Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 09-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 9/6-9/12

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...330#post666330

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:00 PM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Here's this weeks
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
to start your week with - sorry, it's just one instead of the usual two this week.

START THE JOURNEY

When you know that you can do it, you can do it. But how do you get to that point?
How do you know, without a doubt, that you can achieve what you set out to achieve? The only way to truly know is by doing it.

The first step of any journey is always taken on faith. The next step, though, is taken with more certainty and confidence, knowing that the first step has succeeded.

So take that first step, small though as it may be. Once you've started moving, you'll know you can keep going.

Once you know you can do it, success is a matter of taking the time and making the effort. Once you know you can do it, you'll have access to what you need to complete the journey.

The smallest, most seemingly insignificant success can in fact be quite significant. For it will start you on your way to the best you can imagine.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 09-05-2004, 10:03 PM   #3  

Just a quickie - I don't know when I'll be able to get back on - I've got a crap load that was thrown in my lap today very unexpectedly due to the hurricane. BOB said she would explain it to you. I am mentally tired and wanted to get the board started before I hit the bed. Tomorrow is bound to be another crappy day!

I just wanted to say that I miss you guys and trust me, I'd rather be on this board typing away to you all than doing what I have to do - after BOB explains - you'll understand.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 09-06-2004, 11:25 AM   #4  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Morning EVERY BUDDY!!

Poor Debbie...the apartment house that her Mom owns lost its roof and now the people are displaced. It is up to her to refund their rent and their deposits so they can find some place to live. The RED CROSS had to open a shelter for them to sleep in. Debbie's Mom is still in NC so this is all in her lap...She had planned to get back on the board this morning to start back her everyday ritual, but now she doesn't know when she will be back...certainly not until her Mom gets back to take this disaster over.

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:08 PM   #5  
Goddess

Wink Good Monday Morning!

I'm home all safe and sound. . . but exhausted! Now awaiting the remnants of Francis. She seems to be headed our way. The wind is already kicking up outside and we have flood warnings for late tonight and tomorrow.

My heart and thoughts go out to all our FLA friends--I'm thinking that enough is ENOUGH!

BOB--Thanks for passing on the word about Deb. Please tell her we are thinking about her. Have you survived the storm ok? I'm certain it has helped that UT chalked up its first win this weekend!

Missy--Happy belated birthday! Mine was Friday, so we celebrate together!

Monet--Happy belated anniversary! The dinner sounds yummy!

I appreciate all the good birthday wishes--I have to admit it was a wonderful day! We got to sleep in for the first time all week!. About 10:30 we headed down to SoHo and ChinaTown for some shopping. I bought. . . drumroll please. . .11 (that's ELEVEN) purses! Let's just say I got a great start on my Christmas shopping. I loved walking on Canal street and having someone come up and whister "Hey lady, you looking for LV (Louie Vuitton)?" I'm keeping four purses (actually three purses, one large tote bag), the rest are gifts. But it was fun doing the barganing. Then we had lunch at an outdoor cafe in Little Italy followed by cannoli and coffee at Ferrara's around the corner. After a short afternoon nap, we went to dinner at a steakhouse and oyster bar on 57th street. there were five of us and it was wonderful. All-in-all this has to have been one of my very best birthdays!

The whole week was wonderful actually. The convention was an experience not to be missed! The NYPD was fabulous. They made us feel safe, but were also friendly and enthusiastic. The convention was well organized--they moved us efficiently--I never had to wait to go through the security check points--it was amazing. I have a lifetime of memories and will be all the prouder when we re-elect W in November!

That said, I was still keeping an eye on Francis and worrying about our FLA gals--especially you Gator! Ya'll have been through so much already.

I hope everyone is on the way to a good OP week!

Talk to you soon,
Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:26 PM   #6  

Default Ok, I said I'd start when I got back from vacation....

and that was two weeks ago and I'm still procrastinating. So I decided, though today is a holiday, to start. So I had a big breakfast at 11:30(never hungry in the morning) because we are going to a BBQ and I hear its ribs and pasta salad. So 3 eggs, 3 slices toast and some bacon will hopefully hold me if all I eat is some ribs (which I don't usually eat, very messy when your out and I don't make them) I will do my best.

