Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:23 AM   #91  

Dee - i'm on weightwatchers. i don't pay for meetings, cuz i know myself and i would just skip them all the time. plus i can't afford it. so i got info from the website and a couple of friends who were on it. i count points and follow the health guidelines so i'm getting a balanced diet, but can still have a little bit of the stuff i crave. i mess up periodically, but i try not to beat myself up about that.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 270/270/200

Height: 62 inches

Hi ladies,
Thanks for all your support. I didn't do well this week w/weight loss as we have been going back and forth to the hospital and just grabbing somethig along teh way so I only lost 1 pound. I guess it is better than a gain, I'll take it any way I can. Heather started her chemo Thursday night and has to have continuous infusion for 5 days and then hopefully come home. I want to urge everyone to be tested and get on the National Bone Marrow Registry especially minority groups. Heather's Dr told us there are many white people but very few minority. So this group is despratley needed.
The weather here is getting crappy. It was sleeting this morning and now just snowing. We live in the East coast. Everyone have a good and safe week.
How do I change my tracker?
Sherri

Last edited by nrsldy; 12-16-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #93  

WOW sherri - losing a pound during such a difficult week is incredible! i probably would have gained a couple! i'm so proud of you for hanging in there! 1-2 pounds a week is a healthy loss rate, so you should enjoy your success. when i first started i was losing faster, and then i got frustrated when it slowed to 1-2 pounds a week. i've learned to be happy with only small loses, or even jusr for maintaining and not gaining. it was hard to change that mindset. i've only been maintaining my weight (not on purpose, but just cuz i've been struggling with my eating habits) since thanksgiving. and at this point i'll be happy if i can just get through christmas without gaining.

hang in there! we can do this!!!
Lola
Old 12-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #94  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

nrl
Will keep Heather in my prayers of course. Chemo is no fun that is for sure.

Heck I have only ever lost about 1lb a week from week one. Sure glad 99% of the time I am happy with that lol.

Tigger
I am on the Rennie diet lol. I eat the required amounts of the four basic food groups, or at least I try. Sometimes I can't seem to get in all 6 of the bread and cereal group. I have a very lose set of amounts I allow, 1200 to 1400 calories, 30 to 35 grams fat, 180 to 210 carbs, myself to take in. Sometimes I go over a bit or I can be a bit under. It all averages where I want to be for the week. I don't do without a thing. Make sure I have mountain dew time once or twice a week. If I want something high in fat and carbs today, I plan what I eat around that. I know if I have a treat today I can't have another one. I have to wait for another day to have something else I want.

Countrygirl
Sometimes just maintaining might be a good thing. I have seen a lot of people on this site that say they do that from time to time.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:19 PM   #95  

thanks shy. being on this site has helped me learn that weight loss and healthy living isn't always going to look like that perfect plan i had in my head when i started the process. i had set pretty high expectations for myself. but life isn't perfect and i'm just focusing on each day and trying not to gain a whole ton of the weight back right now! lol
Old 12-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #96  
Rennie

I tend to bring a little ray of sunshine to someone everyday. Today was such a ummm wonderful day lol. We started to get snow. I shoved the drive. We got more snow I shoved the drive we got more snow, I started to shovel the drive but it got to dark to finish. Have a feeling I am going to have 3 to 4 hours shoveling the drive tomorrow lol.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:04 PM   #97  

hi ladies. well, i was sure i hadn't lost an ounce this week cuz of my evening binging. but i actually lost 1 1/2 pounds!!! my scale must be broken LOL

i guess it just shows me that before i started "dieting" in october, i must have been eating a ridiculous amount of food. because even the days now when i eat too much, it has to be less cals than i used to eat because i'm still losing. kinda puts my old eating habits into perspective for me. even the small changes i've made are helping.

where are faerie and shimmering and sarah and the others?
Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #98  

Height: 5'2''

Countrygirl- good job! It's always good to lose weight when you aren't expecting it... a lot better than not losing when you think you are going to. The same happened to me this week- i finally lost 2 pounds and I've eaten icecream (although it was no sugar added) twice. I just keep thinking one meal ahead and hopefully I'll finally reach my goal.

Shy- I used to be addicted to mountain dew! I would drink like 3 cans a day. But one summer I went to visit my relatives in Yugoslavia, where they have no mountain dew or anything resembling it, and when I got back I couldn't drink it without getting headaches. Now I only probably drink one can a month when I have to stay up late writing a paper or studying for a test.

Well I'm off to go read and relax. Good luck everyone on eating healthy these next few days with all of the Christmas temptation!

Dee
Old 12-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #99  
Rennie

tigger
There was a time I would drink at least 6 cans a day. I don't drink the kind with caffeine anymore. If there is no mountain dew, I don't go there lol.

Countrygirl
You are very right. Even when we go over what we allow our selfs, we are generally eating less than we did. At least less fat or carbs or something. I have found the same thing you did. My weigh in is tomorrow. I have been at the highest amounts I allow myself more days than not the last couple of weeks. We shall see how I do. The home scale we bought me says I have lost 2lbs, let us see what the doctors scale says lol.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #100  
Rennie

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, A beautiful day for a neighbor......

What a great day. Did my weigh in, usual 2lb loss for 2 weeks. It is great to know I can eat more than I was letting myself and still lose weight lol.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 270/270/200

Height: 62 inches

It is definately a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I brought my daughter home from the hospital yesterday and she is feeling 100% better. We have to go back every Friday for the next three Fridays for a weekly dose of chemo and then they will do a PET scan to see if the tumor's have shrunk.

Shy: When I used to work at a nursing home I always would have 2-3 diet sodas throughout the 8 hour shift. Wondered why I wouldn't lose any weight? Come to find out diet soda has a lot of sodium. I cut myself down to 1 a day and started drinking water when I would go on break and what a difference it made. Now I usually have an iced tea or water. Thank-you for your prayers. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.

Sherri
Old 12-20-2007, 11:00 PM   #102  
Rennie

nrs
So glad she is feeling better. It is a very trying time I know. Will sure keep her in my prayers. It isn't just physically hard it is mentally hard to. Lots of love, lots of hugs and kisses anything that will stay down. Those things really help get us thru it that have had to go thru it.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #103  
Ready to get serious

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well, I have been very busy with work, getting ready for christmas and such so I haven't been able to come on and see how everyone is doing. I have missed chatting with everyone!

So I am giving you a warning that starting January 2nd you will see me back in here regularly, don't all look so scared people!

I just wanted to quickly come in here and wish everyone a happy, safe and healthy christmas!!
I hope Santa is good to you all!

Take care
Old 12-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #104  

Shimmering! it's so good to have you back! missed you! glad you're doing well. i understand it's busy right now. same goes for me. hopefully there will be more chatter in here after the holidays.

Sherri - good to hear your daughter is home. hope your holiday is wonderful! that goes for everyone...

Merry Christmas, Sexy Chicks!

Last edited by countrygirl7902; 12-22-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #105  
Rennie

Shimmering
Nice to see you back.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.
Closed Thread