Old 07-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #211  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

TO HAPPY AND MADCAT AND MEADOW AND NAE
AND ALL THE OTHER WORLDLY CHICKS.. TIG AND TEEL AND LINUS...YOU MIGHT BE GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:53 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

mel--was concerned about the fiber but so far every thing is okay.

The boss told me I'd have Saturday and hopefully Bud will be back by that time when the next week end rolls around. I almost laughed at him. He said I've only had one day off this week,i'm tired. Dah what about my five 12 hours days with one day off. Men!!!

hello to the rest.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #213  
Radiate self!

Smile Monday in July

Muggy and sporatic rain here, funny old day. I've been blowing bubbles out back with the kids. The bubbles seem to last longer when there is a bit of moisture in the air. I'm focusing on what I do have rather than the opposite. I just can't deal with all the worrying about not having bones sticking out and counting my ribs stuff That being said I have been eating decently. Bought some lovely fava beans *insert noise no chianti but good just the same. I mixed them with some rice and curry/ginger, mushroom soup mix :slurp:

Mel-Do you have the binoculars out to keep an eye on the lovely construction crews? Maybe you could take out some hot chocolate and take their chills away Behave! Shouldn't you have the pc shut off if there is rolling thunder? Take care of your eyes. Christmas?!

Shad-I hope your new abode has the heat functioning. Is it close to where you will be working? Congratulations on the new boss job. Power just seems to follow you, use it wisely

Holly-Hope you had a grand birthday. Bet you will get lots of lovely pics from your new camera.

Ceejay-I hope you catch up on your sleep. More than 8 hours at any job would make a persons head swim. Fingers crossed they see that the 12 hour shifts are wearing you out.

PW-those poor squirrels, they must be so confused It is lovely that you are not poisoning them and are setting them free elsewhere. Make sure you take your oils and keep your joints lubricated. Don't want to pull something, enjoy the sweat and exercise.

Carla-put down that wine glass How was pilates? Do you feel taller? I've watched a class on television, lots of holding poses, makes me ache just thinking about it. I hope you feel tight and toned.

Happy-are things back to normal? Are you still travelling to the office for the internet? Have you been swimming? How hot is it? I saw "My house in Umbria" on the television last weekend. Maggie Smith and a cast of characters, I loved it, but then I adore things about independent women with big houses in Italy

Got to go be well ladies of the world, you chicks of tremendous powers!
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #214  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh great, the first parcel arrived. That was quick. Watch out for the tube next. If one has arrived, the other should not be far behind. Glad the screen savers worked.
I have my Butchart Gardens photos all ready to load, just need access to the internet now to do so. Can't do it from here. I think someone would have a bit of a moan.

Holly - if you can't figure out Photobucket, have a go at Webshots. It too is free in part - you can only load up so many albums before you either have to get rid of some or pay. That's what I have used for years.

Carla - Ruth's modem fried in a recent storm. You may have to resort to ringing her. If you do decide to go, don't forget to get a street map of Delta. It's not like Ottawa! You could get lost for hours in amongst the trees!

Painter - them naughty squirrels! Does 10 miles away mean that they will let them loose on someone elses roof! Get thee to the gym woman and be done with it. It's only 45 mins out of the rest of your life - which may well become longer if you exercise! Now there's a thought that came out of left field.

Mellie - come out of the dawg house. You're doing okay!

I moved in last night. No soap in the place, but at least there are toilet rolls. I will have to now find a supermarket. There is no , tea or milk. No bread - no anything apart from 2 packets of cup a soup. But at least I am in.

It's cold and wet again in Perth. If this keeps up, I am off to buy some thermal underwear. I suppose I should not complain, it is the middle of winter and can only get better from here on in (she hopes)

Anyway, I'd better go and sort out the day, get the rooster and the chick organised and then go find out what is going on.

See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:20 AM   #215  
Happy September

CEEJAY...MEN HAVE VERY CONVENIENT MEMORIES HOPE BUD FEELS MUCH BETTER AND COMES BACK SO YOU CAN GET BACK ON SCHEDULE.

MEADOW~ I WILL BRING TH CHIANTI NEXT TIME YOU MAKE THE FAVA BEANS. I HAVE NEVER HAD THEM. I AM TRYING MY BEST TO BEHAVE WITH ALL THESE HOTTIES RIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!! BESIDES WHEN I DROOL, IT MAKES MY MAINTENANCE MEN JEALOUS

SHAD~ CAN'T WAIT FOR JEN TO SEE ALL THE PICS. I LOVE THE WINTER SHOTS OF COURSE...THE ONE WITH XMAS LIGHTS! STAY WARM AND DRY WHEN YOU CAN. BIG CHANGE FROM ALL THE HEAT! VERY GLAD YOU ARE MOVED IN AND HAPPY SHOPPING!

I WILL GO FOOD SHOPPING AT THE END OF THE WEEK WHEN I AM ASSURED OF A BETTER DRIVER. THEY CALL ME CHICKEN BUT I HAVE NO INTENTION OF TAKING ANY CHANCES OF GETTING HURT AGAIN. THAT MEMORY STILL LINGERS IN MY MIND THE WEATHER IS GORGEOUS AND EVERYTHING IS ALL CLEAN AND GREEN FROM YESTERDAY'S RAINS. GOING TO GET OFF HERE IN A FEW AND GET AN EARLY RIDE IN. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!
HAPPY TUESDAY
Old 07-24-2007, 07:57 PM   #216  

You and me huh Mel?

It's raining again in Perth. Was nice and dry walking down the hill this morning and I turned the corner towards the office and the wind blew and the rain fell down in bucket loads and it was freezing! I really do not appreciate this weather.

Found a small grocery shop last night. I won't be using it often. It is just too expensive. So I still need to find the nearest supermarket and farmers markets etc.

This job is proving challenging too. I don't think I will be taking the broomstick to the trainees, however I think it may come out of it's corner with some of the 'business analysts and consultants'. One in particular got up my nose yesterday. Today we will have a frank and meaningful discussion. I don't mind being given directions, I don't mind having to ask for information, I do not like being told that I have to do things a certain way because they have always done it like that - that's why they are in the mess they are in.
I am compiling a list of questions and won't leave the desk until they are answered satisfactorily.

Anyway, I'll be back later to check up on the doings. I checked Ruth's SB thread yesterday, appears she may have to get a new computer as well as modem. She is posting once in a while from the fairground but is limited in time there. She will no doubt be back.

Glad you are enjoying the screensavers Mel. It's almost better than being there as you get to see it in all weathers. I wish I could have been there for the Saturday night fireworks and water and lighting displays. Still it gives me an excuse to go back I guess.

Right - time to get moving. I'll be back later.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #217  
Happy September

ARE WE ON THE RIGHT THREAD? HAVE THEY ALL GONE TO A NEW AUGUST ONE AND LEFT US BEHIND SHADDIE? I HAD TO COME HERE AND CHECK WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT IT BEING JUST YOU AND ME KID!
HOPE YOU GET ALL THE ANSWERS YOU WANT FROM THE DESKMAN. SEEMS TO BE THAT KIND OF WEEK. I DID GET ONE GOOD NEWS...BALA TOLD ME TONITE WHEN HE LEFT THAT THE BIG MEETING HAS BEEN POSTPONED AND HE AND THE CREW DON'T NEED TO WORK WEEKENDS AND WILL NOT BE BACK FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS!
HOPEFULLY MY WEEKENDS WILL BE MY OWN....OR AT LEAST 2 OF THEM ANYWAY! DID YOU FIND THE LONG JOHNS YET? ARE THEY BRIGHT RED WITH A TRAP DOOR IN THE BACK? THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON RUTH. I HATE TO GO BROWSING AROUND AND USE THE EYES. TOO BAD ABOUT THE PRICES OF FOOD AT THE STORE. IS IT CHEAPER TO GO ELSEWHERE AND SPEND $$ ON GAS? LATELY JEN AND RICHIE HAVE BEEN WEIGHING THE PROS AND CONS ABOUT MILK, BREAD, CIGGIES AND WINE.(all the necessary evils) NOT WORTH GETTING THE CAR AND GOING.
ENJOY YOUR DAY!!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #218  

As far as I know we are still on this thread. Haven't gone to August in Afghanistan or Albania or somewhere else equally exciting.

No thermals yet, but I may just go out at lunchtime and buy some. I'd better look at some woolly jumpers as well. Guess the WA sheep are getting nervous that they may be sheared in winter this year.

Tell R & J that they can get the bread and milk at the corner store. Wine store is just down the road. Don't need a ciggie store!!!! Just ask the bird.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:23 AM   #219  

Default i really cant keep up

good morning to all you wonderful ladies

I finally got my head together enough to post a reply and after just 5 minutes back reading ,i admitted defeat and just thought id post ,Shads been on an American tour ,Mel is still wonderful darling Mel, someones dog ate all the cake {can i borrow formentioned dog ??? mine wouldnt dare go near my chocolate and it badly needs to disappear} and so much more .
After what seems to be horrid year of everything really im kinda getting there and the most important thing was to get back in contact with my friends,ive thought about you all so many times ,christopher has developed into a very clever young man ,not to mention horrid ,messy ,wild ,sadistic and very very cheeky lol
ill e-mail mel or shad some piccies soon
Mel he still has his tiger it sleeps with him every night ,and also the blanket that came with the recieving set you bought him
Anyway eldest son has been fed and watered after his nightshift ,middle son is on school holiday so is in bed hubbys morning for a lie in so hes in bed and im off to clean something that christopher will mess up 5 minutes after i do it,and no he still doesnt sleep all night
bye for now
love to all
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:22 AM   #220  

Linus - great to hear from you. Just made my day today.

And WTF it is still raining in Perth.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:25 AM   #221  

I've been keeping up with the reading.... but like Linus, sometimes feel I must either wait or punt as far as doing justice in a reply.
Linus-- I am very glad to see your post... I'm sorry the year has continued to be such a difficult one for you... I think being home with small children was the biggest challenge to MY sanity I ever attempted. It's not really what I'm cut out for. At least they keep changing and growing up.

If somebody has a chance, can they re-post the link to Shad's photos?

Mel-- Yeah, I "should" go to Curves EVERY day.... but today I had 6 clients and a 2.5 hour art class.... wasn't time + energy. but in a minute I'll actually get in bed... then do it over... but tomorrow is only 2 clients with plenty of mid-day time for Curves.

I'm back on the "worry-about-income" carousell... have a client who thinks he's "done" with me... was a significant chunk of income.... Trolling for clients isn't my favorite part of this business!!

TTFN.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:21 AM   #222  
Happy September

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELODY525 View Post
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/559895253LsGnFQ

THIS IS THE ADDIE FOR SHAD'S BUTTERFLY HOUSE PICTURES. ENJOY
PW~ I FOUND THE POST AND BROUGHT IT HERE. I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM MYSELF YET. WAITING FOR A BETTER EYE DAY. GO CURVES GO!! WISH I COULD GET TO CURVES AND BUY ME A FEW!!!

LINUS~ OMG I NEAR FELL OUT OF THE CHAIR. I HAVE BEEN THINKING OF ALL OUR LOST GIRLS. SO GLAD TO SEE YOU THIS MORNING. FANCY THE ELDEST DOING THE NIGHT SHIFT! HE WAS A CHEEKY BUGGER TOO. DOES HE REMEMBER AUNT FANNIE? YOU BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE WITH CHRIS. WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE....AND THE TIGER TOO!! GOD BLESS THE BUNCH OF THEM AND YOU AS WELL.

MY ADVICE TO PW AND LINUS IS THIS....WHEN THE MOOD STIKES AND YOU CAN POST PERSONALS ALONG WIHT YOUR OWN POST...THEN FINE. BUT IF YOU CAN ONLY POST TO KEEP CONTACT WITHOUT THEM...THEN FINE TOO. WE ALL DON'T HAVE IT TO "GIVE" TO EACH OTHER EVERYDAY. THERE ARE DAYS YOU NEED EVERYTHING YOU HAVE JUST FOR YOURSELVES.
AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I THINK YOU GALS ARE SAYING.

SHAD~I'D LIKE TO SMACK THEM AND THEIR CIGGIES FUNNY THAT PERTH IS SO COLD. I WAS GOING TO GIVE YOU A SCARF AS A GIFT WHEN YOU WERE HERE AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A SILLY IDEA WITH THE TROPICAL CLIMATE. SHOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU SOME JUMPERS ALONG WITH IT!!!!!!!!!
HOPE THE RAIN STOPS REALLY A SHAME IT'S NOT SNOW!!! lol3:

OK NOW THAT I HAVE HAD FUN WITH SHADDIE AND WINTER ICONS AND FINISHED MY BREAKFAST, I CAN GET ON WITH THE DAY. I AM ALMOST AFRAID TO BRAG BUT MY FACE IS MUCH IMPROVED.....FOR 3 DAYS NOW.
THE EYES ARE A BIT TRICKIER AND JUST DON'T LIKE THE COMPUTER. BUT I WAS ABLE TO FINISH THE OLD HARRY POTTER BOOK. ON TO THE NEW ONE! MAYBE HARRY SHOULD BE USED BY SHRINKS AROUND THE WORLD AS AN EXAMPLE. MY LIFE COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE AS BAD AS HIS....SOMEONE IS ALWAYS TRYING TO KILL HIM! WINDOWS ARE CLOSED IN EXPECTATION OF THE HUMID DAYS AHEAD. I SAT OUTSIDE WITH SAL BEFORE HE LEFT TO GO HOME AND THE WEATHER WAS TO DIE FOR. A VERY LOVELY LATE AFTERNOON.
THE SCALE IS READING 184.5 AND THAT'S GREAT CAUSE IT WAS NEARER 188 ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO. I HAVE DONE 2 THINGS. ONE IS TO FOLLOW THE OLD PLAN AND THE OTHER WAS TO REJOIN AN OLD GROUP STILL USING THE PLAN. IT WAS A SUCCESSFUL COMBO THEN AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE NOW. MIGHT EVEN GET BACK INTO THE 170'S
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY
Old 07-25-2007, 08:29 AM   #223  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Mornin chicks - I'm back

Seems the answer to our cable problems lie with a shredded connector at the utility box. Was it vandalism or did the lawn service mow it down? Either way we are back up and running again. The service technician told us that we should not have had to wait 8 days for service. What can you do when the people you call tell you that? DH will be a stern letter to the cable people.

I am still working long hours and getting in late at night. These 8pm dinners are not good for my waistline either but I hope I won't have this schedule too much longer. I breezed through the posts last night - I couldn't respond because my key board broke - the end of a very long and trying day. When I'd type it would type a whole bunch of extra letters so Hi came out like lhHixeji.

Don't have much time to post this morning as I need to jump in the shower but it was good catching up with you. I missed being here.

Hello Mel - I see your egg light on and as usual you're above my head typing away Take care of your health, ok?

Stay warm Shad -seems you are back in winter's grip. Use that fleece jacket you got in the Rockies.

Keep doing well on the exercise Painter. Hope you don't lose your client but I suppose they can be finicky.

Meadow I can just see you blowing bubbles in the back yard Have fun!

Linus so good to hear from you again. You poor woman, no rest for you, eh? We are all connected if through nothing more than our thoughts. Have been thinking of you too. I am in awe of Mel's magical powers to unearth some of our long lost friends. Don't be such a stranger Linus.

Ceejay, Madcat, Carla, Holly - a quick drive by and a cuz everyone needs one. Apologies in advance if I missed someone. It's off to the salt mine for me. Catch you tonight -hopefully...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #224  
Happy September

HELLO HAPPY!!! LET'S SIT LATER AND HAVE A CUPPA BUT DON'T TELL CARLA! GLAD THE CABLE GUY FOUND THE PROBLEM AND SORRY IT TOOK 8 DAYS!!!!!! TELL DH TO GIVE IT TO THEM GOOD!! THEY DESERVE A GOOD THRASHING
I HOPE YOUR HOURS GET BETTER TOO!! SENDING SOME HUGS BACK YOUR WAY!!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #225  

Hello all - I see Mel's egg is lit. No post right now - my cottage friend is in town and I hear stirrings from the guest room. Will catch up later, this evening after she heads back to her lake. Not much to tell anyway - have been a bad girl, not sticking with the diet, and deserve a good . Back on board the diet train tonight.
Bye for now.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote