Old 07-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just popping in to say hello.

I do get one day off tomorrow. I'm going to enjoy it in peace.
Carla--we're still filling in for a co worker.

Happy--(hugs)
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:01 PM   #242  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ceejay - enjoy your day off. You are always so busy - I think it's time for a "Ceejay" day. Congrats fitting into the size 14 jeans!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:12 AM   #243  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I POSTED LAST NIGHT BUT GUESS IT GOT LOST IN CYBERSPACE.............

CEEJAY~ ENJOPY THE DAY OFF AND CONGRATULATIONS ON THE JEANS!! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

HELLLLLOOOO HAPPY! ENJOY SOME TIME OFF AND REST UP!!

IT WILL BE INDOOR SPORTS FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. RAIN AND THUNDER ON THE HORIZON. THE GROUND BEHIND ME IS JUST ABOUT LEVELED. ON SMALL PIEC OF THE BLDG AWAITS THE TELEPHONE COMPANY TO GET THEIR SUPPORT LINES IN PLACE SOMEWHERE ELSE. IT'S HOLDING UP A POLE AND A BIG TRANSFORMER...CRASH!
NOTHING NEW HERE. SPENT TIME WITH JEN OF THE PHONE, IN THE OFFICE WITH MY FRIEND AND THEN A QUIET EVENING WITH THE GRANDSON.
HAPPY SATURDAY AND ENJOY YOUR WEEKENDS EVERYONE
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #244  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Sounds like it might be a quiet weekend here at 3FC.

I told DH to wake me up at 7:30 (ugh) because I am a slow morning mover and we have some things to do. I am sipping coffee and trying to wake up. We're planning on doing some landscaping in the front yard and need to go look at and decide on stone for the low border wall. We also need to replace our front door before winter is here. The current door is an antique door but it is warped enough to let outside air in - not very efficient. Since we will be right by the farmer's market I want to make a stop over there too. It's warming up out here and I'm hoping to get a spin in the pool in the afternoon. My car is begging for a good wash and I am trying to ignore that the patio needs a good sweeping And then there is the usual cooking and cleaning and weekend stuff. So those are my plans.

Mel, are they going to put a new building up in place of the old one? Indoor sports, eh? Have fun! Crossing my fingers that the stubborn rosacea goes back into hiding again

Hope you're having a peaceful day Ceejay.

Carla - congrats on being half way through your weight loss journey. That's fabulous! Dig deep to stick with it. So much better to be halfway there then to look up and realize you're 15 pounds bigger than last year which can happen if you lose your drive. I'll chase everyone off so that you can focus on yourself. I guess tho as you say, we have to live in a world with people and learn to tackfully ignore them leading us down a bad path and stick to our program. I do see people like that at work - they ignore the birthday cakes or occasional free nibblies. One thing I'm happy about with the new job is no birthday cake. Where I came from they had 2 monthly celebrations - one for our big team and another for everyone on the floor we were on. It was considered impolite not to show up. And they had gooey cakes and equally gooey full of all sorts of stuff ice cream. Glad to be away from that!

Well DH is asking me "WHEN will you be ready (to go)" so I'd better finish the coffee and hop in the shower.

Enjoy your weekend ladies...
Old 07-28-2007, 03:01 PM   #245  
Happy September

SOME A'S FOR US TO PONDER OVER THE WEEKEND. AUGUST IS APPROACHING QUICKLY

AMARNA - ANCIENT CITY OF AKHETATEN
AUSTRIA
ALBANIA
ATHENS
ALASKA
AFRICAN SAFARI
ATLANTIS FANTASY
ANTARCTIC
AFGHANISTAN
ARMENIA
ARGENTINA
ARUBA
ANTIGUA
ANDORRA
ALPS
ANGOLA
ALGERIA
AMAZON
Old 07-28-2007, 03:35 PM   #246  

I'm voting for Alaska. This is on my list of places to see in real life.

It a very quite day in the neighbor hood. I'm still exhausted. Went to Blytheville to the Walmart super center. Bought, fresh blueberries, yellow crooked neck squash, plums, bell pepper, onions and some personal things. I just needed to get out of the house for a while.

Talked to my sister who lives in Missouri. We have planned the week end of August 9 for me to go for a visit. She is working on the week ends now. I really wish I could take some time off during the week. I have a dentist appointment on the 9th that I could rescheduled once again and take Wednesday off. I'll just need to talk to Bud. I don't want to work him enough to have a relapse right after her returns from sick leave. I'm thinking out loud here.

I need to put some stuff in the shed so I'd better get busy.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:36 AM   #247  
Happy September

WELL CEEJAY YOU GO RIGHT ON THINKING OUTLOUD! HOPE YOU GET THE TIME OFF. SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO WHILE YOU'RE EATING THE BLUEBERRIES!! CROOK-NECK SQUASH! I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM IN YEARS!! YUM!

MORE DREARY WEATHER AND NOW I AM READY TO FALL ASLEEP WITH THE SENIORS. ROFL AN ALARM WENT OFF ALREADY AND I FIXED THAT......BUT SOMEONE RANG MY DOORBELL AT 5:30-ISH AND LEFT BEFORE I COULD GET TO THE DOOR. I HATE THAT I DOZED OFF A BIT ONCE I GOT BACK IN. NO AGENDA TODAY. NOTHING NEW.
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY
Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 AM   #248  
Happy September

PS~ MAYBE WE COULD ALL HOP A CRUISE SHIP AND HEAD TO ALASKA!! WE'LL COOL OFF THERE AND SEE SOME ESKIMO DANCING!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-29-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #249  

just a quicky meal went well ,im now the mother of an 18year old {i swear i got 50 grey hairs over night}and unfortunatly i have now realised im very over weight again my trousers that were huge now fit again??? but since i chucked the scales in the bucket at a low point i dont know by how much
back tomorrow
love kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #250  

Hello Mel and Kirsty.

I'm a little peeved this morning. Let's just say the boss has some explaining to do tomorrow. Men are such big babies.

I've completed my 20 minute walk this morning burning 260 calories using my new heart rate monitor. I'm liking this better than my pedometer. I'm going to do my work out as soon as I hear from Brandon who is out on a sewer call.

more later.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #251  
Choose your hard

Sewer call? Well that has an interesting ring to it. Sort of ... Oops, sounds like someone needs to employ the duck and cover when they run into Miss Ceejay tomorrow.

Glad you party went well Linus. The gray hairs do multiply steadily, but they seem to get thinner too. Unless you have a really thick head of hair, then you're left with gray wires

Gorgeous pic of the whales Mel. I was leaning to vote for Alaska too except some of the chicks are sissies umm (did I say that ) I mean not too fond of the cold Although this is summer up that way. Just saw a piece on the weather channel about doing hot air balloon rides at midnight in the town of Fairbanks. It's 78 degrees now - whoo hoo it's summer. I'm sure by the end of August it will be getting quite chilly. And speaking of the weather - stay safe and dry Miss Mel. I see there are some huge thunder boomers out your way. Keep the grandson calm

Yesterday we found some stone for the front yard, had to come back to measure. Think I'll lose an ounce of two from carrying 4,000 pounds of rocks back and forth across the yard? Stopped at the farmer's market - got some fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, red and green bell peppers, cantelope, blueberries, potatoes and corn on the cob. Last night we cooked up some chicken on the grill with cucumber and tomato salad and some roasted corn on the cob. Yum yum yum yum yum. The peaches I bought last week are nice and ripe so today we had steel cut oats with sliced fresh peaches, blueberries and chopped pecans. It was delicious but the carby stuff always leaves me feeling hungry an hour later. My meals need to be protein based to satisfy.

Looks like we are going to get a bit of rain ourselves so I have to hurry if I want to get a swim in the pool. I actually swam laps yesterday. Told myself I have to start really pushing myself in the exercise department. At first it seemed impossible but I would do a lap with one stroke, then switch to another on the next lap. My goal was to swim 10 laps without a break. I did it.

So that's about it for now. Have a restful Sunday ladies.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #252  
Happy September

WHAT???SEWER CALL?? HOPE YOU'RE NOT PEEVED TOMORROW CEEJAY! GOOD CALORIE BURNING BY THE WAY!! AT LEAST SOMETHING IS GOING RIGHT!!

HAPPY~ THC CHICKEN DINNER SOUNDED DELISH!! YUM! THAT WAS SOME EXERCISE YOU GOT TOO SWIMMING THE LAPS! WTG!! TOO BAD I ACN'T HELP WITH THE FOCKS...WE COULD GET A WAGON AND HITCH IT TO THE BACK OF MY CHAIR. ONE OF MY CHAIRS IS LIKE A TONKA TRUCK!! POWERFUL!!! IT CAN RUN OVER THINGS MUCH BIGGER THAN JUST SENIOR CITIZEN FEET!! IT Ecan VEN RUNS OVER BODIES!!

LINUS~ GLAD THE PARTY WENT WELL AND YOU BETTER GET ON THE BANDWAGON LADY

IT'S BEEN A DAY FULL OF E-MAILS AND NONE PLEASANT. I WILL EXPLAIN IT ALL AS IT UNRAVELS. SEEMS SOMEONE BORROWED MONEY FROM ONE OF THE TENANTS AND HASN'T PAID. THE TENANT IS IN THE NURSING HOME AND HER DD, THE LAWYER, IS ON A HEAD HUNT. SHE THOUGHT IT WAS MY DD!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE JUST ABOUT NOT SPEAKING TO EACH OTHER NOW. I AM INVESTIGATING AND HAVE FOUND ONE DEFINITE SUSPECT AND ANOTHER POSSIBLE SEEMS MOM WAS LENDING MONEY OUT TO ANYONE WITH A SOB STORY!!! I CANNOT WAIT TILL THIS EFFING DAY IS OVER. LAST E-MAIL WAS AN APOLOGY....SO SORRY TO HAVE UPSET YOU. I WANTED TO E-MAIL BACK FU!!!!
BETTER GO AND TRY AND EAT SOMETHING BUT NOT SURE I CAN SWALLOW IT. THAT'S ONE WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT!! LOL HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #253  

Sewer calls and stolen money allegations... does not sound like a great Saturday for most of the world travelers.
DH with a little help from me, completely cleaned the pantry. We'd had an abundance (i.e., more than 3) little moths which were apparently using the wheaties or flour or SOMETHING as a nesting area. Yuck. Everything not stored in plastic and airtight got thrown out. The old shelf-paper went... and now we have new faux marble shelf paper and everything is organized and spiffy.

But I'm worrying about the fact that a left over "dimple" from my lumpectomy is feeling different. Will call oncologist and see if HE can tell me what's what, or whether I need an "extra" mammogram this year. I HATE BEING SCARED.

It also makes me yearn for cookies, jamoch almond fudge ice cream, or even "just" a gin and tonic. Maybe a nap. Or a walk.

Aruba sounds nice. Though I won't be in a bikini, trust me.
TTFN.

Last edited by PainterWoman; 07-29-2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: added content
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 PM   #254  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm happy with Alaska. I've just bought a selection of Antarctic type gear to keep me warm and dry. I've had it with the grey Perth weather and persistent showers. Just hope that some day it will warm up enough for me to emerge from this cocoon of layers. I should emerge slim and shiny and all pumped up - yeah right.
Austria is nice this time of year too. We could shack up in the Mad Kings castle again. Remember when we went to Neuschwanstein?

Kirsty - glad the party went okay. Now it is time for you to get into Carla's sort of challenge. We all have to challenge ourselves to do something - give up something - lose something. I forget if there were any rules.

Carla - so sorry to hear that the beautiful lake is going the way of many other waterways and is becoming polluted thanks to a bunch of idiots who must have all the mod cons and use them constantly. It sucks. That lake looked so beautiful and had so many things going for it. I was going over the photos yesterday.

Happy - good on you for that swimming. It's one thing that gets your lungs back into shape after the dreaded weed. Keep up with the 10 laps each day as possible, you will soon find 20 laps are doable and then 30. Then we will put you in the swimteam. Swimming and water aerobics are also great for dicky knees and bad backs etc.

Mel - That building should be called Peyton Place - full of intrigue and scandalmongering. Fancy accusing people without evidence and her a lawyer at that.

Painter - get that scar looked at now. I can understand you being scared, but you have noticed a difference which is good.

Ceejay - calm down and breathe! It will all come out in the wash I am sure. Did the Sewer call Brandon? or did someone complain and that meant he had to go out there?

As you know I'm doing a challenge with Patti from another thread to lose 2kg for the month. Start exercise as from today and eat right again. Well, since I haven't yet managed to find a gym and it is too bloody cold and wet to go for a run, I bought some DVD's yesterday on my wander in the city. So I have the dvds, set the alarm clock, got up after a lot of self talk, shifted the furniture and then couldn't get the DVD to work. Can't seem to find out how to get it from the player to the screen. So for 3/4hr I sat on the carpet reading the manual and trying to sort it out. Should have gone and found a five year old - they would get it better than me. Blah! I still have today's exercise to look forward to. Why can't these manufacturers make things easy. I would have thought since everything was set up, all I had to do was to switch the tv to AV1 and then press play on the dvd player. Nothing so simple apparently.

That's my moan for the day. I don't have much in the way of problems to moan about do I?

Gotta go. Time to work.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #255  

Shad--I'm sure you will figure out the dvd player. Stay warm.

Happy--Dinner sounds good. I love fresh produce. A swim in the pool sound nice.

Pw. Want to come and clean out my pantry? Hope things go well at the oncologist.

Mel--Hope the allogations are soon resolved.

I've had a couple of no no's after I got home from work. I ate my planned dinner to early and was hungry again by 5.30 p.m. Tomorrow I'm planning on having some pop corn by 7 p.m.

Some one called about a sewer problem this morning. It's routine procedure that I call out the stand by person which happened to be Brandon this time. It was on a city main so he had to clean it out. Brandon and Tim are both gripeing about working overtime. Poor babies don't get enough rest. They are both having 20 hours overtime while I'm with 43 hours overtime. AND they say they are tired. Ba hum bug. Sorry, it's just aggravates me.

It's bed time again. Night Night.