Old 07-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel--Rest your eyes. I've had cyst's but not in my eye.

Happy-Don't feel bad about working. I'm working in place of a co-worker who had emergency on Sunday. I was told this morning that I would be working Thursday and Friday and have Saturday and Sunday off.

Holly- I see your egg light on. Are you still busy as a beaver?

Madcat-Good to see you. I'm so happy to hear that your sister is doing well.

Carla--tell the bad Carla good bye.I wish there were a diet doctor here. He would make a fortune.

Shad--take it easy. Delayed flights ugh. So far I've been lucky. Get a good night's sleep.

Ruth-- hello

Got home last night and the house was warm. I usually leave the ceiling fans on to cirulate the air. Went to check out the a.c. The thermastat was blinking. I started to go to Walmart and by some more batteries for it. But something in the bathroom caught my eye. Checked the thermastat again and sure enough it hadbeen turned off. I'd forgotten about the maintenance men coming back to clean the a.c. yesterday.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #167  

Heard the best line on that Victoria Beckham show.

" It is exhausting being this fabulous."

Definitely will be borrowing that one!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:24 PM   #168  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Ahhh, this place has a very annoying program which insists you take breaks at set intervals. It just managed (or rather I did because I didn't think about it) to log me right out of the system and I lost my long and witty post!.

Back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:29 PM   #169  

Madcat, lovely to hear from you, and so glad things are going well with your sister. We'd all love to have you back more regularly, but you take whatever time you need for yourself and your loved ones.

Mel, so sorry to hear the eye has gone on the blink again. Not to mention the slight jump on the scale. Any chance the chinese food had anything to do with it?

Shad, if it's too cold in your Perth, you can always come warm up at our Perth (about 50 k from here). Bummer about the lost post! I feel your pain. As for the cheese slicer, what do they look like? I have one that looks sort of like a spatula with a slot in it to slice/shave pieces off.

Ruth, you came to Ottawa and didn't drop in for tea and crumpets?! I'm deeply, deeply wounded especially since you had a little excursion to Domus. I can always find something to buy there. My cottage visit is to Quebec, so I won't be dropping into Delta Fair. But no guarantee I won't visit before it's over.

Meadow, I think you're having some pretty hot weather out there - the perfect chance to make good use of the pool. There may not be much swimming on my cottage visit - it may be hot and muggy, but they're threatening thunderstorms. I foresee a few days of excess, with no redeeming exercise.

Ceejay, has your new bed frame arrived yet? I don't know what I'd do without a frame - where would my cats spend their day?

Happy, fingers crossed that your schedule will ease up one of these days. No one deserves soggy tuna for dinner.

Holly, how was the camping weekend? to you too.

Painter, I hope you've been managing to get back on track. I'm a little concerned myself that my planned mini-break from dieting may make it hard to get back on program. But I've found that it's actually pretty hard to put on more than a pound in three days, although the scales often say otherwise while the salt and fat levels are still high. My goal is to stay where I am now.

Well, I didn't get to the balance ball class today, but I did get a lot accomplished, including buying stuff that didn't fit all that well and has to go back - to three different stores. Maybe it would have been smarter to just try stuff on while I was in the stores, whaddya think? On the positive side, I rode my bike to my diet doc's. Since I underestimated the distance just a tich, it was a little more aerobic than planned. Total round trip mileage: 19 k. Tomorrow I'll be sore where I sit, which won't matter too much as I'll probably spend some of the evening self-medicating...
I may not be able to post until I get back home, Saturday at the latest. No internet at the cottage. If I get up early enough tomorrow I'll try to stop in before I head out.
Time for bed. Night all!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #170  

Okay - let me try this again. I've managed to temporarily disable the little bugger!

Mel - your poor eye. I've heard that cysts, styes etc are a by product of a missing vitamin or mineral. Maybe some research needs to be done. Meantime take it easy and keep on keeping on.
There is a parcel (actually two) winging their way to you. This is the one I mean't to send from Alyangula (Groote) but never came to terms with the Post Office hours. You should get something in 6 - 8 weeks considering the length of time it takes to get things from one place to another these days.

Madcat - Good to hear from you and it's lovely to know that you might be able to post more often. Glad that the sister is coping well with the treatment.

Gotta go to lunch. I'll be back to continue the saga of Shad shortly.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:43 AM   #171  

Madcat - Great news about your sister.
Mel - Sorry about your cyst... I take it this is WAY beyong a stye or challazion. Poor dear.

Tomorrow is my WI day.. I've been better than usual, still recording food-- still getting to Curves... although I have need SO much more sleep than I used to. Don't understand that. Tonight I went to a figure drawing class (live, nude model!!!) and wonder if I'll be able to lift my arm tomorrow. When was the last time YOU held your arm up for nearly 2 1/2 hours straight? (Sketching position!) Managed to hold me own and not be embarassed by my drawings, the model's state of undress, or the idea of b.o.d.y.
TTYL
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:07 AM   #172  

I came back!!

Ruth - that vege wrap sounds good. I might even have to come back for one of those, but however long a flight it was before, it is now longer so I'll take a little time. Tell them to save me one.
Hope everything went okay for H and that the girls performed well on their duties. Give them a bit pat from me.
What are you going to do with the currants? Nice glaze on a venison steak? Jam? Relish or chutney? Ymmmm.

Happy - doesn't seem to matter much about what work your doing or how new you are at it, it always seems to multiply just when you think you have it straight. Work - it's the curse of the drinking class!!! Try putting that coating on the chicken the night before. It really sinks in and gives off more flavour to the dinner.

Ceejay - just be grateful that the maintenance man came. Shock horror a tradie that actually arrived. Miracles do sometimes happen.

Holly - I can believe that quote from Victoria Beckham. Crikey she's a snob. Glad I will never have to work for her!!!!!!

Carla - Perth is actually quite warm considering it is the middle of winter here. Not too bad at all. Cheese Slicer - see pic attached. One side slices thin, one side slices thick.
Get thee to the balance class/ ball class/ pilates class (strike out that which is not applicable)

Painterwoman - glad you added that bit about the sketching arm. I was beginning to think you were the nude model!

I have put an application in for an apartment. It's about 10 minutes walk away from work. I'll let you know how it goes.

Right gotta get out of here. Another interminable meeting coming up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cheese slicer.jpg (2.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #173  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RUTH~ GOOD LUCK WITH BOTH H AND THE CURRANTS.

HAPPY~ I KNOW IT'S A BUSY TIME SO LET'S WAIT TILL WE ARE BOTH MORE RELAXED. I WILL BE A HAPPIER PERSON TOO IN A WEEK OR TWO.

MADCAT~ GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE SISTER SENDING FOR BOTH OF YOU AND YOUR FRIEND.
WE HAVE MISSED YOU ALSO.

CEEJAY~ LEAVE IT TO A MAN TO TURN THE BLOODY THING OFF GOOD THING YOU LOOKED AGAIN. SAVED A TRIP!!

HOLLY~ THAT SHOULD BE THE CHICK'S MOTTO.

CARLA~ HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE COTTAGE! FUNNY ABOUT THE BIKE RIDE! WOW! HOPE THE BUND FEEL BETTER AFTER THE SELF-MEDICATING

SHAD~ HOPE YOU GET THE APARTMENT. MANDATORY BREAKS AND LUNCHES!! I THINK WE NEED THAT HERE TOO!! SORRY ABOUT THE POST THOUGH. IF I HAD A COMPUTER THAT SHUT DOWN I WOULD HAVE LESS EYE PROBLEMS. I FORGOT TO SAY THAT THESE "CYSTS" ARE ACTUALLY PART OF THE ROSACEA. IT HAS YET TO LEAVE MY EYES AND GO INTO REMISSION. ( OFFICIALLY CALLED PUSTULES BUT I REALLY HATE THE SOUND OF THAT WORD )TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS

PW~ WHEN YOU SAID THE ARM POSED....I THOUGHT THE NUDIE MUST HAVE BEEN YOU!!! WOULDN'T IT BE WONDERFUL IF ALL OF US FELT COMFORTABLE NAKED INFRONT OF AN ART CLASS?! HAPPY DRAWING. SLEEP HEALS THE BODY AND MIND.

LOTS OF WET STUFF FALLING DOWN FROM THE HEAVENS THIS MORNING. PUTTING A KABOSH ON THE DESTRUCTO'S MORNING. THEY'RE ALL WALKING AROUND GETTING WET AND DOING NOTHING
I MYSELF AM WATCHING TV AGAIN TODAY AND GETTING BORED ALREADY.BUT I MUST PERSERVERE!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Carla, the bed frame came after work yesterday. It really looks good.

Ruth-- I hadn't thought about a veggie wrap. I might try one of those
tomorrow.

PainteWoman-- good luck with the wi tonight. Cute story about the nude model. Rest your arm today.

Mel- you are a nearly bird this morning

The new bed frame is awesome. I also bought some shelves to fill a blank wall. I'm taking my exercise bike ou ot my bedroom and putting itin he spare bedroom

I'm eating no meat, no eggs, no dairy today due to preparation of the Heart Health test tomorrow. I'll start fasting at 8.00 p.m.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #175  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

MEL, I still haven't picked the damned currants. If I wait long enough. they'll rot and fall of the bushes and I can take it off my job list!

I'm going out to do it NOW!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #176  
Come on Spring!

Well, they have fallen off the bushes! I just made a note to get off my butt earlier next year. They are way back at the treeline, not a place I go often. However, I do have peppers, green onions, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, several different lettuces, basils and parsleys plus green and yellow zucchini so I won't starve without currants. The choke cherries are nearly ready so I'll make sure I pick those early next week.

MEL, I hope that eye crud clears up fast for you. Delightful description!!!!

So nice to hear from Madcat. It'll be nice to get re-acquainted - I've sort of opted out of the Journals - too time-consuming.

Ceejay, no milk, dairy or eggs? Why? Will one day's eating affect the test? Maybe you should pop over for supper tonight - I've tons of veggies.

Shad, how long will you be in Perth again? The Aussie/Canuk wedding is postponed and Joan is pushing me to go with her when she visits the maybe groom's parents. By the way, I met him and he's yummy!

Carla, enjoy the vacance. I hope the black flies and skeeters aren't too bad in the Gatineau. My son has a cottage near Blue Sea Lake that I must visit but I am dreading a buggy weekend.

Meadow and Happy big Dogs are screaming for their supper so their slave has to sign off! Spoiled rotten brats!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #177  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi chicks.

Last night I kept getting server busy messages and I couldn't post. Today DH called and said the cable and the TV went out. Don't know for how long. Don't know when they will fix it. If it's a wide spread outtage it could get fixed in a day or two - if it's a problem with just our house - might take a week before they even INVESTIGATE it. This is a problem as DH works from home and needs the cable connection. Guess after 2 and a half years he needs to find the local work office. However, since he can't get on the cable modem, he can't get into the company secured intranet and look up offices told him the last time this happened he needed to find the local office so he could go park himself there in the event of an outage. Guess he thought things would be resolved quickly.

Gee - what will I do without TV or the computer? Hmm I can weed outside, finally hem the 3 pairs of pants that need fixing, exercise (Lord I'm too tired for that when I finally drag myself in at night - late to boot). I could clean out closets, clean out my PC for that matter - get rid of old files clogging up the works. Perhaps I should have the cable go out more often.

And this supports my argument against getting rid of the land line telephone and going internet. No internet. No phone. Yes, we have cell phones but don't get good reception in the house - have to go outside to use them which is not a good thing in the wet winters here.

Anyway, I don't like to use this site at work so I will finish this off. Just wanted to let you know why I might not be around for a bit. Hopefully things will be fixed quickly take care all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #178  

Morning all, quick post since I am about to be taught how to suck eggs. Actually I volunteered to go. It is always good to keep ones knowledge up to date.

Ruth I am in Perth until January. I have an apartment with two bedrooms. You can stay with me for the time you are in Perth - no dogs tho'. Not allowed in the complex.

Happy - hope the cable/tv/intenet gets fixed IMMEDIATELY. How unlike DH not to check out the lay of the land before he gets into trouble. Maybe he needs to go to an Internet cafe that is working.

Mel - rest up and look after yourself.

Hello to the rest of you - I'm off to level one to learn how to train adult learners.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:13 AM   #179  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I SKIMMED THRU THE POSTS. SORRY BUT I NEED TO GO FOOD SHOPPING AND THAT OUGHT TO REALLY HELP MY EYES! SO I THOUGHT I BETTER POST SOMETHING NOW!

I WON'T COMMENT TODAY BUT TO SAY TO HAPPY~ WE WERE TOLD AFTER 9/11 TO MAKE SURE WE HAVE A LANDLINE....AND I WILL TELL YOU THAT IT CAME IN HANDY EVERYTIME THE ELECTRIC GOES OUT....I AM SOMETIMES THE ONLY ONE WITH A LANDLINE!! EVERYONE HAS GONE TO RECHARGABLES!!

OK GOTTA RUN. SORRY THE CURRANTS FELL OF MIS RUTH'S BUSHES!! AND HOPE SHAD DOES WILL IN THE LEVEL ONE SANDBOX!! PLAY NICE WITH THE BOYS SHADDIE....THEY'RE A BIT MORE FRAGILE THAN WE ARE!!
HAPPY THURSDAY!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #180  
Come on Spring!

What a way to start the day! We had a bad T-storm early this morning and a tree fell in my lane! Luckily it missed my car. So I put on my lumberjack stuff, fired up my trusty electric chain-saw and hacked it up. Sometimes it feels really great to do a "man's job". Kevin came by and I did accept his offer to take the branches away.
The Doggage and I are due at the vet shortly so I'm outta here.