Old 07-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The extent of the long hours and for some reason I’m the dumping ground when another co-worker wants to vent. I'm tired. I’ve always told myself that I would have made a good pyhchologist. I do like working the eight hour shifts. I have time to go home just sit and relax (mainly rid the pumps and motors out of my head) for a few hours then prepare dinner. I like keeping things simple. I use the 1 fruit, 1 veggie, 1 grain, 1 meat, 1 starch method. This is what we were taught in home economics 40 something years ago. Boy that makes me feel old. South beach is very similar to this.

I’m using the pedomter as exercise. Yesterday I had 7800 steps. I still need to goto the gym but I just don’t push it right now. I will after Bud come sback to work.

My aunt called me last night to check on things. There’s been a lot of deaths in Paragould lately and some of the people were younger than me. Then she told me that Whitney, her grandaughter, had to have a root canal at the age of 9. I think part of this is due to her being diabetic.

I’m going to have to make myself go to the doctor after work one day next week. I’ve used my last rx for the thyroid meds.

Happy-glad to see you again. It would be a good possiblity that the lawncare person ran over it, or perhaps those pesky little squirrel's chewed it into. You should not have have had to wait 8 day's for service. I wold have called every day to remind them.

Linus and PW- I fully understand about the time.

Mel, Holly, Carla, Shad hello.

More later
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #227  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I'm sitting here on the 17th floor watching a glorious sunrise. That does not mean it has stopped raining It just means it has given up for the time being. More showers today and rain tomorrow according to the forecasts. Reminds me of the 'Letter from an Irish Mother to her Son'. 'quote' It's only rained twice this week, once for three days and the other for four' 'end quote'. There's a lot more to the letter but that fits today.

I'm looking at gyms again. I believe there is one here in this building for the employees. I may have to look into that. If it is free, so much the better. I'll ask the 'oracle' (young English guy from Stonehenge) who is the font of all knowledge of where things are to be found, how to get them, who to get them from, where to get the best price, etc.etc.etc. A very handy person to know.

Slowly starting to get food etc into the apartment. I've not yet discovered and iron or ironing board. I'm sure there is one somewhere. Some pants don't look worthwhile putting on unless they are ironed. I've met up with a couple of the neighbours as well - they are all about half my age, but who cares. I just need knowledge about the place - like where to put the rubbish, what days the bins are emptied, what happens on weekends around the joint etc.etc.etc.

Painter - just post when and where you can. We do like it when people acknowledge our existence and problems, however I can really relate to the time issues and the justice issues. I make a point of replying early in the morning just so as it gets done. That means I can get the gripes out of the way before the rest of hordes arrive and my day starts to go downhill. Do what you can. Somedays you will be the pillar for the pidgeons, other days you get a chance to be the pidgeon. It all works out in the end. Holly often just comes in and waves. We can live with it.
Sorry to hear of a looming cash crisis. There is a psychologist coming here this week to assess the state of mind - or at least lecture us on self assessment. Groote had two that came once a month. Sometimes I wondered who needed the therapy most.

Mel - thanks for posting the link. I've been putting the Butchart gardens ones onto my portable drive but I'm not sure I can load them from here. I may have to take them home next weekend and do it them. Yes I am going home next weekend, there are some things I need to bring over. I'm also going back at the end of the month of August for nieces 18th birthday party. So you should get to see some more by the end of the August. Perhaps even all of them. Hope they look as good as the screen savers.

Happy - good to see you back again. Doesn't it make you grumble when it could have been so easily fixed if only someone knew what he was doing!!! Make sure that DH finds the local office as well as writing the @#$% letter.

Carla - bad girl. Back on the wagon. Life can't be all fun darn it.

I see Ceejay has sneaked in when I wasn't looking. We often seem to post close together.

Anyway, the day has started here in asylum. I'd better go get ready for a tantrum or two (mine) and see if I can achieve something today.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:08 AM   #228  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi chicks,

A short post before I head off to bed. These long (work) days are starting to get to me. Come home, eat too late, perhaps read a bit and then off to bed.

Got some bad news today from Mom. Her sister - a favorite aunt of mine was diagnosed with lung cancer a while back. She doesn't deal with medical issues well - probably needs some good face time with Painter but she's been prodded into treatement mostly by her eldest daughter with lots of denial and silence and um... 2 year old tempermental tantrums to rival Linus' Christopher no doubt. About 2 weeks ago they found spots on her bone and liver and she took ill this weekend. They have discovered 3 nodules on the brain. Doctor said this is an agressive and swift type of cancer and while they don't have a crystal ball, it does not look good and he estimates 6 months to one year for her. She was such a vibrant person prior to this - like my mom she is a real trooper and has seen her share of hardships in her life. She's only about 13 years older than me. I can't believe this is happening to her. It's very devistating to me. I don't think she knows the prognosis - she had a difficult time just dealing with the cancer itself. I also feel bad for my cousins, particularly D who is handling the brunt of this. I just feel very sad and tired at the moment...

The job is getting a bit better. I am catching on, albeit slowly. I hope to be working more normal hours by mid month. It's been a bit on the cooler side of summer here - haven't had much of a chance to use the pool at all and I feel bad because a stray leaf or two is already starting to fall into the pool. We do have the hottest month ahead of us but as the days grow shorter, there's less sun time to keep the water warm and overcome the night coolness. Let's hope for a bit of hot in August.

Shad, I can so relate to your beautiful sunrise. When I was supporting the executive management, I would get to work very early - just after 6am. My office faced east over the park downtown and the lakefront. Although it was hard getting up that early, my reward was the solitude before the day's chaos and very often a gorgeous sunrise over the lake. I can still see it now if I close my eyes. So enjoy the view! Glad you will get home for a bit and away from the dready Perth weather. I find it wildly amusing that you are in search of an iron. I have a linen jacket I refuse to wear because it needs pressing. The kind of dreadful extensive pressing only linen can demand. But as you say, nothing puts a nice crease back into trousers like a hot iron. Hope you make buddies with enough nice people to make your way in Perth a little more homey. Can't wait to see your Butchart pics.

Ceejay - I like your one of this, one of that method. It's actually quite simple as you say and keeps you from overthinking the meal. Thanks for commenting on that. I would imagine some nights the ringing of the equipment just won't leave your poor head. Here's to peace and quiet.

Carla - consider yourself and - but done with love. No practicising self sabotage here woman. You've come too far. Are you supposed to be enjoying time with the person in your guest room? Oh wait - cottage friend is a friend who has a COTTAGE. Duh and doh. Nebber mined.

Hey Mel - meet you out back for a cuppa smoothie or something. I'm sure we can find something in the cabinets here that you can drink. DH used to drink something called Postum. At least I think that's what it was called. He liked it. I think it looked icky in the container. Some grain beverage or something. No caffeine to irritate your peepers. And my smoothies are whey protein, not soy.

Ok, it's after midnight. I must get to sleep. Nighty night to those here, what's for lunch for Shad?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:06 AM   #229  

Lunch?!!! Um errr, actually I'd really rather not say. After this weekend, I should be back in the swing of things. One of my Townsville colleagues, now working in Perth is taking me shopping for groceries. One of my jobs tonight will be to make a list of requirements. I am doing okay but not that great. However I have managed to make a challenge with Patti on another thread to lose 2kg in August. It might be feasible if I really really work on it.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #230  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD GOOD LUCK WITH GETTING THE GROCERIES, GETTING HOME AND FINDING A GYM AND ALL THINGS FREE:fance:

CARLA~

CEEJAY~ I HAD A PSYCHOLOGIST TELL ME THAT I MISSED MY CALLING.....BUT EITHER OF US HAD BECOME A SHRINK, WE'D BE THE ONES GOING HOME AND CRYING AND OUR PATIENTS WOULD BE HAPPY AND SMILING!!!
WE ARE REAL SISTERS SEPARATED AT BIRTH...YOU WERE SO RIGHT

HAPPY~ I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE AUNT. AND WHAT AN AWFUL TYPE TO HAVE TOO. SENDING ALL THE GOOD THOUGHTS I CAN TO MAKE HER JOURNEY SMOOTHER. FOR YOU AND MOM AND THE FAMILY.
DO TRY ON THE WEEKENDS TO BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELF WHILE THE STRESS LEVEL IS SO HIGH.

WHICH REMINDS ME OF MADCAT GENTLE WEEKENDS FOR YOU ALSO.

SOME OFFICE STUFF AND THEN A NAP I THINK. I OVERDID IT ON THE PC YESTERDAY AND WAS OUTSIDE LAST NIGHT. TOO MUCH "FRESH AIR" FOR THESE EYES!
WHEN WILL I LEARN TOMORROW IS FOOD SHOPPING SO SEE YA SATURDAY UNLESS I CAN "GET THE RED OUT".
HAPPY THURSDAY!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:14 AM   #231  

hello ladies
{{{{{hugs}}}}] for happy were dealing with a lot of cancer in the family at the moment one particularly trying is dh,s cousin who is only 34 and has 5 kids his other cousin has 2 grown up kids and 2 teenage kids,and both cousins both who have been given very short life expectancys,also the familys patriarch who is also living on borrowed time
Going to be a bit hectic here craigs 18th on saturday and even though he didnt want a party he did agree to a party family meal at a local resteraunt so im trying to organise 18 people to arrive eat and go home and considering both my mother and father are in wheelchairs and my father-in-law is in very bad health at the moment it is no mean feat
Anyway hugs to all ,good luck on the grocery hunt Shad and Mel rest those peepers
back when i can
love kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #232  
Happy September

KIRSTY~ SENDING MANY :hugs: TO YOU ALSO. FAMILIES ARE TOUGH AT THE BEST OF TIMES. GOOD LUCK TO THE BIRTHDAY BOY AND MANY RETURNS OF THE DAY!!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

AFTER BEING OUTSIDE FOR A FEW MINUTES...AND SEEING ALL THE HUNKS....MADE ME THINK OF AUGUST IN ANNAPOLIS...THINK OF WHAT WE COULD DO WITH ALL TOSE YOUNG CADETS!!!!!!!!!!!

OF COURSE I AM ONLY KIDDING!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Linus--Hugs.

Mel--Are you thinking of young cadets in swim trunks?

Just a quick fly by. Another hour and it's going home time.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:33 PM   #234  

Just a quick pop in. Working away from home full time this week.
This happened 2 sideroads over from here. The authorities think he is still in the area so we have been locked up pretty tight and keeping low key.
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=47071

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:04 PM   #235  

Eeeeewwwww Holly - stay safe. What a nasty thing to happen in the neighbourhood.

Happy - I really am sorry to hear about the Aunt. Like Mel, I hope the journey is smooth for her and that you can all spend some quality time together soon. Such stress in your life right now. Don't worry if you don't come here for a while - like Madcat, we will understand. However if you want to rant and rave and generally release the anger and frustration, by all means do it here.

Linus - Funny, I thought the eldest was already over 18. Must be me! I hope he has a very happy birthday and I wish for him all he could wish for himself for his future life.

Mel - I don't know that I would want you as my psychologist. You and I would be in tears more times than not. It would be very stressful for you. Anyway, you and I would get moved to violence once in a while and hit the patient with the frying pan for being patently stupid. I'd be giving them insights into rights and responsibilities and they would not be back I'm thinking. Not my cup of tea, I'll stick to killing them with Plant Maintenance and Supply Chain.

Happy - I found an iron but no ironing board. Wonder how one is expected to get on with it? Iron on the tiles? Iron on the laminate bench? Iron on the bed? Iron on the carpet? It's not vital to iron these trousers but they do look better with a bit of heat waved over them

Weather is beautiful this morning. Hardly a cloud in the sky and a big sun up in the sky. There is a fierce cold wind out there, but at least it is not grey and rainy. Yahoo.

The plumber is coming tomorrow morning to begin the installation of the dishwasher currently sitting in the spare room. He tells me he wants to do the cabinetry part of it tomorrow and it will take 4 hours or so. Means a delay in the shopping, but I can get the housework done while he saws and hammers and generally demolishes a perfectly good cupboard. Wednesday apparently they are coming to install the machine. That will be good. I hate doing dishes.

And that is it basically as far as I can think. Weight holding steady for the moment. This weekend will also be all about finding a gym. There is one in the building but I don't really fancy paying $50 per month for it when I already have gym membership I am not using. I may take a long hike to see just how far it is to the nearest club that I can use. If it is on the transport lines I may use it. If not then there are other clubs around.

I'd better go. Things to do, people to hack off!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #236  
Happy September

PEOPLE TO HACK OFF SHAD THE FORST E-MAIL I'VE HAD FROM 3FC ION A LONG TIME AND THE FIRST SENTENCE I SEE IS THAT ONE!! ;lol3: HOPE YOU FIND A GYM CLOSE BY! OK IF WE CANNOT BE PSYCHOLOGISTS THEN MAYBE WE SHOULD OPEN UP OUR OWN GYM! AND WE CAN HAVE A TEA ROOM FOR TEA AND SYMPATHY WHERE WE WILL HAVE AND TO KEEP THE PATRONS HAPPY OR IN LINE....WHICHEVER THEY NEED.

I CAME BACK HERE TO SAY I HAVE A GOOD DRIVER TOMORROW SO I WILL BE MIA FROM THE THREAD. WHEN I COME HOME I AM GOING TO THE OFFICE AND ALSO HELP A FRIEND. PAPERWORK. JUST WHAT I NEED FOR THE VISION. BUT IT'S DATED MATERIAL AND MUST GO OUT TOMORROW(FOR A SENIOR). I WILL BE BACK SATURDAY MORNING.
OK GIRLS....STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND STAY WELL.
HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY!

EDIT: PS CEEJAY~ CADETS IN SWIM TRUNKS NOW THERES ANOTHER IDEA!!! I WAS THINKING UNIFORMS BUT TRUNKS ARE GOOD.....VERY GOOD....SPEEDOS ARE BETTER SWEET DREAMS MY SOUTHERN FRIEND
Old 07-27-2007, 03:37 AM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
Her sister - a favorite aunt of mine was diagnosed with lung cancer a while back. ... I just feel very sad and tired at the moment...
Happy-- so sorry to hear this.... And your instinctual coping skills definitely seem headed in the right direaction. Hope you have plenty of hankies near by, and folks who can figure out what you are wanting from them.

Holly... that sounds like a very frightening situatiion. Stay safe, OK?

[QUOTE=Shad;1791723]Eeeeewwwww Holly - stay safe. What a nasty thing to happen in the neighbourhood.Stay safe, OK?

Today was quiet... and I feel a bit better when I get SOME strengthening ou body just "needs" to get some sleep.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #238  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hiya ladies,

To those of you who commented, thank you so much for the consoling hugs. I sure did need them - here's one back at you I will sit down and write my aunt a letter this weekend. I'd call but she's at one of my cousins' houses and lately she's not much for talking on the phone like she once was.

Painter - sleep is restorative and you need a certain amount of the REM or repair type sleep. I say know the difference between staying up way late and sleeping into the day vs sometimes you just need some extra zzzz's time and when that happens - go for it. I can usually tell I need one of those because it's that rare occasion when I am ready for and in bed between 9 and 10 instead of my usual midnight. Get what you need - both prone and upright

Mel - have a good shopping trip and don't strain the eyes too much helping out in the office. You are an angel to those people in the building. We must be having some training going on at my building at work as the parking lot is overly crowded. Among them is a car or two with a yellow NJ license plate. So if your ears tingle in the morning - it's just me spotting the plate and saying a good morning or two to you And while you and Shad would be teary psychologists, I have a feeling that you and I would be cussing a blue streak We'd set 'em straight

Shad - until you find the ironing board, I have used a fat bath towel folded in half on the counter as a sort of a cushy "board". Ok for ironing flat stuff like hems and creases but you're out of luck tho if you want to iron the top of a sleeve or something. Might do in a pinch for the pants tho. Is this a new flat that you've moved into that they are demolishing cabinets and putting in appliances?

Holly - guess that's the difference between living in the city vs a hamlet. Scary enough but for us, that happens just about every day on the other side of town. It's why I don't watch the news on TV anymore. I suppose there are crazies and dangerous sorts no matter where you live.

Ceejay - 7800 steps. Wow. Great job! I know how much that really amounts to and it takes alot of effort. You have inspired me to recommit to my promise to myself to take at least one walk around the building each day.

Linus - I didn't realize that Craig was almost an adult. What a gap between him and Christopher - the one who will keep you "young" right Hope the party goes well and thanks for the kind thoughts.

Carla - hope you are back on track again. I had a bad eating day yesterday and I am feeling the lingering effects today. It was one of those awful nibble here, nibble there days that doesn't seem like much at the time but at the end of the day it catches up with you. The peaches in the fruit bowl appear to be just ripe enough. A sliced up one along with a yogurt will make for a tasty breakfast today.

Hugs to the rest of the crew - I'm off to the salt mine so to say. At least it's Friday. Enjoy!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #239  

Well, that's it for visiting and being visited, at least for the time being. So no more excuses about posting. I did, of course, find time to lurk...

Happy, so sorry about your aunt. At least you'll have a bit of time to write or call or see her. I know it helped me to spend some time with my long-lost brother after his diagnosis.
And you've managed to reconnect to the net, which must be a relief. Amazing how much we come to rely on it!
As for being on track, I must say that it's a lot easier when you live alone like me. I'm a champion at finding excuses to eat the wrong things when others are around - don't want to make a fuss, or offend, or... and of course the truth is they wouldn't even notice. Harder with people living in the same house, unless they can be convinced to jump on board the diet train too.

Mel, I hope your day out will be terrific, and that it won't have a negative effect on your eyes. If it's as humid and hot there as here, you'll probably need a month to recover. Where was all this heat and sun last week when I had a lake down the hill to jump into?

Ceejay, have your hours at work gotten back to normal yet? I hadn't realized it was a noisy environment - must be extra hard to take for the longer hours.

Linus, hello to you. You stopped posting around the time I started. that the party this weekend goes well.

Shad, before hotels started providing irons and boards I used to sometimes travel with a mini-iron, and would iron on the bed on a towel. Neither fun nor perfect as to results, but good enough to smarten up a pair of wrinkled pants or to freshen up the back of a linen jacket.
Some scary pollution news here yesterday: the wonderful lake we swam in has developed blue-green algae at one end, not the beach we swam at. Too many "cottages" that are actually monster houses with dishwashers and washing machines and phosphates draining into the water and shoreline destruction. Grrr. If the whole lake goes bad, it'll be the end of an era. No more luscious lake swimming 20 minutes from home.

Holly, I did wonder if that murder was near you. With any luck he's out of the area and will be caught soon. Very scary, the idea of murdering people just to steal their vehicle. I can understand crimes of passion, but the socio and psychopaths are just so random.

Painter, I hope a new client falls in your lap to replace the one who feels he doesn't need you any more. When my marriage broke up I spent a fortune on therapy, which did help me, but probably sent the poor therapist into therapy herself. I don't think I'd have the patience myself, at least not for any long-term work.

Meadow, Madcat, Ruth Here's hoping all's well with you.

Yikes, I've got to get off this laptop. So that's it, except to say that I'm back on track with the eating (and drinking) and the scale seems to have slipped down again - unless it's just another temporary dip. I so want to be my old normal-sized self again! If the numbers are right, I'm half-way through the weight-loss journey, and should be feeling very satisfied. But then I look at the belly or the lumpy thighs, and Maybe I need to book an appointment with Painter (or Mel and Shad with their rolling pins and big hob-nailed boots) to get over myself...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #240  
Happy September

WOW I MUST HAVE MISSED HOLLY'S POST. STAY SAFE AND LOCK ALL THE DOORS. WE JUST HAD AN ENTIRE FAMILY BUT THE HUSBAND SLAUGHTERED & HE'S IN THE HOSPITAL. VERY SAD.

HAPPY~ OF COURSE WE WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO COMMENT. WE LOVE YOU! CANCER IS TOUGH TO DEAL WITH. I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND THAT I LET THE PERSON WHO IS SICK SET THE TONE OF THE CONVERSATION AND GO FROM THERE. CARDS AND NOTES USUALLY ARE WELL APPRECIATED...."JUT THINKING OF YOU" TYPES. MORE
I WAS WONDERING WHY MY EARS KEPT WHISPERING...HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY WATCH OUT FOR THOSE JERSEY DRIVERS....THEY GET A LITTLE NUTS WHEN THEY GO SOUTH!

CARLA~ I HAVE BEEN PRETTY GOOD. BUT MY MIND IS SET ON AUGUST FOR SOME REASON. MAYBE CAUSE MOST OF THE SUMMERTIME DRAMA WILL BE OVER WITH
I AM GLAD YOU GOT TO SPEND TIME WITH THE COTTAGE FRIEND THOUGH.

PW~ GLAD YOU FEEL BETTER AND HOPE YOU GOT THE REST YOU NEEDED

I GOT FRUIT, VEGGIES AND WATER. FORGOT THE MILK SO THE STORE DOWN THE STREET IS SENDING IT LATER.
THE HUMIDITY IS THE PITS!!! IT LOOKS LIKE RAIN ANY MINUTE AND YOU FEEL SOGGY!! I CAME BACK AND CHANGED MY CLOTHES!
I CAN SEE A DEFINITE CHANGE IN MY SKIN. THE EYES ARE STILL SO SO. GOOD AND BAD DAYS. IT'S HARE BUT I REALLY DO TRY TO BE MORE MINDFUL OF THEM TILL THE ROSACEA GOES INTO REMISSION....<--TRYING
TO REMAIN AS POSITIVE ABOUT THIS HAPPENING AS POSSIBLE!;sunny: WEEKEND IS ALL MINE I THINK. NO WORK ANYWAY AND THE KIDS MAY GO TO THE TRAILER.
LOOKS LIKE SOME MORE CRAPPY AN HEAT ARE PREDICTED SO IT WILL BE INDOORS FOR MELLIE AND HER MOBILES I AM THINKING "GOSFORD PARK" AND SOME AIRPOPPED POPCORN!
HAPPY FRIDAY AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!