Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 PM   #271  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! Jumping in here. I'm 4'11".

gymlee--Love the Jillian Michaels quote in your siggy!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Height: 5'0"

welcome, shay!

mermaid - yeah thanks for creating this thread! lol - it's one of my daily rituals now just for that extra boost of motivation!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #273  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Welcome muppet!!!

Aino- ugh I know!!! I hate this emotional eating BS. I need to get over it and I had been doing so well for the past few months until these past 2 weeks or so but I'm coming to new revelations about things on a psychological level with breakthroughs and such so I think now that I've got those comin I can use them to kinda fix the emotional eating problem a little more. Plus I don't know why I've kinda mellowed out a little bit in the past day or so. I just woke up more serene. Perhaps it's because I actually slept during normal sleeping hours and not like nocturnal haha. I did pretty good today except I got caught in one of those sticky wickets because I didn't eat for a long time and by the time I got to something I could eat it was Dunkin Donuts and I hadn't had a donut since July so that turned me for a loop! But other than that I did ok. Sorry for the rant but I suppose I had to fill you in on that stuff

Mermaid- I hope you're doing better!!! I hope you're losing and not gaining since you haven't been checking in. I know you can do well!!!

Shay- Thanks!!! I love this quote too!!! It was from this past season (season 6) when Michelle was having her issue durning 80s week on the treadmill and she was hitting a wall whether it was more physical or emotional I can't remember but that's what Jilly said to her and I found it sooooo moving and so true. I have to say I seriously love that woman. She is so brutally honest and on point that I can't help but adore her for that. Plus she's really smart and talented with what she does and I only hope to as good as her one day. I want to eventually be a registered dietician and personal train people on the side because of the journey I have been on. I'm a former gymnast/gymnastics coach and fitness was always kinda been part of my life until a few years ago when things changed in my life and I emotionally shut down and ate to fill the void and deal with emotional and psychological problems and developed some health problems (underactive thyroid and PCOS/insulin resistance) in the process which lead to a significant weight gain. So now I'm being treated for the health problems and I'm just trying to get my life to where I want it to be. Sorry for the lengthy response but one thing lead to another and I had to clarify because that's just what I do. haha Thanks for listening!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 148

Height: 5'

Hi everyone! It's been a little while since I've posted. Last week wasn't my best week. I only workedout 2 days. Somehow though I still lost a pound, actually 2 lbs, hmmm, don't know how, but I'll take it just the same. The past 2 days I've managed 30 min's on my elliptical. It says I burn around 300 cal's in those 30 min's. I've been pushing myself as hard as I can on there. I've been watching The Biggest Loser and that helps motivate me. I see these people working their butts off for hours a day and I somehow can't manage to get in a 30 min. w/o? lol....so that gets into my head and I get my butt up off the couch and do something. This cold weather and snowfalling constantly is not helping though. I don't want to do anything except light a fire in the fireplace and sit and enjoy.

Does anyone else have a really bad problem with snacking at night? I don't have much of a problem with it during the day, it's after dinner that I start to think of chips or dessert. Sometimes I resist, but other times I fall. Lately I've been craving peanutbutter. Don't worry, it's not any of the kind that's been recalled. And I'm sure I should be eating some fat free or low fat kind or all natural, but sorry, I can't stand that stuff. It doesn't taste right. It's Skippy or nothing, lol. Anyway, how do you guys deal with the latenight snacking?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Lilly,

Skippy is the best peanut butter. Everything you wrote in your post I am experiencing too.

I am having trouble keeping up my workout routines because i come home so cold! Between the sight of snow and having to wear so many layers of clothes and the joints feeling all cold and arthritis-like, it just depresses me into this I must sit here in a ball huddling under the covers drinking hot chocolate type of attitude.

I have no cravings or urges to eat during the day. When I go to work, I make sure i have a breakfast, usually cereal and fruit. But then, most days, I try to eat lunch, but I don't eat a lot or i feel like i don't need to. It's such a weird sensation but it's like i am not even hungry. I don't get hungry until night and then I crave all sorts of bad things during and after dinner. So then, I either have a bad big meal for dinner, or a healthy meal but I still want to snack until I'm in bed. I start craving all the bad things... chips, cheez doodles, chocolates, pastries, cookies, even cheese a lot of times.... but just something to eat from 5:00-11:30 at night... I want to eat nonstop.

The only thing that seems to work for me is going to sleep early, going upstairs away from the kitchen to spend the rest of the night, throwing on my retainers early cause i cant eat with them in lol, checking in on this thread and 3fc in general.... but lately... I don't do those things. It doesn't help the cravings but sometimes those things do distance myself from them.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #276  
To fly like Nadia again

Wow ladies, it's been quiet in here!!!! Thought I'd stop by and say hiiiiiiii and see how everyone is doing. I'm hanging in there. Hope everyone had a good weekend!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:05 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 148

Height: 5'

Mermaid,
Those are all my biggest problems too. All day I could keep it in check, even manage to eat pretty healthy, then night comes and my cravings go out of control. Getting on the computer doesn't help, I'll just sit at the computer and eat! I would just go to bed, but I have a really hard time going to sleep. I'm one of those people that can't tune out all the things running through my brain. And there is always at least 5-10 things going on in there, lol. I've gotten into a bad habit of taking something to help me fall asleep. Right at this moment I'm laid off and have no reason to hit the hay early or get up early. Sooooo, I've become a bum. If it was nice out, well, then there would be all kinds of stuff to do. Winter is about my least favorite season. I hate cold weather! I'll be going back to work soon, so that will get me out of the house a little bit. I should be planning my wedding, lol. We are getting married this July and I've got a ton of stuff to do. But since I've been laid off, I don't want to spend the money. Sorry, didn't mean to go into all of that "other" stuff. But it doesn't help motivate me. It just adds to the need to snack and lack of sleep. Well, hope I didn't bore anyone to tears. I know this is for dieting, lol. I'll try and stay on topic.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #278  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I'm still here!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #279  
To fly like Nadia again

No worries Lily. I understand where you're coming from and sometimes you need to vent all that out because it does affect your weightloss. I hear you on the cravings coming at night. I used to be like that really bad. But most recently it doesn't matter what time of day it is I'll get cravings. I had a craving this morning right before I got to breakfast wanting to eat my moms left over half laffy taffy (pure sugar that just gets stuck in your teeth!) and I just had to walk away and eat my cheerios. I'm still thinking about eating it though haha
Old 01-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #280  

hey ladies! wow - sorry I've been MIA the past few days. Finally done with my finals, and didn't have any work, so I could actually relax this weekend!

Good thing - caught up on my sleep

Bad thing - boy oh boy, like gymlee, my cravings seem to get triggered at any time of the day!

Good thing - weight is still holding steady from last week

Bad thing - don't know for how much longer, the extra food consumption is going ot show up on the scale some time soon, yes?

Anyway, anyone up for a quick 5 day challenge? I want to have NO fried foods for the next five days No fries, no burgers (unless I broil it myself, at home ;-) ), no mozza sticks, no cheetos - you get the idea ;-)

Happy week, my lovelies!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 312/312/300

Height: 4'11"

I'm 4'11" and have always been chubby. It all seems to gather around my hips and thighs. And talk about altering slacks/jeans....I have a tailor that I finally found so even when I find something on sale I end up making up the difference by paying for them to be hemmed up. Petite pants always have to have about 6-8" removed from the hem.

All that aside...I love being short!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #282  

Aino- Yay for finals being over. I am up for a 5 day challenge. For me, I want to add on exercising at least once this week. Due to my "issues"... whatever my reasons, issues or excuses are: (work and lack of work problems, lack of time, emotional things, excuses, lack of sleep, winter - too cold!)... it has led me to stop exercising. I was doing it 4-6 times a day for 35 minutes a day. and then after the holidays it all stopped. I haven't been able to get to do myself to do anything...

I am back up to 117 pounds and not losing. I am fearful I will gain more weight. I don't want to gain weight. I want to lose and at the least, maintain.

So my 5 day challenge for me is: no fried foods, no soda, no alcohol (and therefore no drunk binge eating) and at least one day of exercise!!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #283  

laughingsun-

welcome. i love being short, but I also hate the $10 I have to pay for each pair of pants to be hemmed even when they are short or petite.

I also carry all of my weight on my thighs/hips (ugh love handles)
No matter how much more weight I will be able to lose, these huge fat thighs are not going anywhere!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #284  

mermaid - sounds like an awesome plan! i know, this lack of motivation is our biggest obstacle to weightloss! But we can do it!

welcome laughing sun haha i have the hemming problem too - *le sigh* BUT unlike you and mermaid, i start gaining weight on my face (really puffs up!) and then it starts adding downward - so my hands/upper body, boobs, then hips, and lastly my legs! I end up looking like the michelin man at times !!!!!!

And when I lose weight (IF I ever lose weight), it's the opposite - i lose on my hips first, then my waist, then upper body and finally my face)
Old 01-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

Hi Ladies!!

I'm back after a brief hiatus from 3FC. I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday season!

Here's to a new me (and a new you too!) in 2009!!
Closed Thread