Old 07-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ruth--Maybe that's what I need the buzz of a chain saw. I've never had to fast with out those before.

Happy-There is always the library.

Mel--No need to post as long as we know you are okay.

The heart health was done this morning. Had one caution light which was my blood pressure of 133/81. had 4 red lights, my HDL, good,cholesterol needs to come up, total cholesterol was 127.The bmi was 32.8 and body fat percentage was 44.1. The main thing that I'm concerned about is that the carotid artery was a little high. She highly suggested that I have a dagnostic ultrasound done. This was the reason for going to find things early. I've not had any symtoms but since heart disease runs in my family I wanted to be checked.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #182  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RUTH~ I WOULD RATHER BURN OUT THAN RUST OUT TOO!!! GLAD TO HEAR ABOUT THE CHAINSAW MASSACRE OF THE FALLEN TREE!! WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL???? HAPPY CUTTING!!

CEEJAY~ GLAD THE FRAME FINALLY GOT THERE AND YOU LIKE IT AND THE BOOKCASE TOO! ARE YOU REDOING THE WHOLE APARTMENT???? IS THIS S BIG SPRING/SUMMER/FALL CLEANING AND RE DOING??? LOL
ENJOY THE NEW BED!

DID YOU EVER JUST HAVE ONE OF THOSE DAYS WHERE YOU FEEL BEHOLDING TO GOD OR A HIGHER AUTHORITY FOR ALL THE HAPPINESS YOU FEEL? IT WASN'T SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED AND I CANNOT PUT MY FINGER ON THE REASON WHY BUT TODAY WAS AN EXCEPTIONALLY HAPPY DAY INSIDE OF ME. HOPE I DON'T SOUND BONKERS BUT IT WAS A GOOD FEELING INSIDE MY CHEST. CAN'T EXPLAIN IT...IT WAS JUST THERE. LIKE A FEELING OF FREEDOM. I HAD IT ALL DAY TOO. EVEN THOUGH THOSE AROUND ME WERE ABSOLUTELY OFF THEIR ROCKERS...I STRAIGHTENED OUT EVERYTHING THAT'S BEEN WRONG FOR THEM WHEN I GOT BACK HOME FROM FOOD SHOPPING. I EVEN GOT THEM TO GET OFF EACH OTHERS CASES. USUALLY I COME BACK HERE FEELING EXHAUSTED AND DRAINED BUT NOT TODAY. THE ACCT'S JUST LEFT ALSO AND I STILL FEEL HAPPY....GLOWING EVEN! MUST BE THE BEGINNING OF A COLD
I AM OFF TO THE SHOWER AND A NIGHT OF TV!
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND GOOD MORNING MISS SUNSHINE!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #183  
Happy September

I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS FOR THE KIDS TO TAKE WITH THEM TO THE COUNTRY AND THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT. JIC!! LOL

(Courtesy of Chatelaine Magazine August 2007)

The beans get even more flavourful as they sit in the vinaigrette.

This salad can be enjoyed warm or chilled!
Ingredients:

1 lb (500g) green beans

· 2 garlic cloves, minced

· 1 shallot, minced

· 1 Tbsp (15mL) chopped chives

· 1 Tbsp (15mL) chopped basil

· 1 Tbsp (15mL) balsamic vinegar

· ½ tsp (2mL) Dijon mustard

· Generous pinches of salt and pepper

· 1 ½ Tbsp vegetable or olive oil

· ½ pint cherry tomatoes or quartered small tomatoes

· Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions:

1. Trim beans. Boil in a large saucepan partially filled with water over high heat until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 mins.

2. Prepare garlic, shallot, chives and basil. In a small bowl, whisk balsamic with Dijon, salt and pepper. Add garlic, shallot, chives and basil. Slowly whisk in oil.

3. Drain beans well. Place in a large bowl with tomatoes. Add dressing and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if you like.
Makes 4 servings.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #184  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Still having an e-mail war with the Rental Agency about the method of payment for the bond (one months rent) and one months rent in advance! Now I am so aware of why I own a house and don't rent anything anywhere. Rental agencies are anal. I mean do they really think I am going to carry around several thousand dollars in my wallet. Cash indeed. Makes one wonder what they are doing with the trust account! I can get a bank cheque, but since my bank is a non branch bank - I can't walk into a branch off the street - getting a bank cheque is a 5 day wait for the post, and then waiting for the cheque to clear another bunch of days gone by. If I go to a bank on the street the fee for a non customer could be up to $50.00 and I'm digging in my heels! I may have to do this but I don' wanna!!!!!

Ruth - the chainsaw queen. Good on'ya. Love a good chainsaw session myself. One of those beautiful trees met the end huh! You should have let Kevin do the chainsawing and hauled the trees to the trailer yourself. That way you would have lost a couple of pounds. Good exercise for the dogs too.

It's Friday here. Tomorrow afternoon the All Blacks (NZ footy team) meet the Wallabies (Aust footy team) It should be a fairly lively match. I have to find somewhere to watch it. Preferably with a bunch of Kiwis and South Africans. We all love to watch the Aussies lose. Anyway, I've extended my hotel stay because of the above rent problem, and if necessary I'll stay in my room and do the Haka to annoy them on either side, upstairs and downstairs.

Right O time to go and annoy the banks again. I'll be back.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #185  

I posted as above and came back to find I had missed another page of posting.

Mel - I delighted to know that you have had what I call a day out of time. I don't care what causes them. I just know that I love it when they suddenly appear and cast a whole new outlook on life. Long may you have this day. Seize it and be happy.

Yeehaaaa - success with the rental company. They have stretched a point and allowed me to make a bank transfer electronically. Life is suddenly much better. I think maybe it had something to do with the fact that I threatened to pull out of the deal or charge them for the bank fees that did it. Maybe it was also that I threatened to sue if I got robbed with all that cash! Whatever, they have suddenly arrived in the 21st century and I have action.

Gotta go. Bend a few more heads and see if I can get the programs I need added to this computer.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:03 AM   #186  

I'm in a bit of a torpor. Missed the appropriate times to get to the gym, but ate reasonably sanely today. DH is SO cranky about the state of affairs politically and, by extension, on TV that I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I want to hear the updates, but want to be kind/empathic, blah blah blah, and those things seem to be in direct contradiction to one another. feh.

Ruth: Bravo on the power tools.
CJ-- it seems that you are wise to get your workups sooner rather than later
Mel: Bravo on such a great day. sometimes it pays NOT to question things too closely, right. Just enjoy. Hope tomorrow is the same.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:23 AM   #187  

Painter if it makes him cranky, it's his problem not yours. Keep yourself up to date with the necessary information. He's a lovely man, but you must suit yourself once in a while.
His crankiness one presumes is directed at the current state of affairs in Afghanistan and Pakistan? Is George about to commit more troops to that area against all advice???

Ill try to get in over the weekend, but don't bank on it. If I find an Internet cafe I will do it. meantime I need to make inquiries about putting my internet account on the new pc. Then I can yak from anywhere! Beware
Old 07-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #188  
Happy September

CEEJAY I AM SO SORRY I MISSED YOUR POST ABOUT THE HEART SEARCH. HOPING THE NEXT BOUT OF TESTS SHOW NOTHING IS SERIOUSLY AMISS!! SENDING GOOD WISHES AND GOOD YOU ARE CATCHING THINGS EARLY. KEEP US POSTED.

PW~ I AM EMBARASSED TO ADMIT THAT ONCE AGAIN UI HAVE TURNED ALL NEWS OFF AGAIN. SAT HERE EITHER CRYING OR SCREAMING! MAYBE YOU CAN WATCH IT AND GIVE US AN UPDATE ONCE AND AWHILE! I TOLD JEN THAT IF THEY DROP A BOMB SOMEWHERE IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TO GIVE ME A CALL!

SHAD~ GLAD YOU GOT THE RENTAL AGENCY SETTLED!! SOMETIMES YOU WONDER WHAT PEOPLE ARE THINKING. YES I AM EVER GRATEFUL ABOUT YESTERDAY. HAVE NOT HAD ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN A VERY LONG TIME. CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER WHEN HOPE THE NEW ABODE SUITS YOUR NEEDS AND THE MAINTENANCE DEPT WORKS BETTER THAN THE LAST ONE.....WILL YOU BE POKONG AROUND THE HEATERS NOW WITH WINTER THERE?

I AM GOING BACK TO THE STORE TO GET SOME CHICKEN. THE SALE BEGAN TODAY. WILLY IS GOING ON VACATION FOR A WEEK SO I SOULD STOCK UP A BIT. NOT SO HAPPY WITH THE OTHER DRIVER. I BETTER GET A MOVE ON. NOT FULLY DRESSED! THERE IS NO NUCITY ALLOWED ON THE BUS TOO MANY WRINKLES AND WILLY WILL GET TOO SICK TO DRIVE
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! HAPPY SATURDAY!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel--I'm with you about watching the news. It's very discouraging. In answer to your question about redecorating. The new furniture was needed. This should last me until I retire or go to live with one of my sisters.

Shad--glad you got things straightened out.

Not much news here. Our safety luncheon is today. Kinda hope Tim brings mine to the plant. We may go to 8 hours until Bud gets back. I've worked five 12 hour days this week. His blood pressure went up. He was not given his pills. They will regulate this before he come home.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:03 PM   #190  

Sitting for a few moments and have cught up wiht everyone's doings. Been non stop fun(?) for me all day every day..work, kids stuff, chores, cooking, cleaning, damn dishes....have squeezed in some fun stuff.
I have been a bit grumpy. Really hollered at the other 3 people I live here with at 9:45pm last night to help tidy up etc. Upset the lounging sloths. Feel bad but it did have an impact. I was still up alone at midnight finishing dishes and laundry.sigh

I am tired right now. Our Gala Days and Turtle Races start tonight and go all weekend. My kids aren't doing as many of the events this year.
I invited a couple of families to come over on Sat after supper to hang out for my Bday and have a campfire.
What I would like to do is sleep in til ,oh, 9am.

HUGS!!!

http://www.galadays.org/
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #191  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Major t-storm again early this morning and I think I have a fried modem! I'm at the Fair Office but am not planning to make it a habit this close to Fair tme. Spent a while with kiddie tech support trying to get connected but no luck. The kid suggested I get my husband to look at it! *******! If I have time, I'll ask Rob or Moel to check it out. However, it looks like I'll be offline a lot until it gets fixed. I really don't have time for this nonsense with such a busy time ahead. Why do these things happen on Friday?

Enough griping!

Lucy still is wheezing but the vet determined that it's her nose, not her throat or chest. Being a Gloom and Doom type, she suggested it could be bone cancer or an allergy. We're starting with the easy one. Miss Lucy is on antihistamine which is supposed to make her sleepy but doesn't because she is Lucy. She seems to be breathing better.

So that's the story. I have my BIL's art show to do tomorrow. He is donating the sales to The Stephen Lewis Foundation so we are hoping for a good response. It's lunch and drinks so there's been a fair amount of prep - chili and cole slaw for 100! Sunday is a garden tour and by Monday it'll be Fair preparation so I may not be online much, even if I do get a connection.

Not to worry, OK? I'll pop back in once I get my home pc running.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:32 PM   #192  
Happy September

:wiza rd::gi ft:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR HOLLY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

HOPE YOUR SPECIAL DAY TOMORROW WILL BE BRIGHT AND SUNNY!! THERE IS A RULE THOUGH...THE BIRTHDAY GIRL DOES NOT DO DISHES ON HER SPECIAL DAY!
HAVE A GREAT ONE!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #193  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ HOPE BUD WILL BE ALRIGHT AND COME BACK QUICKLY. HOPE TOO YOUR DAYS DON'T HAVE TO BE 12 HRS ANYMORE OR ALL OF YOU WILL BE EXHAUSTED!!!
MAYBE I'LL BUY JEN AN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER....I DON'T WANT HER TO COME BACK AND LIVE WITH ME

RUTH~ HUGS FOR YOU AND MISS LUCY!! HOPE THE COMPUTER WOES GET SORTED OUT AND YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH US!!!!! HAVE A NICE ART SHOW VISIT!!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #194  

Thanks Miss Melly!!!

I do love my little village here. Gala Days is off to a good start. Had to drag the kids outa there after 10pm. They were angels!!! Yippee!!

I need a nice long sleep!!

((Ruth)) you are super busy!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #195  
Happy September

WELL I SEE HOLLY'S BIRTHDAY WEEKEND IS OFF TO A GOOD START WITH A GALA CELEBRATION
AGAIN, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

WHAT A NIGHT I HAD. BEGAN WITH A COLD SWEAT THAT KEPT WAKING ME UP AND I MEAN SWEAT! I WAS SOAKED. THEN NEXT THING I KNOW I WAN IN THE BATHROOM A LITTLE AFTER 3AM WONDER IF I LOST ANY WEIGHT MY STIMACH AND OTHER PARTS ARE FEELING VERY TENDER AND I DON'T THINK I CAN MANAGE ANY FOOD. SITTING HERE DRINKING PLAIN SELTZER AND FEELING A BIT BETTER. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED. THERE WAS A WEE BIT OF DRAMA IN MY SMALL FAMILY AND MOM DECIDED TO GET INVOLVED. I SAID A FEW THINGS THAT I'VE BEEN BITING MY TONGUE ABOUT. IT SEEMS TO HAVE DONE THE TRICK. TIME WILL TELL. LET ME TELL YOU THAT THE GRANDSON IS MORE WELL BEHAVED THAN THE REST OF THE BROOD!
WE ARE HAVING FALL-LIKE WEATHER OUTSIDE AND THE MORNINGS ACTUALLY HAVE A TINY CRISPNESS ABOUT THEM. LOVELY LIGHT WINDS AND GUSTS AND I AM LOVING IT!!! BALA JAS NOT CALLED ME SO I GUESS NO ONE IS USING THE OFFICE. AFTER I CHECK EVERYTHING, I AM TURNING THE PHONES OFF AND PUTTING MY FEET UP. GOOD WEEKEND FOR THE EYES AND TUMMY TO REST. PEACE IS JUST A PHONE JACK AWAY!!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND. BE KIND TO YOURSELVES AND GET YOUR INNER BATTERIES CHARGED UP!