Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 04:21 PM   #166  
Smackin' into a Wall

I am finished all shopping!! Yay, let the celebrations commence!! I even bought wrapping and tags and extra tape. The only job left is to pick a parcel up at the post office and pick up one item that I have brought that a store is holding for me. That will be Monday. Oh, and then we’ll have to do some food shopping for a few treats on the Christmas break. I’m thinking crab and champagne for Christmas Eve. Oh only a few more sleeps!!!

Happy, I am very glad to hear you postponed your trip yesterday. Chicago had this same storm, we’ve been hit with. It's clearing up and you'll be on your way soon - if you aren't already. Drive very carefully.

Ruth, wow a good snowplow guy is worth his weight in gold. Hopefully he looks good in snow pants too!

Shad ~ I know what you mean about the rudeness of people in the malls at this time of year. We were stalked in the parking lot by people looking for a spot. No pressure! The ones that make me crazy are the lost shoppers who stop in the midst of a full stream of traffic (car or pedestrian) because they flippin’ can’t figure out where they want to be, and they aren’t smart enough to step out of the way for the rest of us.

Jen/ Mel~ Sorry Mel isn’t feeling well. Make her drink lost of fluids and tell her we miss her. I hope she feels much better soon!

Annie~ Hope you had a lovely time out at the movies.

All right, I better get a move on. My love and best wishes to all I did not personal. If I don’t get back much, I wish everyone to keep safe and watch the weather.

BTW Look at what we had yesterday.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1058434...=1229807970481

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1058434...7611456888770/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1058434...7611456888770/

Last edited by Madcat; 12-20-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Well pooh bear. I've lost a post. ugh.

I've had a good week end but it's back to the grind tomorrow. Ugh. I guess I shouldn't complain I do still have a job.

The temperature is supposed to be near 15 degree's Monday morning. I dread it. Half way home this afternoon I ran into some fog. It was beginning to get dense. Now I'm curious as to what this is going to be like in the morning. I'm not a winter person.

Hi to every one.

Happy be safe on your jjourney.

Michelle
Are you surviving the snow?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #168  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Sunday ladies --

It's bitterly cold (between -30 and -40 with the wind chill - I think the actual temperature is around -8). The wind is fierce and blowing all the snow around. DH is just about to go try and clear the driveway a bit. I'm not looking forward to going to work in the morning but for today, we're staying inside and I did lots of cooking - making some meals to freeze (should we just stick them outside??), and meatballs for quick spaghetti dinners for nights after work when I don't want to cook - which is often. I've got a pot roast cooking in the crock pot for dinner tonight. And I've managed to get bronchitis again. It started with a bad sore throat yesterday, but it's moved to my chest and makes breathing without coughing a bit challenging. I'll try and get into the doctor tomorrow afternoon. I'm doing lots of liquids and Mucinex to help clear things out.

Happy - I hope you made it up to Chicagoland okay.

Annie - Sorry that the cafe food doesn't agree with you. I hope you had a nice time at the movies with Tony.

Shad - Glad you made it home safe and sound, despite the delay.

Ruth - Glad you found someone to plow out your lane.

Madcat - on getting your shopping done. Thanks for posting the photos...seems like most of us are dealing with the snow and cold.

Ceejay - 15 degrees? That's got to be nearly record cold for Arkansas, isn't it? I had no idea Arkansas had bad winters too. Hang in there.

I've got to get some more work done, so I must sign off. Then it's straight to bed for me. I can't let this chest cold/bronchitis knock me down for the count for Christmas!!

Love and hugs to all,
Old 12-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #169  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

Another cold morning here, but has warmed up. Actual temp is -4 and the high is supposed to get up to around 7 (that's Farenheit), with wind chills around -15. We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow and on Christmas Eve.

I'm at work today, but I'm planning on leaving early to go to the doctor to get some meds for this chest cold.

DH starts his new job today and he's very excited.

I hope you all are doing well, and are warm and safe.

Love and hugs to you all,
Old 12-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #170  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh freakin burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Actual temp this morning was 1 degree which was -35 windchill. OMGoodness I do not like cold weather. I passed on visiting my mom and dad yesterday due to the cold and wind. It sounded like the house was going to blow away. I did see the wicked witch go by on her broom.

I HAVE to take the one personal day that I already have, before the end of the year. I am making it tomorrow as Tony and I are spending the day together again. We are exchanging gifts and hanging out. How much fun that will be, I am excited.

Yesterday, Tony, my brother and his wife, DD and BF came by, as I was not going out in that cold weather. I fixed a layered taco dip. Polish mistakes and 4 kinds of Christmas candy. Can you say MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Everyone stay warm...or cool...depending on where you are at. Hello to everyone.

Love and hugs.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #171  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I totally hear you on freakin' brrrrrr! Sounds like you had a really nice time yesterday with Tony and some of your family! What are Polish mistakes?? Have a great time tomorrow with Tony! I'm sure you will!!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #172  

Michelle
Believe it or not we've had temperatures below zero. However the last few winters have been mild. I just don't like the cold. Looks like it's just you and me. Feel better soon. Glad the dh is excited about his new job.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #173  

Annie
You snuck in on me. Glad you have some time off already. We had a temperature this morning of 11 degree's. It was fridgid out side. Stay warm.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #174  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - wow, you're getting cold weather down south too? Sheesh! Mother Nature sure is giving all of us a bitter taste of winter. And Shad is probably enjoying wonderfully warm weather....I'm looking at her waterfront photos from last week and trying to bask in the warmth.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #175  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Polish Mistakes are 1 lb ground beef, 1 lb maple sausage or regular sausage, onion browned, drained, placed in crock pot. Add 1 lb velveeta cheese, 8 oz cream cheese, garlic salt, clove real garlic, pepper, a little crushed red pepper, turn on low and heat till all is melted together. If mix is too stiff or dry add a little milk and mix. Serve with party rye. Or you can put some on party rye and slightly brown in oven for a few minutes.

Man I have been sneezing since lunch, blowing and runny. Just wonderful...
Old 12-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #176  

Annie
The Polish Mistakes sound good. I may have to try those.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:49 PM   #177  

Annie, I swear I've been nowhere near Indianapolis, and besides, my broom is in the shop...

Mel, I hope you're feeling better - must have been all the excitement watching the Biggest Loser finale with a friend... I don't know if you still have fever or chills, but I've popped something in the mail that could heat you up or hose you off as needed. Greetings and thanks to Jen for keeping us updated.

Happy, I don't know if you have internet access - hope you and DH made it through the storms all right!

Madcat, thanks for the bleak-looking photos of balmy downtown T.O. We've got a ton of the white stuff here too, although the really big storm missed us. Thanks again for a very enjoyable evening out. Good salads, good water to drink, and then a nice brisk walk. (At least the walk part is true!)

Shad, by now you've been home and headed out again for a visit with family. Thanks for the hilarious Christmas in Australia video you sent - I've been sharing it with everyone I can think of up here in the frozen north.

Ceejay, it sounds like you've been having some pretty chilly weather down there. Fingers crossed that it'll be clear and mild for you to drive to your Christmas dinner!

Michele, I'm so sorry to hear you're getting sick again. Maybe you should let DH and the pups handle all the Christmas dinner prep...

Ruth, sounds like you've found yourself a hot new snow guy (the Canadian equivalent of a pool boy. ) I imagine the dogs are enjoying frolicking in the snow!

Now, to catch up quickly: Dinner out with Madcat was a sober, lo-cal delight , and of course after navigating New York there was no problem getting back to my hotel by subway. I was more worried about poor Madcat, who had to change to a streetcar and could easily have lost an ear or nose to frostbite while waiting! Once back home I had the dubious pleasure of digging my car out of an inch of ice at the airport parking, which would have been worse without the kind help of my colleague - who didn't even need a ride home! From there all went well until last Wednesday, when I woke up barfing in the middle of the night, and barely moved until Friday. Today is my first day feeling normal again. Three pounds down, but of course now my appetite is back... Lots of racing around playing catch up, and then there'll be the fun 3 hour drive away for another entertaining, festive visit. Not.

to any worldlies I've missed. May you all have a warm wonderful safe Christmas!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #178  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Shucks Annie - you saw me as I turbo propped past your place on the way to Adelaide. Yep, I have now put the broom away and am being nice to my son for a period of time and not rude about his little car.
Oh and when you were talking about Polish mistakes, I thought you meant Happy and the DH!!!

Don't know how often I will be in over this visit since DS1 doesn't have internet in his new place yet so we are reduced to visiting the Uni and using their gear.

So I will take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, stay warm and safe and don't forget that for every bite, you need 100 steps to walk it off.

Glad you enjoyed the Christmas movie Carla.

Have a fun week you lot. Ceejay, Michelle I'll be thinking of you I'll be back when I can.

Last edited by Shad; 12-22-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #179  
Creating a Healthier Me

It's another snowy morning here. Do I sound like a broken record? Snow. Cold. Snow. Cold. I'm so OVER winter and we have at least 3 more months (probably 4) to go.

We're supposed to get about 5" or 6" today and another 5" tomorrow and more on Friday and Saturday. Christmas Day, so far, looks like it will be relatively nice.

Annie - Polish mistakes sound really yummy! Enjoy your day with Tony!

Ceejay - I hope your day is going well.

Carla - Glad you had a nice time with Madcat! Sorry that you've been sick the last few days, but glad to hear you're feeling better for the holidays. Drive safely and enjoy the festivities.

Shad - Enjoy your time with DS1, despite the lack of internet.

Happy - I hope you made it to Chicagoland just fine and are enjoying time with family and friends.

Mel - I hope you are feeling better and staying warm.

I'm busy at work today and don't know if I'll be back to check in. As for tomorrow, I plan to stay in bed resting as much as possible. I wish I could help DH with the snow shoveling, but I just don't think that's gonna happen.

Merry Christmas to all!

Love and hugs,
Old 12-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #180  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

hi chicks,

just a quick check in - Internet at the sister's house is very slow. Just wanted to let you know we got in OK. It's sooooooo bloody cold here. Brrrrr. Very snowy too. We were trying to figure out how to get the SUV in 4 wheel drive again. It's good to see everyone here.

Hope you all have a great Christmas - will check back in when we get home on Sunday.
Closed Thread