I've only read back a couple of posts and see that many are affected by all the storms and my heart goes out to all. May you and yours all be safe as that is most important. I know the destruction is devistating, but your health is paramount.

Last edited by DonnaD; 09-06-2004 at 12:29 PM.
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:55 PM   #7  

Good Morning:

I thought I'd jump on quickly and say Happy Labor Day to you all. I've had sick kids here. Britt's cold turned into way worse Friday night and into the weekend. She ended up with the typical cold symptoms, plus a fever and it then moved into her chest. Delaney came down with it yesterday. I now feel guilty that I sent Britt to school on Friday. Her teacher told me that it had been going around for awhile already though. Had she have had a fever on Friday morning she wouldn't have gone. Oh well, water under the bridge. Britt is feeling great today, with the residual cough and Lane is feeling pretty crummy; she's been up since 4 a.m. and can't breathe well enough to take a nap.

With all that though, I managed to get to the gym on Saturday morning, as well as this morning. At 5 a.m., I told my DH that I wasn't going to sleep being at home, so I may as well go be productive and get a workout in. He obliged and got up with Lane and let me go to the gym.

If we can get Lane down for a nap soon, Britt and I are going to make some strawberry banana breakfast muffins. They sound tasty.

I HATE my new pedometer. I took it off Saturday and haven't put it back on. I accidentally dropped it the other day when trying to put it on, and the radio part of it broke. Plus the battery becomes dislodged sometimes, and stops counting my steps. Plus, it does not have the cover on it like my last one, and on Friday evening, I was in making dinner, and leaned against the counter and it said, "all clear." It cleared my steps!! I will have to look into getting another one eventually.

MONET: What is the name of the place you bought your pedometer from off e-bay? I wrote it down and misplaced it. It sounds like a good buy, and all I really need. Forget the fancy schmancy stuff.

Fillise: Welcome back; it sounds like a wonderful trip and an exciting birthday.

Deb: Good luck getting that mess straightened out.

Donna: Welcome back. Good luck with that BBQ; you can do it!!!

BOB, and anyone else I may have missed...howdy.

I haven't read all the posts from last week, and don't know that I will get over there to do so at this time.

I hope to check in tomorrow a.m.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:56 PM   #8  

I posted at the last week's board this morning. Must still be sleepy this morning...lol. Anyway, I copied it and posted below :

Good Monday morning and Happy Labor's Day!!

I did get to sleep in a little. Dd woke up around 8.45am so that was nice. I decided to make banana pancakes today and some scrambled eggs for a yummy start. Now dh and dd are playing "monster" with each other so I have some free time to myself. Nothing plan for today, just hanging out with dh and dd at home mostly. It is slightly windy and cloudy here. Today will be a good day to go out otherwise we will be stucked at home tomorrow and Wed. We are supposed to have lotsa rain (around 4 to 8 inches).

Not sure about the rest of the meals today but should be legal or at least mostly legal. Will be going out to take a walk shortly, need to walk my banana pancakes off...lol.

AS for FIL in West Palm Beach, he already has his electricity restored today. I am so impressed with that considering the damage that was extensive. He said that his neighbor's front porch was blown into his yard and we laughed about thanking his neighbor for the front porch...LOL. Well, I am glad he didn't lose his sense of humour

Some replies :

MONET : You are a women with lotsa different talents. I have no doubts that your arts will be sellable especially once you get to practice more

FRUIT : Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebrating yesterday and have a great Labor's Day!!

Alright, will check in later and Have a good Day everyone!!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:03 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone

It's been very quiet around here this weekend. Most people seem to be away for the last long weekend before the kids go back to school. They all start tomorrow. It was nice to go shopping yesterday and not have to put up with crowded stores. Not much to do to-day as all the stores are closed. Thinking of going out to a movie this afternoon and will be lawn bowling this evening if it doesn't rain. Will see either VANITY FAIR or HERO.

Hope all the Floridians are safe and didn't get too much damage from the storm.

BOB - Thanks for letting us know about Debbie and what's going on. Let her know we are thinking about her next time you talk to her.

Fillise - It's good to see you are back. Sounds like you had a really wonderful birthday.

Keng - Have a good day with dh and dd.

DonnaD - Welcome back.

Pancho - Hope Lane is feeling better soon. Don't feel bad about sending Britt to school on Friday. You weren't to know that her symptoms would develop into a full blown cold.

My movie starts at 1.30 p.m. so I had better get outta here.

Bye for now and Happy Labour Day.

Marie.
Rosalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 02:14 PM   #10  
Bustin' Buddy

FILLISE: HAPPY BELATED TO YOU TOO!!!!

Missy
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 03:26 PM   #11  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everyone, I'm typing this from my Dh's computer as we are without electricity again. Went out Sunday morning about 8 am. when a neighbor's tree fell on a major line. Just wanted to let you know we are OK, although our neighborhood is trashed again. We didn't have many more trees to go down, so we escaped any damage. But there are plenty of other trees down in our neighborhood. I saw the power truck coming into our neighborhood when we were leaving, so maybe I'll have it back when we get home. Now we will have to wait for the cable to be restored. Also noticed that ANOTHER hurricane Ivan is headed for SE USA. UGH. I hope we don't get this one. That would set some kind of record.

Gotta go.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 07:08 PM   #12  

Doing a quick pop in to tell you what's transpiring in my life. As BOB explained, my parents apt house sustained major damage. The west side of the building's roofing literally peeled back, exposing only ply wood. The water started going through the plywood, down in to the 3rd floor units - in to the 2nd floor and down to the first. The ceilings are caving in and falling - people's belongings are totally ruined - places are flooded out. First we had the fire dept show up and they told people they had to get out, then the county bldg inspector came, brought in an electrical inspector. Had to turn off power to those apts effected. Red Cross came to open a shelter for them, though I don't think anyone went, but they had other people from other areas going. Didn't get out of there last night until about 9:45. Oh, and the TV stations have been swarming all last night and all day today. I've been dodging the camera and only would speak to reporters off camera.

Today we got the roofer out to put a temporary roof - he's not even half done, can't tarp it as there's nothing to attach it to and it would only collect more water and possibly make matters even worse - and there's more rain tonight. We have the carpet people out and they are tearing up all the carpeting.

Was able to get a storage place to offer residents who needed a place to store what they could salvage 1/2 price on the first months rent. Found an apt. for them to go where the landlord is going to try and work something out with them on a temporary basis - will know details tomorrow. Have contractors, structual engineers and gawd knows who else coming tomorrow. Have called FEMA too. No one had renters insurance.

Above all this, my grandfather is in the hospital and I can't even go see him, can't even talk to him. PLUS, the hospital is running on a generator I hear, no a/c - he must be miserable - he's not doing well at all and I just want to see him before it's too late. Even if all this crap wasn't happening, many of the roads are impassable to get up there (W. Palm Beach). My Aunt and Uncle who live on the island, haven't been able to get ahold of them - they lost their roof and I don't know what the extent of damage is there. Eli's friend lost everything and is up and moving.

Oh, and I have to fire the maintenance man tomorrow - first time I'm firing someone in my life - maybe I should use Donald Trumps hand gesture?

My mother is hysterical and can't stop crying, she's besides herself. I think I'm doing more than she would be able to do, like knowing to call the storage place. I'm worried that this is effecting her health.

I was there all day today - deodarant stopped working hours ago - it's so hot here and in the apartments, halls, etc. I've been up and down stairs all day long - had to shut down the elevators. I didn't eat a thing all day - the day flew and I had no desire to eat and realized when I started having the shakes that I hadn't eaten (going to make something as soon as I finish this). I will be there tomorrow and every day thereafter. I'm the only one who can authorize and sign contracts and write checks to those who need them. I'm refunding people's rents for the month so they can use it to go elsewhere. Only one person said they MAY not want to come back - everyone else I've talked to loves it there and wants to return. The places are huge and perfectly located.

