Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #106  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Isn't it great when you get what you really want.

I already had

Leslie Sansone ( 1995 ) Miracle Mile Walk 1 Mile
Leslie Sansone ( 1998 ) Walk Off Weight 4 Mile
Leslie Sansone (2001) Walk Away The Pounds...
( 1 Mile ) Get Up And Get Started
( 2 Mile ) High Calorie Burn
( 3 Mile ) Super Fat Burning
( 4 Mile ) ( 2003 ) Express
Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Advanced Walk 5 Mile

I now have to add to my collection, because of my wonderful hubby

Leslie Sansone ( 2001 ) Walk Away The Pounds For The Abs 3 Mile
Leslie Sansone ( 2001 ) Walk Away The Pounds Heart Healthy Walking 2 Mile
Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Walk Away Your Waistline 3 Mile With Waist Belt
Leslie Sansone ( 2007 ) Getting Fit With Faith 2 Mile

I have more than enough to do a different 1 or 2 mile walk everyday.

A couple of them he bought new, some used at the video store. Not all of them came with equipment so he also got me, a set of 1.5 lb hand weights with straps, a set of 2 lb hand weights and some stretchy things. I said, " Do you know what I want for Valentines day?" He started to laugh and said what. I said I want her exercise ball video and an exercise ball. He just smiled and said no problem.

Talk about supportive.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 270/270/200

Height: 62 inches

Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. My honey really surprised me and got me a digital camera. It's pretty bad when at Thanksgiving everyone except me had one and my husband worked at Kodak. lol
Thank-you all for your prayers and support. Heatheis not feeling very well last couple days, I think chemo is kicking in and she also got shingles-hurts like a *****, (pardon my french.) This poor girl can only go through so much. The Dr is talking about mid Feb for stem-cell transplant, this time from a donor.
Hope everyone has a safe new year. Will check in w/you next year. Take care
Sherri
Old 12-27-2007, 09:13 PM   #108  

hi ladies! hope everyone had a great christmas! mine was good. but i've been eating cookies non-stop. no kidding. need to get back on track...
Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 PM   #109  
Rennie

nrs
What a great present. What kind did you get? We have been looking to get a new one for a long time. I am oposted to spend a lot of money on something I use a few times a year lol. Bet we get one by next christmas or even maybe this summer when we take our annual trip to the zoo.

Country
Ohhhhhh cookies. I have no idea how I lost another lb at weigh in today. I thought I would be up a ton and a half lol.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #110  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone,

Wow it has really been quiet in here......well as I warned I am BACK!!! *LOL* It is back to normal now and I was actually looking forward to it after all the christmas junk food! But I think it will also be hard because I treated myself too much, it will be hard to go back to healthy eating so I hope everyone can help me get back to normal!
Back to the gym either tonight or Monday, not sure when yet that will be scary also I haven't been since the beginning of December!
I can tell I haven't been eating well or exercising as I have been fighting a cold for the past couple of weeks. But the best part was I didn't get the flu this christmas season as I did the past couple of years.....woo woo!
I hope everyone is doing well!
Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy 2008!
Old 01-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #111  
Rennie

Shimmering
HI glad you had a nice holiday. Yes, it is nice to have things back to the way they should be. How do we get over all the junk we have been putting in our body and not crave it WELLLLLLLLL.

I have 1/2 cup of 2% milk, 1/2 medium banana and 1/2 cut low fat or fat free vanilla ice cream. Mix in blender until just as yummy as can be and then enjoy.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 PM   #112  
Ready to get serious

Hi Shy I hope you had a good christmas! And your treat sounds yummy! I will have to try it sometime. I bought skinny cow 50 calorie fudge bars, I am hoping they are good and help with the cravings.
I am also going to revise my eating plan, I think I need more veggies and such, I think I have too many "healthy snacks" like rice cakes and 100 cal packs and I think I should cut down on them and more veggies or fruit.
How did you do over the holidays?
Old 01-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #113  
Rennie

Shimmering
I am one of the lucky ones. I am on the " Rennie " plan which means, NO PLAN lolol. I stay pretty much within a set amount of things I allow myself. Over under, not a big deal. Just general amounts. I did great over Christmas. Drank enough low fat egg nog to float a ship, ate sugar cookies and still lost 1lb a week. Life is good. Calories are never a problem keeping my carbs down, now that can be a bit of a problem lol. My one big thing I am working on is getting my fat % up and the carbs down a bit.

