Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 152.5/152.5/120

Height: 5' 0"

i came on to read the messages and the line to click on says moved!!!!! where did any other short girls out there move to ?????????????? ladyfighter1
Old 02-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

It is really hard being short! To lose weight, I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories or less. And that goes so quickly even when you're eating healthy. I eat mostly fruits and vegetables and by lunch time, I've already eaten at least 750 calories, which only leaves me around 450 calories for dinner and snacks. It's insane. Like take today for instance:
I had one serving (3/4th cup) of Special K cereal with 3 oz of blueberries for breakfast. Then I had for lunch... 2 clementines, 80 grapes (I know that's a lot but I love them and I snack on them all day), about 8 dried apricots, 10 grape tomatoes, and a cucumber. I drink only water. That's still 700 calories! I feel like it's nothing and it's all healthy yet, it leaves me feeling like I have no room for snacks because dinner is always 500+ calories.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #333  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Mermaid, I'm sure you know that you shouldn't go under 1200. I understand that it's hard when you're getting towards end and you can't eat much calorie wise to lose when you're short, but I would really try and add in some more protein like some egg whites or lowfat cheese, peanut butter, etc. It seems like you don't have enough protein. I wouldn't eat quite sooooo many fruits, and focus more on veggies since they have less calories by about 1/2 depending on the fruit vs veggie. Plus it is also gives you more food volume wise while saving you calories. I would also stay away from the dried fruits because it tends to have more sugar and since the water is sucked out it's less filling than fresh fruit. I would also increase the length or intensity of your work out to make it more effective and burn more calories to try and speed up the weight loss. I don't know if any of this is new to you but this is my understanding of things. I hope things work out better for you!

On a more personal note, I'm back on plan eating wise and with working out so I'm a lot happier
Old 02-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 138.6/135.4/110

Height: 5'0"

i agree mermaid - 1200 goes by so quickly, it's a downright shame.. BUT wow, you're eating so darn well! I'm curious, if you work out and burn say 300 calories, can you eat up to 1500 calories?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #335  

well, don't give me so much credit, i usually end up being really bad during dinner. i eat healthy breakfast lunch and even snacks usually... but dinner and sometimes an after dinner snack... i just ruin everything. I eat way over 1200... I'm just saying every calorie counting site, and diet, and weight loss estimators, tell me I'm supposed to eat 1200 or under to actually lose any weight. But I must eat at least 1600 on a daily basis. I do need to exercise though, I think I used to burn around 300 a day and it really did help me, even if not for the weight on the scale, in clothes and such I felt better and felt I looked better. Now, excuses, excuses, I know... but with work and school and traveling here to there every weekend, I just can never seem to get any time in for exercise. and my lack of motivation doesnt make it any easier to find time.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #336  
To fly like Nadia again

Mermaid did you just drop your goal weight? Good luck with trying to work out!

Aino, how are you doing??? You haven't been posting much in here lately. Miss you!

As for myself today was my 3rd day in a row working out. But I had a rough day since it was my first day back to school for my second degree a BS in Dietetics and the whole time I felt like the kids in the nutrition class were judging me even though I have no basis for the assumptions. I guess it was all in my mind and I feel like such a boob for thinking that these beautiful fit people were judging me the fat girl in the nutrition class when some of them may not have always been fit either. :stressed: I had put up a post and someone made a really great point about me assuming that all these people were always fit when they may not have been along with the fact that they may not have been judging me either. Talk about feeling like an a$$hole. Pot meet kettle.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #337  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymlee View Post
Oh my gosh, seriously??!!! Oh maaaaaan. Are you another one with a small frame? I'm one of those people with small bone frame but a muscular one from all my years in gymnastics. It will be interesting to see where I end up in kids sizes because I think I've come to a point where I'm about to resign myself to the fact I'll be wearing kids clothes when all is said and done. I guess I will have to find a great tailor for the dressy stuff. Oh well.....
Actually by all the usual tests (wrist circumference, elbow width) I have a large frame so the fact that I'm buying clothes in the kids department (I say kids and not girls because sometimes I shop in the boys department too lol) is absolutely insane. I'm naturally muscular, and like you I did gymnastics for years. I am not small and dainty by any means.

Years ago when sizes were smaller and I weighed 124 pounds I wore a juniors size 11. I felt like a cow compared to my friends who weighed around 100 pounds and wore sizes five and three. Getting to a size five seemed like the impossible dream so my goal back then was to be a size seven. Now size seven jeans fall off of me and sizes five and three are hopelessly baggy.

I began my weight loss journey at 145 pounds, size nine or 10. My goal was to get to a size three or four. Little did I know that I would blow right past them.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #338  

Mermaid - I quite understand, I've been very demotivated myself lately

Gymlee -aww thanks! I'm back now

I've been very very demotivated lately. I've knowingly been sabotaging myself - not making the right choices when it comes to food, even though I knew I'd hate how it would make me feel after I have the cheeseburger/pizza/chips. I've slept in, instead of waking up early enough to work out. And ofcourse I pay the price in terms of how I feel - sluggish,bloated.

I also know if I wait to feel better, more motivated before I work out/eat right, I never will get started. There's less than 2 months to my 30th birthday, and I'm hoping that witihn that time, I will get to a point where I feel better about how I look/act. So, with that in mind, I woke up this morning and went for a 30 minute walk. Then i went and bought the latest issue of Shape magazine and Weight Watcher magazine so I can read the "success stories". And now here I am, recommitting to myself. And to you guys Hopefully, I'll make it?

How are you all doing? Magrat - that's awesome that you've done so well! Here's hoping I can follow in your footsteps!

Last edited by aino; 02-16-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: pressed "post reply" before I finished typing! :)
Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #339  

Good luck Aino. Less than 18 days until my 25th birthday... my original goal for my birthday was 110. Right now I'm around 116. I know I will still be 4.5-6.5 pounds heavier than my goal by that date. I'm still determined to feel pretty on my birthday! You have two months, you still have time to make a big difference. I lost over 20 pounds in my first 4 months, which means about 5 pounds a month. Now i am fighting to not gain weight. This weekend with valentines day and vacation from work ... I gained 2+ pounds, but hopefully I can 30-day shred that as fast as it came! LOL. And yes, I did change my long-term goal weight. 110 was always my goal for my birthday, and even though I can't make it, I know I will someday and I wanted to put my next goal up anyway. I'm determined to lose 14 pounds and build some muscle!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #340  
To fly like Nadia again

Magrat- I went to old navy the other day to compare the jean sizes and there is very little difference between the womens 0 and the girls 14. Maybe a 1/4 of an inch! That was just nuts! I even looked at a size 12 and I'm thinking that's where I might end up too especially since it looks like it'll fit perfectly in length! But like I've said before, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I wanted to try and get a goal outfit but I got overwhelmed with trying to pick a size and then I thought maybe try and get a bikini but then I got way toooo intimidated and ended up not getting anything. I think my old size 10s are good enough for right now.

Aino- I'm sorry you've not been doing that great. I was off plan for a whole week and then was on and off last week and now thankfully I am on plan again! It seems planning out my meals I do better.

Mermaid- I hope you get as close as possible to your goal weight for your birthday! I would really like to weigh 210 for my doctors visit on the 5th of March but I'm not sure since last I weighed myself I was up to 218 from my bad 2 weeks. So I have about 2 1/2 weeks so we'll see how close I'll get because if I make it, it will mean 20lbs lost since my last visit 3 months ago!!! But I will take anything under 215.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #341  

OK, so after new years, I was upset with gaining so much weight that I stopped working out and counting calories. After a valentine's day binge and more weight gain, I realized slacking off because I lacked the motivation to be consistent was useless and only hurting me more. So, I am trying to start fresh. New goals, new attempt. We are all constantly falling down and trying to get back up again right? So, I did the 30 day shred for the first time in forever... the 25 minutes used to be easy! and now, I could barely make it through the first 5 minutes. That's how out of shape I got in two months. I am so weak and fat and loose and lacking muscle and untoned that... I need to to find more ways to get in some activity and stick to it. I did the 25 minutes of exercise today. and I started counting calories again. I hope I can stay on target, and stick to this plan. I would really like to see some definition in my body and I would certainly love to drop pounds!

Last edited by mermaid20; 02-17-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #342  

Happy advanced birthday, mermaid! I'm sure you'll look great on your birthday! 116 is a good weight for our heights, and anything less than that .. wow Good job! I'm glad you're back on track!

You too, gymlee - I like that you managed to get back on track despite having an off week! You have a few days till your doctor's visit - and I think getting below 215 won't be too bad, especially if you're on track the next couple of weeks Which, being a rock star, you will be!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #343  
To fly like Nadia again

Aw Aino!!!! You're gonna make me blush! I stayed on plan again today and ate what I was supposed to calorie wise and all healthy I might add and I hit the gym for about 1 hour 20 mins. I'm hoping that I'll get there. I weighed this morning and I'm back down to 217 so I'm seeing that a lot of the weight I gained back was water. It's a little over 2 weeks to the appointment so we'll see how far I get.

Mermaid: I'm sorry you're not feeling so good about yourself but at 116 you're anything but fat. While you may not have the definition in your body that you desire or the strength to make it through 30DS (an INCREDIBLY difficult work out) doesn't mean you're loose and weak. The fact that you're getting yourself back on track with counting your cals and working out seriously (Jillian Michaels' work outs are no joke!) proves just how strong you are and how worth it you find yourself. You know what to do and you're getting back to doing that and it is so commendable! I have to say kudos to you for getting back on track! Keep it going!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #344  

how is everyone?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #345  

meh it goes ups and downs

how are things with you, mermaid?
Closed Thread