3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   May - Madness or mellowness (Meliness) for the Worldly chicks. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/258089-may-madness-mellowness-meliness-worldly-chicks.html)

annie175 05-06-2012 05:20 PM

Taking a break. Have been going at if since about 9 am. Helped paint till 2 pm then out to the yard. Cut the grass...the overturned the dirt from where I pulled sod yesterday...yes the body hurts...but not giving into it yet. Still need to vacuum the mini blinds and put them back up....Want to finish the blinds then go chop with the hoe the dirt I overturned with the shovel. Look out the window and several robins were going crazy eating at the worms that I overturned. Robins were eating like they were starved...too funny watching the masaqure (sp). Things are going as scheduled and should be ready for Dad's 85th BD party on the 9th (12th is our BDs..mine is 52..blah...I am aging to quickly for my liking.)

Didn't make it to the band last night. I was in no mood and too many aches to attend...not to mention burnt to a crisp. Highs were 85-90 yesterday....Was really sad when Baby boy called at 11:04 and asked where the H were Curtis and I. I was sad to miss my son, but could not even muster up the energy to go....I think I let several people down...my brother and SIL...my bro in the band and my SIL came. I feel like a smuck for not going, but truly could not do it. As it was Curtis and I, both woke up at about 1 am and could not sleep...we watched Golden Girls for a couple of hours. His days at work have been trifling due to the disorganization of his company. He didn't get home from work yesterday till almost 8. That makes for a long day for him. We just couldn't do the band..either of us.

Still no word from baby girl. I suppose I will have to endure not seeing my lil man for a while...this will kill me and and put me on a downhill spiral. Bad enough she is punishing me, but she knows it kills me to go more than a few days of not seeing my babe. Things like this make me want to go be with my momma. It just breaks my heart so much I can barely stand it.

CHELLE...praying for all good things for you and calling on my momma to pull you through. It will all work out for the best. I am so excited for you!! Fingers crossed, prayers said, and love.

Hey to all the rest of ya's. I am about to keal over and have a lot left to do.

Love and hugs

ceejay52 05-06-2012 05:29 PM

It's a beautiful Sunday. I've only been outside to go get something to eat. There's a lot of white floaty things in the air.

Happy
Your garden area sound good. I like the raised beds idea.

ceejay52 05-06-2012 05:34 PM

Annie
You snuck in on me. Can't blame you for not going to hear the band. Sometimes there's not enough of us or enough time to go around. Do you no t have a small garden tiller? Sometimes I miss getting my hands dirty but don't in the long run.

Shad 05-06-2012 06:30 PM

Oh Annie. No wonder you are not sleeping. As well as being a whirling dervish in the garden and house and fretting over the family tiff you are painting yourself into a corner which is not good for you. I will not have you talk about going to meet your mom - is that clear. :rollpin: :nono: All of this will blow over, but there will be a next time again and again.
Can you get in touch with the partner and discuss the matter with him? Or maybe that will cause trouble between them as well. Whatever the situation should be talked over and maybe your son might be able to help. I wish I could help more, but it's not good to interfere in family matters. I was married to a Gemini character for nearly 25 years. I know how they react. My ex used to speak or not to his family (a family at war was how I used to describe it) and it seemed that everyone else had to be the one to apologise. Not that I am suggesting you are unreasonable but sometimes you just have to go into the garden and throw things to get the system back in sync. Life is not fair. Get used to it.

Michelle - fingers crossed for a new job. Good luck. Sometimes things just gel for us. Other times we have to graft.
Sounds like you had fun with the MIL. Good start to the week.

Laura - No, I didn't get to see the footy match, but I know the score and my team won although not convincingly. As for going to a soccer match on arrival in UK - that's bizarre. I know you don't have as bigger flight time as we do, but I know that when I went over last time, I followed my normal procedure to adjust to time - change the watch, eat an appropriate meal when the next mealtime rolls around and go to bed at the normal hour. In the meantime, stay on your feet, if you sit, you sleep. Find the hotel, B&B or whatever, unpack as necessary and then take a walk to see whats in the neighbourhood. Last time in London we arrived at 5.15am and found the hotel, showered and changed. Went to the Paddington High Street and looked at shops and eventually had lunch. Then caught the Underground and went to the British Museum. Have to admit, the crowds there got at me after a while. I was too tired to appreciate the accents and colours (not to mention sometimes smells) then we walked back to the hotel. Peak hour on the underground is to be avoided at all costs. We had dinner at a local trattoria and crashed into bed early. No further jet lag.

