Old 01-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #1  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Default PIC~ Partners in Crime 2008 Thread

Hey PIC's,

to 2008!

I took the proverbial bull by the horns and here's our 2008 thread! I'm also copying the last few posts from the 2007 thread to start us. I hope it's not going to look to confusing.
Let's have a great OP (day, month) and Year Ladies!!!!

Dee~

************************************************** ************************************************
12/29/2007, 12:09am

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good holiday. I've been hiding from the scale. I'm afraid with not exercising because of my elbow and holiday eating I've been packing on the pounds.

I have about 3 more weeks of healing but it is a lot better. I had my first day back at work yesterday.

Valerie Joy
************************************************** *****************************

12-30-2007, 04:25 AM

hey val glad to hear u are feeling better!

Petra my parents also lost their Ashley just before christmas, her neck was swollen and pressing on her windpipe, we think a salaviary gland problem, she was having difficulty breathing.. so they took her to the 24 hour vet hospital that is over an hour away ( we are rural so no vets are open on sunday nor do they take emergencys) the vet promised all kinds of treatment.. trach tube etc

all the did was run the bill up to $3,000 dollars and never gave her any treatment just lots of expensive tests... I later found out in a local forum that this is standard business for them...There must be some type of agency that you can report veterianry malpractice to isnt there? plus now we have been waiting 2 weeks for her remains. what a bunch of shysters...

I took my mom yesterday to the rescue adoption, but she said she really isnt ready yet... she saw a dog that she liked but the people ahead of her adopted that one.

curlylocks

12-30-2007, 07:30 PM iwmonn

Hey PIC's,

Val, good to hear you're healing. Too bad it takes so darn long.

Curly, That's a sad story about your parents pet. It really does suck that someone can take advantage of us like that. It's the main reason I have Lee do the vet visits. He loves the animals as much as I do- but he is realistic re: finances and WILL ask the questions AND draw the line if it's getting to be excessive. Anyway, I hope they get their pet back soon!

My weight is doing ok... still not in the 20's lol. But my high is now what my low was for a long time. I'm having terrible heartburn these days. Really bad. I think it's from the Byetta but I don't want to tell my dr cuz I don't want to go off of it (and I can't afford any more meds). Actually I'm about to ask for the next level dose. I've been taking otc rantidine.

Christmas was nice. I missed working, and had to run to the store for bread heheehe. I made a small turkey and actually have been enjoying the white meat lmao.... I usually don't like it We headed to Santa Rosa the day after... ackkkkkkk the crowds!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NY day off- plans are to kick back and watch some college football. We MIGHT try staying up until Midnight (west coast time) this year. PARTY ON GIRLS!

Hope you all have a wonderful new year!!!!! We'll be seeing you soon I hope.

Love Dee~

1/1/2008 06:30 AM
petra65

Hi ladies. I went home for a week for Christmas which was really nice. I got to see a lot of relatives I hadn't seen for awhile. It's also nice to be home with Kobe again. I met one dog already but she had obvious fear aggression and that was a red flag. I have decided I want a german shepherd and applied to a shepherd rescue in Alabama. It is about 3.5 hours away but it appears to be the one nearest me with the most dogs. There is actually one in new orleans but they only have a couple dogs and recently most of their dogs have not been compatible with other dogs which sort of defeats the purpose. This may take a while longer but I should end up with a dog I'm happy with. Also, I'm planning to do some nursing home work with my job and I'm hoping this new job will have the potential to be a therapy dog and I might be able to take it to work which would be great. Val-yes you can report vets. They have to get a license just like doctors so you can report them to the state medical board. I think I have not run into that problem because I am a doctor and I know enough to know when they are ripping me off.

Curly, congrats on the grades and the move. Sounds like you have gotten a lot settled in your life that has been up in the air for awhile.

I have been having a pretty intense conversation with myself about my weight. I can't seem to get myself back on track and I don't know what the problem is. I know what is required. I now have a job I like so I can't blame it on the stress of the job. I also now have the time so I can't even say it is that I am too busy. The only thing I can blame it on is laziness or an unwillingness to give up my addiction. I'm not sure which. Neither are things I like to admit about myself. I've contemplated going back to weight watchers even though there are things about that program I don't like simply because I think the structure might be good. Anyone with suggestions on how to slap myself out of this, I'm ready to listen.

