Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 07:29 AM   #46  
Made of Starstuff

Shy - Congrats on the pants! I feel like the clothes going down is sometimes more of a victory than the numbers. So exciting!!!!! And just like you always say, one meal/shake/day did not put the weight on. I'm glad you enjoyed that shake... it's tempting me now! And all the better that you're planning the rest of the day around it. (That always helps me enjoy those foods more!)

OLT - I'm so sorry to hear that there's upsetting news. You do what you need to do to stay sane and healthy during this time. If you need to come back here to talk about it. Please do. We'll be here for you when you get back Your family is in my thoughts.

Blech, so I'm in work this wonderfully chilly Saturday morning... instead of in bed. And tomorrow morning the same. Yay for overtime money... Boooo for having no life. It will keep my thoughts busy, though, since my fiance is in China for a week again due to a project for work. My foot's healing well. I'm going to give it until Monday to rest up and reaccess then. Just don't want to wait too long or all those good habits I've been working on will have to be worked on all over again!

Well, back to work. I want to get plenty done today!

Last edited by Lovely; 12-01-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #47  
Made of Starstuff

This is silly, but does anyone have any favorite "smilies" on this site?

My personal favorite is this guy:
I don't get to use him a lot, but every time I see him I just think "He's so CUUUUUUTE!!!"

Just curious if other people think the same about certain smilies ^.^
Old 12-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #48  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Faerie
Yes, you take it easy. Might need to start back slowly. Don't want to over do it.

Ok today is the day I need the pick me up lol. No what I really need is a kick in the pants and tell me to stop listening to everyone. I gained all this weight pretty much in two stages just a few months apart from each other. First major illness ( after many mini illnesses ) about 40 lbs. Couple of months later and I wasn't even better yet another major lung illness and another about 40lbs. I am down to the just about the first time I gained weight, yeah me almost 35lbs gone.

I can remember when this happened and I thought, well if the meds do it and there is nothing I can do about it. I can be happy at this weight. Well I am sure not happy with this weight now since it is starting to come off. I think I am now worried if I lose more it will pack back on ( thank you all you nice people in the friends and family category that have told me over and over how I will gain it all back, everyone does. ) Hubby says it is now time to get rid of more " friends ". Friends do not discourage you, they encourage you.

I don't tend to let things like this get to me but they are this morning. I am not like " everyone else ". I am not dieting, I have changed how I eat and no more of those blasted meds. I will not put all this weight on. Really hate that I have let them get to me.

Typing this is making me feel a bit better but darn doesn't seem to be doing the trick I need lol. I would kick myself in the butt but I can't seem to get my leg up that high from behind lol. Darn you would think I could, I am not that far from the floor.

I still feel good about the clothes. All the 18's are in the give away pile now. I can fit into all my 16's. Now to get rid of the bit of muffin top that I have when I sit down in them and I will be a lot happier. It was the muffin top that did me in this morning lol.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:30 PM   #49  
Made of Starstuff

Shy, I have my doubting moments, too.

I don't know why your "friends" would be telling you that everyone gains it all back, because not only is it discouraging, but it's FALSE. What is true is that it's very, very difficult the first year to maintain. And what we don't get that first year of maintenance is the "woo hoo i'm losing" feeling, we have to switch it to the "woo hoo i'm stable" and that's difficult! But, I also know that after the first year it becomes at least easier, if not ever easy. They say if you can make it through the first year that you're much more likely to keep all of it off. Also, I think a lot of those people who make it to where they want and then gain it all back may have done "diets" instead of commitments. Or after maintaining for a few forget that it IS a commitment. Daily. Hourly. Mealy. A commitment. That's going to be the difference for me, and I know it!

Statistics don't lie... and I don't want to tell you "it'll be alright, once you've made it it's all over etc etc". I'm going to tell you the truth, it's gonna be hard. Maybe harder than the losing. Sadly, many people do gain back weight (though not always all of it). You've made the decision and commitment to not be one of those numbers.

You have made all the right permanent changes for a healthy life. Don't let anyone tell you differently, they are not in your shoes! They might only be saying those things because they have tried and failed and want anyone who tries to fail as well. Misery loves company.

I'm of the mind that sometimes friends have to tell tough truths... maybe that's what they think they're doing, but I don't believe they're doing it the right way. If they wanted to bring it up, it's better to ask "Are you worried at all about maintaining? I hear that it's tough and that lots of people can't handle it. How are you going to deal?" Rather than to tell you lies and say you're going to gain it all back. BAH! BAH I say to them and all the naysayers!

You CAN do this. You ARE doing this.

And if someone says something like that again, you tell them "That's not true. Not everyone gains back weight. And keeping those negative thoughts around is like a self-fulfilling prophecy. One that I don't subscribe to, thank you."

In conclusion, you are awesome. And if you ever need to hear it again, just ask. I will say the same Or write it on a post-it note and stick it to your monitor. Then the post-it note will say the same!

Last edited by Lovely; 12-01-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #50  
Rennie

Faerie

Thank you for the pick me up. Just isn't like me to let anything get to me. I still have along way to go and I guess this morning I was wanting to much out of myself to fast and on top of that last night I heard it from everyone.

I haven't found losing weight to be hard lol. I eat the way I eat everyday. Make sure I get to have something I really like everyday and work everything else around it. Get those required amounts of the four basic food groups in too. This is just how I eat. I find nothing hard about it. What is there to maintain? I eat how I eat. I have no desire for the stuff I don't eat. Ok, I do have to watch how much mountain dew I drink lol.

Once i slapped myself around a little bit. I get very angry with myself when I let people get to me. Then stood on a chair so I could kick myself in the butt I was fine lol. I could be wrong but from what I have seen. People gain it all back because they go back to eating all the stuff they did without. I don't do without anything so I have nothing to go back too lol. Some people just don't want people to be thin, happy and successful.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-01-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #51  
Made of Starstuff

Exactly I'm glad you were able to kick those other people's thoughts out of your head!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #52  
Rennie

Faerie
I don't get down for long lol. Has been a great day. Have everything ready to put the tree up. House is clean. I am working on laundry now. Doing nothing tonight but working on laundry and watching movies with the hubby
Old 12-02-2007, 07:07 AM   #53  
Made of Starstuff

Shy - Hey I like nice, quiet evenings like that. They can be just perfectly cozy. ^_^

Back at work again.
Only 4 hours, so I'm going to gung-ho it to get as much done as is possible. Don't want to have tons of work leftover for Monday. Then Monday... back to normal! Also, my foot is nearly all better. I'm going to rest today, then go walking tomorrow afternoon, BUT I'll be taking it very slow, going maybe half the speed I used to and just for 15-20 minutes instead of 30. I'll see how things are after that.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #54  
Rennie

Faerie
That is a very good idea. Keep it easy or you might end up off it again. You work to much lol.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:53 PM   #55  
Made of Starstuff

Busy busy busy at work. More OT.
I took two 10 minute walks today, and while my foot's a little stiff, it's MUCH better. I'm happy that I got in some movement today. I was really missing it.

I'm proud of myself tonight. I went grocery shopping, picked up some fruits & veggies and made salads with a little bit of gorganzola cheese all ready for the next two nights for dinner. That and a little whole wheat pasta with chicken for tomorrow as well. At least I won't have to think about dinner tomorrow! Already made up!

Well, it's off to bed with me. Need to follow the "SEE" rule more often. That's Sleep, Eating well, and Exercise. I realized that sleep is really, really important to what I'm doing... and I think I should focus on getting more of it.

G'night Ladies! I hope you're all doing well ^^

Old 12-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #56  
Rennie

Faerie
Dinner sounds great, what time lol. Sleep is very important. What we eat, the stress we allow, the sleep we get, all of these things are components to a healthy body.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #57  
Made of Starstuff

Ahhh Tuesdays! Nothin' too special today.

I've been thinking a lot about my choices of foods. Now... I'm doing a million times better than I used to. I'm eating the right portions, and more fruits & vegetables for sure. But, sometimes I think I eat a few too many "light" carbs and grains and perhaps too many big name processed foods. I've switched my pastas to 100% whole wheat pasta (from the organic section at the grocery store), and my rices to mostly brown rices... but I still get the feeling there's more to it than that. I should start looking for a good bread/bun brand that is less white and more whole grain. Not to mention a lot of soups that I like are high in sodium, and while I've never had a major issue with salt, I don't want it to become one. Again there are organic choices that are better for me. (I've compared labels.) But sometimes I get so confused as to how "organic" I need to be! I mean... I'm not someone who can grow my own wheat to make my own bread...

Even some of the whole wheat choices from major companies end up being filled with a few things I can't even pronounce (probably as preservatives)... and compared to the "organic" section where (using my pasta as an example) there's only wheat flour as an ingredient. One ingredient!

I guess it'll just take time. And there is a Whole Foods area on 3FC.

Anyone else dealing with trying to eat more "organically" for lack of a better term?
Old 12-04-2007, 01:19 PM   #58  
Rennie

Faerie
I was once told if God didn't make it don't eat it lol. I try to stick to that pretty closely to that thought. Now mind you he didn't make mountain dew BUT he did make the person that came up with that WONDERFUL taste so that makes mountain dew ok lol.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #59  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

what is this a chat fest between the two of you? Can any one join? LOL. Where is everyone???? I've been down and out the family is getting sick one by one, except me. crossing my fingers.

Shy others are just jealous and it's true they don't want to see you succeed. We need to ignore the comments and I know it's easier said than done. Our self esteem gets hit big. heck right not my hubbys is watching the victoria's secret special. I'm feeling great. oh sigh

faerie:

Last edited by lostchick; 12-04-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #60  
Angela

S/C/G: 203/195/185- mini goal

Height: 5 7

shy I think your stetching that saying a bit Hahaa
Closed Thread