Now, we have to contend with another possible storm - Ivan - which seems to be headed this way - if this happens, there's definitely going to more damage and more displaced residents.

Lauren just called me in to her room - another report was on about the apt. They even had an arial view of the building from a helicoptor - what a flippin mess.

Well, my intentions on being back on the board are going to have to wait - I've now acquired a new job and this is taking presidence over everything, even the idea that I was going to clean the house - which looks like we had a inside tornado hit - it's a mess after taking Michael to school.

Quick - Michael LOVES Yale and I can see why - it's beautiful there. I loved seeing Sabrina and withouth her, I'd probably still be there unpacking him. She was more help than anyone could ever imagine and even when I told her to stop, she wouldn't! I loved seeing her and she gave me the boost to get back on track and I love her for that!

So, here's a little bit of what's going on - so much more to tell but just no time to do it, I just realized I've had to pee for hours now and haven't gone and it's getting painful, so I'm headed to the urination station and then to get something to eat - going to bed early, I've got another full day ahead of myself tomorrow and it's back to school, so will be up early - even if not school, I'll be up early, so much going on, it was hard for me to sleep last night.

Hope you all are well - I do miss you guys!!!

Debbie
Old 09-06-2004, 08:20 PM   #13  

Got in a bit ago from helping Ruth and Erik move. They are not done, but want to finish up Friday night so Ruth can be up there when she starts at her new store. We moved a lot of furniture and clothes and kitchen stuff. Erik was packing up his plants...he does bonzais and has lots of orchids...to move tomorrow. We went out to lunch...but had a hard time finding a place that was open. We finally ended up at Moe's Southwestern grill. It was ok, filling but not stellar. I really wanted to go back to the Japanese place, but they were closed!

I was going to baby sit for a friends 8 month old tomorrow morning, but she just called me to tell me he is sick, so she is staying home with him tomorrow. Oh well! He is the cutest baby...and he actually likes me. That is more than I can say about the kittens. They like me if I am the only one home. As soon as someone else walks in, they are running off to see them instead! (pout)

DEB: I am sorry you have to deal with this damage. Its good you are so good at it, and are able to fill in for your mom. I can't believe you unpacked for Michael. When I went off to college, my parents bought me a trunk, and a plane ticket. The rest was up to me! I hope Ivan does not hit Florida...seems Frances and Charley were enough for one year!

Catch everyone later!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:16 PM   #14  
Little Engine That Could

OK, our electricity is back on here at our house. We also found that the one remaining laurel oak in our back yard, actually at the end of the yard near the back corner of our house, is ready to fall. The root ball is tipping over and the tree is leaning against another one. So I'm hoping the tree man will give me a good price to remove it. If Ivan comes through, we will have a new hole in our roof if we don't get that tree down now. And I hate even thinking about Ivan. I pray it goes somewhere else.

I lost 1 pound last week. How I did it I don't know because my eating was not good at all. Am hoping to get back on the wagon tomorrow.

My house is a mess. Everything is inside from the porch. There are leaves and junk all over the carpet from where we tracked in. The kitchen needs straightening. Guess I'll have a busy day tomorrow.

Wanted to check in ASA got my electricity and cable. It will be nice to be able to post again. This holiday weekend certainly was a bust here in FL. Things can only get better, (I hope).
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:48 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Default (((((((hugzz))))))))

Howdy ya'll. I am so sorry for those of you going through so much right now. Praying the weather holds and things can start to dry up and return to normal. Praying you get to see your grandpa soon also Deb.

Monet....you kitties sound like my Papa Honey' dog...you can call her and call her and call she won't come. He walks in the room and she is all over him like a chicken on a junebug. Every now and then if you give her enough treats she'll give you a quick kiss...but those are rare...LOL

Julia, Rosalie, Poncho, Jackie-K, Susan, Bob, Sef, Melf, Sabrina, Toni....and everyone else...saying howdy to ya'll too.

Gotta scoot coffee is ready and I sure need a cup.

Love,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote