Old 07-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Talking It's Jumanji in July for the Worldly Chicks

Ok chicks. Here we are. June was probably one of the most fun months since I've been on the boards of 3FC. Sorry to see it come to an end but all things must as life presses on.

By popular vote you have selected Jumanji as our next destination. Since I have a house full of company right now - I'll let the others set up the background.

I will however offer the line "lions and tigers and bears - OH MY!

Take us away ladies...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:06 AM   #2  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking Happy Canada Day!!!!!!!!

HAPPY I LOVE THE NEW AVATAR!! I'LL BE RIGHT OUT AND PLAY AS SOON AS I POST!!! GUESS I WILL HAVE TO GOOGLE JUMANJI!! I DO RECALL A LOT OF FEROCIOUS ANIMALS!! I WOULD MUCH RATHER BESIDE YOUR POOL!!!! WE SHOULD HAVE MADE IT JULY AT JAPPY'S I AM SURE MOM WOULD HAVE LOVED THE COMPANY!!

HOLLY~ HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!

CARLA~ GLAD YOU GOT BACK HOME SAFE AND SOUND. A LOT OF SECURITY IS VERY TIGHT NOW WITH THE LONDON/GLASGOW CRAP. OUR WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. YOU AND SHAD LEFT AT A PERFECT TIME....BEFORE ANY MORE SH*T HITS THE FAN!!!
ENJOY THE REST OF THE WEEKEND AND GLAD BIG SUR WENT SO WELL.

SHAD~ WELCOME HOME TO YOU ALSO! VERY HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR TRIP WAS UNEVENTFUL. CRAZY THINGS HAPPENING OUTSIDE IN THE REAL WORLD. I AM THINKING M ORE AND MORE OF BECOMING A HERMIT FOR REAL!!! ENJOY THE NEW LIGHTING AND SAFE TRIP TO GROOTE!!

MEADOW~ SORRY ABOUT THE OLD PC BUT WHAT A GREAT EXCUSE TO GET SUCH A FABULOUS NEW ONE!! 27" SCREEN!!! WOW!!! VERY NICE!! GOOD LUCK WITH IT AND YOU BEST GET A NEW SURGE PROTECTOR!!! ALTHOUGH I SOMETIMES WONDER IF THEY REALLY WORK OR ARE WE ALL BEING FOOLED!! ANYWAY....HAVE FUN PESTERING THE SISTERS!!! I ALSO LOVE THE SUMMERTIME GRAPHIC EVERY TIME I SEE IT!

RUTHIE~ I WILL FACE NORTH TONITE AND LOOK FOR YOUR COLORFUL DISPLAY!! THANKS FOR THE INVITE!! GOOD LUCK AND IF WE DON'T SEE YOU MONDAY THEN WE KNOW YOU BECAME A ROADIE/GROUPIE!!! SEX ON THE ROAD....CAN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!!!

THINKING OF CEEJAY AND PAINTER AND MADCAT

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY. I ONLY USE THE A/C AT NIGHT. TOMORROW IT WILL HAVE TO GO BACK ON REGUARDLESS OF THE WEATHER. 8AM THE MEN ARRIVE. TOO BAD CAUSE THE WHOLE WEEK LOOKS GREAT. WE ARE ENJOYING THE LOVELY WEATHER FROM CANADA! THANKS GALS! THE NEWS WAS SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF ME SO I AM WATCHING NANCY DREW B&W MYSTERIES INSTEAD. THE GRANSON AND I LOVE HER!!
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY TO ALL!! FEEL FUNNY NOW WITH SHADDIE BACK ON HER OWN TIME!!!

HAPPY CANADA DAY TO OUR NORTHERN FRIENDS!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-04-2007 at 09:39 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:08 AM   #3  
Happy September

Jumanji is the title of a 1981 children's book written and illustrated by Chris Van Allsburg. It was made into a 1995 film of the same name. Both the book and the movie are about a magical board game that implements real animals and other jungle elements as the players are playing the game. The troubles which the players have to overcome appear in real life, not only in the board game.

The word "Jumanji" is a Zulu word that means "many effects".

Fritz, a pit bull in all of Chris Van Allsburg's books appears as a toy dog on wheels in the third illustration.

"THE PLOT":
Judy and Peter's parents are going out to an opera. They tell the brother and sister to keep the house neat when they get back because they're going to have company. The two are bored after the parents leave. They head outside to the park. Under a tree, they find a game that says on the box: "Jumanji: A Jungle Adventure. Free game. Fun for some but not for all. P.S Read instructions carefully." They head home with the box to find a very ordinary looking game board inside. The game starts in the jungle, and ends in a golden city named Jumanji. Judy reads the instructions, which say:

A. Player selects piece and places it in the deepest jungle.
B. Player rolls dice and moves piece ahead that many spaces.
C. the first player to reach Jumanji and call out its name wins.
D. VERY IMPORTANT: ONCE A GAME OF JUMANJI HAS BEEN STARTED, IT WILL NOT BE OVER UNTIL A PLAYER HAS REACHED THE GOLDEN CITY.
Peter starts the game by rolling a seven and unleashes a lion that tries to attack him. The lion, luckily, is locked in a room. Judy goes, rolls an eight, and releases a bunch of monkeys that mess up the kitchen. Peter then causes a monsoon that floods the house. Judy then releases a tour guide that is lost. Peter is then put to sleep by a tsetse fly. Judy rolls the dice and creates a rhino stampede that destroys the house. Peter's next roll releases a deadly python. Judy can finish the game if she rolls a twelve. She rolls the dice, they land on six and six and Judy's piece reaches the end, and she yells out, "JUMANJI!" Soon, a mist surrounds the house, and when it fades, the house is back to normal. Judy and Peter return the game into its box and put it back near the tree. Later on, when the adults are talking, Judy and Peter see Danny and Walter, two of the parents' friends' children, walking home with the game. They comment that they wonder how the boys will do since they usually ignore instructions.

HOPE THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH!!
HAPPY IS RIGHT....LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS....OH MY!!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-04-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I really haven't a clue what Jumanji is all about so will have to do some brain stretching this month. Thanks for the start, MEL.

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian chicks - and those who wish they were Canadian! It is a wonderful country and I'm privileged to live in a beautiful part of it.

I did not run away with a Country Rock star...yet! I think I'm holding out for Tim McGraw who couldn't make it - to the show, I mean!

The shows were very good - what I could see of them. I spent most of my day (and evening!) checking people's ID and putting on admission bracelets. We had t-storms, mud, lost kids, people trying to bring in booze, a fight in the beer tent, one ambulance call (not serious), cute cops and security guys, the sweet scent of Mary Jane, lost keys and two admission bracelets lost in the port-a-pottie. (Don't ask!) I did take a 90 minute break at home to tend my darling dogs and then went back. I hadn't planned to go back but sure was needed. 3409 people paid admission at $20 for the two days so we raised a lot of money and that doesn't include the share of the beer tent bucks! (My safe is fullish and I made sure my doors were locked last night!) There'll be more admissions today and more beer sold, of course, because this is the big day with Canada Day celebration fireworks as the finale. Look north for sure!

I'm off to late Church, will work in a quick visit to Harry and then am back on duty from noon until "the fat lady sings". That's not me this time. I'll probably be backstage "helping" the guys change for the finale. :woowoo:

See yez all later as we say in Delta! ;wave:

By the way, one of the MOD perks is being able to close threads so I'll close the Joyous June one. Why? Because I can! )
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:07 PM   #5  
Happy September

IF I SHOULD DISAPPEAR TOMORROW, I WENT TO WALMARTS AND OUT TO LUNCH. HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!!

home SHAD & CARLA!
Old 07-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #6  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I'll be disappearing at the Super Target tomorrow. Mel and I will check at day's end to see who got the better bargains.

It's almost over but a Happy Canada Day as Ruth said to all Canadians and those who wish they were. Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music!

Aha - if today is Sunday and it's the first of the month - that means we have a Friday the 13th this month.

Sounds like you had quite the adventurous day Ruth. Be prepared for anything I suppose. Did you have fun helping the guys get dressed? Glad to hear you raised alot of money. Hope the rain parted the clouds for some nice fireworks.

I like your dancing donkey too Mel. Good job on finding a Canda Day icon. You're going to rival Meadow for the good graphics. Thanks for the explanation, still don't know what Jumanji is - just let me know when it's my turn and what I'm supposed to do What men are coming in at 8am tomorrow? Did I miss something or does this have to do with the construction?

We were supposed to go downtown today but we got crashing boomer thunderstorms. The boys went to the Gibson guitar factory tour and the girls headed to the salon to get our nails done. We all look pretty now. Some of the peeps went into the pool in the early evening after the storms left but the rain apparently cooled the water off. Was a bit chilly. I took a nap. Not sure why I'm tired but I am. I think tomorrow will be a quick trip to the store and then hang around the house.

My sister (God love her) brought some real, authentic Italian Beef and gravy from up north. Oh my - it's been sooooo long since I had a good beef sandwich. And the best part is that there's another packet just for me (well me and the DH) even after we shared with everyone else.
Nothing much else to say and I'm yawning so much my eyes are tearing. Time to say goodnight to the cat and see what everyone is laughing at in the other room watching TV.

Night all...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

I have a cold in the nose. Not surprising I suppose, but it is not too bad and I had a wonderful nights sleep - lights out by 9 and not awake until 6.00am. So now I am in Townsville waiting for the connection to Cairns and then onto Gove and Groote. Long way around or as the lady on the Qantas Club desk said - you really are taking the scenic route aren't you??

