Old 12-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #46  

Morning Worldlies.

Michelle – Good luck with your diagnostic today. So how do they rate the effectiveness? Is it very subjective, where you can tell the doc, “yep, I got 83% relief, let’s do this thing”, or do they have more objective ways of determining the success of it? Good for you with the exercise!

Annie – Sorry your job and boss has become something you dislike. Liking what you do and/or the people you work for/with is so important! Hope you find your way to something you enjoy, or a way to tolerate it. Like Happy said –just wait a little bit and maybe something will change for the better. Yum, tacos and nachos!! Why, why, why does that kind of food have to taste so darn good, and broccoli is just – well, broccoli?

Mel – Wow, the guy was on both morphine and valium?? Yeh, I guess that would be a tough thing to get off of. I can definitely see getting tired of pretending it’s fun to be up in the middle of the night dealing with medical alarms. Ugh. Happy wrapping today!

Happy – You have such lovely surroundings! We used to have a “Christmas tree” growing in our back yard (unfortunately, it had been planted too close to the house and we ultimately removed it) and one year I decided to string some popcorn to decorate it. Of course the squirrels got to it in no time flat, LOL! I hope your damaged furniture can be repaired to your satisfaction.

Hellos to Shad & Ceejay.
--
The movie “The Descendants” was very enjoyable. Even though the subject matter (wife in a coma) isn’t all that lighthearted, there’s a lot of humor in this movie. George Clooney is so good! And, yes Mel, the girls who played his daughters were very good as well. And the kid who played the older daughter’s goofy boyfriend did a good job too. If you liked the movie “Sideways”, you’ll probably like this movie too (same director).

Nothing much else to report. Bf went to walmart yesterday for a few things, and naturally I’d forgotten to tell him that the item I ordered from them online was ready to be picked up at the store. We ordered a cast iron dutch oven that we’ve been wanting. The brand we bought was deemed a “best buy” by the America’s Test Kitchen people, and at $45, it’s a lot less money than what one of the fancy brands (e.g., Le Creuset) would cost us. Looking forward to maybe making some roast or stew in it this weekend.

Oh, speaking of this weekend, our block’s “Christmas walk”, originally scheduled for this Saturday, was cancelled this year because there was only one host. Usually there had been two or three houses that host – appetizers at one, entrée at another, dessert at a third. Last year was only two houses… Apparently no one wants to step up and host. And naturally everyone who has stepped up and done it multiple times in the past several years is no longer willing. We’ve done it twice in the 11 years we’ve been here. Doesn’t sound like a lot, but there are a LOT of people who never do it, and there are actually two blocks worth of houses who could participate. Oh well. I have a love/hate relationship with those kinds of social events, so I can’t say I’m totally disappointed. More weekend time for me, lol. I’d like to finally get some holiday decorating done.

Okay, nothing else, so I’ll stop rambling & get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #47  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon (almost) -

I just got back from my diagnostic procedure and two bits of good news: (1) the numbing procedure worked and I have little or no pain on my right side! and (2) the pain I'm feeling on the left side procedure site and down the left leg is perfectly normal and will dissipate after another week or two (according to my doctor). The electrical impulses they use to kill the nerves in the radio frequency ablation procedure can cause intense muscle contractions (working the muscle MUCH more than any normal activity would), therefore the soreness that feels like overused muscles is quite common. I'm REALLY relieved to hear that.

I'm back at the office and should be able to finish off the day here

Laura - You'd never heard of "f---tard"? That's used a bit up here. Of course, there are others I've learned since I moved to the Midwest: "crap-a**", "For f---'s sake". Bummer about your Christmas tree being such a pain to bring down from the attic, and about BF being a scrooge on the outside lights. I doubt we'll put lights on the house this year, but we have plenty of lighted penguins on the front lawn. As for how the effectiveness of the diagnositic is measured...I tell them my pain score (on a scale of 1-10 - 10 being highest) prior to the procedure (it was an 8 on the right side). Then I keep a pain diary for the rest of the day where every hour, I mark down my pain score and what activities I've been doing. So far, it's been between 0 and 2, with the 2 being after standing for more than 15 minutes which I am typically not able to do. And at the office, they told me I need to be consistently below a 4 for the next 4-6 hours...so far so good. So cool about the Dutch oven!! I'm sure your roast or stew will be delicious! Bummer about your Chrismas walk being cancelled, but I can totally understand. Each year at my work, we have a "decorate the end of your cubical aisle" and I did the lion's share of it last year. This year, I just don't have the time, energy or inclination. I'd help...but I'm not willing to do it all. I would, however, love to find some groups to go Christmas carolling with. I just love doing that.

Mel - I hope you're not feeling dizzy anymore. As for the wrapping...I haven't wrapped the gifts for the people that live near us yet, but I find that if I have all the supplies handy, I can make fairly quick work of it. Bummer about the tenant being taken off valium and morphine.

Happy - Thanks for posting the photos. Your front yard is gorgeous!! The small pine tree on the left would make a lovely Christmas tree. Amazing that you still have snow up there. Thankfully the little bit of snow that has fallen hasn't stuck on the ground. Unbelievable about all the damage the movers did. I hope the repairman is able to make it right.

Well, gotta get back to it.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
The tree's are gorgeous. Do you have all these pines surrounding the house?
Hope the people can do the repairs on the furniture.

Mel
Love all these cute graphic's. But of course Mickey and Minnie are my favorite cartoon characters. (sp)Why did they take the man off his med's? Did they do it all at once?

Michelle
Glad that the procedure was a success.

Laura
To bad tha there will not be a block party this year. Maybe there will be one later. I was curious about the movie The Defendants. I may have to buy that dvd when it becomes available. It way to loud in movie theater's for me.

Shad
How many more day's till vacation time?

------
My neighbor texted me this morning to look outside. We had 2 inches of snow. It made for a beautiful drive. It looked like a winter wonderland. The tree's were gorgeous. Wish I had thought to bring my camera.
My house should be clean when I get home this afternoon. I broke down and had my neighbor clean it today. I told her once a month is all I could afford.
We're having a meeting in the morning at 7 a.m. I'm curious. Now I can't sleep late. sigh.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #49  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

4 working days and 6 days and nights overall. Have to work out how I get to the airport soon since my flight is at 5.00am to Sydney. Came into work singing 4 days to go.

Meant to post yesterday when I got home from work and write out the recipe for the mushroom bake for Annie, however I got busy and forgot. Sorry Annie. Will try to do it tonight. It is nice - it comes from the CSIRO diet book 2 - so it is good for you too. However if I do it again (when more than if) I will put the mushies in raw to bake because by frying them up with the bacon and onion it tends to make the entire bake go a bit greyish.

No personals this morning. I promise I will get back to it this afternoon.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #50  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Happy Happy Freakin' Thursday!!

My gosh this week has been so long and torturous! I think that day of meetings early on in the week really drained me. Or maybe it was the diagnostic test yesterday and then going back to work. Whatever. I'm so glad it's Thursday and that I work from home tomorrow!

Today, I'm in a 4 hour writing class, followed by two meetings this afternoon to get sign off for requirements documents so that I can begin to do the coding/programming (or whatever you want to call it) that I enjoy. Maybe that's why the past two weeks have seemed like torture...because I much prefer the coding to writing the doco. I guess Shad and I would make a great team...If I could work with her "crack the whip" work ethic! Just kidding, Shad. You know I love ya'.

As for yesterday's diagnostic procedure, I had greatly reduced pain for approximately 6.5 hours (decreasing from an 8 prior to the procedure down to a 2 or lower). Then at about the 7 hour mark, the novacaine (or whatever) they use for the test wore off and I went back up to an 8 or 9 (because I hadn't been allowed to take any pain meds until 7 hours post procedure). But during the reduced pain time, I was instructed to purposely do things that normally make my back hurt like walking, standing and bending, and I was able to do all of those things for a lot longer than normal and with greatly reduced pain! So next Wednesday, we repeat the diagnostic test, and if I get the same excellent results (and I expect that I will) then on 12/28...just before my insurance changes...I get the radiofrequency done on my right side, which will make for a relaxing New Years.

Shad - Thanks for the great e-card!! It's so adorable and funny!! I'm thinking of "borrowing" your idea (if you don't mind) and creating one of me, the DH and the doggies. I'm so glad you're going to NZ for the holidays! You definitely deserve it after working so hard all year long. I can tell how excited you are, and I'm excited for you!!

Happy - Your yard is so lovely! I can see why you fell in love with the house and the property. And it's nice that there's a clearing so your DH can set up a telescope in the yard if he wants to.

