3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   May - Madness or mellowness (Meliness) for the Worldly chicks. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/258089-may-madness-mellowness-meliness-worldly-chicks.html)

diyana 05-08-2012 11:46 AM

Hi everyone -

Just a quick check in....John's in the hospital having an angiogram procedure done (actually, he should be out of the procedure and in recovery now), where they thread a catheter up through the femoral artery in the groin and see if there are any blockages in any of the arteries. They are also going to check the veins to see if he has pulmonary hypertension. The cardiologist doesn't think John has any heart issues (of course today's procedure will confirm that), but all the docs are concerned that John is still very weak, tired and short of breath all the time.

As for me, I'm at work, trying to stay focused. From 2-3, I have my meeting with my director to receive my improvement plan. I'm hoping that it will be realistic and achievable. No phone calls yet from the other company, but my fingers are crossed :crossed: and I'm praying.

Oh, and I'm coming down with a sore throat that I hope doesn't turn into a respiratory infection...can't be all the stress I've been under running my immune system down now can it? Nah. Stress? What stress? :rofl: :rofl:

I hope you're all doing well.

Much love to all,

Shad 05-08-2012 05:32 PM

Working from home today because the man is coming to fix the Foxtel. He is supposed to be here between 2 and 5pm. Who is going to lay bets on the exact time???

Michelle - I hope John is okay now and they didn't find too much wrong but manage to help the breathing easier. He has been in this place for far too long now.
:crossed: for the new job.

Happy - you are beginning to sound like Ruthxxx - retired and busier than ever. Hope the calendar is going okay and you will be finished by whatever deadline required.
Pots on the verandah sound nice.

Ceejay - rant away. We can take it. It bugs me that these bosses can toss out the blame when they don't even have all the salient facts.

Laura - hope you find the cheese stick before it melts over the bag. Then you will find it fairly fast. Bugs me that all bags now seem to have a black interior. It is just about impossible to find anything in there without a bright light or tipping it upside down.

Mel - good to hear that it is quiet in your world. That makes a change. Hope you haven't spoken too soon.
Oh yes. I will be here this week and next week. Then it is away to the mines for probably most of June and July. I may not even be home some weekends. So we need to talk shortly.

Patty - good to hear from you. Yep need to get the garden in some sort of shape before I go away again. Don't know that I will plant many veges until I get my itinerary since I may not be home for weekends that often.
Hope the tooth is feeling better today.

Right, time to shower and get on with my day. Will need to get in touch with the hairdresser and see if I can get the wool shorn AGAIN.

annie175 05-08-2012 09:07 PM

Work puter is a piece of poo. Getting a new laptop tomorrow. Couldn't access anything so the past two days at work have been useless.

This puter sucks also. We are thinking of get a new laptop. Heck I don't know.

CHELLE..hope you and John are doing much better. Yikes on the weakness of John, but sometimes those pesky respitory illness take a long time to recoup. You take care of you and get some meds before it gets to far gone.

Hello to all you girliesl Things are a lil better with the Sam..time will tell.

Got a little more trimming to do yet. Pattie...will get pix of the garden, haven't planted yet. Just getting the ground in shape for planting right now. Maybe in the next few days or this weekend.

Sleep well all/have a wonderful day Shaddie.

Love and hugs.

1day@atime 05-08-2012 09:34 PM

Hello Ladies,

One of my new goals is to get in the office early and get out on time. So far so good. Cold front came through this morning, it's 69, cloudy and cool. I won't complain, last week it was in the 80's and humid. Back yard is shaping up, I should be ready to host Mother's Day BBQ at my house. I wanted to get some new bright cushions, but I just can't see spending $ 50.00 on a loveseat cushion & 25 each on chair cushions. I guess the ones I have will do. Oh, the temporary crown came off again. Going back to dentist in the AM, this time I am demanding a New temporary and not glueing this one.

Michellez - I'm keeping John in prayer. I pray that you all get good news. Keeping you in prayers too regarding work plan and new job. I know that can be so stressful. I have a new Director, so curious to see what my mid-year review will look like.

Shad - what is a foxtel? He'll probably call at 3:30pm to tell ya he will be there at 4pm..

Happy - Keeping busy is a good thing! My mother is 80, she goes line dancing twice a week, keeps house, cooks for her and my dad. I see her and I think the KEY is staying busy. I am with you on watching Food Network vs Dancing w/Stars. What is your favorite program?

Annie - new puter is good.. be sure and back up what you have.

Ceejay - oh, that would of really gotten me mad. I hope you can show all the backup and prove to them it wasn't you.

Laura - What is a BE workout? My numbers too are going the wrong way.. I know mine are too many calories in and not burning enough.

Mel - I hope your had a restful day.

Shad 05-08-2012 11:06 PM

Help - he arrived at 1.00pm. No phone call to check whether I would be here or not. Just arrive at the gate.

MELODY525 05-09-2012 07:51 AM

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...33bd606ho3.jpg

MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD

THE DR CALLED LAST NIGHT AND WANTS TO COME FOR THE MONTHYLY CHECK UP TODAY. NEED TO JUMP IN THE SHOWER AND GET DRESSED.
HE NEVER GIVES A TIME....JUST A DATE :faint:
THAT WILL KEEP ME OUT OF THE OFFICE ANOTHER DAY!:rofl:
NOTHING REALLY NEW HERE. JUST A QUIET DAY AND I WAS HAPPY.
HOPE YOU ALL HVE A GREAT DAY:moped:

CEEJAY....I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ACCUSATIONS.
HOPE IT'S ALL STRAIGHTENED OUT BY NOW.
GOOD THING YOU TAKE GOOD NOTES AND ARE AN HONEST EMPLOYEE:hug:
DON'T LET IT RUIN THE WEEK. FIND A CALM PLACE IN YOUR MOND AND GO THERE :yoga:

HAPPY.....I CAN JUST SEE THE DEER MARCHING UP TO THE PORCH FOR DINNER.
EACH POT WILL BE A DIFFERENT COURSE!!:lol3:
THERE ARE PLANTS THAT WILL REPEL THE DEER OR SO I HAVE HEARD ON TV GARDENING PROGRAMS.
I THINK THE POTS ARE A GREAT IDEA FOR YOUR FIRST SUMMER.
YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO DO WITH THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW. GOOD CHOICE:hug:

MICHELLE...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE JOHN AND THE SORE THROAT TOO.
HOPE BOTH OF YOU ARE DOINGBETTER TODAY.
KEEP US POSTED ON JOHN'S TESTS.
SENDING PRAYERS YOUR WAY FPOR THE MEETING AND PLAN.
PLEASE GOD LET IT BE REALISITIC!!:angel:

SHAD.....HOW DID THE FOXTEL REPAIR GO? AND WHAT IS A FOXTEL?? PHONE LINE?
YES I AM WORKING ON A DATE....I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT YESTERDAY BUT I AM WAITINGFOR THE INS COMPANY TO CALL AND THE DR'S OFFICE TO STRAIGHTEN THIS OUT WITH MY SCAN.
THIS FRIDAY ARVO (MINE) MIGHT BE A GOOD ONE. ya think?
PART 2: SO HE CAME EARLY?!?!?! ROFL
I BETTER GET SHOWERED...MAYBE THE DR WILL DO THAT TO ME ALSO!!!

ANNIE....GLAD THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER WITH SAM.
SENDING YOU A HUG:hug: HAPPY GARDENING!!

PATTY.......I AM GLAD TO SEE YOU CAN MANAGE YOUR TIME AT WORK BETTER.
LIFE AND TIME OFF IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH :hug:
HOPE THE CROWN STAYS ON...ESPECIALLY OVER THE WEEKEND!!
HAVE A NICE BBQ FOR MOTHER'S DAY. :hun:
COLORFUL CUSHIONS WOULD BE LOVELY BUT EVERYTHING IS SO EXPENSIVE NOW. SAD REALLY.

diyana 05-09-2012 10:11 AM

Hi everyone -

My meeting yesterday went pretty much as expected. They're trying to get me out...and there's not much I can do. I'll go above and beyond what they ask though...and see what happens, all the while keeping my options open.

