Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:23 PM   #181  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Country
It can happen. Sometimes we need to take a deep breath and get rid of things that cause stress. Relationships are one of those things. If they cause to much stress they really aren't good for us. Hope things get better for you and we see you back here chatting again with us.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 PM   #182  
Sandra

S/C/G: 230/195.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Ta Da!!!!

Hey Ladies ~

OK... I'm back. Sorry I was MIA for so long (two months to be exact) but I had some emotional stuff to deal with and I didn't think I would be doing anyone any good boo-hooing about my life everyday. Not a very positive influence on any of you and didn't want to drag you all down with me.

I'm sorry to see so many people gone and such sporatic posting lately. I've been thinking of all of you and missing the support you give me and I give you here so hopefully we can get it going again.

I'm feeling better mentally for the most part so I'm ready to get back on track physically. The weight news isn't bad actually... I cheated like mad for the last two months, all but gave up for most of it and only gained 2 lbs. I didn't that was bad given the holidays were during that period.

I read back through the last several pages of posts and see my sister has been here. Thank you for welcoming her and supporting my niece's illness with thoughts and prayers.

Anyway... I've missed you all and can't wait to get reaquainted again.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #183  
Rennie

onelasttime
Nice to see you back. Hey, don't stay away because things aren't going great. That is what we are here for. We don't just talk about weight issues you know. All of us need someone to talk to and help us through tough times.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #184  
Sandra

Thanks Rennie

I know, turning away from the people who support is isn't the right move but isn't it wierd how most of us will do that? Withdrawn instead of out there getting the help we need? ugh. BUT... I won't do it again cuz then not only do I lose out on the support I could get here but I let you guys down too by not being there for you!! So I won't do it again.. pinky swear LOL.

I know some of you have your IM address posted here and I was actually wondering if any of you are interested in keeping in touch through IM as well so we have a better way to help keep each other on track if one of us "disappears" from this site. Not to stalk each other of course, just a friendly nudge back here if we aren't doing so well. OK... maybe just a little stalking I was just thinking about it the other day and it really is too bad that we can make such good friends here and then POOF they can be gone with no way to get in touch and make sure they are ok even. I certainly don't want to IM with just anybody but some of us have gotten closer and really shared quite a bit so I thought it would be nice. Just let me know.

I'm doing ok with the weight loss. My program is a pain to follow and have any kind of social life. I know that's why following a specific program isn't always the best idea but it's the only thing that has ever worked for me. We are going to a Super Bowl party tomorrow and I'm already planning all the healthy stuff I will bring so I can munch on that instead of all the stuff I'll really want to stuff my face with!!!

Anyone else got SuperBowl plans? I'm rooting for the Patriots by the way, because my best friend is a Patriots fan and my team is already out cuz they sucked this year.

Talk to you soon!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #185  
Sandra

Hi Ladies~
It looks like everyone is MIA - hopefully not eating too much bad superbowl food!! I'll be back in the morning to check in... Hope you all have a great night.
Take care!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:20 PM   #186  
Rennie

Sandra
I would love to im with you. I never remember to turn the darn thing on lol. If you want to chat I am usually here lol I don't close the page just keep refreshing it. Send me a message and I will turn the messenger on. I am not going anywhere. I need you all to much.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #187  
Sandra

Sounds good! Where is everyone? It looks like I'm not the only one that disappeared, huh? That's partly why I like the IM idea too.... so easy to lose touch when we really need each other the most sometimes.
I can't IM right now but I'll do that next time I have a few minutes and see you're on.
Hope your diet and exercise is going well. I'm actually struggling to "not cheat" this time around. Ugh.
Talk to you soon!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:19 PM   #188  
Rennie

I can't cheat since I allow myself anything I want but I can eat to much of things. I do have somedays that things taste so darn good it is hard not to eat to much of them. Kind of like Lays potato chips lol.

I am so proud of myself. Since I had a whole day that I really had nothing to do. I decided today was going to be my 10 miles 1 mile walking/aerobic video at a time marathon day. I didn't think I was going to be able to do it but I DID IT. Wow I feel great.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-05-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #189  
Sandra

Wooo Hoooo!!!

High five girlfriend ~ That is awesome. You should be so proud of yourself.

I'm having a good day food wise and drinking lots of water. No exercise today but that's ok cuz some days I get in a mode where I just need to get so much done around the house...little things that build up and I'm kicking butt on those so I still feel good.

I'm glad you're still here Rennie. BTW... how do you pronounce your name? Is it Rennie like the first E sound like in elephant? and the ie sound like Easter?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #190  

hey Sandra,
glad you're back. i do the exact same thing and withdraw from people when i really need to reach out for help. i don't know why. i've always been like that.

i've been doing really crappy on this whole 'healthy lifestyle' stuff. every day i say, i'll get back on track tomorrow. yeah right.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #191  
Rennie

Country
Knock it off. Pick yourself up by your boot straps and get back on the wagon. You know you can do it. We miss you chatting with us.

Onelast
Homework is exercise lol. Hitting two birds with one stone. I decided I wasn't going to do walking videos today. I did 3 short toning videos and cleaned the downstairs, did laundry and cleaned the basement. That is enough lol. Rennie is a nick name for Renay, sounds like Bennie as in Bennie Hill. Yes, kind of like you said it I think lol. AHHHHH think of Denny's lol.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #192  
Sandra

Hi Ladies

Ohhhh, I gotta tell you... I was sooooo miserable at work today, if it were socially acceptable for a 38 year old to have a tantrum like a two year old I would have. Of course, that just led me straight to the &&& ugh.

Anyway... feeling a bit better tonight. That could have something to do with the cosmopolitan(s) I'm drinking.

I've decided today that I am changing my program. See, I lost 20 pounds with the old fashion portion control and exercise which was going great but ohhh, so slow. Then I was offered to do this program under the care of a physician I work with which is a rapid weight loss so I jumped on board with that and lost another 20 lbs. quickly. I loved that but some family illnesses hit and it was impossible to stay on track with that program as it's very limiting so I quit. I've maintained for 2 months which is good but have been trying to get back on program for two weeks now and I just can't do it. Sooooo, I've decided today to stop that program and go back to the old fashion portion control and exercise. I know that's healthier, easier to do and should last in the longrun anyway. Now I just gotta break it to the doctor that I'm quitting his program.

The other change is I'm adding DDR to my exercise regime with my daughter. She really wants me to do it and I haven't been wanting to so I wouldn't be huffing and puffing but you know what?? She wants me to do it with her and doesn't care if I huff or puff so I should just enjoy the time I have that she wants to hang with her Mom before that changes. She's 12 so it won't be long before I'm "ruining her life" or embarrassing her so she wants me to walk 10 feet behind her at the mall to pretend we aren't together. LOL

I notice neither of you ladies have AIM so I will create a Yahoo account to use so we can IM once in a while. Sometimes it's just nicer to have an immediate conversation rather than waiting for posts.

I hope you ladies are doing alright. Rennie ~ Thank you for your support, you are such a sweetheart. Lola ~ get your A$$ back here so I can give you a big hug!!!

Talk to you soon ladies!!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:40 PM   #193  
Rennie

Thought I would pop in and let everyone know what is going on. As you know we are tearing out the carpet in our one hallway and putting wood floors down. WELL since I am a accident looking for a place to happen. I found a place today lol. I tripped over a piece of lint ( lol ) on the floor we had just pulled the carpet off of and fell down the stairs. Let me re say that. I fell down the three stairs to the landing and then down the flight of stairs lol. I wasn't laughing at the time and sure hope God forgives me for the things I WAS saying on the way down. I will be ok but I did something to my hip, which I have no idea what they are talking about. Closest I can understand is that I sprained it. Well it means ( my mother has said this for years ) I finally found that place to darn near kill myself because I am such a klutz lol. The doc said I can walk all I want ( as long as it doesn't hurt to much ). No jumping or sprinting. Not really in the mood to jump or sprint lol. Think I might take his advice on that one lol. Did a couple one mile videos today ( did it hurt you might ask ) don't be foolish of course it hurt lolol. Do you think I am made of plastic hehehe. But, I was able to do them. Think the knee lifts and kicks are going to have to wait for a bit. So for now, it seems 1 mile videos and upper body workouts are going to be the exercise I can do. My daughter brought me Oreo cookies because of course they help with pain. I ate 10 of them before I knew it. Going to be paying for that. First time in almost 10 months I haven't been on plan. Won't kill me but sure isn't smart. Glad there are no more of the darn things in the house lol. Checked fit day. Since I have been on the lower end of what I allow myself for a few weeks, I am still within my ranges. Think this still means lots of chicken and salads for a week lol. Will just have to see how long it takes to get back into action. Doc said it could be a few days it could be a few weeks.

Onelast
You should do what works for you. What is DDR? I have yahoo I just never remember to turn it on lol. If you want to chat send me a pm here and I will turn the yahoo on. You make me smile. Glad I can encourage you. I like pinky swears

Country
I tend to do the same thing. I am the fixer I don't ask for help. I should, there are other people that like to be fixers too.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:20 PM   #194  
Sandra

OMG Rennie~
How are you feeling tonight? Probably even a bit more sore, huh? Make sure you take it easy and don't hurt yourself even worse by pushing forward when you should be resting. Does the doctor have you taking an anti-inflammatory drug to help decrease swelling and pain in your injured hip? You poor thing. AND I'm sure nobody, including God, cares what was spewing out of your mouth as you were tumbling down the stairs.

DDR is Dance Dance Revolution. It is where you watch the DVD on TV, stand on a mat, the tv instructs you what to do, where to place your feet to the beat of several diff. kinds of music. Then it gets faster and you have to keep up. You stand in the middle and the places to put your feet are on either side of you, in front of you and behind you. You usually end up on your toes and hopping or jumping to keep up. It really can be a blast, I just look like an idiot doing it. BUT... then again... it's just me and her in the livingroom so who cares??

Country ~ If you are lurking around, get your butt in here!!! We need you. I disappear too when I'm struggling... I want us to really try not to do that. To really lean on each other for support instead. I know, I know, new territory but lets do this together!!!

I have to work the next three days at the hospital so I won't be on as much but I'll still keep in touch. Have a great night ladies!!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:48 AM   #195  
Rennie

Onelast
I feel pretty good considering lol. I am walking and moving which is the best thing to do. That is why they told me I could do my walking/aerobic videos as long as they didn't hurt to much. You try to stay will, I know from experience, it just gets worse. I am ( or have been ) taking it easy. Since I don't exercise generally on the weekends I have had a nice long rest. Only walked for 3 hours shopping, cleaned the house from top to bottom and walk up and down two flights of stairs a couple dozen times doing laundry and such lol. It would have been easier to have just done the videos lol. Sounds like you re having fun with that dance stuff
Closed Thread