Ceejay - Freshly fallen snow is SO lovely, especially if the roads are clear and not hazardous. Glad you enjoyed your drive. I would love to have someone come in and clean my house once a month...but first I'll have to clear out the clutter. I hope this morning's meeting goes well.

I'll try and check back later in between the training class and the meetings.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 12-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #51  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MORNING GIRLS

TURNED OUT TO BE A PLUMBER'S DAY AND THE BIGGER BOSS WAS HERE.
I BUTTED OUT LIKE A GOOD GIRL AND LET THE BOYS HASH OUT THE REPAIR DETAILS.

I GOT NO WRAPPING DONE AND WON'T TODAY EITHER.
GIVING MY SHOULDERS A REST AND HAVING A MELIDAY.
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY

HAPPY....ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PICTURES. LOVE THE TREES.
I WOULD LOVE TO DECORATE ALL OF THEM!!WHAT A NICE SPOT THE DEER GET TO EAT THEIR GOODIES IN. YOU 2 ARE LUCKY TO HAVE ALL THIS NATURE SURROUNDING YOU.
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DAMAGED GOODS AND HOPE THEY CAN FIX THOSE HANDLES
THEY WOULD NEED ONE DAMNED GOOD WELDER.
HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT

L;AURA.....I WAS WAITING TO SEE SOMETHING SNOOPY-ISH IN YOUR AVATAR AND YOU DIDN'T DISAPPOINT
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BLOCK PARTY BUT I FEEL THE SAME AS YOU ABOUT STUFF LIKE THAT.
JUST AN OLD HERMIT HERE. GLAD YOU LIKED THE MOVIE. IT'S GETTING GREAT REVIEWS AND THE KID IS AN OSCAR RUMOR SINCE IT OPENED.
NO WRAPPING HERE YESTERDAY....THE PLUMBER WANTED TIME

MICHELLE....I AM HAPPY TO HEAR YOU FINALLY GOT ALL GOOD NEWS.
MAYBE THIS TIME THINGS WILL EVEN WORK OUT BETTER AND LAST LONGER ONE CAN ONLY HOPE.
HOW IS THE HUBBY FEELING? HOPE HIS WORKED OUT TOO.
I AM SENDING YOU ALL MY PRESENTS TO WRAP SINCE YOU HAVE ALL THE SUPPLIES HANDY
I NEVER GOT TO IT YESTERDAY. TOO BUSY. STAY WELL.

SHAD....ANYTHING WITH MUSHROOMS IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY.
HAD A LAUGH AT THE THOUGT OF YOU GOING TO WORK SINGING THE 4 DAYS MORE TO GO SONG!
ARE ALL YOUR VISITING PLANS MADE? WHERE TO GO & WHPO TO SEE.
WILL YOU BE SEEING THE BRIDE AND GROOM?? TELL HER I LOVED HER DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The meeting was uneventful. Stated that we would not get a raise this year due to the financial situation of the city.
It was so nice to come home to a very clean house yesterday.
Today I'm putting out a few Christmas decorations, laundry and addressing/mailing a few Christmas cards.
The alarm recorder going off woke me up last night. There was 2 women at the door and I think one tried pulling on the storm door to open it. It looked like the girls down the street but I've told them I would not come to the door after dark, and this was around midnight. Whatever were they thinking.
Breakfast has been had. MCD's hotcakes yum. I've been hungry for these a long, long time.
---------
Mel
You sure are and early bird. I'm going to join you in having a meliday day.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #53  

Morning everyone.

Michelle – Glad the first diagnostic was a success. that the second one is just as successful.

Shad – Seriously close to your holiday now – it makes the job so much more pleasant (or just bearable) to have something nice to look forward to.

Mel – Glad you stood back and let others discuss the plumbing repairs. My avatar is a repeat from last year! I might have to look around and see if there are any others I like more. As for the block party – they do have an outdoor one in the summer and they actually set a date for it in June, so we’ll have to mark our calendar. That one’s fun too – very casual. Bring your chairs, beverages, your food contribution, and you’re set. Mostly sitting around chatting with the neighbors, with some activities for the kids.

Ceejay – Sorry you won’t be getting a raise next year, but still having a job is more important! Enjoy your clean house! It sure would be nice to have someone come in and clean up regularly since neither bf nor I are very fond of doing it ourselves. Actually, most cleaning I don’t mind, except for bathroom tub/tile/toilet. Vacuuming, well, it’s the noise I don’t like. One I get into it, it’s fine, but it’s just that having worked all week, I just don’t want to sacrifice precious weekend time for more work (yeh, I don’t like it quite enough to consider it fun and not work, lol). Hey, what are those girls doing trying to get you to answer the door so late at night???!!!

