Old 12-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #76  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh and lil monkey is doing great...he is just the sweetest...I will try to post more pix of OUR (worldlies) grandbaby...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #77  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

What a day,
We have had blue skies and sunshine, heat, humidity, storms, rain, minor flooding and hail in some places. I've managed to be reasonably productive, but naturally enough didn't get done as much as I wanted to get done. And now it is time for dinner and an early night. Maybe I will get a bit more done outside tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow night will be packing and ensuring I have all the required documents like passports and airline tickets etc. and Tuesday will be checking it all out and getting money to take away with me as well as getting something to read on the flight etc. I also will have to work some full hours on Tuesday so I had better get most of it done on Monday night.

Just about ready to get dinner going and wouldn't you know it, DS2 has gone to sleep on the couch. All this boating for fun must wear you out.

So tonight for dinner is Lemon Cumin Veal chops and green beans with parsnip mash for me and potato mash for he! with green bean (from the garden) (he'd turn his nose up at parsnip and there are potatoes to be used up as well).
As well I am cooking up some rhubarb - some from the garden and some bought and we will eat it with vanilla bean yoghurt - at least I will. He will probably find some icecream to go with his.

Excuse the lack of personals. I will do those tomorrow from work - for now I had better go get a load of washing out of the drier and put in the last of it. Then it might be time for a glass of wine, a sit and watch news, eat dinner and get on with life.
See ya

PS - no weight loss this week. I think the body has gone into shock with the advent of gym and jog. Still no gain is a pretty good second place.

Last edited by Shad; 12-11-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #78  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING CHICKS
WOKE UP EARLY AND LAZY. HOPE IT'S ANOTHER QUIET DAY.
YESTERDAY WAS JUST A PLUMBER'S DELIGHT.
ONE TOILETBOWL PROBLEM AFTER ANOTHER.
ONE MAINT. MAN MADE A LOT OF OVERTIME. THE BUDGET IS BROKEN
SENIORS LOVED THE CARDS...AT LEAST THE ONES I RAN INTO.
THE MOON WAS OUT THIS MORNING AT 6 AM IN ALL IT'S BRIGHT LIGHT GLORY.
REALLY WAS A SIGHT IN A SLIGHTLY DARKENED SKY.
OF COURSE I NEVER SAW THE ECLIPSE THE NIGHT BEFORE.
DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT
TODAY'S IS GOING TO BE A BIT LAZY...I CAN TELL ALREADY.
SITTING HeRE IN A BTRAIN FOG & JUST RAMBLING.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

HAPPY.......HERE'S A FIREPLACE TO KEEP YOU WARM THIS MORNING.
THE IDEA OF THE ST. NICHOLAS STOCKING WAS WONDERFUL.I REALLY LIKED THAT. MADE ME FEEL GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOUR FRIEND HAD KEPT IT UP. VERY CUTE INDEED. I TRIED VENISON YEARS AGO AND DID NOT LIKE IT. EVEN SOAKED IN MILK OVERNIGHT. YOU MADE ME LAUGH ABOUT DH BECOMING ONE OF "THEM"...CAUSE THAT WHAT I WAS THINKING AS I WAS READING SITTING HERE CRACKING UP. JUST REMEMBER AS YOU UNPACK THAT THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU'LL BE DOING IT.

CEEJAY.......5 MORE BAGS! LOTS OF LEAVES BY YOU FOR SURE. I WENT TO A DUMP ONCE MANY YEARS AGO. THE CAR STUNK FROM THE GARGAGE MUD FOR WEEKS AFTER THAT. MY EX EVEN HOSED DOWN THE UNDERSIDE OF THE CAR BUT NO GOOD. PU!! GOOD THING YOU DIDN'T GET STUCK ON THE WASHBOARD ROAD OR LOSTBTW...I KNOW IT'S NOT WILLY BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING.

