Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 03:04 AM   #196  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy ladies - we are back home safe and sound.

I think Momma Nature wanted to give as a big taste of what we were missing or as DH says- sometimes you have to come up here to remember why you left Today it was 59 degrees (VERY unseasonal) while it was a high of 7 degrees last Sunday. Of course that mix of very warm weather on top of snow and ice made for horrific fog and lots of rain. We decided to leave a bit earlier at 10pm last night to try and get ahead of the severe thunderstorms that stretched north to the Canadian border to the Gulf Coast in the south - like a blade wiping across the country. We did hit pockets of bad fog and hard rain, but not as bad as if we had left earlier. Arrived home to equally unseasonal (but pleasant) 75 degree weather. Boots, coat, hat and mittens are packed away until next year. Strong storms moved in during the evening as the cold front pressed forward. Good bye 70's temps for a while.

I have a brutal sinus headache and headcold. I had a pretty bad sore throat on Christmas Day. I didn't want to take much of anything on the ride home since most of that stuff upsets my stomach. It's a good thing I have 2 days at home to rest up before heading back to work. The house is in pretty decent shape as I cleaned before I left and I did laundry at my mom's so I don't feel too guilty sleeping most of the day away.

Mel - I'm glad to hear you are feeling a tiny bit better. Sounds like this round really kicked your butt. You just rest up and take your time - as you know you should. We will send healing thoughts your way. I just made a nice cup of tea - set one aside for you too. I'll even let you use the last bit of precious honey that I got from Shad - I was neverl one for honey until I tasted the real stuff - kind of like you haven't tasted lobster until you had it fresh from the east coast I really like your new avatar.

Ceejay - I have to admit - we passed by the exit for your town on the way home and I was like $#%)*(#$ - we still have a long time to go yet - by this time we were both antsy and tired. DH said, not TOO much longer. But I waved to you anyway

Hi Patty- ouch a $600 bill? Not a very good holiday gift Sorry about that. But you are right about the weather changing. Wouldn't want to do without when the Texas heat moves in. Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas otherwise.

Annie - I'm very glad to hear that you are finding such love and joy in your heart. It's very easy to focus on the negative at times, keep smiling and looking for your blessings - we are glad to count you as a friend too Sounds like Tony is a real keeper! Great presents!

Michelle - hope you are feeling better. Hard not to be sick with that wacky weather. I forgot how COLD cold can really be! Take care of yourself. How does DH like the new job?

Shad - sorry to hear about things with the DS1's partner. Hope the time got better for you. Did you have a good Christmas otherwise?

Madcat, Carla, Ruth - I know you had a white Christmas. Hope Santa didn't get stuck to anything or in anything up there.

Ok, it's 2 am. I should be in bed but I think I had too much caffeine tea and alot of sleep during the day. I am tired but not sleepy and if DH hears me still typing at this moment, he will be yelling for sure. So I'd better finally post this and sneak off to bed.

talk to you in the morning...
Old 12-28-2008, 08:02 AM   #197  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HELLO CEEJAY!! WE MUST HAVE JUST MISSED EACH OTHER. I WAS READING AND GETTING READY FOR JANUARY!!

PATTY~ OMG!!! $600!!! YIKES!! BUT IT IS BETTER TO BE READY FOR ALL THIS NUTTY WEATHER! IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE!

HAPPY~ I AM GLAD YOU AND DH ARE BACK SAFE AND SOUND. THE NORTHERN WEATHER HAS BEEN SO BAD WEST OF US. HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER SOON NOW TOO THIS WARMER WEATHER IS KEEPING FAR TOO MANY GERMS ALIVE! WELCOME HOME

TODAY I AM GOING TO TRY AND GET MY SCHEDULE BACK. YESTERDAY I SLEPT 10 HOURS WITH ONLY A FEW ROLLOVERS ON BETWEEN. WHEN I WOKE TODAY AND SAW 7 I THOUGHT LET ME GET UP LIKE I USED EVEN IF IT'S JUST FOR A SHORT WHILE. OUR WEATHER IS GOING NUTS. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE 60'S HERE. WE WERE SOCKED IN BY DENSE FOG LAST NIGHT. THE KIDS LEFT FOR DAD'S AND CALLED WHEN THEY GOT THERE. JEN SAID IT WAS LIKE DRIVING IN A MOVIE. NOW HERE COMES MORE RAIN. ALL OUR BEAUTIFUL SNOW IS GONE.
HAVING READ THE POSTS I AM GLAD EVERYONE IS DOING OK AND HOPE MICHELLE AND WAS IT ANNIE? FEEL BETTER SOON ALSO. MADCAT'S PICS LOOKED LIKE MY BACKYARD TILL THE RAINS CAME. SHAD WAS BUSY BONDING WITH DS1. HOPE RUTH SAVED SOME HOLIDAY DINNER FOR ME. CARLA IS TRYING TO GET OVER THE VISIT WITH THE MEAN OLD SM!
HOPE THAT COVERS EVERYONE. IF NOT HERE IS A
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY
Old 12-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #198  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Gone are yesterday's balmy breezes, it's cold again today - more like winter. No wonder people are sick. Our kitty - who was delighted to be let out of her "kitty condo" at the pet hotel - was outside most of yesterday enjoying what she considers the perfect day - sunshine, warm breezes and an occasional chipmunk to chase. This morning she was shocked when it was wet and cold.

My cold has moved to my chest. It hurts my throat to cough. I had 1 cup of wake up coffee and am now sipping tea with honey and lemon. Hopefully it will move through quickly. Without a work schedule, it seems like every day for the last 9 days is a weekend. I'm not really feeling up to getting out today and grocery shopping - all we really need is coffee creamer and DH could run out for that. I might stretch it until New Year's Eve. I always try and make an especially nice dinner that night since we never go out and we eat by candlelight in the dining room. Not much else going on. I suppose I will finish unpacking today and ease my brain back into work mode again.

DH's hit his big anniversary with his company - 25 years last Monday. It pretty much went unnoticed which disappointed him greatly although he did get a congratulatory email from the local office here which he doesn't have anything to do with - his manager is based somewhere in cyber space. But now he is in the Quarter Century Club and gets to pick out a nice gift - he's looking at grandfather clocks and hi-def tvs right now.

So that's my boring day.

Kind of quiet around here. Guess you all must be relaxing and enjoying your weekend.

Poke your head outside for a few minutes Mel and take a whiff of the warmer air. They were saying on the news that the cold snap we got after the rains was losing it's punch as it headed your way. I imagine the snows melted pretty quick if it's that warm by you. At least it's not the ugly, dirty slushy snow that really looks terrible. Hope you are feeling a bit better today - sounds like you are trying to get back in the routine.

Hello to the rest of the chicks guess I will go tackle those bags on the kitchen floor.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Patty
Ouch on the ac problem. Those things are expensive. I need to take my Rav4 to the shop for regular maintenance. I wonder what they'll find this time. Last time it was the drive belt, a cool 400+ dollars. But I had to have it to get back. They showed it to me and it was ready to snap at anytime. I was very lucky that it didn't snap on the way there. I just notice your ticker. Congrats on those pounds lost this month.

Happy
Glad you are back home safely. Sorry to hear you are sick. The gas prices in our city is above the normal rate as you could see. It's 10 cents less in town. I paid 1.24 yesterday in Paragould and if I had waited till I crossed the Missouri border I could have gotten it for 1.19. I haven't bought gas here in 3 months. It will be a have to case before I do buy gas here.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #200  

Hello Ladies,

Ceejay - I have to change my ticker. I have gained......Starting tomorrow, I'm on a NO Fast Food, no junk food week.

Happy - Hope you get lots of rest and take care of that chest cold? What state are you in? We too had cold weather then fog, then it got warm and not it's getting cold again.

Mel - Glad your starting to feel better.

As for me, I'm taking monday off, going to go work out AM, then hit the grocery store and stock up on fruits and veggies.

Hello to all
Old 12-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #201  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Happy Christmas to all of you and lovely to hear of the nice gifts and things that you have all gotten.
My Christmas has been quiet, we had a nice Christmas Day with M's (DS1's partner) family and DS1 took me to the Clare Valley which is a big wine growing area and I sampled quite a few of the products. Then yesterday DS1 took me to lunch with partner and partners mother and then we went up into the hills and had a look at the city from above and saw a number of really old houses and ruins (from bush fires). It was a nice day.

Tomorrow I will meet up with a friend from Dampier and have coffee and/ or maybe lunch, that will let the young ones have some time on their own - although it will probably mean they will argue their way through the day. I don't want to know!!!!!

Can't stop long as we are going to get some more fruit and bits and pieces. Don't know what we are doing after that, but it will involve some washing (not much left to wear) and maybe some dinner. I haven't been overeating while being here. These two are not big on meals at mealtimes. Eat whenever seems to be the go.

Annie - sounds like you have had a good time of it. Nice gifts.

Mel - so pleased to see you back and upright but take care now. I will be intouch re the phone call after I get home on Wednesday.

Ceejay - take care on those roads. My car had to have a new timing chain which cost as much as yours did. Seems it is part of the new car syndrome. Regular maintenance is the only thing that gets us through.

Happy - glad you got home safely. You mean you have kept that honey for a whole 18 months??!!!!!! Wonder if Ruth still has hers. She was going to make a cake of it. Sounds like a good if fattening idea.

Ruth - have fun in the wilds of Nanaimo. Sounds nice to me. I loved that part of the world.

Michelle - happy Christmas. Hope it is not completely frozen in there for you now.

Patty - Hope you are enjoying your Christmas. I know you said lots of other things as well, but I will catch up with them at a later time.

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone. The next time I get on here will be from home I think. DS1 doesn't have internet at the house yet. It hasn't got to his new estate as yet.

See ya.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:23 AM   #202  
Happy September

HAPPY~ SORRY TO HEAR YOU CAUGHT MY COLD! HOPE YOUR THROAT AND CHEST WILL GET WELL SOON. NOT NICE TO BE SICK FOR THE HOLIDAYS AT ALL. NO FUN. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE DH!! 25 YEARS!! WOW! GOOD FOR HIM!! I DIDN'T GO OUTSIDE BUT I DID OPEN THE WINDOWS TO THIS MILD WEATHER!!!

CEEJAY~ I THINK THOSE PRIOCES ARE MUCH LOWER THAN OURS BUT I FORGET WHAT JEN SAID THEY JUST PAID HERE. I SHOULD CHECK. NOW I AM CURIOUS.

PATTY~ THANKS AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE GOAL THIS WEEK!!

SHAD~ THE HOLIDAY VISIT SOUNDS NICE. HOPE THE KIDS DON'T ARGUE THEIR WAY RIGHT THRU IT ALL!! SAFE TRAVELS MY FRIEND.

WE HAVE SUNLIGHT FINALLY!! MAYBE I CAN SIT BY THE WINDOW WITH THE GRANDSON AND CATCH SOME RAYS TODAY. TRIED SOME CLEANING BUT THE DUST GOT THE BETTER OF ME. THEN U DECIDED TO JUST REST AND WATCH THE NEW RAIDER'S DVD THE KIDS BOUGHT ME.
MY POOR STOMACH IS SO SWOLLEN FROM ALL THIS COUGHING AND ALL THE MUSCLES HURT. I SHOULD FIND SOMETHING TO GO AND DO INSTEAD OF SITTING HERE BEING A WINGE! IS THAT A WORD?
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY
Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #203  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

In the movie "War of the Worlds" in the end the aliens were done in by I think the common cold. I can see why Feeling rather miserable today. I have my tea, honey, lemon and I will make some chicken soup this afternoon. It just has to run it's course.

Yes Shad, I have about 2 small spoons of your honey left. It was so good that I used it for special occasions only. And having a cold and not being able to taste well does not count as a special occasion! Sounds like you had a nice day - mostly - yesterday. Hope there was no battling going on as it can be quite awkward to be in the middle of those things. Some people just thrive on the fire and oil relationships... So are you a free woman now with time to yourself?

Glad you are feeling a bit better Mel. They need to come up with something the will grab the dust and not irritate the lungs. I also need a light something like natural sunlight that lets me catch those spots I sometimes miss. So you got a whiff of fresh air? I put a blanket outside yesterday because DH does not like a strong scent of fabric softener even tho I use a mild vanilla smelling one. When he brought it in yesterday he said it smelled so nice of fresh air that he immediately confiscated it Enjoy the sunshine while it's out. And some tea with honey and lemon soothes those sore muscles and raw throat.

I'm supposed to work today but I am just wiped out. I might go back to sleep for an hour or so. Or just go stand in a hot shower and use up all the hot water

Hope you all have a good one today. Love to the chicks.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #204  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning chicks -

I hope you all had a nice Christmas! I'm so glad to hear that the holiday travelers made it to their destinations (and back) safe and sound. I went with my DH and DMIL to DMIL's sister's and brother in laws on Christmas, which was fun. And then, other than going back to the doc on Friday to get stronger meds, I was in bed resting all weekend, watching lots of good old movies. I've still got this horrible cough and feel pretty weak/tired, but I'll get better. This coming weekend is DMIL's last weekend with us for this trip, and I'm going to get better so we can do fun stuff. I have to work today, tomorrow and 1/2 day NYE, and then have the rest of the week off. The weather is supposed to be pretty good...not too cold, not too much snow (good thing too as the snowblower broke the other day - hopefully the part that DH ordered to fix it will arrive today or tomorrow). Good thing DH is so handy, as all the snowblower repair shops are two months backed up with repairs. I got some wonderful fitness gifts for Christmas. DH got me a Jillian Michaels 5 box set DVD and some hand weights, and DMIL gave me an awesome pedometer! I can't wait 'till I get my energy back to use these goodies and get back to the gym! Despite a small bout of annoying health challenges, I want to take time to reflect on just how very blessed I am too. I've got the worlds best hubby, a wonderful family and in-laws, and amazing friends - including you chicks! I'm so grateful to have all of you in my life.

Patty - Great to hear from you. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas with your family. As for snow, we don't have much to send your way. We had a couple relatively warm days and rain and that took care of most of it. Yay! We've got just a dusting now, which is perfect. Another 1 to 2" on the way, but hopefully no more until the snowblower is fixed. Sorry to hear about the car repairs! Ouch! Good for you for a no fast food, no junk food week! YGG! Hope you have fun at the gym today.

Annie - Sounds like you had a very, very nice Christmas with your kids. I'm so glad to hear that your cold is going better. Sorry that you had an accident at work, but least least there were few in the office today. Good for you for getting your Christmas decor taken down. We usually wait until after the first of the year, but with DMIL here, we may just keep it up until she leaves on the 8th. So glad to hear that everything in your life is going so well.

Mel - Glad you are feeling a bit better. Sounds like you and me will be working on getting over the coughs and getting our strength back.

Ceejay - I hope you had a good day at work and that you have a quiet week ahead. I think our gas is still right around $1.55 or $1.60/gallon, so maybe I'll come get gas in Missouri!

Happy - Glad you made it home okay. The fog from the warm weather was brutal. I hope you are feeling better today. Just take care of yourself. I've you've got what Mel and I have, it knocks you on your butt and forces you to rest. So hang in there. Congrats to the DH on his anniversary! 25 years with the same company! Awesome!!

Well, I've got tons of work to get done, so I'd best go get myself a bowl of soup for lunch and get back to it.

Love and healing hugs to all,
Old 12-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #205  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Monday, Monday....do do, do do da do da do<---trying to sing, um not good at it on internet either. lol

A bit of more good news. DD is going to go to beauty school full time beginning Feb 6th with a graduation date of December '09. She will not get a job till unemployment runs out, then it will be only part time so she can go to school. I am just glad she is finally getting some direction in her life.

I made lasagna, cucumber salad, and garlic toast with fudge chocolate/white chocolate pie for dessert yesterday. I sent half a pan of lasagna home with Tony and half a pan home with Samantha. Sent pie home with Tony for his boys. Got rid of all the fat stuff.

Ms. MEL, Ms. Patty, and Ms. Michelle....instead of feel better, I am sending a FEEL YOUR BEST, and knock this sick crap in the butt. NO MORE SICKNESS in the World of the chickies.

Patty...sorry about air conditioner, but wish we had air conditioner weather. I can't stand this cold stuff and until I hit the lottery big time, this is the way it will be. LOL

Shad...hope you are having fun with DS1 and crew. I love to go visiting.

Can't remember if I told you or not, but I had to give up a France trip to start this new job. I am happy tho. I do have to use the ticket before April 9th or lose it. So don't know what I plan to do. May go to Corpus Christi and visit a good friend there. She stayed with me for our HS class reunion. It will be fun.

35 minutes left of this day. I am ready to go home. Well actually I am going to my momma's house, my brother from Illinois is here visiting. Even tho we don't get along very well, I am going to go visit anyway. Don't want to regret anything later down the line.

Better get my heiny off of here and get busy.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 12-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #206  
Happy September

MICHELLE AND HAPPY.....WE WILL HAVE TO CONCENTRATE ON GETTING BETTER AND GETTING OUR STRENGTH BACK TO NORMAL FOR THE NEW YEAR. IT IS CLOSE TO US NOW AND WE BETTER GET A MOVE ON!! WISHING US ALL GOOD HEALTH THIS WEEK!

ANNIE...GLAD THE DD IS FINDING SOMETHING THAT INTERESTS HER. IT'S A GOOD JOB AND CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE! GOOD LUCK TO HER. HOPE YOU GET TO USE THE TICKET TOO!

LIKE MICHELLE..I WOULD LIKE TO THING ON ALL THE GOOD STUFF THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME. I HAVE BEEN VERY LUCKY THIS YEAR. THINGS ALWAYS SEEMED TO GO RIGHT NO MATTER HOW DIM THEY APPEARED AND FOR THAT I AM EVER GRATEFUL. I AM AFRAID I HAD SOME OF MY GUARDIAN ANGELS OVERWORKED AT TIMES BUT THEY ALL CAME THRU!! JEN AND I WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS THE OTHER DAY. EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE HAD OUR PROBLEMS AND FINANCES AREN'T GREAT, WE HAVE OUR HAPPINESS, EACH OTHER AND OUR HEALTH. I DON'T THINK ANYONE COULD ASK FOR MORE REALLY.
WISHING ALL THAT FOR MY CHICKLETTE SISTERS BOTH HERE AND MIA

I CAME BACK TO SAY I AM GOING TO ATTEMPT A TRIP TO THE SUPERMARKET TO GET OUT TOMORROW. THE DR SAID I COULD GO OUT WHEN I CAN GET DRESSED WITHOUT SWEATING. SO FAR I HAVE HAD NO SUCCESS WITH THAT COMMAND. BUT WE WILL SEE WHAT THE MORNING BRINGS. IF NOT THEN THE KIDS ARE GOING TO THE STORE.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT
AND GOOD MORNING KAURANGI

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-29-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just popping into say hello There is absolutely nothinig going on exept work.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:32 AM   #208  
Happy September

HELLO CEEJAY!!! MAYBE IT'S A GOOD THING NOTHING IS GOING ON EXCEPT WORK!!!

THERE IS NO SHOPPING FOR MELLIE. WOKE UP COUGHING, SWEATING AND DIZZY. BACK TO BED FOR ME!! THIS TOO SHALL PASS. FIGHTING THE DREGS OF THE COLD AND SINUS

HAVE A GREAT DAY. I INTEND TO SPEND MINE WITH HARRISON FORD...HOPE HE TREATS ME BETTER THAN ALL HIS WIVES!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:00 AM   #209  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All...

Ceejay...Better that nothing is going on than something not good. That is my bright side for ya!

MEL...don't push going out. Take it easy, completely. More than that, until you can walk, talk, drink without coughing or sweating, you are not to go anywhere. Send the kids to the store. How's that for Dr. Anne. I will send you my bill. lol.

I had a great time at my momma's visiting last night. My brother took us all to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. What a surprise. We had an uneventful visit, which was great. I did get the sads a little tho, I took my mom in my car, which involves helping her out to the car, putting her into the car, buckling her seatbelt, stopping at the door of the restaruant, unloading her, seating her, go park my car. eat, go get my car load her back up, take her home, help her into the house, which she peed her pants on the way in. I felt so sorry for her. Then helped her change her clothes, got her in her chair in the living room, then I sat down on the couch across from her and looked at her and felt so sad cause I know her time on earth is not long, nor is my dad's for that matter. Visited a while with my brother, then drove home and bawled all the way home thinking about my parents. Then Samantha came over for a bit, when she got ready to leave we were hugging and we both started bawling. Since she lives with her BF now, I don't see her everyday and it is just hard for this emothional mom. I am still not over my DS not living with me, now she is not either. I cried myself to sleep. Woke up at 3:00 am, and have been up since. I am a mess over last night. Ok, got that off my chest, now I am not going to let all that steal my joy of today. This is the day the Lord has made, LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT.

Let us all have the best 2009 ever!

Much love and many hugs,
Old 12-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #210  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good Tuesday morning chickies -

I've been up since 4:30 and at work since 5:45. I'm mildly caffeinated and pumped full of steroids and inhalers to help me breathe. I've gotten a lot accomplished so far, and hope to complete this particular project/report by the end of the day, especially since that was the agreed-upon deadline with my VP. Breathing still isn't any fun for me, but I am managing to sustain the required amount of oxygen! I'm so looking forward to (hopefully next week) when aerobic exercise will consist of more than going to the loo!

Annie - I'm so glad to hear your DD's good news! Starting a career that interests her and learning valuable skills! Too bad about your trip to France, but you'll have other opportunities, especially now that you have this great job! I hope you get to visit your friend in Texas. I'm glad your visit with your brother was uneventful. Sorry that your folks aren't doing that well. It's tough when parents get older and you see them decline in health and mobility. At least she was able to enjoy a nice dinner with you and your brother. Treasure all the moments, Annie. Thanks for the "FEEL YOUR BEST" wishes. I am definitely striving for that.

Ceejay - I hope you had a good day at work yesterday, and that you have a great day today as well!

Mel - Let's all be healthy to start 2009! You're smart by relaxing in bed and spending the day with Harrison Ford. Listen to the advice of Dr. Annie.

Happy - I hope you are feeling much better....I mean, feeling your best very soon!

Well, better get back to work, or I won't meet my deadline!

Lots of love and hugs,
Closed Thread