Old 07-21-2007, 12:32 PM   #196  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MY FRIEND JUST MADE THIS FOR HER PARENTS AND DROPPED DINNER OFF FOR ME ALSO. SHE TOLD ME TO MAKE SOME PASTA OF MY CHOICE. OF COURSE I HAD TO TASTE A WEE BIT!! YUM!! SHE GOT IT OFF THE TV THIS MORNING AND I JUST FOUND THE WEBSITE AND THE CHICKEN RECIPE. HOW SIMPLE TOO. I WOULD EVEN MAKE IT MYSELF BUT I BETTER WATCH HOW MUCH TOMATOES I EAT FOR AWHILE. HERE'S THE INFO:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ei

Chicken Scallopine with Sage and Fontina Cheese Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
See this recipe on air Monday Jul. 30 at 1:30 PM ET/PT.

6 (4 1/2 to 5 1/2-ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded thin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 sage leaves
3 ounces grated fontina cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, halved
1/2 cup white wine
1 (28-ounce) can whole San Marzano tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Special Equipment: toothpicks

Place the chicken cutlets on a clean work surface, narrow end facing you. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place one sage leaf crosswise on each of the pieces of chicken. Sprinkle each of the pieces of chicken with 1/2 ounce (about 2 tablespoons) of fontina cheese. Roll up the chicken and seal with one or two toothpicks.
Warm the olive oil and halved garlic clove in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken. Brown the chicken on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and remove and discard the garlic. Add the wine and simmer for 2 minutes while scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.

Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes and red pepper flakes in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the tomato mixture to the reduced wine in the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes to let the flavors marry.

Return the chicken to the pan. Simmer the chicken in the tomato sauce for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken over and simmer until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.

Remove the chicken from the pan. Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper. Spoon the tomato sauce onto serving plates or a serving platter. Slice the chicken into 1-inch rounds. Remove the toothpicks. Place the chicken over the sauce and serve immediately.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #197  

((Mel))
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #198  
Happy September

Lightbulb 3fc And Christmas Shopping Idea

I WAS JUST REMINDING MYSELF OF SOMETHING. I REALIZE IT'S A WEE BIT EARLY BUT IF WE'RE GOING TO BUY THINGS ON-LINE FOR XMAS PRESENTS FOR OUR FAMILY OR FRIENDS WE SHOULD REALLY CONSIDER USING LINKS FROM 3FC SO THEY GET CREDIT FOR THE SALE: LIKE AMAZON ETC. I HAVE PUT THIS ON A POST-IT NOTE AND ATTACHED IT TO MY PC SO I DON'T FORGET. IT WILL BE ESPECIALLY GOOD CAUSE I CAN SEND DIRECT TO THE KIDS AND NOT HAVE TO RE-POST IT AFTER I GET IT. GOING TO SIMPLIFY THIS YEAR. MAKE MY HOLIDAYS EASIER. JUST A THOUGHT
Old 07-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #199  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi girls (and to Mel who's on right now). Still no internet service at home. It's 2pm on Saturday and I am at the office trying to catch up with work. Made DH come with me because this office is not in the best part of town and I'm not comfortable being here (mostly) alone.

I just literally breezed through the posts. Didn't catch much except Mel's eating some good chicken and Happy Belated Birthday to Holly! Hope you had a wonderful dish free day. And maybe the rest of the household surprised you for a change?

Ok, can't stay. I'm supposed to be working and neither I nor DH wish to sit in the office here any longer than the minimum necessary.

Love to the chicks. I hope they can find and fix the cable problem by Wednesday. No TV, No Internet - this is getting boring since last Tuesday. Not even any good movies to rent - at least the few we wanted to see weren't in stock.

Have a good weekend
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:03 PM   #200  

CJ: hope friends/family/schedule are on the mend.
Mel: I don't care about G. de Laurentis' recipes, I'd just like her FIGURE.
Holly: belated birthday greetings.
Happy and Ruth: Hope your electronix stuff gets straightened out with no cash outlay. And Ruth, a special hug for your precious pooch.

I'm taking a figure drawing class. DH won't let me practice drawing him... and our cat is brown with browner stripes. Next cat I get will have to be LIGHT COLORED so I can see where her lumps and bumps are! Plus she tends to hide (see below!)

Today was OK food wise. The stickers are still a necessity (juvenile motivation rah rah rah

I was unceremoniously awakened by the Police Department awaking me (I'm on call this weekend) and needing me to console/help a woman who's husband died in his sleep last night. She, her daughter and their gorgeous golden labrador retriever were doing way better than I anticipated. She doesn't know it, but I'm adding this woman to my role model list. Sad and in shock, yes, but also spry, slim, sharp at 77 (had pretty silk pj's on when I first got there.)

I went to the gym on the way home. (Had some anger that such a difficult thing happened to such a neat family.) Am now VERY sore! Serves me right, because I skipped the gym since Monday.

Ran errands a bit, came home in time to meet the "squirrel trapper." He says the squirrels (or possibly RATS.... YUCK) were definitely IN THE ATTIC. They prefer the insulation in the corners and take it outside to their "real" nest he says. YUCK YUCK. I'm so glad we were "only" a brief stop over and supply station.

Had dinner out then went to Half Price books. Found an anatomy/drawing reference and novels that I'd missed... (by Elizabeth Adler) I should be able to read myself (rather than feed myself) to sleep for at least this week.

Hope I don't get called out in the middle of the night tonight... and that all of you have a good remainder of the weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Puppy in blinds 2 smaller .jpg (73.0 KB, 3 views)
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:05 AM   #201  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Holly - Happy Birthday. Hope it is or was happy and bountiful. Glad to hear the kids were good at the gala.

Mel - poor tummy, poor Mel. Hope that all fixes itself very shortly. I still haven't got back to your J yet. I will do so when I settle down here. If I ever get to settle down.

Happy is here and gone with the office computer. Ruth is having problems with hers oh what a fun life we lead.

Painter - it doesn't matter what motivates you to go to the gym, just do it. And if you are sore from yesterday, then do it all again today. I know it sounds funny, but the movement will take away a lot of the soreness. I promise it does. You just have to have the courage to get up there and do it.

Haven't got much time here. I'm at an Intenet cafe. The one at the hotel is very expensive $8 per hour. This will cost me $3 for 40 minutes. Bargain.
I know I have the new apartment. Just waiting for comfirmation that I can get into it tomorrow. Perth works slowly on a Sunday. The shops don't even open until midday for heavens sake. And it is wet and windy.
I book out of this hotel on Monday morning. Hope the money and the apartment comes through - otherwise I'm under a bridge or in a watch house somewhere. Keep all fingers crossed please.

I've been promoted at work as well. Meet the new team lead. This means I have to keep the others up to speed (and I have a new chick to mentor) and get the required results. Witches hat coming out of the closet. I think they are aware of the broomstick already parked in the corner.

Anyway, that is about it from a wet, windy and fairly cold Perth. On the upside, I think I may have walked off the holiday weight and my fairly new stretch jeans are about to fall off the hips. I need a belt to hold them up now. Haven't weighed or measured here yet. On the downside, I have to think about a flight home to pick up some stuff I left behind because of weight etc. Boring!!!!! and expensive. But that's it. I'll be back. Good luck to all of us with challenges and challenging each other. I think that's why Carla went to the lake so we couldn't spy on her!!!!

See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #202  
Happy September

Default Jumping Jumanji...it's Sunday Already!!!!

SHAD IT'S BETTER TO BE A WITCH THAN A BIOTCH! HOPE THE APT AND $$ COME THRU. IF NOT I CAN SEND THE AIRMATTRESS AS SOON AS THE KIDS GET OFF IT! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RAISE IN POWER.....DON'T LET IT GO TO YOUR HEAD AND START HURTING PEOPLE!

PAINTER I WOULD LOVE TO LOOK LIKE HER! I ALSO LOVE HER MANNER. SUCH A LADY. HAD A GIGGLE AT THE DH VS POSING AS A MODEL!! MAYBE I SHOULD ADD THAT LADY ALSO TO A LIST OF MENTORS. LATELY THERE AREN'T MANY ON MY LIST! SEND THE TRAPPER HERE....WE HAVE SOME WILD MICKEY'S RUNNING AROUND IN THE LOBBY! I TOLD THE SENIORS WE SHOULD GET CAGES AND KEEP THEM AS PETS!! THEY WERE NOT AMUSED

HAPPY~ SO SORRY YOU AND DH HAD TO GO TO WORK ON THE WEEKEND. NOT A VERY NICE WEEKEND FOR EITHER OF YOU. HOPE TODAY IS BETTER AND YOU GET TO HAVE A LIE IN! I WILL REST ALL DAY JUST FOR YOU! HOPE YOUR JOB CALMS DOWN!!

TRUTH TELL THAT MY EYES ARE NOT YET 100% BUT I AM NOT ON THAT LIST OF "DON'TS" 100% EITHER. IT IS A TOUGH ROAD LET ME TELL YOU. I FIND THE LESS I TALK ABOUT IT THE BETTER I AM. SO I HAVE TOLD NO ONE HERE EXCEPT WILLY AND A FRIEND. FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN'T SEEM TO STOP SMOKING, HE IS VERY SUPPORTIVE TO THE POINT OF BEING PUSHY WITH ME!!
MAYBE HIS LECTURES WILL HELP.....WHO KNOWS.
I AM HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THOUGH.
LEAVING THE WINDOWS CLOSED TODAY. BEING OUTSIDE AFFECTED THE EYES. I MIGHT GO TO THE MALL TOMORROW. I'LL SEE WHO THE MALL DRIVER WILL BE.
MISSING WILLY ALREADY!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY
Old 07-22-2007, 03:46 PM   #203  
Happy September

155 days, 9 hours, 17 minutes and 25 seconds
Old 07-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Holly--Happy birthday. Best wishes (((hugs)))

Mel--Hope you are feeling much better today. ((hugs))

Shad--Fingers crossed that you have and are in the apartment.

PW Have you done a self protrait?

Happy, Carla, Meadow and the rest. Have a good day

Every one stay on plan.

We started our 8 hour shifts today and I can really tell a difference. Wish we could stay on them.

I think I'm just going to count calories, fat grams and cholesterol from now on. I'm stressing again over the whole thing but there is something at work which may have a bearing on things.

I have sat here and munched on a jar of almonds. Move over Mel I'll be joining you in the bathroom.

I'm going to tackle some cleaning, and get lunch prepared for tomorrow. Breakfast is waiting for me in the fridge at work.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #205  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Tell me you are kidding me Mel - didn't you leave a 0 off that number. Isn't it 1055 or 1550 days to ho ho ho??

Nothing much happening here. I struggled in with my luggage this morning. Got it in here okay, now got to get it out when the time is right. As previously stated, I may be sleeping here tonight! Will be onto the Rental Agency asap this morning. Meantime I have to try and pull this team together and see what gives. 3 meetings to go to - hopefully they all do a Queen Vic on me - ie. don't provide chairs. It goes faster if the 'guests' have to stand up!!
New trainer starting today. Probably have to get him into shape and up to speed as well - but he is a Kiwi so it won't take that long he will probably have two black eyes and a couple of broken ribs because he went out to the pub to watch the footy on Saturday (NZ played Aust and NZ won).

Actually Mel, after I printed out the recipe you posted, I realised that it was very similar to a dish that I thought I had invented myself - I roll fresh basil and slices of whatever cheese I have in the fridge in boned chicken thighs and then brown them and a clove of garlic lightly and tip in a can of tomatoes and some black pepper. DB2 likes that one and it is simple and easy. Served with chips and a salad or without the chips, it makes a good easy meal.

Weather has turned out dirty again this morning. I guess it is winter and I just have to put up with it. It goes from being cold to mild and I need to get out some jackets to cope with it. These have been hiding in the wardrobe for years and are probably well out of fashion. Who cares, just hope they fit!

Ceejay - see you just snuck in while I wasn't watching (actually I was checking out the million dollar view out the window). Watch those calories. Nuts are expensive in the calorie field. Concentrate on the healthy and forget the faddy bits and pieces. Hope all the heart tests were healthy ones.

Ruth - hope the BIL show went well and got the audience it deserved. I loved some of his paintings and should have got you to put some money on one of them for me. (Then you could have carried it across the world) Does he have a website of his collection?

Okay, I'd better go get emotionally prepared for the day and the week. Also check out some hotels in case I can't get into the apartment today. Bah! No negative thoughts allowed on this Monday. All will be fine. The are with me!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #206  

Well, just a few days off-line, and there's simply no way to catch up properly. But I'll try.

Holly

Mel, sorry you were sick. Hope you lost lots and lots of nasty pounds down that drain! Of course it sounds like your appetite's back...

Painter, good for you getting back to the gym. Always a good idea.

Happy, I hope you've got your electronics back. You may be forced to go for a swim instead of writing to us.

Ceejay, I'm with you - a limited number of calories and a balanced diet, and you'll see results.

Shad, who knew that taking a beginner's class in teaching adults would shoot you up to big boss status! Good luck getting into the apartment asap!

Madcat,

Ruth, I'm contemplating zipping down to Delta next Sunday for a visit to the fair - maybe the pet show and the bbq. Any chance you'll be around and interested in company?

My cottage visit was rather damp - we had torrential rains and cool temps. There was a quick swim the first night, then nada. Lots of watching old movies on DVD's and chat. Rather too much wine but proper eating apart from that.
Tomorrow is pilates class again. (yawn) No sign of joining a gym yet, but if it's hot maybe I'll head to the beach at the local lake for a swim. A nice hike first would be great, but the foot's acting up. Grrr. Maybe a bike ride instead...
Today was not a good challenge day. First, two glasses of wine, which were supposed to be a except for cottage visits. But the real problem was the visit to DQ. I was abducted by aliens who drove my car there and forced me to eat a large that they've been advertising very heavily on tv. It really wasn't worth the calories, but fearing extraterrestrial consequences I soldiered on and finished most of it. Checked later on the net, and even with what I tossed, I still had about 700cal worth. I won't be doing that again!

Anyway, back on track as of tomorrow morning. There'll be no weight loss this week, but with any luck no gain. My goals: down to 175 by Labour Day; down to 160 by Christmas. I'm really enjoying fitting into some of the clothes I haven't worn in two years, and there are still lots waiting for me!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:29 AM   #207  

Shad-et al, thanks for the encouragement to get to the gym. You are SO right. And I NEED to figure out how to go no less than every other day. Every day is best. Today I am SO stiff. (Worked hard yesterday, and gym is closed today.... even with post-exercise stretching, my ankles and knees practically seized up. Makes me walk like I'm a hundred and ten (years not pounds!!))

The squirrel trap our Chimney people put out wasn't there more than 24 hours before it bagged a squirrel. (It's a non injury trap) -- and the man came out (on a Sunday -- not cheap!!) to take the squirrel AT LEAST 10 miles away so he doesn't find us again. They are, apparently creatures of habit With tough teeth. these squirrels have now cost more than $600 in repairs/defensive strategies. (Better than shorted out electrical wires, or rodents IN the residence.) The service men also say that we should try to trap at least 2 squirrels if we want to "interrupt the pattern."
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:43 AM   #208  

Morning All!!

Whew, what a weekend. Great weekend but very busy. I have 2 extra kids here that stayed last night.Hubby's cousin and son were here for dinner and the evening last night too.

Saturday night ended up being quiet, which was nice. I was in bed by 10pm.A few friends stopped in but left early. We spent much of the weekend at the park in the village for Gala Days. Kids had a fabulous time. Hubby did too. He has been so < dare I say< happy. I just assume I am doing everything alone with the kids and then he speaks up and want to join us. Very nice. The boys did great in the 4 on 4 road hockey tournament yesterday. DD was very upset that I did not have a birthday cake. After the tourney yesterday I went for groceries and picked up a small cake. All is right now in the world.

Much puttering to do today. I need to un and reload the dishwasher before I feed these monkeys. I have Avon orders to get out. I also need to figure out how to make a photo album and post a link. I do have photobucket but it is completely different now and I cant see how to use it.

yawn.

HUGS!!
PS- i bought a digital camera for my bday/wedding anniversary. Yippee!!!
pps- I haven't eaten many veggies for my challenge. Picked some up yesterday, will do better today.
PW- I need to up the exercise too.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #209  
Happy September

HOLLY EAT THOSE VEGGIES

PW~ JUST THINK HOW MUCH EASIER IT WOULD BE ON YOUR POOR BOD IF YOU DID IT REGULARLY!
I AM THINKING THIS IS GOING TO BE OUR YEAR TO LEARN A LOT ABOUT OURSELVES. I HAVE DONE A LOT OF THINKING AND LISTENING WHEN YOU SPEAK!
THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD SHOULD BE ALL ABOUT....TAKING THE TIME OUT OF OUR BUSY LIVES AND ENCOURAGING EACH OTHER. LORD KNOWS I HAVE LEARNED A LOT FROM YOU...BECAUSE YOU TOOK THAT TIME.

CARLA~ BACK! GLAD THE VISIT WAS SO NICE. YOU CAN WORK OFF THE DQ!!! DID IT HAVE COFFEE IN IT??? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW.
HOPE THE KITTIES WELCOMED YOU BACK!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERREN';T SO BAD AFTER ALL!

SHAD~ LORD I HOPE YOU HAVE A "HOME" TO GO TO AND ARE IN YOIU BED SLEEPING RIGHT NOW!!!
I'D HAT TO THINK YOU WERE SLEEPING NON THE CLASSROOM FLOOR!! NASTY WEATHER OVER HERE TODAY TOO. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW CLASS

CEEJAY~ HOW DID IT GO WITH THE ALMONDS? TOO MUCH ROUGHAGE?? TOO MANY CALORIES!!
I SAVED YOU A SEAT IN THE LOO JUST IN CASE! GLAD YOU ARE WORKING SOME MORE NORMAL HOURS!!

TODAY IS 63 AND AFTER ALL THE HEAT IT FEELS LIKE FALL FOR REAL NOW!! BUT IT'S ONLY FOR ONE DAY THEY SAID. IT'S POURING OUT BUT THE DESTRUCTOS HAVE FOUND SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE BIG CRANE ANYWAY. POOR SODS ARE SOAKED. BUT I BET THEY GET BIG BUCKS TO BE THAT WET!!
NO MALL FOR ME. JUST TOO MUCH RAIN AND NO BREAK TO GET ON AND OFF THE BUS DRY. AND ROLLING THUNDER
I EMPTIED & MOVED THE CEDAR CHEST INTO THE BEDROOM. SORTED AND TOSSED AND REFILLED IT AGAIN. NOW ALL THE CHAIRS HAVE A CORNER OF THE ROOM AND I HAVE MORE FLOOR SPACE. FEELS LESS CONFINING.
THE SCALE WAS VERY GOOD TO ME AND I AM NOW 184.5 ONCE AGAIN. WONDER HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE PASSED THIS NUMBER GOING UP AND DOWN IN THE LAST 3 YEARS SO IT'S A GOOD DAY TODAY FOR ME
HAPPY MONDAY AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #210  
Happy September

KAURANGI~(SHAD)....I ALMOST FORGOT!! I WENT DOWN LAST NIGHT TO CHECK ON A SMOKE ALARM THAT WENT OFF AND DECIDED TO GET SATURDAYS MAIL....I AM SO EXCITED!! THANKS SO MUCH!! I WILL LOAD IT TODAY AND TEST DRIVE THE SCREENSAVER! THE TINY PICS ON THE COVER ARE GORGEOUS AS MUCH AS I CAN SEE! THE ENVELOPE WAS ADORABLE AND THE CARD TOO. MORE BOOKCASE STUFF. I AM GOING TO GET A BULLETINBOARD FOR ONE OF THE WALLS....JUST FOR 3FC STUFF.
SENDING MANY :hugs: YOUR WAY!!!
LOVE, PORANGI

PS~ THE PICS ARE DOWNLOADED AND GORGEOUS!! I LOVE THEM. THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN!! BTW, BOTH CHICKEN RECIPES ARE LIKE CORDON BLEU WITH LITTLE DIFFERENCES. YOURS REMINDED ME I CAN HAVE A LOT OF TASTE WITHOUT ADDING TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING....AND HAVE VARIETY TOO. GOODY GOODY!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-23-2007 at 01:07 PM.