ANNIE......I LOVED THE MARGARET STORY. HOW CUTE IS THAT?
IT'S ALL THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MEAN SO MUCH TO SOME PEOPLE. GLAD SHE HAD YOU TO SHOP WITH. I CAN IMAGINE YOU'RE MISSING DD AT WORK. AND OF COURSE GLAD JAKE IS DOING SO WELL. WE NEED TO PUT A LITTLE BOW IN HIS BELLY BUTTON. WHAT A GREAT LITTLE GIFT HE HAS BEEN

SHAD.....TOO MUCH EXCITEMENT GOING ON IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS!!THE DAYS ARE FLYING BY AND I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR YOU TO GO TRAVELING!
I WAS DOING SOMETHING IN THE KITCHEN WHEN I HEARD ABOUT HAIOL IN AUSTRALIA. BUT I MISSED THE ENDING. FORGOT TO COME HERE AND ASK YOU ABOUT IT LAST NIGHT.
DON'T LEAVE A FORWARDING PHONE NUMBER WHEN YOU GO ON VACATION. THIS WAY NO ONE WILL CALL FROM WORK!!!
PS: I'LL TAKE THE MASHED TATERS TOO. NOT A FAN OF PARSNIPS!

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-11-2011 at 07:29 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
That's probably the only time she gets a Pepsi especially if they are hard to open. My uncle is 80 and full of life.

Mel
Love the Christmas tree. Is that one your's? The fire place looks warm and cozy also. I immediately went to the car wash and the bout with the road.

Happy
I'll probably have more leaves from the neighbor's yards. My one tree has finally dropped all it's leaves.
------------
Had a good 36 hours off but back to work this morning. Had a louzy night's sleep due to the heater coming on more often than usual. When I check the thermastat this morning it was up a little higher than normal. I was cold when I went to bed. The thermastat will be turned down tonight.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:42 AM   #80  

Shad
You have a full week ahead of you. But I know you will get it all done.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #81  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good Sunday morning ladies,

Just looked at the calendar - probably for only the second time since we moved and I see that Christmas is 2 weeks exactly from today I did get the Christmas letter done and printed up new address labels but did not work on the cards. I had a nice long chat with Mum who is delighted we are coming home for the holidays but most disappointed that we will only be there 5 days or so. I told her it's too cold to do anything else and there is always the chance of bad weather so we'll leave longer visits for the summer. She did remind me to leave a chunk of time because she has a growing list of little things for DH to work on or fix around the house. No problem, I told her to just tell us ahead of time so he can bring tools. She says (quite adamantly) - not necessary - I have tools too you know. Then 10 minutes later she says she wants a blind installed in the bathroom window and oh, DH might want to bring his drill. I said "but Ma, you said you have tools she says "yeah, but I have a drill but I have no idea where the drill bits are
I am torn between going out today and staying at home and attending to stuff. I want to at least pick up the Sunday papers and DH and I were going to look at a furniture store in town. I think I just need to make a list and stick with it and cross things off.

Mel - I loved today's pictures. The fireplace is very similar to what we have that is not working well enough to use at the moment. A roaring fire and nice heat so I am VERY eager to get that working. Glad the seniors appreciated your cards - sometimes the littlest things matter to them. As for the eclipse, you could only see it on the west coast that morning since by the time it happened, it was already light in my part of the world and yours and it would have been dimmed out. Guess we all have to wait 3 more years Is the building looking festive? Shame that they would not let Jen do the windows. Have you tried out the new microwave yet?

Ceejay - I always turn the thermostat way down at night for sleeping. I can't sleep when it's warm. Sometimes tho it's too cold which makes it REALLY hard to get up in the middle of the night for a potty run. Are you off work over the Christmas weekend or did your coworker try and weedle the day for herself?

Shad - how did the chops work out? Lemon cumin - that sounds like a very interesting combination. I always think of Mexican when I see cumin. Yum on green beans from the garden. My friend at work gave me a few pods that went to seed from her crop of really sweet beans. Can't wait to plant them. I'll take potatoes over parsnips too please so DS better wake up before they are gone. Sounds like all is on track for your trip. How is the weather out that way - not hot and humid I hope - just nice enough to do some sightseeing.

