Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #301  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Well I saw the Dietian again....

We have set up app't for every week from now until my birthday except for 2 wks in March when she is on vacation. We have set goals of 2 lbs a week, 10 lbs per month. 30 lbs in total by my birthday. The big goal is my birthday in 2010 of 125 lb goal.

Its interesting that her diet plan is to follow the Canada's food Guide. I did it her way for a week and gained a pound. My body just loves carbs, any kind and holds on to it. So this week I get to do the dieting my way which is Atkins/Blood type O. She asked me what will happen if I lose 3 lbs doing it my way. I told her that if that happens next week then we will come up with a compromise. I get my carbs from veggies not bread, rice or fruit and stuff.

I print off each days meals. I am keeping track on the daily plate and take them to her.

This week she also wants me to work on getting 3 days of exercise at 20 min. each.

I am feeling really good about my weight loss program now that I have some support on a weekly basis. Now if I could just get it on a daily basis I could concur this weight problem in no time.

LMB
Old 02-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #302  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

yes, most dietitians are totally programmed to CFG. And because it CAN work for some, or many, it is assumed we are all alike. One of the great things they do tho is teach serving sizes, and I have really had difficulty with this, and getting myself toward normal sizes has really helped me.
But I have hit a plateau, and I think reducing grain based carbs is the next step to go.
good luck,and good for you!
Old 02-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #303  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Nice sunny day today . . . such a treat. It was even pretty mild at just below freezing, but it was windy.

Notnhing exciting on my agenda for the weekend -- doing a little knitting.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #304  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Default Big snow storm for us in Western Ontario

It started snowing at 12:20 pm. We are expecting 15 cm to fall through the afternoon evening and over night. DH will be going into work tonight if he ever makes it home. Roads are nasty already.

Watching and taping Rambo Marthon thats on today for my son. I hope he likes it.

LMB
Old 02-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #305  
Onward and Downward

We are due to get that one on Monday, I think so it must be moving rather slowly since it usually only takes us 24 hours to get what you send our way -- actually, you can just keep it there if you like.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #306  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Default The sun is shining brightly today.

But the wind is blowing the London area is suppose to get snow squalls I don't know how much of it we will get being west of the city.

Cooking a turkey today for lunch then leftover turkey for supper. It works well on the meal plan. Its my last one I am hoping they put them on sale again so I can stock up. I like to have one about once a month if I can.

What are you all having to eat today?

LMB
Old 02-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #307  
Onward and Downward

Another gorgeous day around here BUT, the TV is covered in those awful red warning screens. Rain, followed by freezing rain, followed by snow starting overnight and continuing through tomorrow and maybe Tuesday too.

Dinner for me is going to be salmon with green beans and cauliflower. Funny how different we all are -- I am not a turkey lover by any stretch of the imagination although I love chicken. I eat turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas and that's it.

Hope Sunday has been good for all . . .
Old 02-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #308  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Meow, how did you prepare your salmon. I love salmon and am always looking for new ways to cook it. I use the Highliner Frozen Filets.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #309  
Onward and Downward

Another gorgeous stretch of sunny and relatively mild weather continues. Nothing is forever, of course and we are due for more snow on Saturday.

Afraid I do nothing exciting to my salmon. Usually just put it in a dish and microwave it from frozen and then serve it with mango-lime salsa. I use the Highliner too.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #310  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Default Rain, Rain go away come back another day....

We are having none stop rain today. The wind is no picnic either. Then its suppose to turn cold again. The only thing I hate about this kind of weather is the up and down in temps. Just stay at one temp until spring then go higher.

On a different note. I saw the dietian again yesterday. Doing the diet my way got me a 5 lb loss. She would like me to add 2 breads(complex carbs a day) and 2 fruit. I am not sure I can do that just yet. I may add 1 complex carb and 1 fruit. I looked into High Fiber fruit. rasberries and strawberries are 15 g of carbs 8 of which is fiber and on 5 is sugar per cup. I may be eating a lot of raspberries. I do like Ezeikel bread and have 1 when I eat poached eggs. But its not very high in fiber compared to others. On the O blood type diet there are only a few bread type products I can have.

LMB
Old 02-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #311  
Madeleine

Default im back

I haven't disappeared, I just went back to work, and have been crazy busy.
BUT, I have been staying on plan, even if not eating at home much. I have had some frozen dinners (blue menu or lean cuisine) and the breakfast sandwich at Tim's, with no meat, and only one half of the bagel (lower fat than the biscuit). I have managed to break my plateau, and was actually 171.5 today, but will wait to see if that lasts.
Today, I was starving at 4 pm, so went to harvey's and had a veggie burger, much less fat, and just water, no fries or rings. Was nicely filling, will have a smaller, later supper and that will be fine.
I am being much better about snacking! Because it was a problem before I was really afraid to snack, but now planned healthy snacks, or even improvised healthy snacks are working well. I am so pleased with things.
I haven't had as much time to exercise as I would like this week, but with the busy-ness, that isn't surprising, and that won't last forever.

2b125, I agree about the grains. Why increase them? Sprouted grain bread is more easily digested and gives you more nutrition too, so you need less. And if you are getting enough fibre from other sources and are not constipated etc. I don't see a lot of value in increasing them. I heard John Tesh say last night that raspberries have a lot of soluable fibre and the flavanoids in them are very heart healthy, and they are one of the best fruit choices. I like the Europe's best with a bit of splenda sprinkled on with a bit of yoghurt. yummy.

After the warmer weather, its a shock to have a severe temperature drop. Its really cold now again, (will go to -17 tonight) so we are warming by the fire tonight.
ttfn
Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #312  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . after three days of beautiful weather, we are gearing up for five of horrible stuff -- herds of rain today to be followed by an instant freeze-up and then 4 days of snow, snow, and more snow. This lion-like behaviour had better mean that the end of the month will resemble the proverbial lamb.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #313  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The lake of melted snow-water in the dog yard is now a skating rink! The dogs went charging out and slid, rather than sloshed this morning. All the melt from the meadow and cliff flows through my dog yard into the ditch. There's even a current.

Please tell me Spring is on the way.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #314  
Onward and Downward

Spring is on the way. I hope. The older I get, the less I like our Canadian winters.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #315  
Madeleine

a nice quite weekend, have been voting for hockeyville all weekend, I live in the Woolwich area, so my daughter has hardly let me at the computer, we have been voting like mad.
The bitter cold isn't so nice, but at least its been sunny!
Will be warmer again later this week, if you can believe it. Hope the westerners are enjoying the nicer weather I see on the forecasts.
Closed Thread