Who is going to start the 2008 thread this year? Hopefully we'll attract some more people if we are more consistent in posting and also all working our respective programs.

1/1/2008, 11:54 AM iwmonn

HAPPY NEW YEAR PIC'S!!!!!!!!!!

One of my clerks' dog had puppies, ready to go last week. Ohhhh, I want one soooo bad lol. She owns both the parents, papered German Shepard and a papered Husky (i think).. She plays really rotten pool tho- emailed me pics yesterday. They are so adorable, but gonna be big. I made sure to show them to Lee . I know her next step will be to bring one to work. I want one but in my head I know it's still not the right time. I won't tie a dog up (especially since we have 2 wooded acres he could run it). We need to fence one last section of our yard before I get serious about a puppy so he can't get on the road. Also, Sam- our skittish Siamese has started to come in the house to eat and sleep again, tho he still runs at the sight of Lee (?????). He loves me *G*

Petra~ Glad you had a good visit. I think using a dog as a therapy tool is a great idea! Could Kobe be trained too?

Well, I'm having a break from housework. Time to get my head back into the oven.

Let's get together soon Girls!

Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 01-01-2008 at 05:11 PM.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #2  
Remember Why I'm Here

hi again PIC's,

So I'm in complete agreement with Petra regarding the need to post more regularly here. To hopefully get some new members, but also to make myself accountable again.

My goal will be to make some sort of mention of my program, something to do with my journey or at the very least I think I'll keep my ticker posted. I love that you have become my friends, and that I can talk of personal, fun, stressful matters but It has become a habit for me to ignore why I originally found this place by talking of puppies and work instead of what I had for dinner, etc.....

Okies, offa my personal soapbox now.

here's to you Ladies, my friends.... my Partners in Crime

Dee~

Last edited by iwmonn; 01-01-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for starting the new thread. You may need to send a message to Suzanne to ask her to archive the old one. That is what I did last year.

I think I accomplished an amazing dietary feat today. I managed to eat 58 grams of fiber! I think I may be sorry. I also did well in terms of staying on my program today. I have borderline high blood pressure and cholesterol now which should be enough to motivate me. I know if I just lose about 25 lbs it will solve that problem and I have done that several times already. Maybe I just need to make an appointment with a primary care doctor to yell at me or something.

Kobe is a wonderfully sweet labrador but too high strung to ever be a therapy dog. He would be bouncing all over the nursing home. I joke that he is part kangaroo. Buddy could have passed the test but I never did that with him.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #4  

Okay ladies. How is everyone doing in the new year? I've had a good couple days. I'm praying I can keep this up. I even cooked myself a good dinner tonight-porkchop, zucchini with roasted red peppers and couscous. It is surprisingly cold here today and is supposed to be that way for a couple days.

I went to a nursing home today to see a couple patients. It turned out sort of oddly. We planned to go over and talk with them and set something up. Instead, they called me and asked me to come over and see some patients they were having difficulty with. I don't like the shotgun approach very well but we'll sort it out.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #5  
Remember Why I'm Here

Congrats on the menus Petra! Sounds yummy.

I had an ok yesterday. Had actually set myself up for a failure, buying chips, dips, salamie & cheese & crackers..... football snackie food - before I got re-inspired half way thru the day. I really didn't go too overboard on them at all. BUT we know chips have no place in my house- never ever lol.

I'm going to hit the store tomorrow and get more Calorie Countdown and start my protein drink in the morning again. I am using my little plate for dinner. Tonight a small bit of pot roast, 1/2 small red potato, carrots and 1 slice whole grain flax seed bread with earth balance spread.

We're looking at some nasty weather moving in tonight too. Hopefully the power will stay on. It seems to affect the sattellite though, so I may not be able to get on line.... we'll see.

(((((Val, Curly, Petra)))))))

Happy New Year to you!!!!!!!!!!

Something good is going to happen. I can feel it.

Last edited by iwmonn; 01-02-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:44 AM   #6  

Hi everyone!

I am making some changes for the new year.

I am back to exercising after a month off because of my broken arm. I'm giving myself a couple weeks before I step back on the scale because I know it's going to be bad. The combination of no exercise and holiday eating is bad.

So far so good I did exercise today and had 1800 calories.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:26 AM   #7  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi PICs

I have been out of the game for the last year, but I am officially off the bench

Hope you have all been keeping well and had a happy holiday season.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #8  

Welcome back Louie. Glad to see a familiar face. Are you done with school?

I have a challenge already tomorrow. I am going to lunch with a collegue and one of my bosses. We are going to meet a new psychiatrist in the community who isn't planning to work in the hospital to introduce ourselves so he will know who will be taking care of his patients if he has to have them admitted. I have to go to this event. I just pray we go somewhere I can find something decent to eat.

Last edited by petra65; 01-03-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #9  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Petra, thanks for the welcome. It is great to see some familiar faces still here !

I am just about finished. I have one final report and presentation to do - now through to the end of May - and then I am all done... countdown is on.

I have been trying to do abit of catch-up - so sorry to hear about Buddy. I hope Kobe is doing well.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #10  

I survived the luncheon today although the restaurant we went to was a disaster. They have a saying down here..."if it ain't fried, it ain't food." This was that kind of restaurant so there wasn't much healthy for me to pick from on the menu. I ended up with a chef's salad. I also have to give myself a pat on the back for something else. I stopped to buy gas today (at $3.08/gal but that's another story) and found a piece of candy in my purse. My first instict was to immediately put it in my mouth but I stopped and thought about it for a minute and threw it away instead. YEAH!

While I was at lunch, I got a call from the german shepherd rescue. They said they would call me again later but they had reviewed my application and wanted to talk to me about some dogs. They normally do home visits too.

Hope everyone else is doing well with their respective programs.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #11  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Morning

I am up and at it early this morning, so taking the opportunity to catch up on reading some posts. Lots of good information sharing here !

Anyone have big plans for the weekend? I joined a new gym just after christmas, so going for a fitness assessment today. Not sure what it entails, but it will at least provide me with a starting point that I can measure my progress against.

Other than that it is date night - hubby is arranging tonights so not sure what we will do ?!?!

Anyhooo, I will carry on with my reading. Have a great saturday
Old 01-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #12  

How's everyone doing today? I did some serious grocery shopping today so should be set for some good healthy meals this week. I also talked to the people from the german shepherd rescue so we are one step closer to getting a dog. They have to find someone to do a home visit. I'm hoping I'll have a dog by the end of the month.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #13  

Where are all the PIC chicks? Hope you are all doing well. I had my home visit last evening from the rescue. They had to get someone from a different rescue group but it went well. One step closer to my new dog. I'm trying to get something going on the Sonoma board.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #14  

Ladies, what happened to our effort to try to post more regularly?

I made that appointment with a primary care doctor. I have an appointment for the 17th. I think it will help to have someone to be accountable to. I'm going to try to get her to give me 3 months before making me go on blood pressure or cholesterol meds because I'm close on both of those right now and I know if I get this under control I can avoid both of those.

I got approved for my new dog. We are finalizing the date for me to go meet the dogs with Kobe and find the right match. Hope to see someone else posting here soon. It isn't much fun talking to myself.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #15  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hey PIC's,

Well, We had 3 1/2 days without power- (late Thurs nite thru monday afternoon), then yesterday was nasty weather still so I was without satellite most of the day. Kinda weird- when I was able to get online, I couldn't access 3FC.... anyways, we survived. We do fine here without power, but worse yet is that " someone " didn't run the pump after doing laundry on Wed before the storm so we also ran out of water. That sucked!! Lesson learned.

Eating wasn't great. I did easy top of the stove meals, using what I was able to salvage from the meat case at the store or getting a burger to go from the restauarant..... I was tired and cranky and working too much and got into the I don't care mode. I had a couple donuts, some chips & full fat full sugar cocoa..... and I forgot my meds several times. OH, and I smoked again- 2 packs throught the outtage, but only 3 cigs since Monday.... The good thing is the freezer and fridge are cleaned out now lol.
Fresh start for this house.

Petra~ I'm so excited for you getting a new dog. I grew up with a german shepard. He was a wonderful and very loyal dog. Good Luck. This storm made me realize I am not ready for the responsibility of a puppy right now.

LOL I can't remember gas being 3.08. WE got up to 4:00 gal here but it has dropped and stayed about 3.40 for a couple weeks now...

Louie~ Great to see you back! Wouldn't it be awesome if more of the oldtimer pic's popped in again!!

VAL~ Keep it up GF! you can be that exercise & diet woman again.

Curly~ hugssssssssss