Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #211  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,

I too am feeling quite ugh this morning. I woke up today with "cement" in my head and chest and my throat is quite raw. Moving around a bit and some warm liquids have helped unclog things. I really have no tolerance for being sick. 2 days is about all I can handle and we're on day 4 now so I am quite impatient but it is obvious it's not going away quickly.

Sorry to hear the crud is back for you too Mel and that you had to cancel shopping. Enjoy your movies - hope someone drops off some feel better snacks and soups for you. I have not followed Harrison Ford's personal life. Is he one of those love 'em and leave 'em peeps? Isn't he with toothpick Calista now? Yes, you can be too skinny. I think Madonna looks horrid - loose skin over over defined muscles. I make sure I "pad" my muscles for that filled in look

Saw some pictures from a Christmas party. Perfect reminder that I seriously need to focus on the weight loss now.

Annie - I think you are so right about the rejoice part. I have the same pangs you do about your folks. But I have resolved to enjoy every moment with my Mom (Dad passed on long ago). I will not cry for her while she's here with me. Christmas Eve I was making her laugh so hard while I was being a bit ... irreverent. It did my heart good to see her laugh that way as she swatted me on the butt. She called yesterday to see how I was feeling and said she missed me lots. Not missing a beat I said that she wouldn't have to be lonely if she'd come live with us. She didn't answer

Mr. Feral is no where to be found. He did sleep in his blanket a few nights because it was quite dirty but we haven't seen him since we got back. We always put our home on vacation check when we are away - the police come and check the place several times a day so I'm not sure if he got disturbed a few times. He was quite chubbed up when we left so he could handle a few days without a regular meal but I'm starting to worry about him. I always think he is gone and then he shows up with his kind of sad smile, just patiently waiting on the porch for a can of Fancy Feast and some milk.

It's rather quiet around here, people must be taking a break from the computer. That or Ceejay set the theme for the week

I think I'm going to go take a long, hot shower - the only place I feel good at the moment, even if it is just for a short time.

Carry on good women of the world
Old 12-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #212  
Choose your hard

Good morning Michelle - we crossed over each other. Up at 4:30 But I know those deadlines Had a good laugh over the "aerobic exercise" I can totally relate. I think if I had to walk fast right now I'd keel over wheezing! I did get a good workout at my Mom's. Lots of stairs several times a day. I need to get back to that again. Perhaps I should move into the creepy attic
Old 12-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #213  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh I forgot to tell you, my mom had some mini-strokes last summer and her thought process is quite slow and doesn't remember things so well. I wouldn't say All timers or dementia, but definitely slow process. Plus she has diabetes, high blood pressure, 10% of her heart does not work, pacemaker, arthritis, low thyroid, swollen legs, holds water, can't hold pee and waits too long to go then pees when she gets up to go pee, cateracts removed, I could go on and on. She is a physical mess, yet she hangs on at 79 years old. My dad pretty much the same mess at 81. I am such an emotional baby, I hate that about myself and try to ward it off, but after some time it all gets to me and I have a cry fest, then feel like crap the next day, which would be today. That is one thing I wish I could change about myself, being emotional. And to think, it would be a lot worse if I was not on Cymbalta.

But by George, I am happy about everything else in life, and that is what I am going to focus on.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #214  
Annie - Indiana

Well, except my financial state, not to happy about that, but I figure I am in a VERY large club on that one. lol
Old 12-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

2008 is coming to a close.
Went to the gym last night and had a great work out.

Happy
Sorry you are still so clogged up.You may need to go to the doctor. Pnumonia is going around. Good for you in making your mom laugh. Like your new avatar.

Michelle
Wow you are an early bird. But I suppose that if you have a dead line you do what you need to do. I always find it easier to work when it's quiet.

Mel
Feel better soon.

Annie
I think we all would be happier about our financial well being. I'm very lucky that my mom didn't have to endure those things.

I'm still wondering what happened to Reenie!!

Hello to the rest. Come for a visit soon.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #216  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Not stopping for long and so won't do personals. All's quiet here on the western front, however it probably won't stay that way for long. DS1 is on the point of explosion I would say although he aint saying much to me. We're getting along okay, the two of us, but apparently I have said something to the 3rd part of the triangle and am persona non gratis - but that's okay, I can live with that. Life is not meant to be easy and these two are making it awfully hard. They need to sort themselves out once and for all.

Going home tonight. Will be back in Bris-vegas before midnight so will catch up with you all then.

Best wishes for those not feeling well and FEEL BETTER NOW for them.
Ceejay and Annie - looks like you and I must hold up the team.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:37 AM   #217  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE~ SENDING A FOR YOU MISSING THE KIDS AND THE PARENTS STUFF. IT'S HARD TO SEE THE VULNERABILITY OF THE ONES WE LOVE AND HOLD DEAR. ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAYS. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THEY HAD A GOOD LIFE...AS THEY SAY HERE IN THIS BLDG. SO CELEBRATE EVERY DAY THEY HAVE!

MICHELLE~ I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON. SENDING STRONGER GET WELL WISHES YOUR WAY THIS HAS BEEN A REAL BATTLE TO THE FINISH LINE FOR US BOTH. BUT THE NEW YEAR IS HERE AND WITH IT SOME GOOD HEALTH!!!

HAPPY~ SENDING YOU A GET WELL "hug: AS WELL!! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON. MAYBE MR FERAL FOUND A FOOD SOURCE WHILE YOU WERE GONE. HOPE YOU FIND HIM.
YES HARRISON IS ON WIFE #3 I THINK AND I FORGET HOW MANY KIDS. WITH EACH WIFE HE SAYS"THIS IS THE ONE" IN THIS MOVIE HE IS SHOWING HIS AGE!! NOT THE MOVIE HUNK HE USED TO BE.

CEEJAY~ WILL YOU BE WORKING NEW YEAR'S EVE? I MEAN TODAY? I FORGOT IT'S HERE ALREADY!!! HOW IS PARAGOULD? GOING FOR THE NEW YEAR?

SHAD~ SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FRACAS BETWEEN THE KIDS. HOPE THEY DO SORT IT OUT FOR THE NEW YEAR. SAFE TRAVELS AND HOME!!!

WHAT WEATHER FOR SLEEPING. WE ARE AWAITING OUR RAIN & SNOW TO BEGIN. SO FAR IT'S JUST VERY BLACK OUTSIDE. I AM JUST GOING TO GIVE IN TO THIS COLD AND REST AND LET IT FINSISH UP BY ITSELF. FIGHTING IT WAS MAKING IT WORSE BUT I WAS GETTING SO TIRED OF JUST LOUNGING AROUND.
I GOT BAD NES YESTERDAY..OUR JIMMY IN MAINT HAS BEEN OFFERED A BETTER JOB WITH THE TOWN AND IS LEAVING. IT WILL BE TOUGH WITHOUT HIM AND WITH THE BUDGET SO BAD HERE THERE IS NO PLAN TO REPLACE HIM AS YET. I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR HIM AND EVEN HELPED TO GET HIM WHERE HE'S GOING. BUT IT WAS LIKE SLICING MY OWN THROAT AS WELL. I DEPENDED ON HIM FOR EVERYTHING WITH EMERGENCIES. NOT GOING TO BE EASY.
THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT JEN AND I HAD ANOTHER TALK. I WANT TO FINISH UP THIS BILL THING THIS YEAR AND BE SOLVENT SO IF THE GOING GET'S TOUGH WITH MAINTENANCE, THEN I CAN QUIT. I AM MAKING LOUD NOISES ALREADY SO THEY KNOW I AM NOT GOING TO PICK UP THE SLACK WITH JIMMY GONE. PUTTING MY ARMOR ON SO TO SPEAK!!
THE KIDS MIGHT BE HERE FOR NYE AS THEY ARE NOT FEELING UP TO PAR AND DON'T FEEL LIKE THE HOUSE PARTY THEY WERE INVITED TO. I TOLD THEM TO GO SO I CAN SLEEP!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S TO ALL MY WORLDLY FRIENDS. MAY THIS NEW YEAR BRING US ALL PEACE OF MIND ALONG WITH HEALTH AND HAPPINESS.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #218  
Annie - Indiana

Well bull****, I just lost the best post ever.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #219  
Annie - Indiana

and I am not doing it again.

Happy New Year ladies.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:00 AM   #220  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ WHEN I SAW THIS I THOUGHT OF YOU AND YOUR POOL!!

Old 12-31-2008, 11:28 AM   #221  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy New Years Eve ladies!

On the good news, I think the infection in my lungs and bronchials is clearing out. My chest is still tight and wheezy, making it fun to breathe, but now that the infection is getting better, I just have to get my lungs healed up and the steroids should help with that. I'll be up and at 'em in now time!

Happy - Sorry to hear you are so sick. I agree with Ceejay that you might want to think about getting to the doctor. I really like your new avatar!

Annie - It's tough seeing our parents decline. A few years ago, I lost both my parents to cancer. It was the roughest year of my life, from the time of their Stage 4 diagnosis 'till the end. Enjoy every precious moment. Sorry you lost your post.

Ceejay - Great job on getting to the gym! YGG! As soon as I get better, I'll be going to the gym with ya'.

Shad - Sorry to hear that things are so explosive on the DS1 and partner front. I hope you were able to enjoy a bit of your visit with your DS1.

Mel - I'm with you...the new year will bring great health to both of us! I'm convincing myself that I'm getting stronger and stronger the nearer 2009 gets! Sorry to hear about Jimmy leaving, but good for you for putting your foot down and not letting them pass off his duties to you.

Anyway, ladies....It's just about time to call it a day (only working a 1/2 day today and we have a team meeting in just a few minutes that will take us 'till it's time to go home! yay! Once I get home, it's codeine cough syrup and sleep for this chick, and then going to DH's aunt and uncles to play cards for a few hours (but not late).

HAPPY NEW YEAR to my dear and wonderful friends!

Much love and hugs,
Old 12-31-2008, 12:28 PM   #222  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

I am still sick at home. I really don't want to go to the doctor - it will be an all day wait at the walk in clinic and at least a 3 hour wait IF I would be able to get in to see the doctor. I do have prescription sinus medication I am taking and I know it's helping more than just over the counter stuff. Not to the point I think I really need antibiotics - I've got the fringes of a sinus infection but it's clearing up alot since I started on the medicine. I guess I just need to get alot of sleep the next 2 days. Stayed home from work all this week but I need to be in full swing on Friday.

And so we come to the end of another year. I had high hopes for this one - seeing that it was supposed to be my "golden year" but it was nothing special. The stock markets have devistated our financial situation, putting off the longed for retirement another few years. That also means staying here and I was ready to leave Memphis 2 years ago I am glad to have a job tho as many of you have found for yourselves. Not sure what I'd do if I got laid off so I am grateful for small favors. I just checked and I am down 7 pounds from this time last year. It's not much but I did hit my highest weight ever in February and swore I would never see that number again on the scale. Also since we've moved in 2004, I have gained about 10 pounds a year, slowly but surely due in part to quitting smoking and mostly to alot of stress. So to have stopped that trend makes me quite happy. I really intend to buckle down and apply the things I have learned the last few months so I can get off this dreadful pre-diabetes medicine. I also realize looking at people's before and after pictures how being overweight really ages you badly. I don't want to look 20 years old but I think I can do better than I am right now. On the gratitude side, I am most grateful that my mom is still with us - in talking to my friends, she is the "last mom standing" in our little circle and I cherish her every day. I got to see a baby butterfly hatch in the yard and watched the cycle of life as eggs hatched into caterpillars. Tho it started too late to go full cycle, next spring I will be planting a big old planter full of parsley in order to encourage more swallowtails all season long. I went to a great concert and felt like a kid again. Though we tore up the front end of our car hitting that deer, I'm most grateful that we weren't seriously injured. And though it's somewhat lonely and hard to make friends down here, I am truly thankful for the friendships I have with you ladies - many of which have been going on for quite a few years now The support you give really helps get through those occasional humps in life.

Michelle - good to hear that you are on the mend. It sure is taking a long time but you are doing all the right things. Enjoy your half day at work and hope you can have a little celebration with DH and the DMIL. How much longer will she be staying with you?

Mel - you are too funny - those froggies will live in infamy - I'm sorry to hear about Jimmy. I'm sure you understand that when you're making next to nothing tho it's hard to leave your friends, you can't pass up a better opportunity. I am sooooooo glad to hear that you will not be doing the nice guy / doormat and taking up the slack for the loss. It's good that you and Jen are planning your escape. Never let them have you by the Christmas balls so to say

Annie - well darn. Lost the best post ever you say. Now I'm curious. What if you put it back in segments

Shad - sorry to hear that things are not going well on the DS1 front. Wise for you to get as far away as possible. Hope you at least have a nice new year's as you are the first of the lot to ring in 2009. In fact I think it's already 2009 by you as I post this since I think you are 14 hours ahead of my side of the world. Bris-vegas????

Good for you Ceejay for getting to the gym yesterday! Put in a few steps for me and Michelle - will you?

Happy New Year to all the Worldlies - may we all find success and health and happiness (and a bit of wealth to round things out) in the upcoming year.

Let's be fine in 2009!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #223  
Smackin' into a Wall

Just a quick drive by to wish all of the Worldly Chicks a great New Year.

See you on the flip side.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:14 PM   #224  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Happy New Year to you all and yes it is 2009 about where I am standing. Just too weary at the moment to write much. I will be back.

Last edited by Shad; 12-31-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:39 PM   #225  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors and let each new year find you a better (wo)man."...Benjamin Franklin.
Closed Thread