Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:07 AM   #136  

welcome Dawn! glad you're here!

well ladies, i didn't too bad today. i snacked a bit, but stayed on plan. and i exercised at curves today. tomorrow is my son's b-day party, which means pizza and cake. i have no intentions of not eating pizza and cake. we're going to chucky cheese's, so i know the pizza will be gross but i'm eating it anyway LOL. and i made the cake with egg whites, so it's not quite as bad. i'm not too worried about it though cuz i've done well this week eating and exercising.

Dee good job on not eating any junk at the concert! i've heard that it's common for weight loss to slow down as you get closer to goal. i don't have any experience in that area, but what i've heard is that increasing either the amount or intensity of exercise can help and i have stretch marks too, mostly on my belly. but i don't know what works - i'm afraid to spend money on it if it doesn't work! as for the pedometer, if i were you i would wear it a couple of days and see how many steps you typically take in a day. then try to increase it based on that.

Sherri good to see you back. i'm sure it's really hard to find time to sit at the computer with everything else going on. hang in there. we're all thinking about you and your daughter.

Bev my problem is i'm so impatient. i want to know what size i'll be, what i look like, how my life will change. i hate waiting! but being impatient just makes it harder to start focused and on track. ugh. mmmm chinese. oh that sounds so good right now. i love it, i just have a hard time making a healthy choice and not overeating.

Last edited by countrygirl7902; 01-06-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #137  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

countrygirl
Doing pretty good I see. You enjoy Chuck E Cheese. I remember those days. Oh but nasty pizza lol.

New
I love house fried rice. I haven't had any because I haven't found a place yet that can give me nutritional information on what they sell. Might find a place someday then I will gobble it down lol.

tigger
I am going to get one of those for this summer when we walk the parks all the time. What kind did you get? Does it matter if you pay big bucks or just a few dollars? I gained most of my weight the same way, meds meds and more meds. I have some stretch marks but they are very thin and very light. You can use oils and such to help fade them a bit but nothing really gets rid of them. Mine are all covered with underclothes so I don't worry about them to much. I figure if a two piece bathing suit will cover them, I am not going to worry about them lol. If you find anything that really works let me know. My daughter has some terrible red ones from stretching a lot for tennis.

nrs
I have to have one I can put stuff on the computer lol. If I have to take it to have them made, it will turn out like my expensive 35 mm. Will sit in a drawer with pics years old never developed lol. I don't eat special food either. Just try to get the required amounts of the four basic food groups in and exercise a bit.

Dawn
I am a Dawn too lol. Portion sizes and getting our body's moving really is the way to go. It is something we can do for the rest of our lives.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #138  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Shy, I don't call it a diet either, its a lifestyle change as you said it will have to be something for a lifetime. Yes once I get back to the gym regularly I will love it again and will really enjoy it, I find once you take a bit of time off with exercise its hard to get back in the groove again. Have you ever checked out the website calorie king? It might give you info on chinese food places, but probably only chain resturants. But I know there is all the info on that website.

Lola, see my body type is the oppisite of yours, I gain more in the top and am smaller in the bottom, its hard as I have gone down in pants but it has taken me forever to lose in my upper body, I hate it! I have that lovely apple figure...yuck *LOL* Good luck with that DVD hopefully you will really enjoy it and it will keep you going for awhile! I hope you enjoyed your pizza at chucky cheese and your son had a great b-day party!

Dee good job at the concert, and for losing some weight! You will be walking like crazy with that new pedometer seeing if you can get more steps in each day!

Hi Dawn and welcome!!

Hi Sherri, Happy New Year to you also, sounds like you had a wonderful New years with your daughter at home! Good luck with the Biggest Loser thing at work sounds like it will be some nice money to win at the end!

Bev I have read the best choices for chinese food is the chow mein, so good going! Hope you enjoyed it!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 238.8/230/120

Height: 5'4"

Lola, have a great time at your son's b'day party. One day isn't going to set you back. Maybe have a healthy snack at home so you aren't quite as hungry when you get there. Just a thought.

I absolutely agree with everyone about it not being about a diet, but a lifestyle change. Not to say that you can't lose weight on a diet plan, but it is a bit harder to keep the weight off if limit yourself from a lot of foods. My sister inlaw joined LA Weight Loss back at the beginning of december. Granted she has lost about 15lbs so far, but the way she eats to me doesn't make sense. It is mostly about protein with little carbs and a few fruits and veggies (remind you of Atkins) and next to zero salt. She may reach her goal of 160, but she is going to have to eat like that the rest of her life in order to keep it off. I would fall off the wagon the day after my final weigh in I know it. Maybe I misunderstand the "plan" I don't know, what I do know is that it is really expensive. She paid $1000 just for the plan and has to buy LA Lite bars weekly because she is supposed to eat 2/day. Oh well.

Time to go grab some breakfast. I am having oatmeal today, as I do pretty much everyday. Hit the treadmill after and do some weight training. Haven't done that in a while and I should be doing it more regularly to keep my skin from going flabby once I lose the weight.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #140  

Height: 5'2''

Shy - amazon is having a sale so i bought this one for over 50% off ~$19.45 (hopefully the link will work, if not let me know and i'll send it to you):

amazon.com/gp/product/B000MCD2SS/ref=s9_asin_title_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s= center-1&pf_rd_r=0N5YK2QKMSYWEH1P487X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =278240701&pf_rd_i=507846

It has the best reviews and you can either clip it onto you or you can put it in a bag or your purse and it is still accurate. With my past experience you don't need to buy anything super expensive but if you pay $6, your only getting $6 of value and it will likely break or be innaccurate. So if your going to use it regularly, paying $25 for a pedometer is reasonable.

I have a pear body shape and carry a lot of weight in my hips and thighs, which causes problems because when I find pants that fit my legs, the pants gap in back.

I have a lot of stretch marks on my legs, which won't be hidden by my swimsuit, but Ill try oils and let everyone know.

Thanks everyone for the support! I made one of this weight trackers for my signature so hopefully it works!

Dee
Old 01-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #141  

New i have low sugar instant oatmeal about every weekday, cuz it's more filling than cereal and just as fast. it get kinda old after a while though. sometimes i put raisins in it or something. but i think i need a new breakfast idea.

tigger and shimmering ugh. i hate being a pear. if i could only lipo some fat out of my thunder thighs and insert it into my boobs. then i'd be happy. lol

well i'm off to party it up at chuck e cheese.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #142  
Dawn

S/C/G: 240/195/160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I agree with you all about this being a lifestyle change, I've really been trying to remind myself that this is forever. I think it makes it a little easier too! I don't want to count points or calories for the rest of my life, I want to learn what size portions are healthy and what types of foods I should eat often and then just eat that way. It helps to remind myself that I don't have to carry this silly journal around forever...

I had a bridal consultant at some store once tell me that it takes 10 pounds to lose a dress size. I'm sure that's different for every individual at least it's a guideline.

Happy Monday everyone, and have a great week!

~Dawn
Old 01-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #143  

Finally Ready, I am sure that 10lbs on an average person would be a dress size, but on me I am sure that for now I would need to lose at least 20-25 to go down a size. That is just my estimate, funny that I didn't pay attention to how many pounds I gained to go up a size. lol

My Mom and I are doing this together, and our weigh ins are on mondays. We phone each other and compare notes. I started the friday before so I am a couple of days ahead of her. Long story short is that I am down another 2lbs since friday.

I will try and stick to weighing only on fridays or at least updating my tickers once a week. That was a pain. Is there an easier way to do it than reconfiguring the ticker from scratch and editing the signature? I was just so excited to see another two pound loss that I needed to take note of it.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #144  

Height: 5'2''

Hey everyone!

I think that I have gone down a dress size about every 10-12 pounds. Although gaining muscle can also make a big difference because you can lose inches without losing pounds so I think it really matters whether you are just dieting or dieting with exercise.

Newstart if you go into edit signature and then look at the address it will have 3 numbers in it. My ticker is the weight change one, but if I edit the last number to how many pounds I have lost it changes. Just mess around with the last number till you figure out how to work it.

So I have had a great last two days. For christmas I got new workout videos and I've been doing them everyday. They've been kicking my butt but I already feel more musclular (and I have sore muscles that I didn't even know I had!) Also, last night I played the game Rock Band and played the drums and guitar and had a great time. It's great having a video game thats both fun and active.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Dee
Old 01-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #145  

just stopping to check in real quick. i'm exhausted and don't have the energy to write much. i did ok yesterday despite going to chuck e cheese for the pizza party. problem is that i had a couple of leftover pieces of pizza right before bed. and another one when i got home from work today. oh well. i'm not going to get too upset about it. i'll be better tomorrow.

i got my new yoga video in the mail today and will try it out tonight. good thing too, cuz i didn't have time to work out at curves after work like i planned cuz i had to babysit my nephew.

later Sexy Chicks! keep up the good work!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:48 PM   #146  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Country
Remember in all things, you come first, how you eat and the time you need for working out. You have helped take care of everyone for years. Now is your time.

Tigger
My son wants that rock band. Oh but do I want to hear it lol. I do walking videos Mon - Fri. Aren't they great? I love them, gets me moving.

Changing sizes I guess can depend on the person. I didn't go down a pant size until I had lost about 35lbs. I have gone down another pant size since then.

Newstart
I do a weigh in at the docs office every two weeks. That is when I change my ticker. If I have to be at her office for some reason I will go ahead and do a weight in and change the ticker but thats it. I got a scale for a couple of reasons. One being the biggest looser change that is going to start here on the site pretty quick. We have to do a weekly weigh in. I still won't change my ticker but every two weeks. Weigh fluctuates to much. I can see that I might not lose anything in a week but I lose 2lbs every to weeks.

Shimmering
I have found Chinese food at a few places BUT I don't eat anything unless I know exactly what is in it. If I can't get accurate calories and such from it I don't eat it. That is one of the ways I control what I eat. I have just been making it myself. Fried rice, beef, chicken, pork. I don't like shrimp or crab or lobster in it. Use to pick it out and give it to the kids lol.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:34 AM   #147  
sarah250

S/C/G: 250/246/170

Height: 5'6

so i finaly got a job!!! It feels soooo good
I'm going to be working a Supper Cuts
This wasen't my first chouse but I think this is where I am suposed to be
the people there seem realy nice
Im just soo happy to be working agin
I haven't worked in almost 2 years and it has ben realy hard
I was in school 40 hours a week for almost a year and a half
It was all werth it though Im going to be doing a job I love and thats what counts in the end right
I love doing hair and I senserly care for people and love making someones day
I meen dont you feel great after a day a the salon
belive it or not a good haircut can do so much for someone
when you look good you feel good
when you feel good you do better at work, your nicer to people, and generaly happienes is contajus
I just feel so happy to be able to afect people in hopefully a positive way
Some people dont understand what a hair stylist dose
Its not just cutting someones hair we also become theripist
people tell thier sylist everything, things they dont even tell there friends sometimes
when they get thier hair don its a very personal experienc they get to feel pampered, they get to vent about thier problems and generaly just unwind from all the drama in thier lives. We all need to do that sometimes
So my gole is to be the best hair stielist I can be
Old 01-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #148  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Everyone!

Lola don't worry about having that pizza it was just one little treat, today is a new day!

Dee glad to hear you are enjoying your new workout videos, its always great when you find one you really like, it keeps you going.

Dawn I have heard too about 10 pounds being one size, unfortunately that does not work for me, it took me over 30 pounds to finally go down a size, my damn body keeps a grip on my body fat *LOL*

NewStart Congrats on the two pound weight loss!

Shy making your chinese food at home is probably smarter you like you said you will know what goes in it and it will probably be ALOT healthier!

Well I was back to the gym last night and it was stinking HOT in there, we are having really mild temperatures right now so with no air on at the gym it I was really sweating in 10 mins. The good news was there were empty machines so I didn't have to take anyone out

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #149  
Dawn

S/C/G: 240/195/160

Height: 5'9"

WooooHoooo! Down 5 pounds! I'm sure that it's mostly water weight, since it hasn't even been a week yet and I'm only excercising sporadically at this point, but I'll take it where I can get it!

Congratulations on the new job Sarah!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #150  

Finally Ready, Congrats on the 5lb loss. I am with you, I take it where I can get it. 5lbs is 5lbs. Keep up the good work.

Shimmering, it is miserable when the gym isn't comfortable. Good for you for sticking through it. I hate being too hot.

Salsa, good for you for getting a job. It does feel great to get out. You sound thrilled for the opportunity. I have my own business and I work from home. I have been doing it for about 4 years now, and it was time to get myself a job on the side to get out of the house. It doesn't hurt that it is incredible pay for running a cash register plus it is government so it comes with great benefits.

Shy, you are right that weight fluctuates too much. I may opt for a two week weigh in later on down the road, I am just really excited to see a change right now.

Off to have some breakfast and hit the treadmill. I was going to do weight training yesterday but didn't. Oops

Have a great day everyone.
Closed Thread