Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #121  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

And yes, I WOULD get out of bed for a view like that. I am partial to waterfronts anyway.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #122  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'll send you the full size one if you want. I think I have your email address here.
Ummm, I have sent it to the addy in my head. It will come back if it is not the right one.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #123  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

And here is another one to get on with. That big white mountain in the background is a pile of Salt.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #124  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY...I HOPE YOU HAD SWEET DREAMS LAST NIGHT I TRIED TO SEND GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY

HAPPY....GONE FISHING!!! I AM GOING TO MAKE A SIGN THAT SAYS THAT 296 SONGS OF CHRISTMAS??? I AM SO GLAD I CAME HERE TO READ POSTS...YOU ARE CRACKING ME UP ALREADY!!! YES AND IT'S FUNNY...WHEN I FIRST USED THAT SANTA...YOU WERE THE FIRST ONE TO RECOGNIZE THE DANCE!! THE TRIP TO THE STORE SOUNDED WONDERFUL AND ENJOY ALL THE GOODIES!! THE CATS CAN TAKE CARE OF THINGS WHEN YOU GO AWAY!!! HOPE THE COCOA WAS GOOD

SHAD...OMG....SUCH A VIEW!! I WAKE EVERY MORNING AROUND 7 AND WOULD LOOOOOVE TO SEE THAT! MAYBE I SHOULD GET IT ENLARGED AND GLUE IT TO MY BEDROOM WINDOW!!! THANKS FOR POSTING THAT!! WHICH REMINDS ME...I HAVE NOT GONE TO WEBSHOTS IN EONS!! I MUST CATCH UP WITH YOUR PICS OVER THE HOLIDAYS.

I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN ON THE GO FOREVER. A WOMAN'S SON AND I TRIED TO FIX THE DVD PLAYER SITUATION IN THE COMM. ROOM AND SEE IF WE COULD MAKE A BETTER HOOK-UP. AFTER AN HOUR WASTED, I DECIDED TO COME UP HERE AND MAKE A TOLL FREE CALL. THERE IS NO WAY THE GENT ON THE OTHER LINE SAID...OUR TV IS TOO ANCIENT AND IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE NEW TECHNOLOGY WE GAVE UP!
THEN....SOMEONE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SO NICE TO TELL ME HIS FRIEND THINKS I AM A BIOTCH AND SHOULD CONTROL THE OFFICE BETTER. I DON'T THINK HE WILL BE TALKING TO ME FOR AWHILE....OR AT LEAST THINK TWICE BEFORE HE OPENS HIS MOUTH!
AND ALL THIS AFTER I DELIVERED MY 100 HANDMADE CARDS!! HAD I KNOWN BEFORE...I MIGHT HAVE TOSSED THEM ALL IN THE OFFICE SHREDDER.
I ALSO WRAPPED AND CLEANED UP A BIT. STARTED TO SEND OUT MY E-CARDS TO LOCAL FRIENDS. TODAY I NEED TO GET MY LITTLE GIFTS AND $$ CARDS FOR THE MAINT. MEN READY FOR OUR PARTY ON THURSDAY. THAT'S ABOUT AS MUCH AS I CAN HANDLE TODAY. JEN AND RICHIE ARE BACK WITH DAD AND THEY ARE TOY SHOPPING ETC. NO DEFINITE PLANS AS YET. CRAZY FAMILY! THEY ALL FLY BY THE SEAT OF THEIR PANTALONES!!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY!!!
ps....if i am not here in the morning...i went to the mall with judy. she just called and asked for company.!

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-14-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #125  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Girls.........

OH MICHELLE, I AM SO HAPPY FOR DH. YIPPITY SKIPPITY. PASSING A MARGARITA TO ALL AND CHEERS!!!! DEFINATELY HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! My dad's cholestrol was great all the way around..good and bad...and then had a quadruple bypass. Go figure!

Shad...Thanks for the woo hoos...I feel like one ginormous WOOHOO these days. lol. DD AND DS are still looking for a job we need to make it 5 out of 5 on the job search. I am truly convince we worldlies have the power of prayer and good thoughts. Thank you all ladies...you are the best!

Ceejay... I think it is the time of year for sinus infections and headaches. Would you believe poor Tony (my MAIN man) hehe, has had 3 sinus infections since we have been seeing each other? I actually think the original infection didn't actually go all the way away. Feel better vibes coming your way!

