Old 07-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #46  

Well, a phone call can change anything.

My babysitter's mom called here raging at me about all kinds of weird and awful stuff. I hung up on her. I called the dad, who is my friend, to clarify what is going on.
I am relieved it is over, to be honest, but the personal attacks about my innocent children and myself are beyond hurtful. This woman is so volatile. The dad kept apologizing because he and I arranged for his daughter to babysit. He did not anticipate the mom's behaviour( even tho she is known for it) in this situation.

Be nice if I could stop crying. It is awful to have your home and children and your entire existance attacked and trashed.

So, I am supposed to be at payroll in 30 min and I have no sitter. I called my boss already and will try and find someone in the next hour and go in. I have lots of resources and friends that will help.

enormous sigh.

Ruth- hubby was reading over my shoulder about giving up sex. He had a big chuckle.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, crap, Hollyhock. Give me the b#tch's phone number and I'll straighten her out. I gather your sitter lives with her mother - poor child!

Ceejay, I don't have perky boobs anymore either - I'm a 42 long! Yes, if you are on fluid pills, take the damned things! I am taking my own pink pee pills today as I leapt UP three whole pounds overnight. (Of course, sushi for lunch in town and a Reuben for supper probably had some influence! I sure didn't eat an extra 10,500 calories!)

I've decided my challenge will be giving up fries and wings for a month. They certainly are not part of the essential food groups. Giving up sex isn't too difficult as I've not had any since the last century.

Donna is here cleaning, I've picked a huge basket of veggies from the garden, it's not raining, Claire is coming for tea, the dogs are happy, my bills are paid, I've got lots of lovely well water to drink....sorry but I haven't anything to complain about. I don't even have a wake to attend this weekend - so far.

I wish the same for us all.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ruth--You are already picking the veggies. I'm having summer veggies for lunch, yummy. I need to go pay a few bills myself this morning and then back to cleaning house. I'm almost a 42 long. I'll diffinately take the fluid pills. I always see a weight change when I do. My aunt gets picky about the meds I take. But she doesn't have to hear the doctor fuss when you don't take them
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:13 PM   #49  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I CAN'T SEEM TO REMEMBER THE LAST YEAR I HAD SEX.....MUST HAVE BEEN I N THE LATE 80'S....NO WONDER I'M SO EFFING CRANKY AND YELLING ALL THE TIME!! GEE WHIZ YOU THINK ONE OF THE MAINTENANCE MEN WOULD FEEL SORRY FOR ME AND THROW ME A MERCY FOOK...NOW WOULDN'T YA????
MINE ARE A 44 EXTRA LONG AND I RUN THEM OVER EVERY MORNING!
WENT FOOD SHOPPING AND FILLED THE FRIDGE WITH FRUIT. GOT A POT ROAST AND FOUND OUT THE KIDS WILL NOT BE COMING DOWN THIS WEEKEND I'LL MAKE IT ANYWAY I THINK...THEN NO COOKING ALL WEEK! CLEANED OUT MY A/C FILTER WOW!!! WHAT A MESS.NOW I REALLY KNOW THE WINDOWS NEED TO REMAIN CLOSED. THEY WERE FULL OF GUNK AND I ONLY CLEANED THEM THE OTHER DAY! ;tantrum: HAD LUNCH WITH THE BOYS AND ATE AN ITALIAN SANDWICH. MOZZARELLA, HAM, RED PEPPER AND OIO/VINEGAR. YUM. I COULD ONLY FIT IN HALF AND GAVE THE OTHER 1/2 AWAY. NO NEED TO OVERDO THE BREAD THING!!
HAVE A GREAT NIGHT/DAY!!

RUTH...GO AHEAD AND GIVE UP SEX AGAIN!! WE CAN MAKE IT OFFICIAL THEN!! YOU REALIZE THAT BY NOW WE MUST BOTH BE BORN AGAIN VIRGINS!!!

CEEJAY~ WE YOU SURPRISED TO SEE ME?? LOL I WENT TO MY JOURNAL TO LOOK AT SOMETHING IN MY NOTEPAD. WHILE I WAS THERE I STOPPED IN A FEW AND SAID HOWDY. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON! CONGRATS AUNTIE CEEJAY ON THE NEPHEW'S ENGAGEMENT!!
AND TAKE THOSE DANG WATER PILLS!!!!

HELLO TO OUR MISSING CHICKIES!!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #50  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HOLLY~ HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT AND THE MOTHER BUTTS OUT OF IT!! GOOD LUCK BUT DON'T "LOSE IT" EITHER!!! STAY CALM SENDING MANY TISSUES YOUR WAY. WIPE THOSE PEEPERS!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #51  

Holly--If I were there I would baby sit. I love children.

Mel--I'll take the fluid pills. Glad you stopped into say hello in the journals just don't over do those eyes.

Most of my to do list has been done. I couldn't get two things done today so I will do those next week. I have an appointment to get the Rav4 serviced next week and the bed will come next week also. Brenda is on vacation and the other person couldn't find the bed frame in the back. He even had me look.

I'm already over on the carbs but I can salvage the rest of the day if I eat veggies at dinner. Some of these carbs came in at 1.00 a.m. I couldn't sleep from that long, long nap yesterday afternoon and was hungry so I had a bowl of cereal and milk. Believe it or not I didn't have any breakfast.

I'm feeling a whole lot better. I should with over 100 dollars worth of meds.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:30 PM   #52  

Thanks gals!!! It actually escalated a bit more before is stopped. She left a barage of messages on my cell phone. I am calmed down now. I had mixed feeling about the girl babysitting because she was clueless.... but very nice.

I found out what part the fuel was. Our neighbour( one and only neighbour on this side of the Hwy) whose children have played with mine regularily for 8 years and whose 16 year old has babysat for me for 5 years, works part time with the Mom of the new sitter. Apparently our neighbour has had lots to say about me, my husband and my children and none of it flattering. Much about our missing mental health, low values, how our kids are completely out of control all the time, We are white trash.......
Unbelievable.
I keep wondering who they are talking about. It is shocking. I do so much positive work in this community. It is so weird.
The upside isthe neighbours are moving in 2 weeks. A single , older man with no kids is moving in. I am happy about that. I have put out enought fires based on thier judgemental comments ot my kids. I just didn't realize how deep the judgements went.The things said about my kids were horrifc.
The mom was also very upset because i left a list of ideas to entertain the kids and ideas for lunches and household rules etc. She felt my expectations were too high. Like....both kids like to have peanut butter and jam sandwiches for lunch, DD likes to have tea parties in her room........

Needless to say I am glad that hiccup of 3 really bad days is over. I have 4 girls I am talking to over the next few days for next week and the rest of the summer ( just Thurs and Fri, 9-3 each week)I have arranged for my kids to go to the afterschool sitter Wednesday afternoons. Hubby will pick them up there.

Egads.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #53  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
No chance to chat yesterday since the hoardes descended and I was flat out finding computers and materials for all the people. They were a good bunch, but it was sometimes hard to keep them together as they all wanted to go off on tangents of their own.

I'm here in the office on a Saturday waiting to see if anyone arrives for training. I volunteered for the weekend work because there isn't a lot to do if I don't work. It's not like I have a house to clean or anything. Nothing to cook etc. Only crocodiles to chase. So here I am, but where are they? The people I mean, not the crocodiles.

I'm having a hard time getting rid of the last of this dratted cold. It's now turned into a dry cough. I can feel the gunk down the back of my throat but can't seem to get rid of it. However I have to admit that last night was the best nights sleep I have had since being here. Do you think being taken over to the ARC after dinner and being plied with vodka and tonics by a bloke had anything to do with it? Oh and before you get excited about that, I'm one of the born again virgins with Ruth and Mel still. If there is enough of us, does that make us a group of vestal virgins? And the guy has already been in this morning to say hello too. Whaddya make of that eh?

Holly - I really am sorry that you have had all this problem. The biggest hassle with small towns is the gossip that spreads so quickly and just as quickly turns from fiction to fact. All kids are ripsnorting tearaways at some stage in their lives, sometimes longer than others but it has nothing to do with anyone else how you bring up your kids, unless of course the kids are infringing on the rights of others.

Ha Ceejay - knew you wouldn't stay away from us for long. We're addictive doncha know. My congratulations to the nephew.
Mine aren't that perky these days either. They just keep getting bigger or so it seems. I don't remember ever having smaller hips than boobs before.
I take fluid tablets as well. I can carry as much as 5k of fluid if I don't. Therefore I don't forget them too often.

Morning Mel - glad you managed to pick out the croc. It was gone by the time I got down there to see it. Mean buggers they are.
Glad you got the card alright. Wonder what they did to the envelope? I am in the process of posting some stuff from Groote. It might take awhile. It took me days to get the right packaging. It then proved to be too small! Now I am trying ways to make it fit. Otherwise you may end up with mail from Perth instead. Now Western Australia is not known as the Wait Awhile State for nothing you know. So that may take even longer.

Ruth - enjoy the new pepper mill. At least you bought something. I went around and around SF one day looking for some Asic shoes for son #1 and bought nothing and got nothing but sore feet. Then next day I happened on a Liz Claiborne outlet store and spent $300 in less than 5 minutes. Such is life. Son still does not have the Asic's. They are apparently available in Canada but not in the States - well the particular style he wants. Wouldn't ya have thought that I could have picked up that thought by esp and osmosis when I was in Canada?

Happy - hope you have had a great time with the family and can now rest peacefully for a while. Have fun today.

Carla - have you disappeared off with the MAN? or are you pining? Inquiring minds wish to know, you know.

Painter - congrats on the 8lbs down. I should have said something before. It's a great acheivement and you should be proud of it.

Suz - you came back! I was going to ring you when I got home, but things are sort of upended on my side of the fence with coming to Groote and then off to Perth. Not much time for anything personal at the moment.

Now I had better go see if I can find a reasonable flight to Perth for Monday week. Then I need to source accommodation as well. Such is life. I will return.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #54  

I'll post a quick one just to let you know that I'm having trouble with the site the last few days. Partly because of an annoying banner pop-up that isn't working properly: it sits there at the top of the page, the rest of the page blank, no little x to make it disappear, and when I go back to the previous screen sometimes I find myself back at my google home page. When I do start to post, the screen get stuck, won't post, just sits there... Grrr. I sit here cursing HepCOntario (the banner ad) and Bill Gates who I'm sure is resposible for the trouble posting. End of disclaimer...

Last edited by carla49; 07-06-2007 at 08:58 PM.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #55  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh oh - she's back and not in a good mood! What was she giving up on this challenge??? Does she have Mel's cranky problem.

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #56  

Okay, here goes with some responses to all the very prolific posters out there.

Ruth, good going on the decision to cut jujubes, wings and fries. Mel and I decided a while ago to try a little challenge after the 4th of July. Originally it was no frappucinos for her and no wine or sweets for me, and things evolved from there. The idea is just to do something to get back on the road to weight loss.
Is your pepper mill electric? I have one with a motor and a light so you can see where the pepper hits the food. Fancy, but it's always covered in messy fingerprints and grinds the pepper too coarse. Utterly useless, in other words, but it is entertaining. I really, really love gadgets.

Ceejay, good to see you back. I guess we're just too too irresisitible. How's the fitday food monitoring going? I tried it for a while, but found it too labour intensive. Anyway, I have a pretty good idea of the calories in everyhting I eat, so... Like your aunt, I usually try to stay away from overusing meds, but some of them really work and make our quality of life so much better. Why suffer for no reason? Enjoy the sudden weight loss when you start the water pills!

Meadow, you sound so bubbly and content in your post. Can we all come and play with you in your pool? We could all wear red tees and carry yellow stuffed chickens...

Mel, it sounds like you've chosen a sensible route, trying to work on eliminating the things that give you trouble. When you think about it, the list of forbidden stuff isn't really all that long - certainly not as long as the list of all the things that you can have.
I'm curious about your new avatar - have you gone over to the republicans? Should we alert the mayor? Or did you meet up with that heffalump in Jumanji? I can almost hear Robin Williams keeping time as we all to the baby elephant walk. (Don't know where that came from - wasn't it the title of an instrumental hit back in the sixties??)

Shad, no MAN sightings at all. I think he's off in England right now, and in any case I'm quite happy to be manless. He was rather a rather toothsome morsel though. Any further progress on your new conquest? You do realize that you'll have to confess all if you lose eligibility in the BAV gang... Maybe instead of having him slay a dragon for you he could wrassle that big croc.

Holly, what an awful experience with that woman! I think you need a Is it possible part of her anger is because she knows you're friends with her ex and it makes her crazy? Divorce can make people thoroughly irrational... I do hope that's an end to the unpleasantness. A shame for the daughter who's now out of a job, although being expected to make PBJ sandwiches was a clear case of sitter abuse. You're really going to need those restful green walls.

to Happy, Suzi, Madcat, Painter, Roseblush, and whoever I've forgotten this time. Somehow I always miss someone.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #57  

Maybe just a teensy weeny bit cranky. I lost two posts before the site and my laptop decided to cooperate. Mostly I'm just tired - pulled kicking and screaming back into EDT, only managed about 3 hours sleep and then worked with one of my most annoying colleagues and her tiresome husband. Didn't like the clients either. But I'm actually quite pleased - jsut two days back on the clean food track and I already weighed in this morning at my signature weight!! Very encouraging.

And by the way, Mel, don't think we didn't notice that you were claiming to be avoiding caffeine at the same time you were inviting us to a . And it sure looked like you had brewed up a really big pot of coffee.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #58  

You guys are right. I can't stay away from the worldly chicks to long. I did need some r and r though from the computer.

Carla--I thought I was the only one having trouble with this sight.

Mel--Why did you mention the word cleaning out your a.c filter? I had to top that one by cleaning out the dryer lint and putting on a new hose. The other one was beginning to get clogged. I need Sears to come out and clean the inside of the dryer.

I can't seem to get in the mood to eat clean again. I think the words bone loss that was mentioned at the dentist office upset me more than I thought.
Just more evidence that I do have osteoporosis. I'll try to eat clean again tomorrow. I have three different calorie limits to go by I just need to plan my food around them.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:30 AM   #59  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have a really boring day ahead of me with Fair work and a damned Bingo to work tonight. I need to plan something fun! Working the Festival last weekend spoiled me. Back later!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:41 AM   #60  

It is always nice to come here for some SANE and WITTY convo and life sharing!!!!!

I am less upset by the babysitting family and did hold them in my prayers. I am deeply hurt by the woman next door. I dont know how one goes from being the first person at the hospital when DD was born out of sheer excitment and caring to spreading viscious rumours about my children and us.
And I think it is ironic that they have extreme values and religious beliefs that most people criticize and I have always defended their choices and respected their conviction even tho is is nothing like my own.
It will be hard not to confront her and i may still. I dont want to do it out of strong emotion.
The other piece is that they are moving away in 2 weeks and then it will just be done. I do waver on what is right. Will she go on to do this again. It seems so out of character is one sense but I do know she says horrible things about us inside thier home because her kids repeat it to mine. I have been putting out those fires for years. Like how hubby and i are going to **** over...oh ...just about everything. How we are going to jail for putting off fireworks (on a National holiday when it is legal).................
Pretty hard stuff for 3,4, 5 year olds to understand and hear about their own parents.

Maybe now that I have vented it will be relased. LOL!

Having a coffee. DD has soccer at 9:30. A "free" day after that. Sunfest tomorrow.

Ruth-maybe you do need a young hotty for some sex to spice things up!!!

I am getting the fruit in and 3-4 veg a day( not 5) which is a lot more than the big fat 0 I was getting.

Waving HI!!!!!

HUGS!!!