Annie - I loved the Margaret story too How cute. I can relate - some of the water bottles - especially those with smaller caps are SO hard to open that I have taken to using my rubber gripper to open them before I leave in the car. Then if I don't use the bottle (I always have water with me in case I start coughing) and if I put the bottle back in the refrigerator and DH gets it, he goes YUCK - this bottle has been OPENED. You would think I went to the store, uncapped it and told everyone to have a lick before I gave it to him The fact that she got a Pepsi is even more endearing for some reason. Might have been downright hilarious if she asked you to untwist a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill (wine) I'm very glad you are finding funny stories of CVS, I'm sure it can get quite hectic this time of year.

Hellos to Michelle and Laura.

I have not been making any conscious effort but have lost almost 7 pounds since we moved. I'm certainly not eating as much as I did when I was working and I think all the stairs in this house help a bit. But I think the biggest boost has been that for the first time in probably 9 years, I am not aggrivated and stressed out on a continuous basis. I am still riding myself because I'm not as focused as I need to be and don't want to start any new bad habits, but for the most part, I am calm. And that probably means a huge drop in that stress hormone. I hope it keeps up.

Well I think a cup of tea, some buttered raisin toast and an egg are in my future as well as finishing off those cards. Have a good Sunday kids.

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-11-2011 at 01:48 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #82  

Happy
Congrats on losing 7 pounds. I know that stress and emotional eating are two of my biggest concerns. Too funny about DH saying yuck to opened bottles. Put your name on the next one.
Yes, unfortunately I have to work on Christmas day.
I think my co-worker has been brought down a notch. She told me she got a verbal warning a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what it was about but her figures on the chlorine sheet's never come out right. I haven't said anything but my boss notices every thing. Don't think she can read the scales.
I still beat myself up over the no weight loss. Lose 5 pounds and gain it back over night. This is fluid build up. I'm on week 2 day 3 of the rest of my life. The last chapter as I call it. I should do it for health.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #83  

Morning all,

Too bad you lot don't like parsnip. I love 'em and had a nice feed of them last night. Soft and sweet and mashed up with a bit of cooking cream and salt and pepper. DS2 polished off the spuds - said he wasn't waiting around for you lot.

Wish I had decided to take Monday and Tuesday off now. There is so much to do at home. Still today, the powers that be get me to make a start on the doco for FINANCE - lucky me (not)

Ceejay - you and me both with the fluid. There must be something you are eating that is causing the fluid build-up - have you been having something salty - or is it the lactic acid build-up from exercise that is causing the problem? Check your labels.

Happy - well done on the 7 pounds. Not surprising since all the drama of moving and stressing out and arguing and driving and.... and..... I lost about 20lbs when we shifted over here. Put it all back since tho' and then some.
The Lemon, cumin garlic marinated veal chops were pretty nice if I do say so myself. Could have done with a touch more oil in the marinade or maybe lemon juice as well as zest because the rub (you massage the mixture into the chops) was somewhat dry. It was supposed to do for 4 chops but barely covered two. I discovered cumin when I was on my middle eastern kick and making lots of Moroccan type stuff. Funnily enough, much of the recipes tasted better with pork than with beef or lamb. I'll never make an Arab.

Mel - I love venison. I don't get it often, but when it is on the menu in a restaurant I will usually have it. However I tend to like it better from the butcher than killed and hacked up on the land. But..... the domesticating of the animal means that the wild flavour disappears since they are munching on much the same as the cattle and sheep. Shame. Such magnificent creatures, but I realise they can cause a fair amount of environmental damage and herds need to be culled once in a while. Pity we can't do the same for some humans.
Too bad about the phone, my mobile has roaming on it. I can use it worldwide. But they won't ring, cause they will all be on leave as well.

Annie - good to talk to you the other night on facebook as well. Glad to hear the baby is doing well and all the breathing stuff is a thing of the past. Glad you had a good nights work at CVS - pity they don't pay as well as the other hey?

Right better get off and do some work before the dreaded HR and Finance get here. No kidding, I have been here 2.5hrs and they haven't started yet. No wonder they are in a bind.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #84  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.