Ceejay - hope your family appreciates all this back and forth driving you do to visit them. I would be telling them to come to see me once in a while.

Happy - I often wonder whether blokes get the no.1 haircut because they are thinning somewhat and don't think that such a short hairdo will make it more obvious if they are. This whole embrace bald thing makes me wonder about their thought processes.
Going to take you a while to get that fence up and running. Hope you get enough veges out of it to pay for the materials. I don't know how the plastic reacts over there, but I regret the day I put it in here and am now in the process of removing it where possible. The garden gurus here advocate the use of newspaper, great wads of it. It will kill off the grass and weeds because there is no light or air and will eventually rot and turn into compost. When you pour a goodly amount of soil and compost and fertiliser over the top it is just as efficient as plastic. I'm presuming your beds are going to be about 10" high - that gives the roots a good spreading area. My black plastic was only about 6 inches down and the roots don't seem to get a good grip in the areas where the plastic remains. Just my 2c worth.

Ceejay - those white floaty things - are they clouds???

Right, well DS2 said he would be here at sparrow fart to take the boat out for the last time this season. The sun is well up, I have changed my bed linen and washed it, hung it on the line, had breakfast and am about to embark on more digging in the weed patch and still he is not here. So much for first thing. Always happens when we have a new G/F
So I have a bit to achieve today, back to the office tomorrow, but in the meantime I need to do a bit of housework, run the duster and sweeper around, try to clear out some of the spare room and plan out the garden following weeding. My plan is to extend the vege patch another couple of metres and make the rose garden somewhat bigger. It really can't be called the rose garden anymore since it has the Gerbera patch in there and soon will have the spring bulbs and the other plant whose name currently escapes me again. Heliotrope - just remembered otherwise known as the cherry pie plant cos that's what it smells like. I'm planning to overplant that bed to cut down on water reticulation and weed suppression.
Having said all that, I think I have a bit to do. One more coffee should conclude breakfast and I can get on with it before the heat sets in. It is not as hot as it was, but the days are still very warm - especially if you are digging and lifting and carting stuff.

MELODY525 05-06-2012 06:32 PM

PRETEND IT'S ALREADY MONDAY MORNING..................

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...e/fb952008.gif

BUSY DAY AHEAD FOR MONDAY. SO I'M POSTING NOW.
THERE WERE PROBLEMS GALORE ALL WEEKEND IN THE BLDG. :faint:
MOST OF WHICH WERE IMPORTANT.
THE NEW TENANT LEFT ME ALONE AFTER I SAW HER AGAIN ON FRIDAY NIGHT.
GEEZ!!! BUT THIS TIME SHE GOT THE HINT BUT MADE A COMPLAINT ANYWAY..
SHE WAS TOLD ON THE PHONE THAT I AM NOT A SUPERINTENDANT OR A PERSONAL HOMEMAKER AND SHE NEEDS TO CALL HER FAMILY WHEN SHE HAS PERSONAL PROBLEMS. :encore:

ON FRIDAY I WAS TURNED DOWN FOR THE CAT-SCAN BY THE INS COMPANY.
TALKED WITH THE HOSP....HE SAID IT'S IMPERATIVE TO SEE IF THE NODES ARE GROWING AND TO DETERMINE CANCEROUS VERSUS BENIGN FOLLOW-UP TREATMENTS OR PLANS IE ON WHETHER A BIOPSY IS NECESSARY. WTF?!?!? HE SAID NOT TO LET THIS GO ANOTHER MONTH. GET ON IT RIGHT AWAY. OK....RIGHT.
I LEFT A MESSAGE WITH THE DR ALREADY. I'LL SEE WHAT HE SAYS.
CAUSE THE INS. COMPANY SAYS IT'S THE DR OFFICE'S FAULT. :dunno:
GUESS THEY HAVE TO BLAME SOMEONE!

MY ARM IS BETTER BUT NO GYMNASTICS FOR ME FOR AWHILE. HA!!
IT'S VERY HARD TO FIND THINGS TO DO THAT DON'T INVOLVE THIS ARM:tantrum:
REALLY BEGINNING TO P I S S ME OFF! :rollpin: I HAVE NO PATIENCE FOR THIS CRAPOLA (just for you Laura)
I NEED TO GO AND READ YOUR POSTS TO CATCH UP. BE RIGHT BACK=========:scooter:

************************************************** ********************************************

HAPPY.....I LOVED THE BIKE PICTURE.
REMINDED ME OF MY BROTHER & I WHEN WE HAD ENGLISH RACERS.
THEY WERE SO TALL I COULD BARELY GET ON IT!! AND WHAT ACCIDENTS I HAD!!!
ALMOST GAVE MY POOR GRAM A HEART ATTACK EVERY DAY WITH NEW BOO BOOS!!
I WAS THINKING OF YOUR MOM ALL WEEKEND AND SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS. WISH SHE WAS IN MY BLDG.
I WOULD TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER :hug: I KNOW THEY CAN BE RATHER STUBBORN AND DO HOPE YOU WIN THE BATTLE OVER A NEARBY CARDIO INSTEAD OF THE CITY.
AS FOR MY NEW TENANT: YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH THE "EXTENDED CARE FACILITY"....I SAID IT'S NOT A NURSING HOME...JUST AN APARTMENT BUILDING:rofl: GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE:crazy:
GLAD YOU ARE STOCKED UP WITH FOOD. WITH THIS CRAZY WEATHER, IT COULD SNOW IN JUNE!:hohoho:
AS FOR THE HOUSE.....YOU HAVE YOUR WHOLE LIFE! DON'T WORRY WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINGS. JUST KEEP FORGING AHEAD. GOOD WEATHER IS COMING. SPEND TIME NOT WORRYING OVER UNPACKING:hug:
NOW GET ON THAT TREADMILL!!! :tread:

LAURA....WHEN I SPOKE OF THE HEATED STONES, IT WAS A WARMER I BOUGHT THE KIDS THAT CAME WITH THE STONES. MADE BY SOME HEALTH/SPA COMPANY. I GOT IT FOR THEM PNE VALENTIONE'S DAY "belly"
WHEN I WATCH DOC MARTIN NOW I THINK OF YOU!!! HE CRACKS ME UP.
SORRY ABOUT THE FORGOTTEN TICKET AND UMBRELLA. TIRED OF ALL THIS RAIN EVEN THOUGH WE NEED IT.
IT'S GOOD OF YOU TO SHARE THE TICKET WITH THE BF'S FRIEND:hug: PAYING IT FORWARD!!!:D
LOVE THE DINNER ON THE PATIO THE OTHER NIGHT. HOW SWEET.
HOPE THE BIKE KEEPS WORKING TOLL YOU FIND ONE YOU LIKE.
I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IF THE THUNDERSHIRT WORKS ON COAL. A MILLION COMMERCIALS ARE ON THE TV STILL. LAUGHING AT THE PEEING AND FOLDING IDEA!! :rofl:
IF YOU GO TO WI....PICK ME UP......IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT VACATION SPOT:beach:

SHAD....I WOULD RANT & RAVE ABOUT THE WELSH LADS BUT I AM 50% WELSH :rofl: BUT SOME OF MY RELATIVES FALL INTO THEIR CATAGORY AND SHOULD BE PUT ON THE PENGUIN POOP PATROL TOO! :rofl: :rofl:
AH......HOW SWEET....DIRK & PEACHES:love:
I REALLY AM SORRY ABOUT THE PHONE MIX-UP AND HOPE THIS WEEKEND MIGHT BE A GOOD ONE??
OK....I JUST SEE YOUR OTHER POST ABOUT THE NEXT 2 WEEKS AND HUNTER VALLEY LATER ON.
DURING THE WEEK IS BETTER CAUSE I HAVE JEN TO TAKE THE CALLS IF NEED BE FOR AN HOUR OR 2. MIGHT BE A BETTER IDEA. WEEKENDS LATELY ARE A FIASCO NOT ONLY FOR ALARMS BUT MY BODY :lol3: GLAD YOU GOT IDEAS FOR BABY STUFF. DON'T FORGET:nono:

CEEJAY....GLAD THE CHEST IS CLEARING UP AND YOU ARE GETTING BETTER SLEEP.
I BET THE UNCLES & AUNT MISS YOU WHEN YOU'RE NOT THERE.:hug:
BRONCHITIS CAN KNOCK THE CRAP OUT OF YOU AND ALSO ALL THE MEDS. GET REST AND DRINK WATER:hug:
OUR EARS ARE FILLED TO THE BRIM THIS SPRING. HEARING IS A PAIN.
JEN & I KEEP SAYING "WHAT?" TO EACH OTHER :lol3:
I HOPE YOUR RELATIVES TESTS COME OUT OK AND THE MEDS FOR THE THYROID WORK TOO.

ANNIE....HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD TIME WITH THE BFF AND THE WINE:cheers:
I HATE PAINTING....GLAD I DON'T HAVE TO DO IT ANYMORE.
SEE THE WHEELCHAIR COMES IN HANDY FOR SOME EXCUSES:rofl:
I AM SENDING YOU LOVE & HUGS OVER THE SISSY THING.
HOPE THE 2 OF YOU CAN COME TO A CONCLUSION AND FAST.
IT'S THE LITTLE CRAP THAT ALWAYS GET'S BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION. SHE WILL SEE THE LIGHT I'M SURE. STAY CALM.

MICHELLE....I AM THINKING OF YOU STILL AND SENDING GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY. PRAYING THE OUTCOME OF ALL THIS WILL BE A POSITIVE RESULT:hug: DON'T TYPE CHIT ON THEIR COMPUTER. IN FACT I WOULD STOP POSTING FROM WORK AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
PART 2: I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR OF A CHANCE TO WORK IN A BETTER ENVIROMENT!
HOW COOL THAT WOULD BE AND SO NEAR TO HOME TOO!! THAT IS WONDERFUL AND I SEND YOU GOOD LUCK THOUGHTS IN HOPES IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR THE BEST. :crossed:
GLAD THE DMIL IS THERE TO HELP AND BE A FRIEND.

Shad 05-06-2012 08:23 PM

Forgot - Happy asked about Worldly Fatchick. I haven't yet made up my mind. The subscription has actually lapsed, but that won't stop them from taking the money if offered :nono: I was maybe thinking that since we are now reduced to US and Aus & NZ then I might just donate in three countries. Only problem is that I won't get the benefit in tax deductions for overseas, unless it is human oriented.
So figure out an animal in danger over in the States, let me know if you get tax deductions for donating and we will see what we can do. I will check up on other areas here. There are all sorts of animals that need our help including the RSPCA for our local furry friends. I think I am done with donating to humankind when the problem never seems to get fixed no matter how sorry I feel for those children I see on tv.

Laura705 05-07-2012 11:07 AM

Morning all. Another gray and rainy day here.

Shad - So how was your gardening day on your holiday yesterday? I hope you got a lot accomplished before it heated up. :flow1: There are so many good causes to support. This Saturday bf and his mother and I are going to a dinner/silent auction for the rescue organization from which we adopted doggy. Your local time acclimation approach is very much the same I used when traveling for work way back when - no naps, just unpack, and then get back outdoors to be in the daylight, see the sights, eat, and try to make it to the normal sleep time. Still, that first day of work was always difficult.

Mel - Sorry your weekend was full of problems. At least the needy new tenant has gotten the message about your role! Horrible that you're going to have to go 'round and 'round w/ the doc, the hospital and the insurance co to get that c-scan. :mad: But I know you'll be successful!! Now, now, you must be patient with your arm, even though it is crapola to not be able to do much with it, LOL. Thanks for that! :) Well, I guess if the stone heater is created especially for that purpose of heating the stones just to a level that they can be on skin to warm it without burning it, I suppose it must have been tested for safety. :flame: It might be fun to give something like that a try.

Ceejay - Oh the white floaty things - whatever they are they probably have pollen or some other allergen to make us allergy sufferers miserable! I left the house this morning and my eyes immediately started watering, even though I thought all the rain would have settled all that stuff and cleaned the air.

Annie - Sorry you didn't get to see your bro's band Sat. night. :( Sure sounds like you were missed! But something's gotta give. You have to be exhausted after all the physical work you did this weekend. And all the distress over the disagreement w/ dd. I'm sure it'll get resolved soon enough - you're so close, she'll put things in perspective soon enough. :yes:

Happy - Your raised garden sounds like a good plan. So the plots will be long, but just wide enough to reach in on each side to weed, water, harvest, etc.. I do like Shad's suggestion re the newspaper. I did use that one year for the veggie patch - on top of the soil - to keep the weeds down. Did a pretty good job if I recall, but being on top I believe I had to use bricks and wet it down to keep the wind from taking it. The past couple years I used weed cloth and garden pins. I never did get out yesterday to deal with the quince growth and fill in the soil - by the time I got around to that it was raining. And it wasn't too disappointing to me either, LOL. Re the buzz cut bf is doing now - Shad was right - the motivation is that it looks much better when balding gets to a certain point. Very short is good, but I don't like the fully shaved head at all. At my hair appt this week I will ask my stylist what brand of clipper is best as bf intends to make his trims a DIY process, and of course it can't just be the middle of the road brand for the gadget guy. :rolleyes: Where he's gone to have this done is very inexpensive, but I suppose the need to go every other week is sort of inconvenient. Hope you can get to Door County sometime - it's a pleasant place. I wouldn't have thought it would be further from you than from me, huh. But now you have the TIME!! And off-season would make it more affordable.

Hellos to Michelle, Mary & Patty!
---
Well, yesterday was pretty ho-hum. Newspaper, tea, a couple loads of laundry, two BE workouts, some reading, lunch, a dog walk (rain had stopped for a bit), then tv.

More rain today, and then a couple cloudy days and finally some sun! :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny: Can you tell I miss it??? :D

I slacked off on the usual errands this weekend so I suppose I might get out and do some of that in the evenings this week. In addition to clothes shopping, I am also embarking on a hunt for eyeshadow, but not the shiny/frosty kind - I want the matte kind that doesn't highlight my eyelid wrinkles!!! Anybody know of any drugstore brands that offer that?

TTFN!!

ceejay52 05-07-2012 02:05 PM

Shad
lol's on the clouds. The white floaty things come from a tree. They look like cotton balls.

Laura
Everyone deserves some time to themselves especially on the week end.
Wish I had a little fairie to come clean. Thought about the neighbor but instantly thought no--not going there again.

Mel
Sorry there were so many problems this week end. Do call the doctor about the scan.

Michelle
Sending good vibes, thoughts your way this week. Hope things work out for you.

Annie,
Did you get the gardening done this week end?
-----
Not much going on today. I was told the chemical truck would come sometime today. Glad it wan't this morning. We finally got some much needed rain. Lots of thunder and lightening during the night. Kept waking up to flashes of lightening.

MELODY525 05-07-2012 04:13 PM

http://cdn.hivehealthmedia.com/wp-co...od-100x100.jpg TODAY'S WEIGHT: 184.5 :cheer3:

I AM SO GLAD THAT I DECIDED TO TALK TO THE DR LAST MONTH AND HE WAS SUPPORTIVE OF TRYING AGAIN TO LOSE WEIGHT. WHEN I WAS SICK, SOMETHING PUT ME INTO THE LOSING MODE AGAIN AND I AM TAKING ADVANTAGE OF IT FOR AS LONG AS IT LASTS. I FELT ALL DAY LIKE I WAS WALKING ON CLOUDS :dance:

THE DAY FLEW BY. THE BOSS DIDN'T COME IN SO IT MADE MY DAY EVEN SHORTER. HANDE3D PAPERS TO THE NECESSARY PEEPS, DID 2 WASH LOADS, MAILED BILLS, CLEANED UP A BIT AND HAD JEN HELP ME REMAKE THE BED. WOULD YOU BELIEVE I FORGOT ABOUT MY HAND/ARM UNTIL I TRIED IT BY MYSLEF??? :crazy: I AM TELLING YOU ALL THAT IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE THE MEN IN WHITE COATS COME TO TAKE ME AWAY!! :lol3:

I REALLY HAD A GREAT DAY. STILL NO NEWS ON THE SCAN BUT HOPEFULLY SOON. BUT IT SEEMED NO ONE WANTED TO HEAR PROBLEMS ON A MONDAY. LOL

JEN AND I WILL GO SHOPPING FRIDAY. WE BOOKED A SEAT ON THE BUS THIS MORNING. WISH IT WAS TRADERS BUT........:dunno:

NOTHING ELSE IS NEW. HAD A GREAT LUNCH OF TURKEY BURGER ON A BED OF ROMAINE, THICK SLICES OF TOMATOE, A SQUIRT OF KETSUP AND RICE ON THE SIDE. :hun:
CAN YOU TELL I AM DETERMINED TO KEEP THE SCALE MOVING IF I CAN???:rofl: :rofl:

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.:cloud9: AND GOOD MORNING SHADDIE :sunny:

SHAD......I THINK IF YOU ARE THE ONE SPENDING THE MONEY FOR ALL THIS THEN IT SHOULD BE AN ANIMAL OF YOUR CHOICE!! IF I EVER HIT IT BIG THEN I WILL SAVE SOMETHING OVER HERE. :lol3: BUT IN THE MEANTIME I AM TOO POOR TO BE HELPING ANYONE INCLUDING ANIMALS. WELLLLLL.....EXCEPT FOR THE KIDS. MY KIDS THAT IS. I'M TOO BUSY DOING THAT ON AND OFF. HA!! WE HAVE SOME MEETINGS THIS WEEK AND I AM WONDERING IF NEXT WEEK WPULD SUIT YOU??? HOPING YOU WILL STILL BE HOME THEN....WAS THAT A DEFINITE???

LAURA.....I USED TO BUY ALL MY MAKEUP AT WALGREENS OR CVS. THEY USUALLY CARRY THE MATTE EYESHADOWS AND COVERGIRL USED TO HVE A LOT OF CHOICES. HAPPY HUNTING.....AND FOR CLOTHES TOO!!! :belly: ENJOY. I LIKE THE LAID BACK WEEKENDS TOO. IT'S GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!!:hug:
AND yes the rock heater thingy had a preset temp I think........ it was cheap ....like $29.99.

CEEJAY.....I THINK YOUR STORMS ARE ARRIVING HERE THIS WEEK. WE ARE GLOOMY AND RAINY ALL WEEK :cry: HOPE YOU GET TO DRY OUT. GLAD THE TRUCK DIDN'T GET THERE....GIVES YOUR POOR SINUSES A BREAK!!!:hug:

ceejay52 05-07-2012 05:26 PM

Mel
I'm so proud that you are in the weight loss mode again, and seeing results. I can't seem to get in the right frame of mind. Must be doing something right as my lab results are good. My weight flucutates 3 to 5 pounds each week.

1day@atime 05-07-2012 09:27 PM

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA... Had a crown come off last week, come to find out I have to have a root canal on that tooth. Started the process on wednesday and Thursday had a allergic reaction to the antibotics. The new antibotics are causing issues too... I'm so sensetive to medications. Anyway, work is getting better. Was able to focus and get some projects out.

Annie - Wow, send some photos of your garden. I haven't started my veggie garden, but I have planted flowers.

Laura - I like covergirl or Loreal. I use those brands on my eyes. I hope we get some rain. We were in a drought last year and this past Feb/March received lots of rain. It hasn't rain in over a month now.

Mel - way to go on the weight loss. Sorry you had to lose it while sick, but a loss is a loss. I'm sure that gives you the motivation to eat healthy.

Shad - sounds like your a busy bee with your gardent too. I just love roses and Gerbera diasy's and I can't seem to grow either one.

Ceejay - I hope the little white floaty things stayed away from you..

Michellez - I've been keeping DH in my prayers and will now pray for this job. Sending you good vibes..

Happy - Your raised garden sounds wonderful. Hope all you got was heavy rains. This weather is so unbelievable this year, makes me scared when I heard of severe weather. We need the rain, but only rain.

I hope I didn't miss anyone...

MELODY525 05-08-2012 09:30 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KJw4qPk8zN...S748/virgo.jpg

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
LOVELY CLOUDY MORNING.
GOING TO BE A RESTFUL ONE FOR ME. MAKING UP FOR THE WEEKEND.
SPENT TIME WITH JEN LAST NIGHT AND THEN GOT COZY WITH THE TV.
NOTHING NEW HERE. SILENCE REIGNS SUPREME SO FAR:beach:
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY :moped:

LAURA....YOU SNUCK UP ON ME IN SPARKS.
I HAD A GOOD LAUGH. MY MEMORY IS DEFINITELY GOING KAPUT!
I BELONG TO 2 CHALLENGES OVER THERE ONE FOR EXERCISE (Rivendell walk) AND
ONE FOR ACCOUNTABILITY ( May 1-31 buddy motivation challenge).
KEEPS ME MORE HONEST.:lol3:

CEEJAY.....I AM SURE THIS WEIGHTLOSS OF MINE IS A FLUKE FOR NOW. HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH RECOUPERATING I THINK. I USUALLY FLUCTUATE LIKE YOU DO BUT IN THE 190'S FOR ME.

