Old 12-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #31  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies -

I could've sworn I posted over the weekend...I must've started the post and got called away from the computer before I could finish it.

Get the rolling pins out ladies...and the cattle prods...I've been overdoing it (again). And I'm definitely paying the price. The hip and leg pain has been really bad all weekend...I still believe this is a side effect of the procedure. But on the positive note, my back doesn't hurt where it used to.

After working 1/2 day on Friday, I finished wrapping and boxes the gifts that had to be shipped to CA, then DMIL and I went to ship them, and went out to a late lunch/early dinner after that. Later that evening, the local Mormon church was having a living Nativity and also displaying over 700 different Nativity sets from all over the world! There were handmade ones, a Peanuts one, an origami one, all the way to a Waterford Crystal set. They were all beautiful, unique and interesting in their own way.

On Saturday, we ran a lot of errands, and none of the stores had scooter carts available, so I did A LOT of walking. Then Saturday evening we went to a "Festival of Trees" event fundraiser held at the local Humane Society (a no-kill shelter). Community organizations and businesses "sponsor" and decorate trees, wreaths and centerpieces which are then available for auction or get raffled off. The trees have very creative themed decorations, and they are all so lovely! Plus, there is beautiful live Christmas music sung by choirs or played on guitars, keyboards or dulcimers. And there a fabulously yummy bake sale!

Yesterday, I did some cooking in the morning along with a bit of interior Christmas decorating, and then DH and I went outside to cover the lawn in penguins! We woke up to a slight dusting of snow, which made the front yard look even more festive.

I'm so far behind on what's been going on with y'all. I hope you're doing well. I'll read and do personals later or tomorrow.

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Don't over do things for the rest of the week. Your week end sounded like fun though.

Laura
I wish I had the incentive to do some baking. The frog ornament sounds to cute.

-----
From the looks of the radar around 11 this morning the snow was going to hit us around noon, but low and behold it turned and went North. Sorry Annie it looks like it's at your house.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #33  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Grey and cool today. But when I get home I will bring the washing in (again) and then it should come out fine and sunny again.
Kept really busy yesterday afternoon and repotted four of the hanging pots, vacuumed the living end of the house (as opposed to the dead end???) and made some lunches in advance (Bacon and mushroom bake) for the rest of the week. They look okay too. Today I guess I had better do some more pots and clean up the spare room. It looks very unloved. I need to get out some Christmas cards (they will be electronic this year) and write the Christmas letter. Sounds like a busy night (again). But...... only 9 days to lift off.

Mel - glad you are enjoying the Christmas Aussie style. I went and had a check of the site, some really good old Aussie style songs there. Should be an NZ one around somewhere as well. Seem to remember things like 'A Pukeko in a Punga tree' Yes all dizzy spells are gone. Weight went back down again too - but not far enough. Had to be something I ate that day.
I'll send you over some cash to spend if you like. No problem.

Ceejay - someone put a tree up in the office the other day. Not that anyone is making any Christmas type noises - all looking forward to the holiday they have to have.

Laura - that ornament exchange sounded like a great idea. I haven't put a tree up for years. I wonder where it went? There were some quite nice bits and pieces in that box - I remember I had a box (12) red apple decorations. We should now (if I can find it) only have 11 since Shad the dog decided to eat one for his Christmas present. We couldn't work out what all this red stuff coming out of his mouth was! and rushed him down to the vet.

Michelle -
That enough beating up? Sounds like you are doing a good enough job of beating yourself up. How about just pacing yourself - some hard work and some rest. 15 minutes at a time. It is amazing just how much one can get done in 15 minutes

Anyway - the day is cranking up. Time to get on with the job such as it is. I'll be back later in the day.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #34  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Started to post, got a tummy ache, puked...will post tomorrow nite...sorry
\
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #35  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

JUST IN CASE IT'S SNOWING IN SOME OF OUR CHICKS NEIGHBORHOODS!!!

MORNING CHICKS.
BEFORE I FORGET, DID I SAY BEFORE THAT WE'RE NOT DOING CARDS THIS YEAR??
I AM RUNNING AROUND SO MUCH THAT I MIGHT HAVE FORGOTTEN TO SAY WE'RE DOING JUST E-MAILS AGAIN. WHEN I READ SHAD'S POST I WAS REMINDED.
THE PLUMBER WAS IN THE BLDG TILL DINNERTIME AND WE MIGHT BE NEEDING ANOTHER WATER HEATER. THE TOP BRASS WAS WARNED MONTHS AGO (WHEN WE REPLACED THE OTHER TANK) THAT THIS WOULD HAPPEN AND TO LET HIM ORDER ANOTHER ONE FOR A STANDBY...FIRST IT WAS OK'D & THEN POSTPONED. NOW IT COUD TAKE 3-4 WEEKS TO GET ONE ORDERED AND IN PLACE. WHAT A PITA.. WHILE THIS IS NGOING ON OF COURSE THE WATER "RECOVERY" FOR A BLDG WITH OVER 100 PEOPLE IN IT IS LOW AND OUR TEMPS FOR WASHING ETC ARE LOW AT PEAK TIMES. ANOTHER PAIN.
JUST WHAT I WANT....FOR SENIORS TO BE BOILING WATER AND TRYING TO CARRY IT INTO THE BATHROOM INSTEAD OF WASHING IN THE KITCHEN SINK
ANYWAY..........NOTHING CAN BE DONE NOW.
THE SAD THING IS THAT THE NEW MAINT MAN TRIED TO GET THE PLUMBER INTO TROUBLE STATINGA FALSEHOOD TO THE BOSS. THE PLUMBER ASKED ME TO STRAIGHTEN IT OUT AND WAS FURIOUS. THIS CRAP IS GOING TO KEEP ON UNTIL SOMEONE GETS "HURT". REPUTATIONS ARE AT STAKE AND THESE VENDORS ARE NOT GOING TO STAND BY AND LET THIS FOOL RUIN THEIR REPS. I AM JUST FED UP.
TODAY IS A DAY OFF....MENTAL HEALTH. ;crazy:
NEED SOME DISTANCE FROM THE FOOLS AND I WANT TO FINISH PLANNING MEALS AND LITTLE STUFF FOR MYSELF AND THE KIDS HOLIDAY.
HAVE A SUPER DUPER DAY

LLARA....ANYTIME YOU NEED SOMEONE TO FILL IN THE F-WORDS JUST GIVE ME A CALL. I AM FLUENT IN F-WORDESE. USE IT ALL THE TIME. AND I CAN SAY IT IN MORE THAN ONE LANGUAGE. THE ORNAMENT EXCHANGE SOUNDED GREAT. WE SHOULD DO THAT HERE. THIS YEAR THEY OPTED FOR NO GIFTS AGAIN AND EVERYONE IS DOWN.
SOUNDED LIKE A GOOD WEEKEND. I COULD NEVER MAKE SUGAR COOKIES RIGHT EITHER. BUT MINCEMEAT COOKIES! YUM!!

CEEJAY.....I LOVE REARRANGING FURNITURE. MAKES THE PLACE FEEL SO NEW! HOPE YOU FIND SOME ENERGY BEFORE THE NEXT SHOT. THAT CAN'T BE MUCH FUN. TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF. GLAD THE SNOW MISSED YOU.

MICHELLE...THE NATIVITY DISPLAY SOUNDED GREAT. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I WILL REFRAIN WITH THE ROLLING PIN. YOU ARE A BIG GIRL NOW AND KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER THOUGH. THE FESTIVAL OF TREES IS A GREAT IDEA. MUST HAVE BEEN A LOT OF FUN ALL AROUND. LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR.

SHAD....GLAD THE DIZZINESS WENT AWAY. MAY YOUR DAYS CONTINUE ON A GOOD NOTE SO YOU CAN ENJOY THE FLIGHT AND THE VISIT.
I WILL GOOGLE THE NZ CHRISTMAS STUFF LATER ON. I FOUND THE SONGS INTERESTING AND VERY HAPPY. I LOVE THAT THE LYRICS ARE INCLUDED TOO. NOT THAT I HAD A TOUG TIME WITH THE ACCENT.... i BOOKMARKED THE SITE SO I CAN PLAY IT WHILE THE KIDS ARE HERE. STAY WELL & HAPPY MY SOUTHERN MOST SISTER.PEOPLE ACROSS THE BIG POND LOVE YOU

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-06-2011 at 08:07 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #36  
Happy September

ANNIE....MY POOR SISTA!! HOPE THE TUMMY FEELS BETTER AND YOU HAVE A BETTER DAY NOT A GOOD WAY TO BEGIN THE DAY.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Feel better soon. I litterally hate that onset type tummy ache. Think your stress has caught up with you. Hope you can stay in bed for the rest of the day.

Mel
Love, love love the picture and your avatar. This is how I like the snow, on paper.
Some people don't know how to live with out drama in their lives.
-----
Last night I found some energy and cleaned the kitchen. Tonight I'm picking up the living room.
We had 4 inches of rain over the past couple of days. It's very wet down here but I haven't heard of any major street flooding. The street dept did a better job this time in keeping the storm drains decluttered.
On the way to work this morning I had to pull over for sirens. 2 fire trucks and a couple of police cars. Don't know where they were headed.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #38  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning girls,

Gee can it be that I haven't posted in 2 days? This being a housewife sure does take up my time Most probably I get interrupted by my partner here ... he wants to go out and pick up some deer corn and go to the post office so I'm sure he will be pushing me along soon. I thought things were supposed to go more quietly in retirement but we always seem to be in a hurry to get things done

Annie - sorry to hear that you are under the weather today. Hope you are able to stay home and take care of yourself. Got any ginger ale in that stash of good stuff in the pantry? Feel better

Michelle- same goes for you missy, don't make me come down there and tie you down. Things are already busy this time of year - got to pace yourself, don't want to push and undo what that procedure was to have done for you. Listen to your body and take care of yourself.

Ceejay - I'm glad the snow swung north and you didn't get washed away - the way they were talking it looked like it was going to be spring all over again with flooding. Sounds like you are getting a good handle on the tidying up.

Shad - I have some of those decorative apples myself. Little ones that look quite pretty on a green tree and some big ones that sit in a bowl on the table. At least you have a funny story (now) about them - bet you didn't laugh then. Vacation is just around the corner - is DS going with you or are you going it alone? How's the weather back there, be packing your Santa hat and fur bikini?

Laura - did you get your review done? Thanks for reminding me of yet another thing I was glad to leave behind in Tennessee The ornament exchange sounded like fun and a nice idea. We did a white elephant gift exchange at book club - trading gifts we got that we didn't really want or could use. It made for some great laughs. Consequently I now have a very large silver Christmas tree / cookie jar - would anyone like it? All you ladies are talking about watching Christmas shows on TV so last night I watched A Charlie Brown Christmas.

I should feel Christmasy with all this cold and snow around but all I feel is pressure to get into the mood. I am going to do cards this year for the first time in about 3 years, mostly just to let people know we have moved.

Your graphic today Mel looks like my house - except of course for the lighthouse I'll have to ask DH if I can use one of his cameras and post a shot looking outside the window.

Be back later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #39  

Morning all.

Michelle - Your weekend sounded fun, but very tiring. I'd love to have seen all the different nativity scenes! Shame, shame for overdoing it - bad girl!! Live and learn...or pay the price! Hope the pain has eased up.

Shad - The apples sound nice. Must have been awful when Shad the dog ate one of them, but hopefully you can laugh about it now! The bf is being a Scrooge about putting up outdoor lights...and that doesn't make me want to involve him in any of the other holiday decorating. Which brings me to our tree - in two separate bags in the attic, and getting the one bag through the attic access opening is like two pounds of baloney in a one package - you definitely need two people for it. Boo. I do like the tree - prelit, plenty of room for ornaments, but it is big and awkward. I'm thinking maybe next year I'll get a skinnier one. As for this year - I might just put up the little 4-footer we have from way back when.

Ceejay - Glad the snow missed you. Four inches is a lot of rain - glad the sewers were clear.

Mel - Sorry the replacement of the hot water heater is a big mess - and it sounds like that could lead to a chain reaction of problems when everyone starts trying to deal with the lack of hot water!! Sounds like something the office needs to deal with - not you!! Stay tucked in your apartment and don't answer the door!! Thanks for the offer for help w/ the f words, LOL. Oh, I learned a new one while reading "The Stupidest Angel". "F---tard" Very un-PC, I know - that's why I like it, haha.

Annie - Hope you're feeling better this morning!!

Happy - Aww, you're still not in the spirit after watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas"?? We recorded it last night and I'm looking forward to watching it soon. I'll probably do electronic cards this year...dunno. No, haven't finished my self-appraisal yet. It's mostly complete because I did it last month for a meeting about it with the boss, so all I have is a few revisions based on our discussion. Unfortunately, I also have to do a couple 360 reviews for some colleagues. Ugh.
--
Nothing much to report. Didn't exercise last night and I didn't shop either. Just watched tv and read. Tonight I'm seeing the movie "The Descendents" with George Clooney. It's supposed to be very good.

That's about it. Time to get to the appraisal finished and submitted. It's the boss's last day in the office before leaving for vacation, so it might get nutty before the day is over. And after that - peace. Ahhh.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #40  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Tuesday ladies -

It's an insanely busy day at work. I started this post early in the am, but I've had back to back to back meetings. I often go for days without any meetings and today I have a day full of them. I changed my work at home day this week to tomorrow as I have a diagnostic test for my procedure coming up on the 28th. Tomorrow, the doc will inject novacaine (or some other numbing medicine) where he would be performing the procedure, and if I get 80% or more relief for 4 or more hours, then he'll repeat the diagnostic test next week to make sure this week's results aren't a fluke. If I get relief from both tests, then it's a "go" for the procedure on the 28th.

My left leg is still bothering me a little from the first procedure, but the thigh pain is nearly gone, so now it's just the pain in my shin. As of last night, I'm back to doing my physical therapy exercises, and starting today, I'm getting back to using my inversion machine once or twice per day.

Today after work, I'm going to bring up the boxes of the Christmas Village I have so that DMIL and I can arrange it. Or maybe I'll just bring up the boxes and let her arrange everything.

I appreciate all your good wishes for procedures and for the pain to go away. And I also appreciate your for my overdoing it. I'm trying to learn from my mistakes and take care of myself. But sometimes I overdo because I try and save DH from doing stuff.

Laura - I've tried to convince my family to draw names or whatever when it comes to gift giving. No such luck. DH's sisters' families are facing hard times financially so they told us not to buy for them because they couldn't reciprocate. But they told us yesterday, after the boxes were mailed. It doesn't matter...we don't give to get. And if they're having tough times, all the more reason to get them a little something to put under their tree. If I didn't work for a major retailer that has been giving very generous employee discounts the past few weeks, we wouldn't be able to get as many gifts as we did. Hobby Lobby's ornament and Christmas decor selection does get picked over really early in the season. I really dislike self-appraisals and am not looking forward to doing mine next month. Enjoy the movie tonight!

Ceejay - Is there still snow on the ground there? We had a dusting yesterday morning, and I had to brush the car off, but there's nothing on the ground today. I highly recommend wearing a mask when you're working around things that upset your sinuses. I wore a mask the day I brought up the lawn decorations from the basement as there's lots of dust down there. on the yoga and the weight watchers! The holidays have me blue sometimes too. I think it's cause I miss my parents even though it's been 8 years since they passed.

Mel - So nice that you were able to accomplish so much for the seniors and ease the drama of the kids. That's awful about the ex changing her mind about buying the return tickets! Loved the penguin graphic. So sorry to hear of all the drama caused by the maintenance man with regards to the plumber. I'm glad you took today off to decompress. like you, I'm fluent in f-wordese.

Happy - I'm so happy that your DH can get his license changed and become an official Cheesehead!! Now you just have to start cheering for the Green Bay Packers. Your parade stories are so funny! I love small town (or even medium sized town parades! On New Year's Day, a small town near us has the Toilet Bowl football game and parade. During the parade, spectators are encouraged to throw rolls of toilet paper back and forth across the street as "streamers" (it's all cleaned up and recycled later). It's pretty fun and definitely has to be experienced to be believed! As to your question...the cold weather does make my back stiff and painful sometimes. And I always wear shoes with good tread on snow or ice. I'm a firm believer in practicality and comfort over fashion. Nice that you're having light fluffy snow. I don't mind the powder, it's the wet, heavy stuff that makes my back cringe. I hope you're able to find a nice fitting pair of boots. Glad you're having a good time with the cousins! I'd never heard about tossing food scraps outside. Wow! I guess things are different up in the northwoods! With all the lovely photos you and your DH take, I couldn't believe you don't have a camera. I hope Santa definitely delivers one to you for Christmas or that DH lets you use his cameras.

Annie - I'm so glad to hear that lil monkey got rave reviews at his first doc appointment! So adorable that Chris' daughter calls you "Nannie". Too funny about Hella B looking like a lion. I'm glad not too much blood was shed/lost. We had to do that with a cat once. Not an experience I'd wish on ANYONE. As for Christmas...I'm with you...I'd much prefer to share an "experience" with those I love (whether it's a nice meal, or some fun activity) than the gift giving thing. I hope you're feeling better today. Tummy problems are no fun at all. to you sweet sista.

Shad - I'm glad to hear the dizziness passed. I can imagine how excited you are about your upcoming trip to NZ for the holidays! I guess "pub crawls" are universal! We have those here too...of course, Milwaukee is a town where at just about any given intersection, 3 of 4 corner establishments are taverns! Therefore, pub crawling just means crossing the street. I like your idea of 15 min. of work followed by rest. I'll give that a try.

Time to go to another meeting!

Love and hugs to all,
Old 12-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #41  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey Girlies...not much time to post...I love you all....

It has been an awful day at work...hate my boss, and all the changes...looking actively now....

So much chaos that I took a personal day tomorrow...Wednesday..not too exciting as Curtis and I are cleaning carpets....blah

Baby Jake is doing so great. He is so sweet.

Taking the fixings for tacos and nachos to sissy's for dinner tomorrow...We have decided that I will bring dinner on Wednesday night's. Thursday we are going to DDs baby daddy's daughter, Ainsley's, Christmas program...First grade should be cute...

CHELLE...you rock and you know why..I love you sis.....hope all the parts start feeling much better...it is just not fair...

Laura...how was the movie...I love George Clooney!

Happy...unfortunately...retirement..involves the other partner..

Ceejay...had to go to work but in much better condition...most of my worries are with staying asleep at night...I wake up after 4 hours and cannot sleep any longer.

Mellie...so sorry to hear about the seniors plumbing probs...they do not like extra work when it come to boiling water to get by...Yikes.

Shaddie...yum mushroom and bacon bake...omg, two of my most favs...bet it was good...please post the recipe.

Gonna clean up kitchen with my BF and then off to bed...oh yeah..what a dessert that will be!! hehe

Love and hugs...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #42  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Wednesday ladies -

I'm at work for a few hours before I have to leave for my diagnostic test procedure, then I might come back to the office or I might work from home the rest of the day...depends on how I feel.

Last night, I did my physical therapy exercises, used my inversion machine for 10 minutes and then pulled out my Wii Fit and did 15-20 minutes on that. I was sore beforehand, and a little more sore afterwards...but was still glad I did it.

Annie - I'm sorry that work is getting so awful and that you don't like your boss. We reorg so often here that I've had 6 managers in 5 years. So my DH tells me that I like what I do and the company in general, don't make a career move to follow a good boss or leave a yucky one...because chances are another reorg and a new boss is just around the corner. Now if you don't like what you're doing or see any room for growth, or don't like the company...that's a different story. Of course, that's just my free advice...and it's worth what you pay for it. Tacos and nachos sound yummy and totally kid friendly! Have fun at Ainsley's Christmas program!

Well, looks like the rest of ya's are sleeping in...so I'll check back later. Here's to a great day for all of us!

Much love and many hugs,
Old 12-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #43  
Happy September

GOOD MONRING EVERYONE.
I REALLY NEED TO GET A GOOD START ON WRAPPING.
I KEEP PUTTING IT OFF AND ALL THE STUFF IS RIGHT HERE TOO.
LAZY SOD THAT I AM.
I ENDED UP STAYING HOME THE ENTIRE DAY.
I GOT A BIT DIZZY.
POOR SINUSES AREN'T SURE IF IT'S SPRING OR WINTER.
BUT I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT HAVING WINDOWS OPENED IN DECEMBER.
ONE MAN HERE IS BEING TAKEN OFF HIS VALIUM & MORPHINE.
YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW HE FEELS WITHOUT THEM.
NOW HE THINKS EVERY OTHER NIGHT HE NEEDS TO PULL THE MEDICAL ALARM AND GO TO THE ER.
LAST NIGHT WAS NO EXCEPTION.
NOT SURE HOW MUCH LONGER I CAN BE "NICE" IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.SIGH.
BROKEN SLEEP IS BEGINNING TO CATCH UP WITH ME.
HE'S BEEN THERE EITHER 4 OR 5 TIMES ALREADY.
HE MUST BE ON A FIRST NAME BASIES WITH ALL THE NURSES & DOCTORS
I HAVEN'T TALKED MUCH ABOUT WEIGHT BUT I PUT BACK WHAT I LOST IN HOSPITAL.
TODAY I SEE I LOST 4 LBS SINCE THE SUMMER. BACK DOWN TO 190.
WONDER IF I AM GOING TO KEEP LOSING. WE SHALL SEE.
TODAY IS THE OFFICE FOR A LITTLE BIT AND THEN HOME.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

CEEJAY.....RAINING HERE TOO WITH A THREAT OF SNOW TOMORROW NIGHT BUT IT'S MUCH TOO WARM FOR THAT.
GLAD YOU FOUND SOME ENERGY AND FEEL OK. HOPE IT STICKS AROUND!
LATELY IT SEEMS THAT'S ALL WE HEAR ARE SIRENS.
PEOPLE ALL OVER ARE TRYINGTO BURN THE PLACE DOWN!!
WHEN I HEARD ABOUT ALL THE SNOW DOWN SOUTH I QUICKLY LOOKED FOR YOU!!!!! POOR NEW MEXICO!!

HAPPY......I WAS CRACKING UP OVER HERE ABOUT BEING A HOUSEWIFE AND DH KEEPING YOU BUSY.
IT'S FUNNY HOW THAT HAPPENS!!
IN FACT I AM STILL LAUGHING!!!
IT'S LIKE "HURRY UP & GO SLOW"!!SOUNDS LIKE MY LIFE.
HOPE THE DEER LIKE THE CORN AND YOU SOMEDAY GET A GOOD PIC.
LOTS OF TIME FOR TAKING PICTURES NOW.
SPEAKING OF WHICH....YOUR PINK ROSE PIC FROM MY GETWELL CARD IS BEING USED AS A BOOKMARK NOW.
EVERY NIGHT I TAKE A LOOK AT IT. REALLY WAS A BEAUTIFUL FLOWER.
OHHHHH I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING.
DH SHOULD SEE LOTS OF BUTTERFLIES UP THER RIGHT???
I REMEMBER COUNTRY MEADOWS AND LOTS OF THEM FLITTERING AROUND. CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!! LOL

LAURA....NOW I AM REALLY CRACKINGUP. I MUST TEACH THAT TO OTHERS AND SPREAD THE WONDERFUL UN PC HOLIDAY CHEER!:hohho:
THAT IS TOO FUNNY. YOU SHOULD SEE THE SENIORS FACES WHEN I LET ONE WORD GO.
THEY USED TO BE SHOCKED BUT NOW THEY KNOW WHEN THEY HEAR THAT WORD THAT SOMETHING IS ACTUALLY GING TO BE DONE THE RIGHT WAY!!
IS THAT THE MOVIE WHERE GEORGE HAS A DAUGHTER???
SHE IS GETTING RAVE REVIEWS AND I SAW A CLIP. I LOVE TO LOOK AT HIM!

MICHELLE....PRAYING THE INJECTION WORKS AND NTHEY CAN GO AHEAD WITH THE PROCEDURE. WILL BE KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED TILL THEN WHEN IT'S ALL OVER
GLAD YOU GOT SOME EXERCISES IN. HOPE THEY HELP TOO.
GOOD LUCK TODAY :crossed

ANNIE....HAVE FUN WITH THE CARPETS.
WISH YOU WERE FLYING ONE INSTEAD OF CLEANINGONE!
WHAT TIME IS DINNER TONITE??? I CAN BRING THE VCR TAPES!!
WE CAN SIT AROUND AND CHAT & WATCH THEM!
YES THE BOX ARRIVED AND THEY WILL BE THRILLED.
I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH THE TITANIC OVER THE WEEKEND.
I THINK THEY WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT TOO.
MOST HAVE CABLE BUT ONLY FOR THE "ANTENNA & CONVERTER SERVICE".
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THINKING ABOUT THEM & ME TOO!!
CAN'T WAIT TO PUT THE CAPS AND SHIRTS TO USE!! LOL
YOU'RE A GREAT SISTER KISS JAKE FOR ME

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-07-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #44  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I hope these pictures are not too big to load.

From the upstairs loft area looking out the front windows at the top of the wall. This is my front yard "forest". You can't see the road from our place. The dark spot under the trees is where the deer eat the corn and apples. It looks really nice at night when it's lit up and you can actually see deer. To the very left in the corner is the small outdoor pine tree that DH wants to decorate as our Christmas tree.

And this is also up in the loft area, looking out the east window over the driveway at the "man cave". Hard to show the snow, mostly just trying to show the trees.

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-07-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #45  
Choose your hard

Going to be a short post for me this morning. We have a man coming soon to work on the furniture that was damaged in the move. One kid hoisted my hope chest on his back and banged his way into the house in the process breaking off two of the welded handles on the front. Not sure how they will fix that. And our dining room table has long scratches on it all over the table - those can be easily buffed out. So I have to get dressed and presentable before he comes over and I scare him away

Annie - I'm sorry things have taken a bad turn at work. I totally agree with Michelle about not following a boss (usually not possible) and if you wait long enough, like the weather in Chicago things will change. The worst part is when you hire with someone you like and then 2 months later the company changes things around I hope you land something good. If not, be like my coworker and set your mind that although this is not the best thing, it allows you a paycheck so you can do the fun stuff in your life like buy things for Sissy and Lil Monkey and baking products for Curtis and use it as your motivation to save for the grand escape one day.

Mel - glad you got back to your "fighting weight". Please put an end to the frequent night calls - not worth your health. You've been holding up fairly well lately - don't need any problems, ok? I'm sure DH will smile about you hanging on to his picture He likes when people like his work, although he doesn't say it out loud.

Michelle - hope you breeze through the morning and feel well enough to get through the work for the day. that this works for you.

Ceejay - I see that more snow is on the way by you. Such weather you are getting. And so early too.

Gotta run now - will be back later. Laura and Shad.