TODAY IS THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BOSS DAY.
GETTING READY TO GO DOWN AND MEET HER.
REPORTS ALREADY WRITTEN AND PLACED IN THE "IN BOX".
LAST NIGHT THINGS FINALLY CALMED DOWN.
NEVER HAD SO MANY CLOGGED TOILETS. MAYBE JOHN WAS RIGHT.
HE WANTED TO HAND OUT "SOFTENERS" EVERY NIGHT
OMG I MISS HIS CRANKY FACE. I MUST CALL HIM THIS WEEK.
NOTHING ELSE IS NEW. HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY...GOOD THING YOU WENT TO THE CAR WASH.
NO THE TREE ISN'T MINE BUT I WISH IT WAS.
I LOVED IT WHEN I FOUND IT.
HAVE A GOOD WEEK AT WORK. BET YOU LOVED THE 36 HRS OFF

HAPPY....YES WE TEST DROVE THE MICROWAVE. IT WORKS GREAT!
GAVE THE OTHER ONE TO JEN & RICHIE.
MINE WAS BIGGER THAN THEIR TINY ONE.
NOW EVERYONE IS VERY HAPPY.
JEN STUCK ANOTHER BOW ON THE FRONT OF MINE
YOUR MOM STORY ABOUT HAD ME IN TEARS LAUGHING.
I KEPT SAYING TO MYSELF HE'S GONNA NEED TOOLS.
MAYBE A DRILL AND MAYBE SCREWS AND ANNCHORS!!
CAUSE WE USE THEM ALL THE TIME. THEY ALWAYS WANT SOMETHING "HUNG UP"!!!!
I AM AFRAID TO LOOK AT THE CALENDAR.
I CAN TELL BY THE ANXIETY IN MY CHEST THAT IT'S NEAR TIME!!!
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 7 LBS!!!
MAYBE I SHOULD COME AND HELP YOU BOTH UNPACK!!
I JUST FOUND 3 OR THE 4 THAT I THOUGHT I HAD LOST!!!

SHAD......I FORGOT THEY WERE ALL LEAVING WHEN YOU ARE.
HOPE THE FINANCE DOCO GOE WELL WITH NO HICCUPS.
THE PARSNIPS I REMEMBER WERE KIND OF BITTERY WEIRD FLAVOR.
BUT THEN I WAS ABOUT 13? MY STEP GM MADE THEM.
MY BROTHER & I THOUGHT WE WERE BEING POISONED.
YOURS SOUNDED MUCH BETTER. HAPPY TUESDAY.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #85  

Happy
I'm glad I'm working Christmas day. It will keep me occupied and praing there's no power outages.

Mel
I'm with you on the parsnip's. Is turnips the same thing? They are too tangy and bitter for me. I like the greens but they have to be prepared just right.

I had a busy Sunday and now nothing to do--paper wise. I'm working on my 2012 folder.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #86  

Morning all. As usual, I was MIA all weekend from here.

Very uneventful weekend. I did virtually nothing that I intended to do, so I soon will be scrambling around like a nut to do holiday shopping, etc. Rather annoyed with myself about that.

Saturday morning I went to a Zumba class. Dog walk, couple loads of laundry, not sure what else. Oh, now I remember - went through the pile in my basket on the "mail cart". Still a lot of reading material, including several months of two magazine subscriptions (purchased against my better judgment only to use up the last of some expiring frequent flyer miles). I moved most of that pile to the front bedroom where I have my bp monitor set up. While I sit quietly for a few minutes before taking my bp, I usually read a little bit, so that'll be perfect. In the evening, I watched the DVD movie “The Deep End” w/ bf. It was alright.

Sunday I lazed away some of the morning w/ the paper and some tea, then I raked & bagged leaves in the back yard. There wasn’t all that much, but I still came away with three bags full. There’s a spot way in back where we’ve piled a bunch of tree limbs, branches, and brush where leaves have settled and I have a feeling they’ll be blowing out of there all winter. Short of dismantling the piles, the leaves would be difficult to remove. Oh well. Bf may try to find a landscape crew working in the area to see if he can get them to haul away those piles. After the skunking incident, we don’t want any critters making that their home. I also raked out the area next to the garage where I have hosta planted – ugh. The hosta leaves were semi-rotted, and so were the fallen leaves that had settled there. Bf agreed that next year he would take a weed wacker to it so cleanup is easier. I also pruned down the shrubs that still grow back there every year because they are too close to the fence to properly dig out. It was sunny and relatively mild yesterday (around 40-ish for December!) and doggy and I enjoyed being outside. Didn’t do anything out front, but that’s okay because there are no leaves to speak of on the lawn, just some stuck in the shrubs.

What else for Sunday? Another long dog walk, three more loads of laundry, and a visit to a nearby antiques mall. I can’t believe we’ve been here almost 12 years and never checked it out! Unfortunately, it was mid-afternoon when we arrived, and if I wanted to get home to get the dog walked before dark, that didn’t leave much time to fully explore this place, so we only spent 45 minutes there, barely scratching the surface. We’ve decided to return another day, much earlier.

After the dog walk, we watched the Bears lose another game. Sigh. That was about it for the weekend. No decorating…Boo on me. I’ll probably do little bits in the evenings this week, i.e, everything but the tree.

Nothing special going on this week, except for a doctor appointment on Friday morning. I’m almost positive that I’m going to take that entire day off. It’ll be good to get a jump on the weekend.

Food got off kilter Saturday and Sunday – no tracking. I didn’t go hog wild or anything, but I still didn’t want to step on the scale this morning…

Back later for personals.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #87  

Ceejay – Sorry you had trouble finding the composting site – wasted trip. My mom is not a comfortable driver, so she rarely goes to drop off yard waste, which is out in a rural area and the road is narrow. Luckily, she has a pasture behind her yard and she’s friendly with the owner, who said it’s okay to dump her yard waste over the fence.

Happy – Congrats on the 7 pounds lost! Not surprising, given the total change in your days and activity levels. How nice you’ll be back to visit your mother over the holidays. LOL that she has a to-do list for dh to tackle.

Shad – Hope you get it all done before you trip. Yeh, prolly shoulda taken off the couple days before your trip. The chops sound very tasty. Never had a cumin-lemon combo, but cumin and lime are good, so the lemon combo is probably equally or even more tasty. I had a veg I’d never tried before on Thanksgiving, but now I can’t remember if it was turnips or parsnips. The former I believe. Not a fan, had ‘em mashed, and it reminded me of broccoli. I think I’ll just stick w/ broccoli.

Mel – Wow, sorry this past weekend was the one the toilets all decided to clog! Love the pics you posted!! So homey! Nice you like that new microwave, and nice you were able to pass on the old one to Jen. I like when things don’t go to waste.

Annie – Glad you had a warm welcome at CVS. Have you caught up on your sleep yet??

Hi Michelle!!

Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #88  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

I had a bad night of sinus drip / violent coughing. Got up and went upstairs to sleep in another bed so as not to wake up DH. Slept in until 10:30 now I 'm really behind. I HAVE to get some stuff done right away, will be back for personals.

Safe travels Shad - not sure when you are leaving. And yes, you should have taken the days preceeding your trip off. We all make that mistake. Don't fuss too much.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 PM   #89  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday, ladies!

Wow! So much to catch up on! And here I am swamped with work and barely time for the essential "bio" breaks.

I'll try and log on this evening and get caught up.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #90  

Morning all,
Last day at work for a while - Yeehaaa. Will be finishing here around lunch time.
Met up with an old friend whom I haven't seen in years late yesterday and we chatted over a pot of tea and some raisin toast. Then when the coffee shop closed we chatted out on one of the bench seats in the mall. 2 odd hours later we went home. So nice to catch up on the doings of family and friends again. At one time we thought her daughter and DS2 might have hit it off but it wasn't to be and maybe they wouldn't have lasted anyway.

Happy - hope you get rid of the sinus soon. I hate it when mine give me grief - which they tend to do frequently.

Michelle - I thought there was a freeze on new work stuff for you for the Christmas season but you are busier than ever. Hope it slows down soon.

Mel - back to the bowl again hey? No problems here thank goodness. Are you sure you are not getting parsnips mixed up with turnips and/ or swedes. They are fairly awful things to eat. Parsnips look like white carrots.

Ceejay - turnip greens??? Nope parsnips are not like turnips or swedes. Not all that bad working Christmas day. At least you miss out on most of the family squabbles.

Laura - for someone who did nothing much all weekend, you seem to have accomplished quite a bit. Good for you.

Anyway - better get on with the joys of financial reporting. They make life so hard for everyone does that lot.