Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 01:42 AM   #391  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

I'm glad you're doing a little better and the scale wasn't mean! I hope you get back on track logging your food and using your body bugg. I really couldn't stress enough how bad artificial sweetners are. Jillian actually wrote a book that's coming out on Tuesday about the things like artificial sweetners that screw with your hormone balance and how they make you sick and fat (and she talked about it to an extent on her radio show today). I'm sure it's a really great read and very informative so I'd recommend picking it up if you want to learn how to restore your metabolism to lose the weight more efficiently, which I'm sure we all want to do!

How far down south are you?

As for getting back on track, I'm definitely going to try and get back on track exercise wise, I'm just not sure about the whole eating and tracking calorie thing. :/ I find myself struggling with it since I have no structure and just want to eat all the time haha
Old 04-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 138.8/135.4/122

Height: 5'1

I didn't realize Jillian was coming out with a new book. I will have to check out amazon.com. I can't seem to get back on track either. I am really struggling getting on track. I got up this morning and walked a 5k on the treadmill but I ate half a ham and cheese sandwich and two cookies two hours after eating dinner. What is up with that?

Do you ever get tired of thinking about dieting or the size of your jeans or the guilt that comes with eating something that you know you shouldn't have? I think that is where I am at right now. So I have decided not to try to be perfect... I am going to try to "ease" into better habits. Tomorrow is a new day and my chance to do a better job.

I am in very lower Delaware - about seven miles from the Delaware - Maryland state line.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #393  
To fly like Nadia again

Yes, it looks like a great read! I'm planning to sit in the bookstore to read it over the next day or so because I can't afford to buy it just yet, plus I want to make sure it's something worth buying (though most of her stuff is).

Yes, you have to stop looking at it having to be perfect, it's progess. And really, this can't just be a "diet" it has to be a lifestyle change in order to keep the weight off long term. You need to take the things that are sources anxiety and try to channel them into more positive forms of motivation, you know what I mean. I think the biggest thing about the battle of weight loss is taking things that can be perceived as negative and change that perception and make it positive and by shifting that perspective you can learn to shift your mindset to make things really work for you. I don't know if any of this is making sense or if I'm just babbling (I'm really tired! ) but my basic point is take things in stride and do what you can as you can as positively as possible.

On a good note, I've worked out yesterday and today so hopefully eating well will follow.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

How is everyone doing? Everytime there is a holiday I get in a rut, but I have exercised three days in a row now and while I may not have been able to do it with 100% of effort because i am so out of shape, at least I tried and made it through the workout. I am hoping to start counting calories again maybe next week and try to maintain some sort of workout routine if possible. I'm around 113-114 pounds I believe... I'd still like to be able to lose 8-14 pounds by September...
Old 04-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Is anyone still out there?
Old 04-16-2009, 05:06 AM   #396  

Hey Mermaid! I am still here but I am hanging on by a thread. I haven't been wearing my bodybug or tracking my food. My rut continues.

Congrats on the three days of exercising. You seem to be really positive and heading in the right direction. I am hoping it will rub off on me.

Keep up the good work!
Old 04-18-2009, 03:28 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 63/63/54kgs

Height: 5"2

Hi everyone!
I am new to the board, 5"2 myself! It really hard being this height! I meant we have the same appetite as taller people and yet to lose weight we have to eat much less, well at least it seems that way to me Its so great to see that so many people are just progressing so great on their journeys! It motivates me to really start getting serious about this
Old 04-18-2009, 05:55 AM   #398  

S/C/G: 158/143/130

Height: 5 foot nothing!

I've just found this thread too. I'm also a 5 footer (just!). I have just started increasing my exercising to 5 x per week & also my food intake - ok smaller meals but more often lol. Hoping this lifestyle change will help : )
Old 04-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone! I have been SOOO in a rut - all sad about all the weight I'd gained back! Stopped tracking and everything - I mean, what was the point? Or so I thought - and then I log on, and come here, and see that I'm not the only one who's been struggling! Made me feel connected again, although I do hope that y'all are bursting out of the ruts now!

Btw - welcoem to Sandy and littlejojo
Old 04-20-2009, 02:56 AM   #400  
To fly like Nadia again

Yea Aino, you're not the only one in a rut. I was and still kind of am feeling the "what's the point?" feeling/attitude too because my finances are still crap and I can't buy some of the more healthier foods and I'm stuck eating a lot of pasta haha Oy...... but something is going to turn around soon. I got back to working out week before last and did 3 days and then I injured my hand and I kind of used it as an excuse not to work out this week. But I'm over using it as an excuse and I'm going to at least get back on track with exercise at the very least even if my eating isn't perfect. The exercise still helps in many ways.

I hope you all are doing better. We'll all come through it.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:02 AM   #401  

Ouch! hope your injury is better now, gymlee! Sounds like u're doing well in your efforts to come out of your rut! Finances are such a barrier to healthy eating! I'm a carbaholic so it's so much easier andcheaper to eat pasta all the time ! I'm trying to change my portions though Not easy, but hopefully i'll get better!

How are all of you doing/.??
Old 04-21-2009, 05:09 AM   #402  

Hey Gymlee and Aino, I was glad to see you guys still on the board. I am still in a rut myself. I have been stuck between not even wanting to think about exercise or dieting and eating whatever I want without beating myself up. My mini goal date is just barely a month away and I am no closer than I was a month ago.

Gymlee, I am sure you will get back on track. Sometimes injuries get us side tracked no matter how small the injury.

Tina
Old 04-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #403  

Hey Tinamae - yeah still here, still in a rut! I wonder why we all got into a rut around the same time! Something in the water, maybe? Hang in there though Tinamae, a month is a loong time! Hope you hit your goal, or atleast make the kind of progress that will keep you motivated!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #404  
To fly like Nadia again

Yea it was stupid. I was getting up out of bed and I turned to head out the door way and smacked my hand into the wall but really hard! It swelled up so much and it hurt so bad. And this is coming from the kid who walked around on a broken foot all day when I was 10 and more recently walked around with bone chips in my ankle for 7 months before they found them. Anyway, the doctors at the ER said it wasn't broken but I don't trust the docs at the hospital I went to so I ask a former physcian of mine to take a look at the X-rays. He said it didn't look like there was anything wrong but to play it safe because sometimes it takes a few weeks for fractures to show up, especially with the little bones in the hand. It still hurts over a week later but I don't have time or patience right now for it be wrapped though I probably should. The way I see it, I recovered from the bone chips in my ankle just fine and if this is broken then I'll make it through ok too. I'm just going to avoid using my hand when I exercise, if I ever start again

Yea I'm a carboholic too Aino. It's awful. I just want to eat whatever is quickest right now too: pasta, cereal, bread (with a spread of some sort), etc. It's so hard too with my sweet tooth. You'd think since I didn't have money to spend on regular food that it would stop me from eating a ton of sweet food. Nope! I've just moved on to baking things from scratch which is a testament to how desperate I am for my sugar fix. But on the other hand it's better because I know exactly what's going into it and there isn't much in the way of anything processed in there like some of the cake or brownie mixes or frosting. No high fructose corn syrup or other crap like that. Just plain sugar, which is better than that though I won't go into all the science behind it. I just know from having listened to Jillian Michaels enough and reading some of her book why HFCS is the devil!

I wonder why we all fell into a rut together. Maybe it's something cosmic and the universe is striking us short girls! haha Just kidding. I think attitudes play a big role and if we can all maybe shift our perspectives we can get back on tract. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but it can be done. We just have to work hard
Old 04-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #405  
To fly like Nadia again

It's quiet again in here! Come on ladies, let's get chatting!

So good news! I FINALLY got a job. It's not anything special, just cashiering at Lowes as temporary/seasonal help, but it's something for right now! So I'll definitely have something to keep my mind occupied rather than thinking about food but I'll have to force myself to exercise because I'll probably use the excuse of "I'm too tired!" because I'll pretty much be on my feet the whole day but the more you're on your feet and you move around the more calories you burn. I'm also thinking of getting over my irrational fear of riding a bike on the road (took a nasty spill a couple years back which now contributes to the fear) and getting a new bike that fits better and riding to work since it's around 6 or 7 miles and the weather is getting nice.

But I have another dilemma. I have been trying to figure out if I should go back to school (to get basic classes done for either trying to enter med school or a second degree in health sciences i.e. dietetics or exercise science) this summer/fall and try and do the working thing and school and throw a little trying to lose weight in there or should I maybe just delay school for a little bit and focus on losing the weight first and foremost? The other thing is I'm planning to relocate in the within the next 6 months to a year and I want to have the weight off by then but I also want to have a lot of those classes done. I'm just so torn and don't know what to do. What do you all think?
Closed Thread