Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #316  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Yes aino! If I'm not terribly sore tomorrow (I started to get sore in my quads 3 hours after the gym) I'm going to the gym again because mom wants to go together. If I go it's different muscles to be worked so hopefully the sore ones won't be too bothered. It sucks though right now because it's the end of TOM for me and I just want to eat everything in sight still. In a couple days I'll be back to normal though so it'll be ok.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 148

Height: 5'

Yeah, I don't think I could do that DVD more then 2 times a week. I don't want to think about how sore I'll be tomorrow, lol! I think my goal for this week is going to be to do a different workout for each day of the week, MON.-FRI. I did 30 Day Shred today, so tomorrow I'll probably do my elliptical. Then maybe do my Zumba to have a little fun on WED. Thurs, I can do my Slim n 6 DVD and Friday, maybe I'll do Core Rhythms. Then I won't get bored, lol. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can get out to do some exercise!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Height: 5'0"

i couldn't bring myself to work out today I guess at this rate, I'll be lucky if I work out every other day lilly - way to go! i think it's a great idea to switch things up - that way, your body won't get into that routine, and you'll always optimize your effort!
Old 02-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #319  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5' 2"

I am trying to get into an exercise routine. I do workout on my Treadmill about three days a week. I am trying not to overdo and make myself miserable.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #320  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5' 2"

After reading a lot of the posts here, I am not sure I am setting my goals low enough. I will have to see how I feel once I reach my goal. Right now I am happy with anything I can lose.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

DiBaskin, why did you settle on 145? It is best to readjust your goals when you get closer. It's about how you feel and look that determines where your ultimate goal should be. However, according to the BMI charts, I think you should be aiming for 135. But that's just a chart, and when you get closer, you'll know yourself whether or not you want to make your goal weight higher or lower.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #322  
To fly like Nadia again

Aw aino! Any work out is good. Just as long as you're moving. I went to the gym yesterday for an hour and did treadmill and weights. I actually ran for a little bit more than usual. I do anywhere from 3-5 sprints per 30-45 min period on the treadmill at at least 6.5 mph each time (sometimes more) for at least 30 seconds. Yesterday I ran 6.5 for 30 seconds the first sprint, 7.0 the second sprint for 1 min and then 6.5 for almost 3 mins. I'm very proud of how I've been doing. I may exercise again today inside my house rather than go to the gym so I can change it up and do something different.

Great job Lily!!!! Keep up the good work.

DiBaskin- As mermaid said, you can adjust as you get closer. My goal weight on here is just temporary and will be adjusted as I see fit. But you have to do what you feel like will be right for you, where you'll be most comfortable. Nothing is set in stone when you put your goal weight up here. It can change.

Last edited by gymlee; 02-04-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: I can't type
Old 02-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #323  

Well I've done 3 days in a row so far! 30 Day Shred I did Mon., Tues. I did my elliptical for 35 mins' and Wed. I did my Zumba DVD. I haven't worked out today yet. I'm sick and don't have any energy. I still may get on my elliptical for a little bit, just to stay on track. I hate it when I get sick when I actually have been doing well. Next thing you know a month has passed and you are back to square one. I know sometimes you really can't workout when you're sick, but I don't have my head hanging over the toilet or a fever, so I should do something. That's amazing gymlee, I can't run for any amount of time, lol. Even when I was in really good shape I would try and run and it never failed that my lungs would burn and I couldn't breath.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Lilly- I feel the same way!
I've had thee worst cold and I can't breathe so working out is impossible. Granted, I haven't worked out for real since before the holidays, but this happened once previously when I had worked out for 15 days straight and then I got a cold, and it ruined my streak. But don't worry, you won't go back to square one.

I'm stuck around the 115.5/115 mark... I need to bring back the exercise.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #325  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I haven't worked out in five days and the last time was pathetic. I'm sick. Hubby is sick. And I'm unhappy about it.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #326  
focus and keep aiming

S/C/G: 190/179.6/125

Height: 5'1

Default I am 5'1 1/2 and 177

i am short and stubby, all my weight is in my boobs and my stomach. I can deal with the boobs. but the stomach... oh and the back rolls are unnerving, and really upsetting, I have been working out a minimum of 3 days to 6 days a week for almost 1 month. I feel discouraged, knowing that these things dont happen overnight but I am really feeling a crash diet coming on! I am doing weight watchers right now but I am totally thinking of doing slimfast for breakfast and lunch with 2 boiled eggs for a snack in between and maybe apple or granola bar for another snack, then like a salad and chicken with rice for dinner.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:24 AM   #327  

I'm not at all feeling better. Infact today my throat now hurts instead of itching and I can hardly talk. So this is day #2 that I haven't worked out. But I swear I am not going to let this ruin my streak, what little of one I've got going, lol. Mermaid20, I wish I was down to 115 so I'd say you are doing great! Those last couple of pounds are always the hardest, lol.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #328  
To fly like Nadia again

Thanks Lil!!! I'm sorry to hear you're sick I hope you feel better soon!!

Great job mermaid!!!! I'm so happy the scale has moved for you!!! Keep up the good work.

I hit the gym again yesterday and I did 10 min warm up/cool down, 30 mins of weights/resistance training, 30 on the bike and 30 on the thread mill. Today I was so exhausted and sore I did not feel like doing anything. I also got on the scale to see a gain for the first time since I started back in August. But I expected it since I had a bad week with food. All of my days this week were over 2,000 calories and I couldn't stop eating junk. Ugh it was awful! It was TOM for part of the week but that shouldn't be an excuse. But it's a new week and I'm hoping to do better. I am taking stock in the fact that I reached my goal of going at least 3x this week to the gym and my work out week isn't even over yet so I can get in at least 1 more time I think. (My work out week and weigh ins don't coincide at all haha I weigh in on Fridays but my work out week is Mon-Sun).

Keep on truckin everyone!!! We can do it!!!

Last edited by gymlee; 02-07-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #329  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymlee View Post
Oh archychick, I totally get you. I'm worried that I might have to shop in the girls department when I get to goal because the way the sizes are getting bigger for what they should be and the fact that I tend to wear smaller sizes for my weight (ie. when I was in the 150s I wore and incredily lose 10) I'm wondering depending on where I end up (115 is only a temporary goal since it may be adjusted as I get smaller) that I might have to stop in kids which I find hysterical yet somewhat unnerving haha. I'll deal with it when the time comes though.
I'm five one so I guess I'm a shortie. For a while now I've been bouncing between 110 and 115 pounds. I'm aiming for 105. No worries about having to shop in the kids department if and when I reach goal because I'm already doing that. Currently I'm a 14-16 in kids, At goal I'll probably be in a kids 12. Clothing makers apparently forgot that us shorter smaller gals would be sized out when they started inflating the sizes.

Anyway shopping for casual clothes like jeans is no biggie, but buying something a little dressier is a nightmare. It's hard to find something that doesn't make me look like a 12 year old on her way to the junior high dance.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #330  
To fly like Nadia again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magrat View Post
I'm five one so I guess I'm a shortie. For a while now I've been bouncing between 110 and 115 pounds. I'm aiming for 105. No worries about having to shop in the kids department if and when I reach goal because I'm already doing that. Currently I'm a 14-16 in kids, At goal I'll probably be in a kids 12. Clothing makers apparently forgot that us shorter smaller gals would be sized out when they started inflating the sizes.

Anyway shopping for casual clothes like jeans is no biggie, but buying something a little dressier is a nightmare. It's hard to find something that doesn't make me look like a 12 year old on her way to the junior high dance.
Oh my gosh, seriously??!!! Oh maaaaaan. Are you another one with a small frame? I'm one of those people with small bone frame but a muscular one from all my years in gymnastics. It will be interesting to see where I end up in kids sizes because I think I've come to a point where I'm about to resign myself to the fact I'll be wearing kids clothes when all is said and done. I guess I will have to find a great tailor for the dressy stuff. Oh well.....

Last edited by gymlee; 02-07-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Closed Thread