The doc and dietitian/nutritionist said I should be at about 23 to 25% fat and that 7 to 10% sat fat is good. I don't always hit that. I was going about 21% and they said that was the reason my skin was so dry and my hair was falling out to much. I have noticed if I keep the % up I don't have those problems. I don't use powders, drinks or anything like that. Just good old fashion food and getting those required amounts of the four basic food groups in.

I also found, this was real real nice lol. I can eat much more than I thought and still maintain this 1lb a week weight loss. Is kind of funny, it isn't always 1lb a week. Sometimes it is 2lbs in two weeks. That probably has to do with weight fluctuating. Is one of the reason I only like to do a weigh in every couple of weeks lol. I don't like to see a week I haven't lost anything.

Oh my gosh, I love your avatar. My card club name is Angel Brat. I was told by an old friend I meet the daily minimal requirements to be called a brat so I also go by Minimal Brat lol. That avatar is me lol. You ever get another avatar please let me know so I can use it lol.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:48 AM   #114  
Ready to get serious

Hey Shy,

Congrats on making it through christmas and still managing to keep losing weight! Great job!
Yes I am doing the same thing as you, I mean no powders or drinks just the normal way of more veggies, fruits and of course no junk food, though I admit I have become a professional at finding "healthier junk food" *LOL*
Smart move with the 2 week weigh in's maybe I should try that! Though I would have to lock up my scale and throw away the key as I love my scale
Thanks about the avatar I cannot remember where I found it, I found a couple of cool angel ones out there, if I can find the site again I will send it to you!
Have a great day!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #115  
Rennie

Shimmering
Oh I have worked hard on finding low fat, low cal yummy snacks lol. I don't do without my snack everyday lol. I swear by weight watchers fudge bars and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #116  
Ready to get serious

Shy, I love my sour cream and onion rice cakes I pretend that they are chips *LOL*
So are we the only two that are in here anymore, do we have to chase some people down!?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #117  

YAY! i'm so glad there is some chatter in here!!! i've been so sad that our numbers have dwindled. i haven't posted much cuz i felt like i've was talking to myself. wonder where everyone went?

i've also gotten back to my healthy eating this week. my weight's been up and down within about 2-3lbs since thanksgiving, and as of today i am at the weight i was about a month ago. everytime i start eating junk for a few days i put on about 3 lbs of water weight. well, at least i have gained. i'm really back on track now - went to the store and stocked up on fruits, veggies, low fat lunch meat, and healthy snacks. i'm feeling really optimistic and motivated right now. we'll see how long that lasts! LOL

the other thing is that i quit smoking. it wasn't a new year's resolution. it's just something i needed to do and have been putting off. i promised my 5 year old that i would quit and he promised he wouldn't start smoking when he's older. LOL so there's my motivation.

shimmering - speaking of "healthier junk food," i saw an add in WW magazine for these muffins and brownies that are low cal, 0-1.5g fat, and really high in fiber and protein. i haven't tried them yet, but i will. the website is www.vitalicious.com

Last edited by countrygirl7902; 01-03-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #118  
Rennie

Country
I was wondering the same thing. I post everyday and feel all alone sometimes. Shimmering and a couple of others pop in thank heavens. Is the same on the other threads too. I got so use to talking to people every day Is kind of lonely when people don't come in and chat.

My daughter asked me on new years again if I was still going to quit smoking when I got down to 120. I said yes I am and I might even do it before then. The more healthy I make my body by losing weight the more it is praying on my mind I have to stop smoking. I am afraid of gaining weight back because of it. I have a cig in my mouth all the time if I am not eating, drinking or typing lol. It has to be done. I have decided this, now it is not IF I quit it is WHEN at 120 like I said or before.

You have made some good decisions. The biggest is getting the junk out of the house and filling it with food that is good for you. I love fruit, give me a nice sweet snack that is good for the body.

Shimmering
I love the fat free Pringles potato chips lol. There use to be so many of us. Have no idea where everyone has gone. I think it is a shame, and this might be part of it. People gain weight back and they are gone. We all need support, we all need to acknowledge that we have messed up and move on.

I am sure when I ate a couple dozen sugar cookies it wasn't good for me lol. Thank heavens it didn't effect my weight but still I had to say it, I had to acknowledge it and see what I had done. You can't do that to often and it not mess up the hard work you have done to lose weight. I never really thought about it until I saw it typed out. I was ashamed of myself. Didn't matter if I still lost weight that week. What mattered was I made a really bad decision for my body to eat all those cookies ( not at one time of course lol ). We live, we learn, we move on. Once again, there are NO sugar cookies in the house. See even I mess up from time to time and need to confess. I am not sure I could stick with this if I didn't come in here everyday and chat.

I get private messages from time asking how I never mess up. I don't think those people pay attention to my posts or maybe they just miss the ones where I say I have messed up. ( ok, I don't mess up to often. I want the weight off, I know how I have to do that. Nothing tastes as good as getting healthy feels. ) Well first since my " Rennie " plan allows me to have anything I want. There is no eating something I shouldn't. Second, I tell people of course I eat to much of this or that from time to time. I have such a wide range of calories I allow myself 1200 to 1400 just about anything fits in there. I also allow myself a day a month that I don't care about calories or such. Heck how do you think a person can have a strawberry crepe at Bob Evans ( ok I only had half of it ) if they didn't give them selfs a fun day from time to time. BUT just because you can doesn't mean you should. I mean I could push my husbands ex wife off a bridge lol doesn't mean I should now does it lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 01-03-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:49 AM   #119  
Ready to get serious

YEAH another person! Poor Shy was probably tired of just chatting with me! *LOL*
Hey countrygirl, I am back for good, christmas is over and I need to get back on track, so you will see me in here everyday if possible! Good for you getting back on track, sounds like you are getting serious! We are here for you for when you have trouble keeping on track, you can come in here and vent! And I hear you on the gaining weight but you have nothing on me, I am sad to say I must have gained 8 pounds over the holidays! I mean what the!? I swear I have a week off and gain twice as much as everyone else! *L*
Congrats also on quitting smoking, good luck with that!
Thanks for the ideas but the problem is alot of that yummy healthy snack foods do not come to Canada, when I go to the U.S. there are tonnes of 100 Cal packs and such, here in Canada we have about 5....*LOL*

Shy, it sure went down quickly when everyone vanished Maybe if people see we are talking in here daily they might start coming back. Has anyone heard from Faerie? I was wondering how she is doing.
I like your plan, and it seems to really work for you which is great. I think everyone has their own little healthy eating plan that works for them you just have to try a few things until you get into the grove.
I am so ready to get back to the gym but I know it will be crazy busy as everyone joins a gym for their New Years resolution.....bleh

Have a great day you two!
Old 01-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #120  

Height: 5'2''

Hey everyone,

It's nice to see people talking in here again. My Christmas actually went pretty well- I lost 2 lbs even though I allowed myself to cheat a little.

Shimmeringsun- I understand how crazy the gyms get around this time of the year. The classes I go to at the gym about doubled in size. Although I have found that playing out in the snow is a good way to get a workout without the crowds (minus all the bruises I got from crashing while I was sleding)

I Hope everyone keeps coming here!

Dee
Closed Thread