John's test came out PERFECTLY! He's got a clean bill of health in terms of his heart. Now hopefully his lungs will heal soon so he can start enjoying life again.

Much love to all,
Michelle

Laura705 05-09-2012 10:43 AM

Morning all.

Michelle – Glad dh’s tests went well yesterday. So long for him to have breathing problems and weakness – that lung illness really did a job on him!! I hope that your sore throat doesn’t lead to anything nasty for you – you two have had enough!! Sorry the improvement plan is a farce. Still praying and :crossed: re that other opportunity.

Shad – Hope the Foxtel is back in good working order. I guess it’s good that he arrived early so that you weren’t tied to the house for the rest of the day – good thing you were home!! My backpack actually has a silver lining (ha, that sounds funny), and so do two of my purses (identical style, one black, one brown). What a difference it makes!

Ceejay – I hope the bosses have the real story now and they know you’re not at blame. I’d be angry as heck too!

Happy – Pots on the deck sound convenient, and you have all the years ahead to plant flower beds. I’m lucky that the house we bought already had a lot of perennials (peonies, phlox, daylilies, daffodils) and so I just do some pots around the patio and that’s enough for me. I guess my interest in gardening is limited to the armchair and observer levels. :D

Mel – Another quiet day – good for you. Hope the doc visit goes well. Have a good market trip tomorrow. Love the graphic today! :)

Patty – My mom in MO has had some temps in the 80’s too – pretty warm for May!! Hope you have good weather for your Mother’s Day BBQ. I’m always surprised by the price of decorative pillows and cushions, but I shouldn’t be. When I think I can do it DIY for less $$, by the time the cost of the fabric and other materials are figured, it’s not that much less. And we have to consider the fact that the fabric used for the outdoor furniture has to be sturdy to stand up to the sun and weather...I hope the new temp crown fits better and stays in place! BE is Body Electric, and it’s an exercise show with Margaret Richard as the host. Its focus is strength training. It's shown on PBS. Although I love the show, it’s been in a sort of decline the past several years and fewer PBS stations air it because new series of shows have not been produced in many years. Obtaining funding for new shows is difficult, and I understand that production is now more expensive due to the need to close-caption the shows. I like the show because you can make most of the moves as challenging as you need to through the use of hand/ankle weights. I've recorded a lot of the shows and saved them to dvd's.

Annie – I heartily agree - computers can be a real PITA. My e-mail was all goofy yesterday and the issue finally got resolved around mid-afternoon – what a waste of most of the day. Glad things are going somewhere with dd.

===
So the cheese stick didn’t turn up yesterday. Unsolved mystery, lol. The yogurt didn’t cause any problems and tasted alright. I took the peach flavor (the older container, lol) and I don’t care much for peach. I don’t care much for fruit on the bottom period – too sweet – so I just leave it there. Lately I’ve just bought vanilla and added fruit or crunchy cereal to it. This was a store brand of a Greek-style yogurt. I suppose I’d try the Greek kind again, but not peach.

So as I mentioned to Annie – yesterday was sort of unproductive due to the e-mail problem, grrr. Today will be better!

I did one BE show last night (triceps, inner & outer thighs, and quads) and afterwards 50 ab crunches on the ball.

Tonight I’m going to the movies (day changed this week). We’re seeing “The Five Year Engagement”, which is supposed to be a good romantic comedy (for a change).

That’s about it for me. Oh, except to tell you that now I really need to buy some new eyeshadow. The lid of my current one came off (it had been broken and no, I didn’t bother to rubber-band it) and so a large chunk of cream-colored shadow got gouged out and made a mess of my makeup bag. Spent a large amount of my train commute wiping down the bag and everything in it – thank goodness for wet wipes! (That shadow is now in the garbage.)

Now I'm done. Have a great day/evening everyone! :flow1:

happy2bme 05-09-2012 12:06 PM

Good morning all,

The little butterflies have found my potted flowers this morning and are dancing all over them. DH tried to get a picture but the wind is blowing the flowers which blurs them and the butterflies don't sit too long in any one spot. But it's pretty neat looking. Yesterday I was sitting on the couch and watching the bunny races. We have a pair of bunnies that were chasing each other back and forth across the yard. DH said they were doing this all day long while he was out there. I know from previous experience this is their courtship ritual. I've noticed as we drive around that things are greening up and some of the flowering trees are budding so there's bits of color here and there. Spring is in the air up north. It's going to be pretty nice for the upcoming week - I sure hope the weather holds up for my family's visit in a week and a half. It's much nicer when it's sunny and dry out :D

Laura - that's wierd about the cheese stick gone missing. I agree with you on the peach yogurt - I like it in a smoothie but not a fan of eating it alone. If you get plain Greek yogurt and mix it with fruit or granola on your own, you cut out a ton of sugar. Ugh on the broken eye shadow case. I have some of the BareEssentials mineral makeup and it seems that the covers crack over time so I've got several in my vanity drawer instead of my makeup case because that stuff's too expensive to find opened and spilled all over :lol: Hope you find another eye shadow you like. I go by color more than being loyal to one particular brand.

Michelle - so glad to hear that DH's heart is ok. He's been sick for so long, how frustrating that they can't find the source and treat it by now. I'm very sorry to hear that they are pushing you out the door at work. :hug: Certainly not what you need with all the other stressors you have going on in your life right now. It's so frustrating when you are a good worker, give them your all and it doesn't really matter. Perhaps as we used to joke at my old place - you need pictures AND video of certain people to hang on to your job - at least that's how we explained those who were basically useless who continued to not only keep their manager jobs but get a bonus to boot. I hope something comes through for you soon.

Mel - hope you got a good bill of health from the doctor. He has to be pleased that you are losing some weight and you have to be less stressed avoiding the office as much as possible and pushing back when they try to take advantage of you. You are right about the deer repellant flowers - not so much of a repellant as much as the critters don't find them tasty. There's alot of hungry creatures out here who would make fast work of an easy meal wherever they can get it. Between living in a cold zone / short growing season and the deer - it really limits what we can grow here. Maybe I can just go to the craft store and get some silk flowers artfully arranged :rofl:

You ladies talked about daffodils which are in full bloom in spots here. They look so pretty with the pink flowering trees. I saw a few tulips but not many and the ones I did see were kind of sad looking.

Patty - you are so right about the lawn cushions. We should replace ours also but it's like buying lawn furniture all over again. :yikes: Best time to get them is end of season closeout sales but then you take the risk that things are mismatched or don't have all the pieces you need. So you are hosting Mother's Day? A BBQ sounds like fun, especially if everyone brings a dish along. I totally agree with you that staying active in your senior years is what keeps people more healthy. My Mom and her sister are living proof of that. As for the Food Network, right now my guilty pleasure is the show "Chopped". Not sure why, I don't really learn any cooking lessons from it and I was thinking last night, I have to look at shows that will teach me techniques now that we are too far away to take cooking classes.

Annie - hope the new computer goes smoothly. Getting a new laptop is a good idea but eventually those bog down too or maybe it's just that you get used to them being faster and eventually they seem to slow down. Sounds like you are a bit tired - maybe you and Curtis should plan something fun for the upcoming holiday weekend. Something more fun than digging up the garden.

Shad - Foxtel??? - ahhh the cable people :lol: Yes, they are pretty independent and you are at their mercy. Hopefully they took care of whatever you called them for. Sounds like you will be doing more travelling for work in the upcoming months. Why would you be away for longer bouts - are you going farther out?

Ceejay - hope things have calmed down at work and they realize they spoke out of turn. How's the bronchitis?

Time for me to get on with the day. Have a good one chicks. :wave:

ceejay52 05-09-2012 04:23 PM

I think the bosses like to ruffle my feathers. Then they are shocked to see all the notes I have and say nothing else about it. I've calmed down.

Happy
Bronchitis is gone except for some stuff still in my throat. This too will pass. I need to get busy and get some potted plants. I like petunia's. I've been eyeing an orchid at Walmart's.
I like watching the hummbing birds and butterflies.

Michelle
Glad to hear that dh's test came back good. Reminds me that I need to schedule another stress test and ekg. Still sending you good vibes.

Laura
Did you find that missing cheese stick? Good job on the BE work outs.

Mel
Did the doctor come today?

Patty
Mother's day BBQ sounds like a winner. I'm going to miss being at my aunt's on mother's day as I have to work.

Annie
Ouch on the computer taking a dive. How much more gardening will you do before putting in the plants?

annie175 05-09-2012 09:11 PM

Evening all...

Well my puter at work was not the problem. The new laptop had the same issues accessing just about anything. Come to find out about half the office has the same problems. I was the only one to call and report an issue until today. That is why I.T. decided it was my laptop. BTW...our I.T. department is in Greenbay. This is all done by remote access by a puter geek and the phone. It is our network in the office causing all the trouble...what are they going to do to fix it...probably nuttin much. We are the red headed step children of Humana's entire corporation.

Going to try to get the garden in this weekend. Got to get the plants first, already have the seeds for some of it.

Chelle...just keep doing your best and then when the time comes you can know you did your best and the heck with them. Hugs and prayers sister. Very glad DH got the good health on the heart...now let's get him healthy and don't forget to take care of you.

Ceeg...bosses at work just pee me off sometimes. I was to shout and choke them. Good for you watching your own back by taking notes.

Happy...just love the butterflies on the flowers, also love it when the hummingbirds return to my feeder. I guess they might show up if I fill it up for the season and put it out...lol

Laura...I tell you Yoplait makes the bestest greek yogurt on earth. It truly tastes like ice cream to me. YUM

MELLIE...I think the doctor just comes to visit with you to keep you B*TT out of the office and taking care of you....glad he is doing it. See he has a plan...lol

Patty...shuuwee on the temp crown. I just went around and around on the temp crown thing and the permanent crown...I feel for you sista.

Shad...did you get the cable issues fixed? Did the guy know what he was doing? I know one thing, they sure do not care where the put a hole in the wall and put an ugly faceplate on it.

Curtis and I took Dad out to dinner tonight. We went to Licoln Square Restaurant. Their speciality is mediterian food and Greek food. I, however had a bed of spinach leaves with mandarin oranges, strawberries, walnuts, apple, a bit of feta cheese, and balsamic dressing. So yummy. Curtis had black forrest fried pork chops, mashed potatos with mushroom gravy and salad. Dad had fried perch, baked potato and salad. Rolls and dessert came with the dinners, of which I had none. None of the is neither Greek or mediteranian but so dang good. Then we took dad home, visited a while, then a light bulb came on in Curtis' head. He left his glasses on the table at the restaurant. Went back and picked them up. Came home and here I am typing. Not too exciting nite.

Better get my jammies on and kick back before bed time.

Love, hugs and prayers.

MELODY525 05-10-2012 08:28 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SWgOsxAFR5...e_happy_02.jpg

GOOD MORNING HAPPY CHICKS!

THE WHOLE BALLGAME CHANGED YESTERDAY WITH JUST ONE PHONE CALL FROM THE BIG CHEESE. AS I PREDICTED...LOTS OF RED FACES RESULTING FROM THE LAST INSPECTION. BIG BOSS HAD TO DEMAND A RE-INSPECTION. TWICE. GOT TURNED DOWN TWICE. WENT OVER EVERYONE'S HEADS AND NOW EVERYONE ELSE RUNNING AROUND DOING THE THINGS THEY HAVEN'T DONE FOR THE LAST 12 YEARS. I COULDN'T HELP BUT GLOAT A LITTLE INSIDE. THEY NEVER LEARN. EVEN HIM.

AS FOR THE DR VISIT. HE WILL NOT RELEASE ME UNTIL THE SCAN IS DONE AND HE IS FURIOUS ABOUT ME GETTING TURNED DOWN. HE TOOK ALL THE PAPER WORK AND SAID HE'D GET IT PASSED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. HE'S VERY UPSET THAT THEY WOULD LEAVE A WOMAN IN A CHAIR WITH A SERIOUS DISORDER WHO HAS NODES IN HER LUNGS OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN UNTESTED. HE SAID IT'S NEGLIGENT AND HE'S GOING TO USE THAT WORD. HOPEFULLY HE WILL GET RESULTS.

IN THE MEANTIME I EXPLAINED THE SITU AT WORK......I AM ALLOWED TO WORK A LITTLE BIT FOR AN EXTRA CHECK. HE FOUND ME OUTSIDE THE OFFICE AND WAS OBSERVING ME THRU THE FRONT DOOR WITH 2 MEN. TOLD ME HE COULDN'T WAIT TO GET ME UPSTAIRS & SLAP A BP CUFF ON ME. :rofl:
THE BP WAS STILL TOO HIGH OF COURSE WITH THE AGGRAVATION. HE CAN SEE ME HAVING TO PHASE OUT THE OFFICE BIT BY BIT. THE BODY JUST WILL NOT COOPERATE AND BP MEDS JUST AREN'T FOR ME.....IF AT ALL POSSIBLE POSSIBLE. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THIS IS WHAT THEY CALL "SITTING" BP NUMBERS. IT'S NOT DUE TO PHYSICAL EXERTION AND CONSTANT "STRESS" BP NUMBERS LIKE THIS ARE JUST TOO HIGH.
SO...........
HE SAID WE CAN DISCUSS IT MORE NEXT MONTH. HE'S GIVING ME ANOTHER MONTH TO SEE HOW I PROGRESS... OR NOT.
HE'S REALLY GIVING ME TIME TO MENTALLY ADJUST....I KNOW HIM TOO WELL. HE CAN'T FOOL ME. :lol3:
OTHER THAN THAT....THINGS ARE GOOD AND I FEEL GOOD.
HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT DAY :moped:

MICHELLE...I AM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR HOW THE MEETING WENT. WISH I HAD SOME WORDS OF WISDOM TO IMPART. WILL SND GOOD THOUGHTS AND KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR SOMETHING BETTER TO COME ALONG. :crissed: :hug:

LAURA....HOPE THE E-MAIL SITUATION GOT RESOLVED. I MUST HAVE MISSED THE MISSING CHEESE STICK!!:rofl: AND YOU HAD BETTER GET YOUR BUTT OUT AND GET SOME EYESHADOW. WE CANNOT HAVE ONE OF OUR CHICKS OUT THERE WITH NAKED EYES! I AM SURE ANNIE HAS TONS OF IT AND CAN SHARE:lol3: HOPE TODAY AT WORK IS BETTER :hug:

HAPPY.... I WOULD ASSUME THAT SILK FLOWERS ARTFULLY ARRANGED WOULD BE SAFE...THEY SEEM TO BE AN ACQUIRED TASTE:rofl: :rofl: YOU ARE TOO FUNNY! I LOVED THE VISUAL OF THE DANCINGBUTTERFLIES ON YOUR PLANTS. MUST BE A WONDERFUL SIGHT. WE HAVE SO FEW TO WATCH HERE. I CAN SEE YOU WILL BE IN CRUNCH TIME WITH THE FAMILY'S ARRIVAL SO NEAR. GOOD LUCK!!!

CEEJAY....SO GLAD YOU HAVE CALMED DOWN. THEY NEED TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO BLAME NOW :rofl: KEEP THOSE NOTES COMING!! THAT'S A GREAT IDEA.

ANNIE....SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE COMPUTER WOES. GOD KNOWS I DREAD STUFF LIKE THAT. :cry: HOPE YOU RED-HEADED KIDS GET ADOPTED BY THE PARENT COMPANY:rofl: FUNNY BUT NOT FUNNY I KNOW. ALSO HOPE THEY CAN FIX THE PROBLEM. SENDING YOU A GOOD THOUGHT TODAY AS WELL :hug:

SHAD....I AM SORRY BUT TODAY AND TOMORROW ARE NO GOOD. DOOR REPAIR MEN ARE SCHEDED FOR BOTH AFTERNOONS. I AM GOING TO HAVE TO TALK TO THE BOSS ON MONDAY WHEN HE COMES AND TELL HIM I NEED ONE DAY FULL OFF ENTIRELY. WHAT DAY NEXT WEEK WOULD BE THE BEST FOR YOU??? HOPE THE MONERS ARE BEHAVING:hug:

ceejay52 05-10-2012 10:18 AM

Getting ready to leave in a few minutes to drive to Jonesboro, Ar to the dermatologist. My neighbor may get the proverbial rug pulled out from under her today. She has the audacity to want to meet a friend that's coming from another city in AR to a doctor in Jonesboro. I'm not driving her all over town cause she has no idea where to go, I'm supposed to use my mental telepathy to find out where. Don't think so. I'm not going to invite her next time. I could have spent the night with bff and played with her gd. Oh well live and learn.

Mel
Too cute that the doctor was observing you.

More later.

happy2bme 05-10-2012 11:07 AM

Good morning ladies,

It's going to be an absolutely gorgeous day out today. I have to hurry and finish my work inside so I can get out there and enjoy the day. This morning we had a giant moth - almost as big as the palm of my hand - sitting right outside the door sunning itself on the deck. I named it Mothzilla. :lol: Always something to see out here. We hear the hummingbirds are coming back to town and we will have to make a feeder with orange halfs to attract the Baltimore Oriole birds who are a gorgeous orange and black bird.

Mel - hope you are going to heed the doctor's advice. I am living proof of getting that blood pressure down. Even when you don't think the aggrivation is affecting you, it does. Simply from sheer frustration as to how those people can be such dummies all the time. You need to find something to get involved in so you don't miss the office too much :lol: Maybe you can mentor someone else on moving things along down there.

Annie - speaking of yogurt ice cream, have you ever put the a container of your favorite brand in the freezer? People were saying it was delicious. I guess that would be a handy way of extending out stuff that was getting close to expiration too.

Ceejay - I like Petunias too - some of the Proven Winner brand come in the most beautiful brilliant colors. I just don't like having to pinch off the spent blossoms on those. Shad can give you some advice on growing orchids.

It got really cold last night. I had kept a clear plastic shower curtain I wasn't using and had to find it in the basement and make a makeshift greenhouse last night for my potted flowers. DH told me a bumblebee had decided to lay in the flowers as his final resting place yesterday afternoon. He had warned me about bringing the flowers inside which I typically do if it gets near freezing at night. I guess everything did well as it looks ok today.

Anyway I'm not spending alot of time on here if I want to get outside so saying hello to the rest of the chicks. Happy Thursday. I'm excited our little movie theater in town is getting Dark Shadows tomorrow. I can't wait to see that movie!

annie175 05-10-2012 11:34 AM

Mornin Ladies...

MESSAGE FOR TODAY: EAT MORE HOSTESS PRODUCTS. Hostess in Indiana has til next Tuesday to find a buyer or resolve the issues with the union, or the judge is going to close the doors on the bankruptcy issue. Praying for a good outcome. Could use your good thoughts and prayers also...

FINALLY, the puters at work are fixed. It was definitely a network problem. Only a 20 minute fix once you get the right person on the line. Sheesh. Now the entire office is accessing sites they shouldn't...lol

Will come back later today or tonight to finish posting.

Loves and hugs.,