Happy...Most of the training was spent on learning the health plans and benefits offered to major corporations through Humana. One entire day was spent on how the company runs and MY benefits. Which rock actually.

MEL...oooohh, nice dreams....with Hugh Jackman in them? I saw Australia Friday night with Tony, omgoodness it was soooooo good. It was 3 hours long and I had to potty, but did not go cause I didn't want to miss one thing. It is worth every dime and wearing a pair of Depends undies so not to miss the movie.

My puter has been down since this past Thursday night post, but didn't want to call support until this weekend as I only have a cell phone and no landline. Didn't want to burn up my minutes. Good thing I waited till free minutes. I spend about an hour and a half with ATT support, then had to call Norton security as their virus software was causing a major firewall block, I couldn't even log onto the internet. That too almost 2 hours for them to figure out how to fix. Shuweee.

Went to see Home for the Holidays with my SIL yesterday, don't waste your time on that one. Wait till it comes out on DVD. It was just OK.

I am going to make homemade hot wings for tonight when the kids and Tony come over. The kids have been begging me to make my wings. I am in a good mental place these days, so I agreed to make them.

Bought Ms. Hella Bella a new t-shirt. It is black with Pink writing that says Harley Davidson with diamond bling surrounding it. Too cute on her white body which she has a million white hairs on the shirt now.

Cold and 40 today with dropping temps down to 22 tonight. Rain changing to sleet by noon then to snow tonight. Burrrrrrr! Come on girls, put the "come on Spring" vibes out there.

Gotta get busy...HELLO to everyone I missed...and again...Congrats to your DH Michelle. Woohoos back at cha.

Much Love, Many Hugs and Lots of Laughter.

Annie
Old 12-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Your good thoughts arrived. Thanks so much. I told my sister that I was taking my nerve pill and going to bed. Had a good night's sleep. In fact I'm in a prreetty good mood. I'm armed and ready for what comes my way with the boss tomorrow. Better take another xanax tonight. I'm refusing another day of overtime- I have left a note for the boss and Brandon as the reason why.
If he makes me work--I'm calling in sick that day unless the bad weather they are predicting actually comes our way.

Shad
I'm so jealous of your location. The view is gorgeous.

Annie
Bet Bella looks cute in her Harley tshirt.

I'm back to work today. I told my sister last night that I'm very seriously thinking of retiring from here at age 62, and working for doctor's office or other health care facility, that is if I'm still healthy enough to work.

Guess it's time to get busy again at work. Just finished a back wash procedure around 8.30 a.m. and the power went off. I was doing the rewash procedure. Thank goodness the power came back on and I didn't have to run downstairs to close the filters manually.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #127  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

It's cool here today and rain is just around the corner. Supposed to be a rainy week actually. I've got lots to do today as the countdown clicks fast. Hard to believe that we're leaving in a week and 2 weeks from now we'll be back home again

Mel - my Mom had the same deal with her VCR and an old TV. Actually neither piece was THAT old but they wouldn't work together. So my BIL bought her a DVD player and she never uses the thing I know what you mean about the Christmas cards, sometimes you feel like putting a big pucker up picture and on the inside "Kiss Muh Grits" Very few people appreciate things now a days. I have lots of Christmas CDs, you would love them. Ranging from traditional to the off the wall, WHY did I buy these. In that category I have "A Banjo Christmas", several Cajun Christmas CDs which are actually kind of good in a footstomping way, and the worst of all time - "The Jugband Christmas". Maybe DH is right - if they sell it, Happy will come along and buy it

Thanks for the movie reviews Annie. I guess because DH and I don't really date any more, we don't go to the movies - Actually we do go out on dates occasionally. Rarely do we go to the movies tho - most of the time they have the sound up sooooo loud that it hurts our ears. Does that make us old? More to the point, just aren't that many good movies any more. I wasn't sure about The Bucket List but that turned out to be pretty good. DH watched Iron Man on pay per view yesterday and said it was ok, nothing special, shudda waited for it on cable... Glad you are in such a good mood - I call it manic depression - the super high that follows the huge hit the skids low that you felt when you first got laid off. I think sometimes we need the bumps in the road to shake us up a bit because I don't know about you but I tend to get in a rut at times if things are the same from day to day. Last time I got laid off end of 1999 and got a (permanent) job in October 2000, I was singing Steve Miller's "Back in the High Life Again" - I actually remember walking through the parking lot after the interview (they offered me a job on the spot - jumped up in the air and clicked my heels. If I tried to do that now my knees would give out and I'd probably fall and break something so I'd still be elated but would have to tone down my excitement

Ceejay - I think there's alot of people who have done what you're talking about - going to work in reception at the doctor or dentist's office. Tho by the wait time you have on the phone, maybe they aren't hiring quite enough of them so that might be just as stressful.

Ok, ain't getting nuttin done sitting here so I'll be on my way. Have fun.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #128  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

We have falling temperatures and an ice storm headed our way today. It's probably already hit up Ceejay's way - please be careful today! Ice for us is supposed to hit later today and all night long so tomorrow will be just as bad if not worse.

Got a call last night from a dear friend of mine. Her DH collapsed and passed away on Saturday - he was a good friend of ours too - a gentle, caring soul who balanced out our crazy, wild personalities. She is in a fog, going through the motions. I feel so badly for her. She lost her mother last year around Thanksgiving. We were planning on getting together over the holidays, I will still get up there anyway although it will be a completely different type of visit. I was really thinking about how life can be so fleeting sometimes. You'll just tooling along, doing your thing, sometimes (in my case) being a Crabby Appleton or taking things for granted and then boom - out of the blue the switch gets flipped off, the lights go out and you check out. No warning, no wrapping up the loose ends, curtain closed. One of the things she said to me was that she had no idea of all the things that he took care of. He was a financial planner and while she is a strong, independent, get it done person - I guess they are typical of most couples in that she takes care of her "things" and he takes care of his. When something happens suddenly like this, it's difficult to pick up the loose ends, particularly when you are operating in a state of shock. We learned this when my brother passed away. My SIL had no idea of anything he did with the financial stuff and he had password protected the computer and all the personal files. My DH helped crack some of the codes and help her contact online support with others but there were still some things never resolved. DH has a list he made of our stuff because he handles most of it, however that will do no good if something happens to the both of us at the same time. Makes you think...

Not feeling much chatty today so forgive me for skipping the personals this morning.

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-15-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #129  
Choose your hard

oh and Shad - I never did get your email. We will catch up when you get settled back home.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:26 AM   #130  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

It was so cold this morning! 0 degrees F, with a -19 wind chill. DH, DMIL and I had a nice weekend. We got the Christmas cards done and mailed and sent off the packages of Christmas gifts. On Saturday, we went to a craft fair with a very German, Bavarian, Austrian flair, most of the artists selling their wares actually came over from Germany just for this show! So many unique and gorgeous handcrafted gifts! On Sunday, we went out shopping and then to dinner to celebrate DH's job. It was a very nice weekend. Can you ladies please PM me your addresses? I'd like to send you cards.

Thanks to all you wonderful worldlies for your support and congratulations on my DH's job. We are both very happy and relieved.

Happy - Your artificial poinsettia sounds lovely, as does your real pine bough held on by red bows! So festive! And making a wreath for your home - that sounds like so much fun! Take a photo when you get a chance. I haven't had a chance to do much crafty lately, but I'm hoping to be able to find my soap making supplies so I can make some soaps as little gifts for co-workers. So sorry to hear about your friend's DH. Though it's never easy, it's especially rough over the holidays. It's a tough reminder that life is precious and to enjoy the ride. for her and for you too.

Shad - I'm glad you had a nice Sunday. Too bad you had to work. But it sounds like all was good. Thanks for the lovely photos! What a gorgeous view you have! Definitely worth getting out of bed for!

Mel - Sounds like there are some really ungrateful a**holes over there. Don't let 'em get to you, and certainly don't let those few ingrates spoil your wonderful Christmas spirit!

Annie - Can you take a picture of the cutie Hella Bella in her t-shirt? Maybe with you and Tony in the photo as well? I'm glad you're in such a good mood...and glad you're computer is fixed!

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 12-15-2008, 10:34 AM   #131  
Creating a Healthier Me

Here are our Christmas photos for this year.

DH and I and the pups - Christmas 2008
Just the puppies (Santa, Mischief and Doppler) - Christmas 2008
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008small3.jpg (91.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Puppies2008small4.jpg (55.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by diyana; 12-15-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It really to cold for me today. brrrrr. The schools north of us have close due to the weather. To the weather just keep on your path and miss our county. I'm sure the kiddo's wouldn't want to hear me say that.

We finally had our evaualtion this morning and I'm pleased. I also discussed some things that were on my mind. I'm more at ease now.

Happy
So sorry to hear about your friend's dh. It does make you stop and think about life in general.

It's time to get back to work even though I don't want to.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #133  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello ladies.....

Happy...so sorry to hear about your friend. I don't know which is worse, knowing the death is coming, or it suddenly happening, either way it is just horribably tragic. Many hugs....

Michelle....it is very cold and icy here today also. Most schools were on a 2-hr delay. I will try to get a photo of me, Tony and Bella. Bella is not real cooperative. Your pix are adorable and you and hubby look very cute together and happy.

Ceejay...very glad your evaluatioin went well. Good for you, my dear.

What a way to start the week. My boss is traveling today, coming in late tomorrow and working from home on Wednesday.

DD and I are going to a purse party tonight at one of my friend's houses. The purses are the fake Coach etc type purses. I probably won't get one as the last one I got fell apart after about a month. Not real impressed with them.

Shuwee I have gas really bad today, must be the hot wings I made and ate yesterday. Or maybe the over-indulgence of food. haha

Better get busy.

Love and Hugs.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #134  
Creating a Healthier Me

Ceejay - I hope the bad weather stays far away from you. I'm glad your evaluation went well and that you were able to get some stuff off your chest. Good girl!

Annie - Thanks for the nice compliment about me and my DH. We are a happy little family...just us and our three "kids" (Left to right: Santa, Mischief and Doppler). So you're at work this week and your boss won't be there much? Well I hope s/he left stuff for you to do to get settled in. Nothing worse than being bored at a new job. i hope the toots get better soon.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #135  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY~ I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR FRIEND'S DH. SO SAD AND AROUND THIS TIME OF YEAR MAKES IT WORSE. WILL SEND GOOD THOUGHTS NORTH! STAY WARM AND BE CAREFUL WITH THIS WINTRY MIX/MESS!!

MICHELLE~ YOUR DH'S NEWS AND ANNIE'S NEWS WAS THE BEST THING THIS YEAR'S END. EVERYONE IS WORKING!! YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDED WONDERFUL!!WILL SEND A PM BUT SEND ME A EMAIL!! DON'T WASTE ANY MONEY ON STAMPS AND CARDS!! I DON'T KNOW WHO'S CUTER...YOU AND DH OR THE PUPS!!!

CEEJAY...GLAD THE EVALUATION WENT WELL AND STAY WARM!!! SOME CHILLY WEATHER IS UPON YOUR AND HAPPY!!

ANNIE...THOUGHT I SMEELED SOMETHING FUNNY WHEN I LOGGED ON....GAS!!!!!!!!!! NOW YOU MENTION IT....I FEEL A LITTLE FARTY MYSELF! MUST BE THE NATHAN'S HOTDOG I HAD AT THE MALL!

GOOD EVENING CHICKLETTES! I WILL SLEEP LIKE A LOG TONITE FOR SURE. JUDY AND I HAD A GREAT TIME AT THE MALL AND IT SEEMED TO LAST FOREVER! I SPENT A BIT TOO MUCH AND YES I DID USE PLASTIC! BUT THE CHRISTMAS BUG BIT ME IN THE BUTT. I GOT JEN AND RICHIE NEW JOGGING SUITS TO MAKE THE TRIP TO FLORIDA IF THEY GO OR TO THE BROTHER'S HOUSE IF THEY DON'T. SURE THEY ARE GOING TO KILL ME BUT THEN THEY KNOW I DON'T LISTEN TO THEM ANYWAY!
SHOPPING IS FINISHED...AGAIN....AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE PARTY THURSDAY.
I DECIDED TO LET THIS MESS WITH THE SENIORS "GO" AND THE OFFICE CAN HANDLE IT OR THE DIRECTOR HIMSELF. I AM DONE WITH IT. THEY ARE ON THEIR OWN. THE OFFICIAL-TYPES JUST DON'T WANT TO GET THEIR HANDS DIRTY. WELL TOO BAD...THE BALL WAS UNCEREMONIOUSLY DROPPED IN THEIR LAPS BEFORE I GOT ON THE BUS THIS MORNING.
THE DAY OUT, AND WHAT A LOVELY SPRING-LIKE DAY IT WAS, GAVE ME SOME RENEWED SPIRIT AND I AM OFF AND RUNNING AGAIN! COLD FRONT HEADED OUR WAY BUT NOT YET!
HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT DAY.
Closed Thread