Still I'm here. Snuffly but here.

Happy so glad you are having a good time with the family. The beef sounds pretty good. Is the BIL behaving this time? Nails done - what's next? Hair?

Mel don't get lost in WalMart. Do you know I haven't been in one yet? I will have to make an appointment for the next time I come over - 1 day at Walmart. Life will never be the same.

Ruth - I have no idea about Jumanji is all about either but I guess we will learn. I don't go to the movies much. Too much else to do I guess.

Well I'd better go get some more fluid in me. Be back if I have time after I've made a few phone calls.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #8  

Happy Canada Day (or Dominion Day, as us oldsters like to call it). A fine day overall, did groceries and had fun at costco which was almost empty because everyone thought it'd be closed, then a short rest before going to dinner at a neighbour's who had a perfect view of the fireworks from her rather chilly balcony. An interesting dinner group, including a rather nice eligible man who I'd like to get to know better... He had to leave early for a flight to England, no idea if he's as available as I thought. Probably gay or interested in skinny young things, but one never knows... The others included an older man who was born and grew up in Zimbabwe, and who had some interesting viewpoints to contribute. Not your every day boring gathering - rather refreshing and good for the little grey cells to dine with a rather intellectual but unpretentious group.

Ruth and Happy, the whole Jumanji thing is just as big a mystery to me as to every one else. Mel suggested it as a joke, and somehow we all got on board. Maybe we should all rent the movie and get with the program? All I know is a lemur hissed at me as I got on the elevator today, so I'll be watching what beasts are lurking as I go about my business...

Happy, I'm so jealous that you're off to Supertarget - I've only been to regular target and didn't get there at all this trip. I did manage Trader Joe's, another favourite... It took me a minute to get it, but I'm on board for Mel's suggestion for July at Jappy's if we need to change - had to find my Spanish persona - after which I laughed my a** off, but would love to be by the pool - and I'd be in every day, given my lower northern temp expectations.

Mel, love your donkey - is he republican or is that the elephant? Can never remember. Enjoy the few days left until our July 5 liftoff... !!!!! And thanks for the Jumanji synopsis. Was Robin Williams the lost tour guide? It'll be noisy here tonight, tomorrow is a holiday, then it'll be back to normal. I feel your pain about the deconstruction starting up again.

Shad, glad to know you're home safe. I'm impressed - could never do the quick turnaraound you have to pull off to get to Groote in time! I still haven't done my laundry... Because of your cat experience in my guest room/office, I'm buying a single inflatable I can postion away from the cat tree and window shelf... Think of yourself as the guinea pig who will make all future guests sleep much better...

Ruth, I'm almost tempted to drive down to Delta to join in the festivities. The urge will no doubt pass by tomorrow, but you never know... then again, maybe it'll all be over after tonight? Would love to meet the doggage... If the urge becomes overwhelming I'll call to make sure there's still something to see. Not that a visit with Hershey and Lucy and Ruth and a little maple syrup shopping wouldn't be more than enough...

Good night ladies. Sleep tight, be well, and may the missing wordlies find their way back to us.

carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #9  

Had I known Shad was a Walmart virgin I'd have found one for her in Gilroy. Dang!! No poutine, no Wally mart - I'm so ashamed. Really didn't do my job...
A code id de nose? Somebody needs to borrow my neti pot and/or my Airborne tablets!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:11 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Hi and good morning! Plus a big WHEW! The Big V Festival was a great success although the techie who was supposed to do the fireworks got drunk and got fired! Oy! The company owner tried very hard to find us someone else but....what can I say? It was Canada Day. Anyhow, darling Prairie Oyster played extra sets for us and nobody was too disappointed.

I fell into bed at two and managed five hours sleep but today will be a quiet day - I hope! I plan to stay in my robe a lot, read and maybe even give the Doggage some quality time to make up for leaving them alone so much.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:50 AM   #11  
Happy September

HAPPY~ YUM ON THE BEEF AND GRAVY. THINK I WILL MAKE A POTROAST WHEN THE KIDS COME BACK. I AM DROOLING RIGHT ABOUT NOW. ENJOY YOUR PERSONAL PACKAGE! HAVE FUN AT SUPER TARGETS!! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ONE OF THEM!

SHAD~ SO SORRY TO HEAR IT REALLY IS A COLD. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON! TOO BAD YOU JUST CANNOT STAY HOME FOR AWHILE, GET BETTER AND GET YOUR BEARINGS BEFORE GROOTE. SIGH. JUST TAKE CARE OF YOU!

CARLA~ DINNER SOUNDED NICE. THE MEN SOUNDED BETTER. HOPE HE IS AVAILABLE!! I FORGET WHAT THE JUMANJI MOVIE WAS ALL ABOUT AND WHO ROBIN WILLIAMS WAS!! GUESS I SHOULD FIND SOMEONE WHO HAS THE INFO OR THE DVD!! ROFLMAO

RUTH~ DID WE EXPECT IT NOT TO BE A SUCCESS WITH YOU INVOLVED??? I AM GLAD IT ALL WENT SO WELL AND HOPE NOW YOU CAN GET A BIT OF A REST YOURSELF. ALTHOUGH I KNOW YOU ARE LIKE ME AND KEEP ON THE GO!! LOL HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH ALL YOUR GOOD THOUGHTS!! TO HARRY AND THE GIRLS ALSO!

I AM WAITING FOR THE BUS. IT'S HERE BUT THE DRIVER ISN'T. THERE SEEMS TO BE A SCHEDULING PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE ON VACATION. SO IF THEY CHANGE THE DESTINATION I AM STAYING HOME. NO NEED TO GO WHERE I WILL ONLY BUY FRIVILOUS STUFF ON THE CREDIT CARD. YES IT WAS THE CONSTRUCTION GUYS THAT I MEANT FOR THE 8 AM SHOWING. THEY ARE HERE AND BANGING AWAY. WINDOWS ARE CLOSED! TOO BAD CAUSE IT IS GORGEOUS OUTSIDE ALREADY! THEY ARE CALLING ME DOWNSTAIRS. I THINK IT'S BAD NEWS....ROFLMAO
THEY DON'T KNOIW THEY ARE SAVING ME 1-2 HUNDRED DOLLARS.
HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE
Old 07-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #12  
Happy September

PS~ IF THE DONKEY IS A REPUBLICAN I BETTER GET HIM OFF THERE!! MY TOWN IS PRO-DEMOCRAT!
Carla...I forget which is which too but now you mention it I think the elephant is democrat?!?! OOPS!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

The donkey IS Democrat. The elephant is Republican.

The only way I know this is that a friend of mine is a Republican congresswoman in Iowa and she keeps getting elephants! Folks think she collects them and she's getting pretty annoyed about it. Maybe she'll send us some for the Jumanji thing.

(My problem with Jumanji is that I keep thinking of Ju-Jubes every time I see the word. I eat the black ones first!)
Old 07-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #14  

Halloo, chickies--
I think I missed most of June. Post-wedding (or advancing decrepitude depression, I think.)

DD surprised me with a visit last week (just after DH took me to S. California for a week) and now I'm back on track. She told me about Calorie King and her system of "if you bite it, write it." So I've been counting and calculating calories for one whole @#$% week, but am down 8 lbs. (It helps that I also am eating pretty much NO sugar, so I lost lots of water weight. :happy: I've also started back to Curves. With the help of exercise and painkillers the "arthritis" symptoms brought on by the post-chemo meds are manageable.
Isn't THAT all cheery?

MEL: I LOVE your Dancing Donkey (better than a jumpy ***, any day!!) Where'd you get him/her? DD loves elephants, but has told everyone she's NOT collecting them because she doesn't want to be mistaken for a Republican, either. (Although we went here and she bought a matching elephant pin and earrings!)

Ruthie: I think a drunken fireworks guy would be very bad news... unless you'd had as much rain as we have. (DH and I live on a little hill, AND Plano apparently hired GOOD civil engineers, so we're fine.)

Shad: I hope you feel better.

Happy Independence to ALL.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #15  
Suzi in Auz

Default I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Hello all...i found you!!!! and you all sound fantastic.
Well i missed most of May and june! I hope everyone had a fabulous one. I hope all the travels and visits were wonderful, there is nothing like being with friends.
I've been hermitting a little in Aus. The weather has been decidedly cool! it's rained and rained which we are not unhappy about as we all desparately need the water in the dams. But the cold wow!
I have had a few things going on in the family. My brothers Cancer is back. He called from Holland. He is having to go through treatment soon.
He has asked me to be a stem cell donor. I have agreed and have started the process to see if I am a match. It's a long process. I have sent bllod samples to Holland and will know in 3-4 weeks whether or not I am a donor.
If so I will be off to Holland. I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
Work has been busy but will come to an end in August. They say that when a door is closed a window is opened. I will possibly have another job lined up but will have to wait and see. The package is being sent to me as I write. It means writing a CV for the first time for years.
Hubby and I are off on a mini break this weekend. We are going to Hayman island. it looks devine and is supposed to be quite luxurious. I am looking forward to some pampering. Grandma is coming to look after the kids. I am a little anxious as she is a clean freak but have just done my best. OUr house is clean but not THAT clean. I guess I should relax a little. I know I would be one if I had a house cleaner I would go around cleaning before she came...hmmm
well all must away as the kids are on vacation at the moment and they will need breakie.
Much love
Suz
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote