Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #166  

Height: 5'2''

Hey everyone,

Well my weekend was alright. I worked out Friday but was too sick on Saturday to do anything and then on Sunday I played racquet ball for an hour and weight lifted. But this morning I weighed myself to show a .7 weight gain which is pretty frustrating. I'm starting to think I'm never going to lose the last 5 lbs. and that I should just focus on getting more muscular. We'll see...

Dee
Old 01-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #167  
Dawn

S/C/G: 240/195/160

Height: 5'9"

Hello and Happy Monday!

Hang in there Country Girl... you're in a tough spot, but I'm sure you'll make it through! Are you doing anything to help with the ciggerette cravings? Like the patch, or gum, or anything else they have on the market? I'm getting ready to throw myself into the same situation. I know it might be more logical to wait until I have my weight under control, but the problem is I can't breathe well enough to get any decent excercise right now! Maybe focusing on that would help you?

I had pizza and wings this weekend! I still feel kinda guilty about it, but I told myself, if this is a life long change, then there has to be room to eat the foods I love once in a while! At least I only had one slice and a few wings instead of my usual 3 slices though... Didn't gain anything, but didn't lose anything either.

Have a great week everyone!
~Dawn
Old 01-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #168  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Finaly
There is nothing wrong with us haveing things we love in proper portions. This journey we are taking isn't about doing without. It is about eating heathy and mixing in the things we love with the things we may not love but are good for us. Nice going on the portion sizes.

tigger
Sorry to hear you aren't haveing a nice time. Being sick can cause water weigh so that might be what the problem is at the moment.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 01-17-2008 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #169  
Dawn

Here's a question... Have any of you ever lost weight before? Did you notice any type of negative impact on your social life? A few years ago, I lost quite a bit of weight due to medical issues, and felt like people treated me differently. My jokes, which had previously been funny, weren't any more, and some of my friends seemed to distance themselves from me. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this before?

~Dawn
Old 01-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #170  

Shy- thanks for the support. I'll keep trying

Yesterday I went to pilates and had a lot of fun. Today my pedometer arrived!! (Finally! That's what I get for selecting free shipping). I've worn it all day and am going to just wear it a few days to see what is my average steps per day and then work on raising it. Tonight I'm going to yoga because I'm really sore and I might even go to fitness mix (which is step, lifting, abs mix) if I feel up to it because I hardly have any homework for tomorrow.

Dawn, two years ago during the spring I went through a bunch of illnesses (I have an overactive immune system which actually is not a good thing)- I caught the flu, developed pleurisy, and then a full body rash.. all of which resulted in me feeling under the weather and having a reduced appetite. I lost quite a bit of weight and at first people complimented me but then people started trying pushing food on me like I had an eating disorder (and I wasn't even skinny!) They would ask me if I was eating and I felt like shouting at them that I was sick!

Well I'm off to the gym. I hope everyone is doing well.

Dee
Old 01-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 270/270/200

Height: 62 inches

Hi ladies, sorry I've been gone for a while. I did lose 1# when we weighed in at work last week. Trying for more this week-at least 2#.

Lola-don't deny yourself any foods at all. When you do that you tend to over do. Just have a small piece. If I have a craving for a candy bar I will get one and that tends to satisfy me for a while. Even a regular one as I am diabetic and not supposed to have sugar. The sugar free ones just aren't as tasty.

New-My husband and I joined LA Weight Loss a couple years ago. It's just too expensive. Like you said having to buy the LA lites and such. I also did not like weighing myself 3 times a week. If I gained then it made me depressed and I would eat. So I only weigh in once a week.

Finally-5#, that is great. As far as a goal I like to set one main goal and then break it down into several smaller ones in 10-15# increments. This way I don't get to depressed if the weight doesn't come off quickly. It took me 45 years to get this big and it won't come off overnight.

Countrygirl-Just take one thing at a time. When you are ready there is a new drug out to help quit smoking. It's called Chantix. It comes in a 2 stage pack, the starter pack and then the next phase. Good luck.

Nice talking to you ladies, I will try to come on more often. Oh, I almost forgot, my daughters scans show no more Cancer. She still has to finish her Chemo and then the stemcell transplant mid Feb. We take one day at a time. She goes in tomorrow for the next round of 5 day continuous Chemo. You canntrack her progress on caringbridge.org, our site name is heatherallen. Be my guest and check it out.

Thanks for all your support.
Sherri
Old 01-16-2008, 01:17 AM   #172  

Hey everyone,

I made some bad choices today, I ate some things that I shouldn't have. But not to rationalize this or encourage it in the future, I know that if I want this way of eating to be long term I need to allow myself to "cheat" a little every now and again. I actually read a study that said people who cheated on a diet actually lost more weight then those who followed it perfectly. Perhaps its because we don't feel so limited. So I am going to keep a positive attitude and move forward.

Dee
Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 185/180/135

Height: 5.5

Hello ladies, I would love to join your group. I am a stay at home mother of 4 and I am at the end of wk.1 in my goal to lose 50lbs. I am having a really hard time finding good low fat foods to eat and I can use all of the help/support I can get. I bought a treadmill and have been using that for about 30-40 min. a day, but I am working towards being able to exercise more. I have to say that I love to eat and this is definately a challenge for me. I want to change my lifestyle for myself and my family... I need to feel better and be more active for my children. I just get so tired after the normal daily routine of kids/home and more and it is hard to exercise when you are already exausted. My husband is a truck driver and is gone 90% of the time, so I could really use some friends to chat with while I go through this. I wish you all well on your weight loss journey ....any help for me on mine is greatly needed and appreciated. Thanks girls!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #174  
Dawn

Welcome Michele! Great to have you here!

You're very right, this is quite a challenge! I have no idea who said it originally, but there is a lot of truth to the phrase "nothing worth having is ever easy."

Just do your best, and don't beat yourself up too bad if you slip. You'll do great!

~Dawn
Old 01-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #175  
Made of Starstuff

Oh boy have I been gone for awhile ^^ Just wanted to pop in and say hello and glad to see everyone. I'm easing back into foruming this week. Life life life... how it happens...

Health-wise I'm doin' okie-dokie. Had my ups & downs over the past month that I've been missing, but I'm still making progress.

Hope everyone is doing swell!!! And I hope to catch up with everything, soon.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:33 AM   #176  
Rennie

Faerie
Nice to see you here again.

Finaly ( just can't get myself to call you Dawn lol would be like I was talking to myself )
You are very right. If this were easy all the time, everyone would be doing it and we know not everyone is.

dreamer
WELCOME. When I first started this journey I ate a lot of lean cuisines and lean pockets. They taste great, are low in fat, and got my portion sizes under control. Now I find I really don't look for low fat foods. I more, change how I made the things we eat and that lowers the fat right away. Here is an example, the kids love cheese slices. Kraft now has 2% cheese slices instead of whole milk. Really dropped the fat down. Now for snacks I love skinny cow and weigh watcher snacks.

Tigger
There is no such thing as " cheating " if you remember this isn't about doing without. This is about making good choices, eating the required amounts of the four basic food groups AND making sure you fit into what you allow yourself a day the things that you love. See, lol, you call someone else Dawn and I am reading away thinking it is for me lol. I am the only Dawn we know. I was the only Dawn in high school. I hated the name. All three of my girlfriends from high school named their daughters Dawn after me. I said to them. What has that beautiful baby done that you would stick them with that name lol.

nrs
Nice going on the weight loss. Praise the Lord that your daughter is doing so well. That is such good news.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #177  
Rennie

I check everyday, where is everyone.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 238.8/230/120

Height: 5'4"

Shy, I check everyday too, and noticed that nobody has been posting for a while. I didn't bother posting since I thought no one was around to read it. Maybe the board got too slow for most and they switched to other threads. I don't know.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #179  
Rennie

I love this thread. I thought we were all getting to know each other. Our circle of friends dosn't have to have dozens of people in it. Sometimes our circle of friends are only a few people that we like.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:23 PM   #180  

hi ladies. i know i've been gone a while. i've been bombarded with stress from every possible angle, and when things get crazy i cut myself off from my friends. i know that's bad. but i guess i've always been like that. i've let everything get to me you know? work, family, finances, relationships... sigh. i'm overwhelmed.

i've been eating healthy on and off. more off. excercising sporatically. mostly just trying not to lose my mind while i get my life back on track. trying real hard not to have a nervous break down.

i hope you're all hanging in there. missed you!
Closed Thread