get showered and at it. DS2 informed me that the PayTV was not working when I got in on Friday. He couldn't ring the place since the account is in my name and he didn't have authorisation to access the account. That will be fixed come Monday. So anyway, I can't watch my favourite shows and even worse I can't watch the footy this afternoon. Maybe I will need to go to the pub to watch. This should be the best game of the season too. Bah humbug - murphy's law still works. Whatever can wrong does and usually at the worst possible time.
See ya

ceejay52 05-05-2012 06:58 PM

Annie
You are going to be sore in the morning. Enjoy the brother's band tonight. Don't think dd will be upset to long. Things like this happen.

Michelle
Sending you good vibes.

Mel
I'm glad the doctor did stop by to check on your arm.

Hello to Happy and Laura :wave:
-----

I really should not have gone to eat lunch with the uncles but I did. Stopped at Walmart in Paragould and came back home. I still don't have the stamina to do much. but I look around and see everything that needs to be done.

diyana 05-06-2012 09:51 AM

Good Sunday morning to everyone -

Yesterday, DMIL and I went to Derby Day at our friend's Moose Lodge just outside of Chicago. It was great fun, and I won $65 in the raffles!! After all the festivities, we had dinner at the Lodge...DMIL had a yummy chicken dinner, with salad, baked potato and corn. And I had the most delicious steak I've had in a long time with the same side dishes. Mmmmm.

Now to explain my cryptic post from Friday. There's a company about 5 minutes from where I live, not as big as my current company, but big enough and it's located on a gorgeous campus. I went there for a seminar roughly 3 years ago and have wanted to work there ever since. Of course, back when I was happy in my current company so I didn't actively look. Things are different now. I noticed on their website early this past week a job posting doing essentially what I was doing...with new things to learn as well. Then I learned that a woman I have worked closely with for a few years and was aware of my skills/expertise was married to someone at the new company. I approached her and asked what department her husband works in. Turns out, he's the hiring manager for this position! I told her I would be applying and I submitted my resume on Thursday evening. I talked with her again at roughly 10:30 on Friday morning, and she said that my resume had already made it through the initial HR screening and it was on his desk! I was (and still am) thrilled to hear such great news!! I am so hopeful that I get the call to schedule an interview this week!! My co-worker says that her husband says it's a great place to work!! And so close to home!! I would SO love to work there! I am trying to harness the power of prayer and positive thinking by seeing me driving to work there everyday, imagining me at my new desk working on their systems, etc. :D

I'll keep you posted, ladies! And I so appreciate all the good vibes and prayers you've been sending my way (and for DH too).

We've got thunderstorms hitting....so I'd best log off for now.

Much love and many hugs,

Laura705 05-06-2012 10:53 AM

Morning all.

Michelle - Glad you enjoyed the Derby party, and coming away with some $$ to boot - woohoo!! :carrot: The job you described sounds like a great fit for you!!! Know that I'm going to say a prayer and send the good vibes your way!!!

Ceejay - Hope you relaxed for the rest of your weekend. You know the housework and errands will still be waiting for you (unless you've got some fairies that come in and do it for you overnight, lol).

Shad - Perhaps it's a blessing you will not be the granny that's always around to be underappreciated/taken for granted...unfortunately that's what can happen sometimes. Glad you're not having to work a night shift this time around, but it sounds like you've got a bigger challenge with this group. Did you get to watch your footy? Our admin asst was off to the UK for a school thing and her cousin bought them very pricey tickets to a soccer match the same day they arrive - and she doesn't give a hoot about soccer. But it might be just the thing to combat jet lag!

Annie - Based on your posts yesterday, it sounds like you might be in a world of hurt today. I hope you take a nice soak in the tub, get Curtis to rub your aches and give you a pass on the painting!! I should have come down there with our little tiller - it might have helped with removing the sod. How was your bro's band?? The dancing probably kept the stiffness and soreness at bay for a few hours, lol.

Happy - I haven't done a lick of planning or labor for my veggie garden, so you and Annie are making me feel guilty. No seeds for me this year except perhaps for the herbs. Shad's right, you'll need fences to keep the critters out, and some netting over it too, I'll bet. Good luck!

Mel - Hope your tummy is better and the arm too. Let someone else deal with all the building problems - you've got yourself to take care of. Like Annie says - you, you, you!!!

Hellos to Patty & Java!! :flow1:
===
Somewhat lazy weekend for me. Friday was a steak burrito for dinner in honor of Cinco de Mayo. Saturday I sat with the papers and my tea for a bit, then I did a BE workout and a load of laundry. After a shower, I went off to the thrift store. I ended up with just a few books and a fancy water bottle that has a freezer stick that fits into the cap and keeps the water cold. I also stopped at the bakery next door and bought a loaf of rye bread and a couple danish. :o

After that was a long walk with doggy, and then an early dinner - fried shrimp at the old fish place the next town over. They have photos of Door County, WI all over the place, and I picked up a Door County tourist guide while I was there. It's a great vacation spot that's on a peninsula jutting out between Lake Michigan and Green Bay, I believe. Bf and I might go there this summer for a short getaway. After the shrimp, bf got his haircut, which is now a 5-minute session with an electric trimmer - very very short, and he's loving it. No messing with it, and it doesn't get mussed when wearing a hat.

Feels a bit warmer this morning after yesterday's damp chill. I might get out in front to fill the dipped areas where the landscape crew removed the quince bushes and failed to fill and seed them. BTW, the quince are regrowing with a vengeance. Going to have to keep clipping them away, as I think removal of all the roots will be futile. We have bags of soil and seed, so it shouldn't be a major project.

Okay, back to my newspaper for a bit, and I might also do a BE workout before getting out to do the hole-filling.

TTFN!!

happy2bme 05-06-2012 01:08 PM

Good Sunday morning all,
Heavy rains today. The yard is full of water. We have a decorative bridge in the front yard with a stone trench. DH said the "moat" is full of water and indeed it is. I guess it's supposed to rain all day long. Good for the grass and filling the well back up. Good for staying in an house cleaning. Also need to go through the refrigerators and freezers and make up this week's menus.

Laura - I have seen those water bottles you speak of. Let me know if they work. DH has a haircut like BF - about a quarter of an inch long which he gives himself with the Conair cutter. I hate it - old man's haircut but he likes it for the same reasons BF does - no fuss. Funny how men get to age but women are supposed to look their best or else they are accused of "letting themselves go". :rolleyes: Actually DH says this is not true - but we know better ;) they don't always say what they think. Your talk of Door County has me jonesing for a trip up that way. I have always wanted to go there and when we moved to Memphis I figured for sure we were so far away that I'd never get up there. It's 5 and a half hours drive to there from here. Maybe if I save my pennies, we can take a trip up there next year in the sort of off season. I hear it's quite pricey up that way for food and lodging. Good luck with the yard work - I hear quinces are pretty sturdy vegetation.

Michelle - that is certainly great news about the other company. :crossed: will certainly be sending all good things your way hoping everything will work out. And to be so close to home - that would be a dream!!!!! I think it's sad that you can't just buckle down and do well and have a long career at a company but that seems not to be the case in today's corporate world. Will be anxiously awaiting your news which sounds good so far.

Ceejay - don't try to tackle everything at once but pick something easy to do so you feel a sense of accomplishment instead of overwhelming stress.

Mel - hope you are doing a bit better today. I hope you don't go banging into things trying to drive with the other arm. Just pretend you are over by Shad driving on their "right side of the road" :lol: Rest well :hug:

Annie - did you have a great time at the lounge yesterday? I'll bet. I have to agree with Laura that dancing around probably pulled some of the kinks out from the yard work. As for the parenting I wish Sissy would understand that people are now starting to see that some of today's beliefs in child rearing are maybe not the best. My sister said that if she had to do it again she would have raised her son more like we were raised - not given everything so that you learned to value what you had and developed a sense of earning what you wanted in life. All this computer stuff has turned kids into stunted social skills - they don't know how to communicate well - both verbally and in the written word. She should listen to Momma who probably knows better ;)

Shad - we are planning 2 raised garden beds 10 foot by 3 foot which is plenty for tomatoes and assorted vegetables. There will be a 4 foot path between each bed and a 6 foot gated fence around that which should keep out all but the flying critters. F P | | P | |P F - Fence, Access Path, Bed, Access Path, Bed, Access Path. DH has thought it out well - with plenty of room to get a garden cart in between the beds. We are not planning on planting any really deep vegetables like potatoes so instead of renting a back hoe and tearing out the existing grass, we will just lay black plastic sheeting down to kill the existing greenery, put the beds in about 12 inches deep and fill in the paths with pine needle mulch of which we have plenty. I like the idea of the raised beds as we can keep the soil more loose. It's very sandy here - good for carrots and potatoes but the soil needs alot of help for other vegetables so the beds will help alot. The chain link fencing will be dug about a foot down into the dirt so that ambitious bunnies and such cannot dig under the fence. We got some videos that were very helpful in setting up the garden. It's an ambitious project tho!

DH got the treadmill set up and fixed. We were getting an error on it but thankfully it was just a circuit board he unplugged for transport and forgot to plug back in when he put it together. Which means it's time for me to work in some exercise time. I have been off with my eating and gained a few pounds - need to get back to moving and having a more healthful menu. Also need to put my computer back up on the second floor. I have the laptop in the kitchen and I do alot more stairs if I keep going up and down :lol:

Getting hungry - let's go see what's good to eat. Have a good Sunday chicks. Hello to the other Worldlies :wave:

Shad - have you come to a decision about supporting Worldly the Penquin?