Hellos to Annie & Happy!
--
Went to the library after work. I borrowed three books and 4 exercise dvds. Didn't do much of anything last night except watch tv and do some reading.

Work is generally quiet. The boss of our combined department (9 people total) just sent an invitation for a holiday gathering in two weeks. We did that last year too. It was in a bar and I recall having trouble hearing people due to the background noise. Hopefully we'll pick a more quiet location this year.

The other thing that's come up is a department secret santa gift thingy, which I believe will be done during our gathering. Huh. I don't feel particularly close to or fond of any of the people in the other half of our department...but I guess it could be fun. I'm sort of surprised the $ limit is set at $25 - a bit high for a work thing, but everything's more expensive that it was, plus it opens up options for gift cards and such. Funny thing is we've been asked for a list of (at least) 3 things we would like to receive and 3 things we would NOT like to receive. At least we get to learn a little something about at least one person, haha.

Still nothing planned for this weekend, so cleaning and decorating it'll be. Next weekend I'm looking forward to getting together with a friend and some others for a visit to the botanic garden for whatever they've got going on there.

Let's see if anyone snuck in on me!

Last edited by Laura705; 12-08-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #54  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - Good for you for letting the boys duke out the repair details. I hope you enjoy your Meliday! If I were there, we could have a wrapping party. My girlfriends and I used to do that back when I lived in CA. The Irish Coffees or Cocoa with Schnaps would be flowing as much as the laughter...and by the end of the evening, the wrapping on the presents became a little less clean, crisp and beautiful and more haphazard! DH gets two more shots before the end of the year. The one he got prior to Thanksgiving didn't work as well as the others...mostly because he really has to stay flat on his back in bed for at least 24 hours after his shot to give it a full chance to work and Thanksgiving weekend we were just too dang busy. His next shot is on the 14th, same as my test, and I'll be working from home afterward and the next day so I can tend to the dogs and he can stay in bed. Then my full procedure is on the 28th, as is his final shot for the year, and we're both off the next day so we'll both be able to relax.

Ceejay - Bummer about no raises this year. I'm hoping to at least get a small cost of living increase, but there are never any guarantees, and I won't know until March or April...so I'm just trying to do a good job and stay out of trouble until then.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #55  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - That's crazy that those women knocked on your door after midnight! Unless I am expecting someone, I don't open the door after 7 or 8 pm. That's MY time to rest, relax and unwind from the day. Laura is right that a raise would be nice, but still having a job is much more important.

Laura - The summer block party sounds fun. It's so cool when neighborhoods do that. We hosted a party for the neighborhood a few years ago, which is when I first hurt my back (moving furniture the day after). We've been busy working on the house and the yard since then..so we haven't hosted since, and no one else has stepped up to the plate. As for cleaning, DH has done much more than his fair share lately. I can't do the tub/tile in the bathroom because of the fumes from the Tilex, and I can't mop the floors due to my back. But I usually do the dusting, wiping, and vacuuming. I love going to the Library and getting new books/DVDs. And what's even more convenient is that I can look through the library's database of titles, and place the ones I want on hold. Then they contact me when they're ready to pick up! In fact, I'm going today to pick up a couple DVDs, some Cooking Light Quick and Easy Cookbooks, one or two fiction books, and some nonfiction ones that hopefully will give me ideas/style guides for writing my own book. Secret Santa things can be fun, but $25 seems like a lot for a work thing. It's nice that you're posting lists of 3 things you'd like and 3 things you wouldn't. This year at my work, we did a White Elephant exchange - something we already had, we couldn't buy anything. And it just goes to show that one person's White Elephant is another person's treasure. I got a very nice Christmas figurine that I may keep but it is nice enough to regift. And our Christmas decor is almost entirely penguins. I hope your work holiday gathering goes well and is at a quieter location. Sounds like you're going to have a nice weekend (at least the decorating part). We're planning to get our tree tonight, DH will put the lights on it tomorrow night, then DMIL, DH and I will decorate it and the rest of the interior of the house on Saturday or Sunday.

Annie - Have fun at Ainsley's performance tonight.

Big to Happy!! I hope you're having a fantastic day in your winter wonderland!

Last edited by diyana; 12-08-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #56  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Well guess what I didn't get back with the personals. Yesterday I actually did a full days work and I think today may be more of the same. There's is that sort of desperation about the team to get so much more done before the break. Scotty has some more things for me to think about as well. Love the way he approaches the more work process. 'Errr... we have another process we have to document. Let's discuss this a bit further...... Let's check out the scenarios and give the users the choice - but only as long as they choose the way we want to go!

Michelle - sounds like you are on your way to a more pain free environment. That's got to be a good thing. Sure you can use the card - its a free website and very easy to use. I seem to be missing a couple of email addresses but I will find them soon and Laura and Ceejay can be added to a dose of Kiwi stupidity at Christmas. DS2 wasn't exactly over the moon when I asked permission to use his picture but he said yes anyway. Guess he likes to eat.

Mel - well done, making the plumber, maintenance and management sort it out. Hope the plumber scared the living sh*t out of the powers that be. No I haven't made too many plans about where to go and what to see. Chris and my sister and my niece and nephew-in-law are on the list. I want to do some shopping and I may take a trip to Marlborough Sounds and across to Nelson, Takaka and Golden Bay - maybe. Depends on costs and availability.

Ceejay - nothing nicer than coming home to a clean house. Don't know what has gotten into DS2 since he has been house sitting, but he has been putting a wash on, clearing benchtops, setting the dishwasher going and generally being fairly tidy since he got back. Long may it last.

Laura - Sorry to hear about the street becoming hermitsville but it happens. The sociable good neighbours move on and it takes a while to get to know others - but then again if they are anything like my neighbours then they don't get to speak often anyway.

Better go and get on with the day before Scotty gets any more ideas on how things work. I might be working full days up to next Wednesday if I am not careful and curb the enthusiasm.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #57  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKS.
NOT MUCH TO REPORT. ANOTHER ALARM LAST NIGHT.
NOT SURE IF I AM EVER GING TO GET A WHOLE NIGHT'S SLEEP
THIS GENT FELL ON THE WAY TO THE BATHROOM.
I HAVE SOME WORK TO DO BUT NOT MUCH FOR THE WEEKEND.
ONE MAN IS OFF ANYWAY. TALKED TO HIM YESTERDAY.
GETTING MUCH COLDER NOW. WINDOWS FINALLY CLOSED & HEATERS ON.
HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY

CEEJAY.....YUM ON THE BREAKFAST. UNEVENTFUL MEETINGS ARE GOOD.
EXCEPT WHEN THEY SAY NO PAY RAISE! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE THE SAME KIND ON THE 22ND.
NO MONEY IN THE STATE GOVT OR THE TOWN.
I THINK THIS IS OUR 4-5TH YR WITHOUT A RAISE NOW.
THOSE GIRLS DOWN THE STREET DON'T THINK AS A RULE.
MAYBE THEY WILL LEARN ONE DAY.

LAURA.....I REMEMBER YOUR SUMMER BLOCK PARTY WAS NICE.
WE HAD A SECRET SANTA BUT THEY UPPED IT TO $30 LAST YEAR.
NO ONE WANTED TO PARTICIPATE SO IT WAS CANCELLED.
I THOUGHT THE $$ WAS RIDICULOUS CAUSE WE HAVE SOME PART-TIME WORKERS.
GIFT CARDS WERE A GREAT IDEA FOR US TOO. HAVE FUN.
HOPE THE PARTY GATHRING WILL BE A QUIET ONE!!!

MICHELLE......SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DH'S SHOT NOT WORKING AS WELL.
HOPEFULLY YOUR NEW PLANS WILL WORK OUT BETTER AND YOU BOTH WILL REST UP.
AS FOR WRAPPING...JEN SAYS GET POUT THE TISSUE PAPER AND THROW THE STUFF IN BAGS:YIKES:
WHERE IS THE JOY OF OPENING UP A WRAPPED GIFT?!?!?
BUT MY ARMS ARE THINKING SHE COULD BE RIGHT

SHAD.....EVERYY TIME YOU SAY SCOTTY'S NAME I THINK OF STAR TREK.."BEAM ME UP SCOTTY".
BET HE MUST HAVE HEARD THAT MORE THAN ONCE IN HIS LIFE.
HOPE HE GETS NO MORE NEW IDEAS FOR THE MASSES TO CHOSSE FROM.
IS HE GOOD AT GETTING THEM TO PICK YOURS?!?! THAT IS TOO FUNNY.
WILL GOOGLE YOUR ITINERARY CHOICES OVER THE WEEKEND.
TAKE A PEEP AT WHERE YOU'RE TINKING OF GOING. HOPE THE COST IS LOW.
HOW MANY MORE DAYS LEFT???
THE CARD WAS TOO FUNNY AND I LOVED IT OF COURSE. FORGOT TO SAY THAT.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #58  
Happy September

FOR MRL'S HOLIDAY CHEER...CLICK THIS...LA LA LA

http://smudge77.multiply.com/video/item/751

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-09-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #59  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday ladies -

I'm so thrilled it's Friday. We got our tree last night and tonight is tree-decorating. We'll probably do more decorating tomorrow and maybe take a drive to see houses and neighborhoods lit up with Christmas lights.

I woke up still having pain at the procedure site and down my leg. I know the doc said it would take a couple more weeks, and I can deal with that if it means months or years of pain relief. I just hope the meds kick in soon.

Shad - I totally understand about the desperation to get as much done before people take off for the holidays. I think that happens in every organization. But don't overdo the working, you want to be quite healthy for your holiday travels! I really like Scotty's approach! The e-card literally had me laughing out loud. I'm glad DS2 granted permission to use his picture, and I'm glad Sunday consented as well. My DH and DMIL got a great laugh out of the card as well. Thank you!

Mel - I love the kitty and the squirrel photo! There should be a mistletoe above them. Sorry that your sleep keeps getting interupted. We've been running our heaters for awhile now, since the highs have been in the mid-30s (F) and the lows in the mid to upper teens. I'm sure it's even colder way up north der hey where Happy lives. As for gift wrapping, I must confess that I use a lot of gift bags...for gifts that odd shapes (or just plain odd!).

A big to all of you! I sure wish we lived closer so we could get together for the holidays!

Much love and many hugs,
Old 12-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #60  

Morning all. TGIF!!!

Michelle - Too bad no one in your neighborhood has wanted to host a party after you did it. People are just too busy these days in their own little worlds! That, or they think it's too expensive (which is why the potluck kind of parties are so nice - they help with the labor and the cost). Or they're like my neighbor, who feels her house is inferior to those of other neighbors and doesn't want to host. Sigh, yes, people are going to be curious about your house and have opinions on your furnishings, decor, etc, but they'll usually be very polite. It's the fact that you've shared your roof for the party that matters. Hope you like the books/dvds you borrowed. Our library also lets us put books on hold online, and then notifies us via e-mail when they're available - sooo convenient. I'm about #120 on the list for Janet Evanovich's latest book, lol. But I like to browse around sometimes too and discover a new author to read.

Shad - Hope you're not working too hard on your last couple days before your holiday. Ha,ha re Scotty's approach - let them choose, as long as it's what we want!

Mel - Another cute image! Poor kitty! Hope the quiet continues into the weekend and may you spend several nights uninterrupted by alarms!! Yup, colder here too, and we finally got a wee bit of snow. I'm okay with that since the forecast is for Sunday to be near 40 degrees and thus melt it all.

Annie - how was Ainsley's Christmas show at school? (Is it okay if I say Christmas, or should I call it "holiday"? How silly that people take offense. It's like we can't enjoy Christmas anymore!

Happy - I'm sure you've heard by now that Jonathan Brandmeier is back on the radio - at WGN of all places!! I listened a bit this morning. He's as annoying and spastic as I always found him to be. And now I've got that Moo-moo song playing in my head, lol. (Not that they will be playing that on WGN any time soon, I imagine.) If he just chills out a bit, he'll probably be okay...

Hi Ceejay!
--
I went to the circuit class last night and then came home and ate some of the navy bean soup bf made using the ham bone his SIL gave him on Thanksgiving. Yum.

I was walking down the narrow hallway last night and must have been stretching or something as I went because my elbow went right into the corner of one of the prints we have hanging on the wall there. Ouch! It really hurt and still hurts today. I also must have wrenched my shoulder blade in class, because that was hurting too, especially if I took deep breaths. Sigh. I'd like to be at home today snuggled in with some heating pads, but I'm here at work and looking forward to quitting time.

Better get back to it. Keeping busy will make the day go quicker!

Have a good weekend everyone!