PATTY....GOOD TO SEE THAT YOUR WORK IS CALMINGDOWN. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CROWN AND THE ROOT CANAL :cry: I HATE THOSE THINGS!!!!! HOPE YOUR MOUTH FEELS BETTER. I HAVE SIMILAR PROBS WITH MEDS TOO....WHAT DOESN'T KILL YA CAN CURE YA!!:rofl:

Laura705 05-08-2012 09:54 AM

Morning all.

Ceejay - I'll be glad when the thunderstorm season is over for doggy's sake.

Mel - LOL that you forgot about the bum hand/arm. Must mean it's getting better! If I decide to keep blogging, I'll probably be switching to Sparkpeople. Having some problems on this site and there are a lot of nice tools on SP too, and I need all the help I can get. See you over there. :)

Patty - Sorry to hear about the crown and the root canal!! Especially when complicated by sensitivity to the meds. Not the pain meds I hope!! Nice that work has let up a bit for you.

Hellos to the rest of you!
---
Did a BE workout and watched DWTS last night.

I know I put a cheese stick in my backpack this morning but darned if I can find it. Otherwise I have a container of yogurt w/ a date on it of 4/20/12...As Dirty Harry would say "Do I feel lucky?" LOL.

Weight is going the wrong way. Want to think it's me building muscle, but I know I'm eating way too much.

My e-mail is goofy after IT installed the dept mailbox yesterday, as it wasn't added when I received my new laptop. I might have to have more memory added. PITA.

That's about it for me.

ceejay52 05-08-2012 10:39 AM

I'm very angry right now at my bosses. They've accused me of overflowing one of the elevated tanks yesterday. There was no cause for it to do this unless it was a malfunction of the tank itself. I didn't run any of the pumps on hand. The tank was staying close to full yesterday due to the heavy rain. My boss/friend did tell me that the power blinked on that side of town yesterday. I'd wondered about that cause I had to reset my ADT recorder.I' m so glad that I keep notes pertaining to the plant monitoring system.

Sorry for the rant.

happy2bme 05-08-2012 11:28 AM

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't get her yesterday. Started doing some stuff and then DH suggested we go out and run some errands and before I know it, the day escaped me. I have picked up a few potted flowers here and there as we go about and decided that's going to be my flower "garden" this year. Pots on the deck. Easy to water and tend to and I don't have to worry about putting out good money only to find I have provided a tasty snack for the wildlife. I guess the deer like to chomp down pretty much anything that grows.

I also have to finish up the data entry for the museum - got one calendar done, should work on the other. And I have 2 library books I need to read. I thought I would have time to do all this stuff and the days are going as fast as when I was working!

Heard you talking about Sparkpeople. It's been a long time since I was there but it was a good website from what I remember. Will have to check it out. I think it's time to let go of my Weight Watchers subscription that I never use.

Ceejay - sorry to hear that they are giving you a hard time at work today. As you say, keep good notes - never know when you have to defend yourself.

Laura - I have found with the yogurt that as long as it's refrigerated properly, it lasts longer than a week past it's good by date. Unless it's separated and runny, I give it the sniff test. I think I've gone as far as 3 weeks past the date but I definitely chuck anything a month old. Better go digging for that cheese stick before you forget you had it in the bag :lol: DH was telling me this morning that he really enjoyed Dancing With the Stars last night. Said this is the best season ever. I'd still rather watch the Food Network :lol:

Mel - glad things were quiet for you. CONGRATS on moving that scale down :yay: I know how hard you have to work to get it to nudge even a bit so good for you! Just watch where you fling those pounds as it seems they come out our way :lol: Keep up the good work.

Patty - sorry to hear about the tooth problems. That is really a pain when you are sensitive to antibiotics - as much hassle as being sensitive to foods. Really limits the treatments and recovery. Hope you are feeling better. Yes, the weather has been crazy everywhere, I'm glad we are not in the path of the tornadoes and such although I have heard even up here we can get them.

Shad - not sure who to recommend for your donations - if it were me I'd find one or two local animal rescue organizations. God bless these people who go in and find these abandoned or mistreated animals. I agree with you about supporting the animals over the humans as unpopular a stance as that might be. :shrug: ;)

Michelle- still sending good thoughts that things work out in your favor :hug:

Annie - hope Sissy getting over being mad and realizing what a great Mom she has in you :hug:

DH is working hard on the garden - I should be out there helping him but I really need to be working in here. :(

So I'd better get off the computer and get busy. Later chicks.