3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   May - Madness or mellowness (Meliness) for the Worldly chicks. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/258089-may-madness-mellowness-meliness-worldly-chicks.html)

Shad 04-30-2012 11:49 PM

May - Madness or mellowness (Meliness) for the Worldly chicks.

There you go. It is May. My how the year is flying by. Only about 3.5months to Grandmotherhood.

For the old stuff click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ie-chicks.html and don't post there anymore.

MELODY525 05-01-2012 07:46 AM

http://pics.livejournal.com/misssylv...e/pic/001s221e

HAPPY FIRST OF MAY!!
HERE'S TO A GREAT MONTH FOR THE WORLDLY CHICKS:cheers:

Thanks Shad for making the new thread:hug:
By the time we get to chat, I'll have a book to tell you!!!!
Hope your day is better. Tired of the crap too. :rofl
YES!!!! Grandmotherhood wiill soon be upon us:bb:

MELODY525 05-01-2012 07:52 AM

HAPPY......I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT MOM. I HOPE EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT AND SHE'LL BE FEELING BETTER SOON.
SOMEHOW I MISSED ALL OF THIS LAST NIGHT WHEN I SKIMMED THE POSTS.
GUESS I WAS MORE TIRED THAN I WANTED TO ADMIT.
SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS OUT TO YOU & MOM :hug: :yoga:

diyana 05-01-2012 08:32 AM

Hello ladies -

Sorry for being so absent...as Shad said, I'm definitely on a hamster wheel both at home and at work. And I'll be working late today, and then I have to finish up the tidying for DMIL's arrival tomorrow.

I don't even have much time to post this morning as I have to try and figure out some questions to ask mentors. I am meeting with my "business knowledge" mentor at 9, and my "technical" mentor at 2, and I haven't a clue how to start the discussion. :faint: Guess it's time to start Googling.

Happy - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope everything gets stabilized soon. :hug:

I hope everyone else is doing well. I'll try and get caught up on personals soon.

Much love,

annie175 05-01-2012 10:15 AM

May Day...May Day...May 1st...dance around the May pole!!

I made through Friday. It was the two year mark for momma's passing. I only sniffled once but had a worse time of it last night, was kind of bumming about it. Guess it was because of watching the movie Grease and wishing for more time with people and missing out on so many things in life....I know look forward not back. The future is where it is at!!

Got an appt to get hair cut tomorrow nite, then need to have sissy color it. I love getting my hair cut and hair washed. They just don't wash it long enough....guess it is not really a massage. lol

I go back on June 20th for removal of the cancerous causing polyp. I am not excited about going through the prep again. As a matter of fact I am dreading it. I think I may camp out in the bathroom that night just in case I don't make it to the toitie again.

I am a fat pig. I am up to 178. My clothes hardly fit. My jeans nearly cut me in half. I quit drinking alcohol. I need to move more. I read that when you watch TV and get up on commercials and march in place you lose weight. I hardly watch TV and I do chores on commercials when I do watch. Guess that doesn't work for me. I need to cut my portions in half. I am in a size 8 to 10 now up from a 4 to 6. Thank God I am tall. My mind is getting into that mindset of not wanting to do anything or see anyone because I am over weight. Motivation, motivation, motivation. NEED SOME!! I am trying to drink more water also, doing slightly better on that. SOSDD...same old sh*t different day...eat less, move more.

CHELLE...so sorry to hear the idiots do not recognize great talent when they see it. Eventually the hamster does get off the wheel in better shape! Do your best and you know the ole saying....EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.

HAPPY...my heart is with you about your momma. It is hard to see our parent's deteriorating. I don't know what to say but giving you a huge hug sweet sister.

MELLIE...Don't get all caught up in the office and forget about taking care of you. If you start feeling run down or tired. Head home to take a nappy poo. We cannot have you sick again. YOU YOU YOU...remember that.

CEEG...sorry your visit was a little hectic. Next time will be better.

LAURA....is now the exercise queen! Good for you.

SHADDIE...I understand about it being only morning and not good. Hope they listen to you, do what the need to do, and quit muffling around.

Better get busy...lots to do and little time to do it in.

Loves and hugs.

Laura705 05-01-2012 10:50 AM

Morning all. On a rush-rush to get some information out today, but I'm waiting to confirm what data is needed before I start working on it.

Had a nice enough day off yesterday. Got roped into taking doggy for his injection yesterday morning, but that was just a quick trip. Before that was just some tea and newspaper reading.

After that I went to Ikea to buy another rubber bath mat. Of course they didn't have the same color that I bought last time - a couple years ago now. Live and learn - should have bought two of them at the time. But I guess we'll be able to live with the other color. I like actual colors better than the usual white ones sold elsewhere. I also bought a vase, so I'm ready for whenever my peonies decide to bloom. :) Also bought a couple inexpensive rubber-backed rugs for 3-season room. Like a dufus I removed the ones that were out there thinking I would get to the laundromat soon to wash them and doggy has slipped a couple times on the bare floor when he dashes into the house from the yard. Guess I'm a bad dog mommy!!

Stopped at Lands End after Ikea, but bought nothing. Happy, you mentioned Talbots and we do have an outlet store not too far from us (in Park Ridge) that I visit once or twice a year. I'll have to get back there sometime soon. Wearing a pair of slacks from there right now.

I wanted to get to the thrift store near the house yesterday, but time did not permit. I had my massage at 4 pm and it was pretty good. The person who did it was not as good as the person I've have a couple times in the past (she's not at that location anymore), but it was still nice because my arms and hamstrings were pretty sore from my Sunday workout. Next time I will try a hot stone massage.

Then there was dinner, then a dog walk, then DWTS. They now have these team dances in addition to the individual ones, and they are so over the top. ...though I did like the shirtless male part of the one team's routine, lol. :o
===
Shad - Thanks for setting up the new thread. Yeh, I can't believe how quickly the year is going by! Of course with my day off yesterday, it totally slipped my mind to put my May train ticket in my purse (it comes in the mail). A kind soul on the train offered me a punch on her 10-ride ticket amd I accepted. I'll probably buy a 10-ride ticket and use it for my ride home tonight (and for the next time I forget my monthly), and hopefully someday soon I will pay that kindness forward.

Mel - Thank you for posting the Maypole graphic! That reminds me of the sitcom "The Odd Couple". One of the scenes in the opening of the show is Felix and Oscar at a May Day celebration in the park (Central Park?) - you can see a Maypole in the background. :)

Michelle - I hope your meetings with the mentors go well today. So tomorrow DMIL returns! It'll be so nice to have her with you once again. :yes:

Ceejay - Glad to hear the bronchitis is getting better. Would using a humidifier make it better or worse? Guess the doc would know best. Did you catch up w/ your aunt & uncle?

Happy - I hope your mom is back home or with your sister and feeling better now. Yeh, no followup didn't seem wise on her doc's part... a stroke would be horrible.

Hellos to Annie, Mary & Patty!! Hope to see you checking in soon!

TTFN!

Laura705 05-01-2012 11:12 AM

Annie - Can't help looking back...hopefully in time it will be to revisit good memories. You're right, looking back and having regrets is not productive! Love love love it when the shampoo person at the salon will give me a little scalp massage! :love: :D Re moving more - once the weather is nicer you can get back out for those lunchtime walks right? I used to exercise during commercials, but now we DVR most of our shows and so there are no more commercial breaks!! I definitely need to up my water intake. Ever since the lid of my favorite water cup broke, I've been using a smaller cup and not been refilling it enough. Been looking around for a new one, but there aren't any like my old one. Boo. Anyway, I'm not nearly tall enough for my weight, and coming from the high 180's perspective, 178 sounds pretty good. And I know I said no regrets, but I sure wish I worked to maintain way back before my weight became a significant issue - don't we all!!

happy2bme 05-01-2012 11:37 AM

Good morning ladies,

As Bob Seger would say - Turn the Page ... another month roles around the corner. This marks 6 months since I stopped working and means my severance benefits have ended :( First up is to call and change the health insurance. That's going to be a hassle. We're also supposed to get some potentially strong thunderstorms this afternoon and I need a few things from the grocery store so I'd better get a move on.

My Mom is still in the hospital - might be there a few days. My sister said she is the healthiest one in the hospital :lol: She is in good spirits and an ideal patient but is understandably bored and eager to get out of there. The problem right now is that her heartbeat races when she does anything other than just sit quietly. I think they want that under control before she gets her walking papers.

Shad - thanks for setting up the new thread. I like the title :D Sorry to see from your FB post that the day has taken a turn for the worst. Hope you only have an hour left in the work day so that you don't have to suffer for too long. You're good at preparing so I think you can put off until there is only .5 months left to think about the Grandmotherhood :lol:

Laura - we got a hot stone massage when we went up to the Ozarks. It really helped DH and his back so I ordered some river rock and massage oil and if he's a good boy he will occasionally get a massage from me. :lol: I actually just found my stones - I used a very old electric fry pan with crock pot insert to heat the stones and was very happy to see they made the move intact and did not destroy my crock insert. You can probably get a set of rocks and oil for less than the cost of a hot stone massage. Hint to BF ;) ;) ;) :lol: That was nice of someone to help you out with a train fare. Used to be that the first of the month they would let you ride in with the previous month's monthly ticket so that you could buy a new one at the train station but I think they did away with that practice once they started the ticket by mail program. And finally much to DH's frustration, I find that when I really, really like something (like a particular spoon type of silicone spatula), I will sometimes buy 2 just to have a spare - especially if it's something I think I will never find again. :lol: I am still hunting down a second pair of black capri modal fabric pj pants that I found at Kohls and loved to shreds :rofl: So buy wisely ;)

Annie - I can't believe it's been 2 years already for your Mom :hug: And it sounds like you are coming to terms with it - can't say there will EVER be a day you don't think of her with a tear in the eye. As for your polyp, can't you ask the doc or the pharmacist for a prep kit that might not be so terribly harsh on your system? I hear you on the weight thing - my sister was complaining of the same thing. I know you run like a woman possessed from sun up to sun down but sometimes they say while that helps from gaining too much - it also is not enough to turn the scale down. I guess if you find yourself at a point you are not happy with, the only answer is counting calories WHICH I HATE :lol: I will agree tho we probably take in more than we realize. I hope you can find something that works for you as I know how frustrating that can be. Perhaps a lunchtime walk if you get to take a lunch break?

Michelle - hope your 9am meeting went well. About all I can suggest is to ask them what they think the company values in skills and knowledge nowadays. Keep them talking and listen for suble clues. I can indeed vouch for the fact that oftentimes what we think as common sense as important is not what the company views as such. I do hope they are of some help to you. :hug:

Mellie - a whole month to honor you - how nice! :dance: I'm loving your May pole today. Sounds like you are still a bit tired and in need of an easy day. Let it be so or bop them offenders with your May pole :rofl:

Ceejay - I found that a warm air vaporizer helped me when I was wheezy. Cold air humidifer just made me more sick. Hope you feel better.

I think I'd better get off this computer as the gray clouds are moving in and I don't want to be caught out in heavy rain. Later chicks...

happy2bme 05-01-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura705 (Post 4315741)
I sure wish I worked to maintain way back before my weight became a significant issue - don't we all!!

couldn't agree with you more Laura

DH got the treadmill set up in the 3rd bay of the garage. But the paper with the sequence code to start the thing is no where to be found so... that will be an adventure.

ceejay52 05-01-2012 12:43 PM

Shad
Thanks for bringing us into May. I can't believe that this year is flying by so fast. Are you gettiing excited to see the grandbaby?

Laura
Sounds lke you had a good shopping day. I'm beginning to like to shop by myself. When I'm with friend's or my aunt I have a tendency to go with the flow. My warm air humidifier is doing wonders as it keeps my throat from drying out to much. I'm supposed to be using it all the time.

Happy
Hope your mom is doing better. Wish that the doctor had made her a follow up appointment. Those fast heartbeats can be scary especially at night when they wake you out of a deep sleep.

Michelle,
Good luck with the meetings. I'd like to know how those turned out too.
I'm looking forward to see what you have planned with dmil.

Annie
How's that little boy doing? I need to get my hair cut again. But the hairdressers drown me. Think I'm to short. Therefore, I don't like to get my hair washed.

Mel
I'm taking a do nothing day on Thursday. Want to join me?

-------
Nothing new here. I've got the reports ready to go for the month of April and will take them over to the boss after lunch. I want to double check some errors I found on the copies but I think I've already found them on the orignals.
Must be feeling better as I rode the bike for 15 minutes last night but I did cough a bunch too.
I'm not coughing as deep or long as I have been. I'm on the road to recovery.

Shad 05-01-2012 07:33 PM

Morning all,

Michelle - these mentors, are they sent to you by the business or are they people you have picked? Keep it simple. Ask them to explain the business processes that you are evidently not meeting according to the bigwigs and then ensure you have the company policy correct. If the company picked your mentor, who's to say that they are going to give you the good oil - do they know what the good oil is in the first place. See if you can find the policies on the intranet. Staff behaviour and expectations should be set out there.
I might start by doing this before the meeting so you can show that you have initiative. Mel - Chat. I will be home Friday night and not late either. So do you want to chat on my Saturday, your Friday arvo or my Sunday morning, your Saturday arvo. Or are things still humming over there?

Annie - I found with the death of my parents that it took around two years to 'get over it'. You never actually get over it, but as time goes along, you remember the good years and the fun things more than the actual passing. At first all you want to do is talk about them. Then there is the guilt factor - in my case it was - if I had been there then I might have been able to save him - probably not true but I believed it at the time. Even worse, Dad's death sent my Mum into a downward spiral of dementia and I felt guilty about that as well.
You have a bright future to look forward to - grandkids etc. and a wedding for the DS and another for yourself. I'm sure you won't forget Mum but will start to think of the good things now rather than the loss.
I don't think you can say you are fat, you have a good 6 or 7 inches on me and I weigh about the same at the moment. Really do have to do something about that.

Laura - colours for houses never stay the same more than 1 year along. It's like fashion, they'd love us to redecorate every year.
Hope you got all your info lined up. I'm just correcting a whole lot of rubbish that someone wrote at the moment. It's not the writing that is wrong, it is the content. Fair go.
What a nice person to give you a ride on the train off their ticket. There is good in the world. I like to hear about random acts of kindness.

Happy - nice to hear that Mum is taking notice and being the health germ around the place. She needs to be stablised before she comes home, you are right. How old is she again. In her eighties if I remember. She has done very well to be independent for so long.
Here I am dealing with people who haven't moved with the times, who really don't think that life will be much different with SAP. WRONG. I had to bully the Inventory man into cataloguing some items that are actually critical spare parts. Bah humbug. Poor man will wish he had retired pre SAP soon.

Ceejay - Baby will arrive when baby decides to arrive. I am sort of looking forward to this but I have a lot of things to do before baby arrives and I maybe will have to take some time off to get those things done. I might have to go shopping for some bits soon. DS1 tells me they have purchased the stroller thingy so I should work out what else they may need as well. A phone call is in order I think.
Hope you got the reports sorted in the right order.

Okay - so time is now such that I need a cup of tea and I need to get on with some work. So saying I had better go and do this thing. Catch you later

Shad 05-01-2012 09:23 PM

Fair enough???
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226344513011

happy2bme 05-02-2012 02:14 AM

$1000 fine? Why not release the blokes into the shark infested waters = they might make a nice pickled appetizer. Poor Dirk - what a frightful experience - glad he's ok. Stupid humans.

annie175 05-02-2012 08:23 AM

Holy Cr*p Shad...I agree with HAPPY. Do unto others..is my philosophy. Poor lil Dirk, scared to death, probably hungry too. Makes me sad.

Will come back later, have to produce some slicks for an enrollment this afternoon. Also giving blood, or trying to at 9.

Hugs

MELODY525 05-02-2012 08:25 AM

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.
OUR WORLDLY MONTHS ARE SPEEDING BY.
NOTHING NEW SINCE YESTERDAY.
JUST THE USUAL CRAPOLA.:rofl:
I DID CALL MY BOSS THOUGH LAST NIGHT.
TOLD HER THE NEW TENANT IS BECOMING A PAIN ALREADY.
SHE IS YOUNGER, 40'S, BUT SICKLY, DIALYSIS, AND EXTREMELY NEEDY!!!!
I AM NOT HER PERSONAL CAREGIVER OR SUPERINTENDANT.
THE MORE I TRY TO CUT BACK THE MORE STUFF LIKE THIS IS HAPPENING. WTF!
I AM STILL HAVING SOME PROBS WITH MY RIGHT ARM.
BUT I AM GOING TO TRADER JOE'S TOMOOROW WITH OR WITHOUT IT! :lol3:
HAVE A SUPER DAY :moped:

MICHELLE.....GOOD LUCK WITH THE MENTORS. WE'LL BE SENDING YOU GOOD VIBES :crossed:

ANNIE....IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE 2 YEARS HAVE GONE BY ALREADY.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY IN HEAVEN MOM :angel:
MY BABY BROTHER & I HAD BIRTHDAYS IN MARCH AND HE PASSED AWAY IN MARCH. SO I HAVE A SNIFFLE EVERY YEAR. DON'T BE HARD ON YOURSELF. WE'RE ALLOWED TO THINK OF THEM. :hug:
PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR POLYP REMOVAL AND FOR GOOD RESULTS!:hug:

LAURA......I CAN JUST SEE COAL DOING THE SLIDING THING ON THE FLOOR. Weeeeeee!
GLAD THE MASSAGE WAS GOOD. I GAVE THE KIDS A CHEAP HOT ROCKS "COOKER" FOR THEIR "ANNIVERSARY" LONG AGO.
THEY LOVED IT.
I USED TO WATCH FELIX & OSCAR BUT DON'T REMEMBER THAT PART.
JUST THE THOUGHT OF AS MAYPOLE MAKES ME HAPPY...THAT AND MERRY-GO-ROUNDS:dance:

HAPPY....I AM GLAD MOM IS THE HEALTHIEST ONE IN THE HOSPITAL.
HOPING THEY GET THE HEARTRATE DOWN. I WONDER WHAT CAUSES THAT??
I CAN SEE MOM SITTING THERE THINKING OF A GAZILLION THINGS SHE COULD BE DOING AT HOME! :hug:
HOPE YOU MADE IT TO THE STORE BEFORE YOU GOT DRENCHED:rain:

CEEJAY....VERY HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY.
THAT COUGHING BUSINESS CANNOT BE ANY FUN AT ALL.
GOOD FOR YOU GETTING THE EXERCISE THOUGH. GOOD FOR THE LUNGS TOO.
HOPE THE REPORTS WENT WELL AND YOU FOUND EVERYTHING.

SHAD....I THINK MY FRIDAY ARVO MIGHT BE BETTER.
IT'S HARD TO PICK ONE CAUSE FOR SOME REASON THINGS SEEM OUT OF WHACK HERE.:rofl:
BUT I CAN GIVE IT MY BEST SHOT!! :rofl:
WHEN I HAD TO LEAVE THE APARTM,ENT LAST TIME, I UNPLUGGED THE PHONE SO YOU WOULDN'T GET THE ANS. MACHINE.
IF ANYTHING GES WRONG, I'LL DO IT AGAIN.
SUPPOSEDLY NOTHING IS SCHEDULED FOR THIS WEEKEND EXCEPOT EMERGENCIES.:crossed: