Old 12-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #166  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

Today we're all kinda tired here. We had a really nice time at DMIL's sister's. yummy meal and lots of laughs with the cousins and their kids.

DMIL and I just went grocery shopping to pick up eggs (with all the baking we had no eggs for brekkie this morning), and now we're going to settle in for a relaxing day watching movies. I may do some website work...or I may not. Also, an idea for a fiction novel FINALLY came to me last night. Maybe it was a Christmas miracle! So I at least want to get the outline of it down before my C.R.A.F.T. sets in.

Ceejay - don't work too hard.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Much love and many hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #167  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY I WOULD LOVE TO GO THERE AND HELP OUT!!
ANYWHERE BUT HERE WOULD BE A GREAT CHANGE.
HOPE BEING "BUSY" WILL MAKE YOUR TIME FLY.
HAVE A GREAT DAY

MICHELLE....YOU SNUCK IN WHILE I WAS LOOKING FOR RAZORBACK GIFS.
GLAD THE TIME SPENT WITH FAMILY WENT WELL.
NOW YOU CAN ALL REST UP. WE'RE BEING LAZY HERE AS WELL.
GOOD L,UCK WITH THE BOOK IDEA.
I ONCE BEGAN OPNE AND ALMOST FINISHED IT.
SOMEONE TOLD ME IT WAS CRAP & I SHREDDED IT.
ONE DAY ANOTHER PERSON ASKED WHEN I WAS GOING TO PUBLISH IT
JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU....DON'T LISTEN TO CRITICS!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-26-2011 at 01:24 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Love the Razorback sign. It's slowed down some this afternoon but when I get started on something the phone rings. It is making the day go by faster.

Michelle
I love time with family.

-----
Much excitment today. Found out via FB that my nephew and his gf are now engaged.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #169  
Happy September

CEEJAY...CONGRATULATIONS ON THEIR ENGAGEMENT!!
HOW SWEET IS THAT. A CHRISTMAS LOVE STORY.
GUESS YOU WILL BE HEADED HOME SOON.

I WAS BUSY MAKING A JANUARY SHOPPING LIST FOR TRADERS.
THE WHOLE IDEA GOT ME TO THINKING.
RATHER THAN WAIT FOR NEW YEARS, I DEDCIDED TO CLEAR OUT THE FRIDGE AND PANTRY AGAIN TODAY. LOTS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES ARE NOW IN THE KIDS HOUSE. JUST WHAT THEY NEED....MORE SUGARY TREATS.
I REGIFTED A LOT OF STUFF ALREADY BUT NONE TO THE OFFICE.
THEY DON'T NEED ANY HELP GAINING WEIGHT DOWN THERE.
I JUST COULDN'T FLOOD THEIR OFFICES WITH MORE JUNK.
TONITE IS SPAGHETTI & TURKEY MEATBALLS.
LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
JEN HAS FINALLY CRASHED SO I AM EATING ALONE.
NONE OF THEM FEEL TOO GREAT SO I TOLD THEM ALL TO STAY AWAY FROM ME
I AM TIRED AND GOING TO WATCH MOVIES & HAVE AN EARLY DINNER.
TOMORROW I AM GOING TO MAKE SOME "DIET" FOOD AND GET ON TRACK. MAYBE A TURKEY MEATLOAF. YUM.
SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-26-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #170  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hope Everyone had an excellent Christmas, I certainly did. All that mattered was here on the eve....we had a great time with our Taco Evening....so much fun........the babe was good...omg I just cannot tell you how great of time I had....

Baby Boy Soldier proposed to his GF...she said yes..and the date is set..mark your calendars....12.01.12....they both LOVE Christmas and winter....getting another daughter in the deal..more to love...so happy...

Goddaughter #2 announced she is preggo and due in August....so much excitement..and so happy for them. She is the daughter of my BFF in St. Louis....the sister to Goddaughter #1...Olivia and Dominic will have a new cousin....too much excitement for Nanna.

Worked 10.5 hours on Christmas Day...not bad...was extremely tired...at the end of the day but so worth it...225 dollars for the day.......

Curtis's girls and boyfriends came over today...the youngest was actually more about family than the older one....too sad...I just feel they give Curtis whatever time they "might" have for a minute for him...they arrived at 1:30 pm, got their presents, then were out of here by 2:30..I felt so sad for Curtis...my kids appreciate him more than his own...and I really think the only reason the oldest showed up was to get the $$ he gave them...Too sad..his youngest was more greatful and even brought both of us pressies.

Wish everyone the best of the best...so much love for you all..

Hugs...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #171  

Annie
Your Christmas day sounds a lot like mine. We also had a pregnancy announcement by my nephew2, whose brother, nephew1, announced his engagement. My sister is on cloud nine. And to top this all off she has a new job as an APN in a doctor's office. I've deen doing the happy dance this week.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #172  
Happy September

GOODS MORNING CHICKS.

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG WHILE THAT I HANDED IN AN ALMOST BLANK PAGE FOR A WEEKEND REPORT.
SO LITTLE HAPPENED THAT I PRINTED IT OUT AND STUCK IT IN THEOFFIC DOOR'S MAIL SLOT
EVEN THE BOSS LADY CALLED TO SEE IF OUR BLDG WAS A QUIET AS HER PEEPER. SHOCKING.
SO NOTHING TO REPORT ALL I DID WAS WATCH TV AND PLAY GAMES ON THE PC.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

ANNIE....GLAD THINGS ARE GOING SO WELL. MAYBE CURTIS' GIRLS WILL COME AROUND LATER ON. KIDS HAVE THEIR OWN IDEAS OF WHAT "HAPPENED" IN THEIR LIVES. JEN'S VERSION OF OUR LIFE TOGETHER IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM MINE
JAKE WAS STILL THE BEST PRESENT ANYONE GOT THIS YEAR

CEEJAY......GOOD TO SEE YOU DOINGTHE HAPPY DANCE THIS WEEK
Old 12-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #173  

Mel
Are we the only chicks around?
Not much news to much excitement last week. I'm still on cloud nine.
Today is so much more quiet at work. Awesome.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:46 PM   #174  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
The long lost chick has returned. I had to get up at an ungodly hour - even for me - to get to the airport in Wellington. Had a good flight home. I took my mothers Wedgewood tea set home. We spent Monday afternoon wrapping it and packing it and I carried it back. Couldn't trust that to the baggage handlers could I? Anyway it certainly became a talking point in our part of the cabin since the stewie asked me what it was when he came to help me put it up in the luggage rack. Then he carefully packed everyone elses soft backpacks around it and shut the door very gently. I have to say at this point that the man was gay. Not too many straight would even know the word Wedgewood much less know what a tea set was. He even recommended that I take the cream bowl to a specific restorer in Sydney when I said it had a couple of chips on it.
Spent a couple of hours at Sydney airport and then caught my flight home. Got home to find the contents of the shed scattered over the back yard and and the DS2 and his mate building a new garden shed (I think he has delusions of grandeur - since it looks more like a castle) So I got them some lunch, went to the shops to get some fruit and pick up a parcel and then came home to find where the brain was.

So pleased to see that you have all been coping without me. Seems like both Annie and Ceejay have had interesting Christmas' with the familys announcements. My congratulations to all concerned.
Annie - did I read right - you have a wedding to prepare for in a couple of weeks??? Oh no hang on you lot put the month before the day, don't you? So it is a December wedding next year.

Anyway - I won't try to catch up on the personals. This computer is complaining of lack of memory and is being very slow. Looks like a new one is not far away after all.

A couple of photos attached of my trip around Wellington and it's environs. More to come later. To explain, the picture with the Statue is Kupe pointing the way to Aotearoa (New Zealand) Kupe is reputed to be the leader of the first canoe from the legendary Hawaiiki from where the Maori came to settle in New Zealand. This statue used to be at the Wellington railway station but has been shift outside and up the road to the Ngati Poneke marae. (home of the Wellington Maori tribe (Ngati - people, Poneke = Maori for Port Nicholson) The garden is Chris's (from Japan) place, she has things growing everywhere and this is part of the vege and fruit patch. The other picture is Wellington City from Mt Victoria. Just above the trees in the middle you can see an Abbey - well monastry really - This is for sale. Has to die for views and we could use it for the commune - close to town, plenty of room, gardens established, and in an expensive part of town. I guess some developer will buy it and turn it into very expensive apartments.

Okay - gotta go - do the laundry, make up a shopping list, get the vacuum cleaner out and go get some more basket pots for the orchid repotting session coming up. Have a fun day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kupe and tribe at Ngati Poneke.jpg (24.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Part of Chris's prolific vege garden.jpg (43.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Wellington City from Mt Victoria..jpg (25.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Shad; 12-27-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: To spread the culture
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #175  

Shad
Welcome Home. Like the pictures.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #176  

Shad
Welcome Home. Like the pictures.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM   #177  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good evening/morning all.....

The wedding of baby boy soldier will be December 1st 2012...next year. They almost have it all planned out already...too funny. Burgandy/Forest Green and Latte are the colors...I asked him what the H was "LATTE"...he said dark tan...I said then say DARK TAN sheesh...I guess latte sound better to them...whatever...baby Jake will be in the wedding...if he cannot walk by then the other ring boy will pull him down the aisle in a wagon...too funny. Kids...yikes...guess I best be saving up for a rehearsal dinner. Dear Lord, please let me and the worldlie chickies hit the lottery BIG TIME!!

Ceejay...it is so much more fun to do the happy dance, isn't it?

Shaddie...welcome home and the pix are great...I think you should put together a picture book of your travels and get it published...

MELLIE...yes, I am kind of partial to the greatest prezzie of all...baby Jake...he is so sweet.

CHELLE...I want to write a book also..but cannot think of a subject either. THought about a cookbook, but there are so many out there it would just probably get lost in the shuffle. And now there is no Oprah to promote it...lol

Happy...how was the first Christmas up north? Exciting?

Laura...how was your short lived vacay?

We had ice then snow last night and most of the day...none of it stuck to the concrete so it was not as bad as expected, just hope the wet streets don't freeze over tonight. High on this Friday will be 45. Too weird.

Curtis's girls and BFs came over yesterday around 1:30, stayed for chow and left by 2:05 pm. I mean really..I felt sorry for Curtis...I am glad he lowered the amount he gave each girl as they are not deserving of his love.

For being a short week, it sure feels like a long one...we will get early release on Friday. I have a hair appt on Friday at 2 for a cut. I am in desparate need of a pedicure but do not want to put the money out for it and I also took off my nails (nails and end of fingies hurt like H) to save even more money.

January 1st, I am getting hot on exercise and diet...I have been gearing myself/mind up for the start of it then. Everyday I am more and more motivated....Curtis says he will join me on healthier eating and a bit of exercising...maybe, just maybe I will accomplish getting this 15 lbs off off off.

Me tired, going to bed soon, woke up at 12:30 this morning and was up the rest of the night..I think part of it is I am having a tough time getting used to having a person in bed with me...and the snoring....it is getting better but not great.

Have a great night/morning...everyone.

Loves and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:13 AM   #178  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING KIDDOS.

ALREADY ONE WENT THE HOSPITAL THIS MORNING.
POOR OLD GEORGE. HE FELT YESTERDAY TOO.
ALMOST TIME TO GET UP SO I MIGHT AS WELL GET THE DAY STARTED.
I AM NOT LIKING THESE "BLACK" MORNINGS. WHERE IS MY SUN?
TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST, THERE IS NOTHING NEW TO TELL YOU.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY.

CEEJAY.... HAVE YOU STOPPED SPINNING AROUND AND DOING THE HAPPY DANCE YET?
HOPE WORK STAYED CALM. I WAS SO QUIET OVER HERE.
THE LOUDEST THING WE HAD WAS WIND GUSTS & RAIN!!

HOME SHAD.....GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK WITH US AGAIN.
BE ASSURED THAT YOU WERE GREATLY MISSED.
YOU HAVE FOUND A WONDERFUL PLACE FOR THE COMMUNE!!
CHRIS CAN HELP US GETTING OUR VEGGIES TILL WE GET OUR OWN GOING.
HER GARDEN SEEMS TO BE DOING WONDERFULLY!!
MAYBE WE CAN FIX IT SO THAT KUPE POINTS IN OUR DIRECTION!!
I LOVED THE PICS. JUST SEEING ALL THAT GREEN GAVE ME HOPE FOR SPRING!!
WELCOME HOME MY SISTER

ANNIE.... I WOULD LOVE TO LOSE 15 LBS!!! SO GOOD LUCK WITH THE PLANS.
HAVE NO FEAR. I WILL STAND BY WITH THE WHIP, TAZER & MAYBE EVEN THE DREADED ROLLING PIN!!
POOR CURTIS. HOPE THE GIRLS CAN REALIZE WHAT A GREAT DAD THEY HAVE
CUTTING BACK ON EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE THE SCHEME OF THINGS FOR 2012.
HAD A LAUGH ABOUT THE LATTE. IT'S ALL YOU HEAR ON TV NOW.
EVERYTIME I HEAR IT I WANT A STARBUCKS
WHERE IS THE TIME GOING?!?!?! THEY GROWN UP SO FAST.

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-28-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #179  

Annie
Good luck with the new strategy. I've tried everything to keep my motivation. It's left and I guess it will take an earth shaking dr's visit to get myself going again.

Mel
The sun is shining this morning. I'm still excited about all the good news of last week. And about it being the last work day this week. My 4 day week end is almost here.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #180  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

So happy to hear all the great news of the engagements and new arrivals!!

I got up around 5:30 am today, had brekkie, then went back to bed and wasn't planning on getting up for another hour but the doggies had other ideas. Today is procedure day for DH and me, and since I'm having sedation, I can't eat/drink anything after 6 am...so I was just gonna sleep. DH went into work at 2 am so he could put in a full day before having to leave at 10:30 to come get me and drive us both to the doc's. He's not having sedation, so he's able to drive. We should be home around 2 or 3 (after stopping at the pharmacy), but I'll probably be too loopy to get on the computer (I'll try to later on though).

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote