Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 09-09-2004, 05:10 PM   #46  
Little Engine That Could

Just checking in--I found the plylocks. I called the local store and they just got a big shipment in, so I ran over and bought what I needed. Thanks for letting me vent.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:27 PM   #47  

Good afternoon everyone:

I went and met my sister today and went to the commissary. I was able to find my Starbucks 4-packs for only $3.35 per pack. I also found the Atkins pizzas for $2.99/each; that's better than the $4.99 I paid for the last one I tried. I got some other good deals too.

Brittany lost one of her top teeth today, and she sounds so funny when she talks; it's so hard not to laugh at her. Now she has one on top that's dangling around and she looks kinda goofy (but I wouldn't tell her that). She is so excited.

I took this entire week off of working out, and will start again on Monday; I felt like I needed a break to rest. I am going to a baby shower on Saturday for my friend who is having a baby that has a pre-existing heart condition (the same as Heartmom's Boogie). The doctors told her that the baby only has a 33% chance of survival. She will be leaving for Denver soon, so the baby can either have the required surgeries or a heart transplant. It is going to be tough at the shower, but I know I need to be there.

Not much else going on here.

Fillise: Glad you were able to maintain your wt. while away. I hope that Claritin kicks in soon and gives you some relief.

Monet: I also saw the organic milk at Costco the last time I was there, but they only carry the 2% here. I hope you enjoy your new pedometer; I should be getting my new one any day now.

Gator: I was going to offer to call our Lowe's here to get those clips for you. I am so glad you were able to get some.

Ruby: I wouldn't waste your money on the first book. It has little info., and lots of recipes. They changed a few of the "rules" too. I don't know why you wouldn't be urinating as much as with the other programs as long as you are drinking plenty of liquids. I pee all the time! . I am allergic to wheat too; you can use spelt flour, and make sure the rice and rice pasta are brown rice, and you will be fine. From what I understand, SB is a lot like the Sobe diet, once you get past induction, so you may not be too surprised to find that you will be eating a lot like you were on Sobe.

Kids are calling; I better go!

Take care,
Nat

Heart, Country, Jack-K: Howdy ladies!!
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:42 PM   #48  

Quick check in.

Welcome Ruby! Pancho said what I would say about the book... and its true that SoBe is just Atkins for the first phase and Sugarbusters for the second... Do try and find spelt. Most people who are allergic to wheat can tolerate it.

Here is my menu for today:

B- 3 eggs scrambled with cheese, 3 sausage patties, hot tea
L- 100% juice cranberry juice, orange
S- 2 ak mak squares with cheese
D- hamburger pattie in ww bun, with lettuce, tomato, onion and pickle, broccoli

I am going to go read some before bed. I am feeling somewhat frustrated. I was trying to book a string quartet for tomorrow night, and the orchestra director from the high school was supposed to call me Wednesday and let me know and he never did. I emailed him today, and got no response. Grrr... I have no idea what I am going to do. I had planned on having some kind of nice music for it and a CD just doesn't get it.... sigh.

Sweet dreams everyone!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:20 AM   #49  

Just a quickie to let you all know that I probably won't be around much for awhile. We went down to the lake yesterday and some how some way????? I pulled something in my back. I have never had anything hurt this bad. I can lay down flat on my back, but I can't seem to lift or use my right leg when I am down or sitting. Sitting is very painful unless I am sitting on the edge of my chair, can't seem to put any weight on the lower back to lean back at all. Once I am on my feet both legs work fine for walking.....I can't seem to lift the right one to put my leg into my pants or to cross my legs. I am taking some pain pills and if it doesn't seem to improve in the next couple of days I will get into see my doctor. I just hate to go in if it is just a pulled muscle, because all they will do is give me muscle relaxers and pain pills. But if it doesn't improve I will bite the bullet and go in. Now I know how painful it is to throw your back out....... I will try and pop in when I can sit for a brief time.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 08:03 AM   #50  
Little Engine That Could

Teensy--Get Well!!! I'm so sorry your back is "on the fritz." Go ahead and go to the doctor now. Just pulling a muscle does not affect you quite that much. Maybe you slipped a disc. Get it checked out and end the agony.

We're going up to Gainesville for a couple of days. Gators are playing on Saturday afternoon. We'll be back Sunday and will be boarding up our house then. Looks Florida will get the hat trick with hurricanes this year. I'm beyond numb. I finally got a couple of guys to do our tree. They will probably cut it down after we've gone this afternoon.

B. today 1 scrambled egg, 1 sl SGWW bread, butter and no sugar jelly. Water.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:14 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday,

Well no sleep last night. I even had 5 margarittas to help. Went to bed at 9, was back up at 1 for the rest of the morning. Dr said to wean off the sleeping pills, probably immune to them. Thought alcohol would help, but not much.

Teensy, hope your back feels better. Go to the dr now.

Gator, hoping the storm passes you by. All the other Fl gals too. I can't believe it is coming your way again. Prayers for your safety.

Pancho, Monet, Country, Heart, & all the other gals, Have a great weekend.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #52  

Good afternoon..

I went for my annual check-up this morning, no fun. There is a trace of blood in my stool so my dr is sending me to another dr for further check-up. He said, "not to worry"...ha! ha! lol. I am not really worried, just want to get it over with. There seem to be so many drs appointment lately, from dentists to drs. I don't like seeing them but it helped when my drs were both great.

Here is my menu for today :

Breakfast : Fasted for the check-up.

Snack : 1 piece of pb and some fruit salad.

Lunch : Herbed chicken skillet, sauteed fennel and pasta sauteed with cherry tomatoes, spinach, garlic and herbed olive oil.

Snack : Mixed fruit and plain yogurt.

Dinner : Most likely leftover from lunch and some leftover from yesterday's dinner.

For some reasons I am a bit tired today so I would come back to catch up later when my energy catch up with me. Need more exercise!!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #53  

Default Doing well

Ater three days on SB I am down THREE AND A HALF POUNDS!!!! That is as well as I had done on Atkins and SoBe, but I feel great. Maybe the aches and pains and anxiety and fatigue etc that I had attributed to obesity and middle age are actually sugar addiction problems. I'll give it another week, but I think this is it!

menu for today (i would appreciate feedback since I am new to this):
bfast - bob's red mill 8 grain wheat free hot cereal (lost a pound typing that), spritz of 1% milk, drizzle of maple syrup, tea with half and half and 1/2 teasp real sugar (i know), banana.
lunch - scoop (probably huge scoop) of chicken curry salad (chicken, onion, mayo, spices), tomato chunks, nectarine.
dinner - lentil soup (lentils, lots of veggies) with chunk of mexican cheese on top, grapes, and thinking about making ice cream (cream, milk, egg, splenda, vanilla) for 'zert.
snack - peanuts or cashews, maybe a dill pickle

I hope I get to know you ladies (any gents?) better soon, I see that some of you have lost almost as much as I am hoping to lose, and I could use lots of support and inspiration.
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #54  

Default P.s.

I found the "gotta go, gotta go, gotta go" last night at 1 am, 3 am, and 5 am.
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:21 PM   #55  

Hi everyone:

I thought I'd jump on and say hello while Lane sleeps. I think being sick wore her out. She was up at 7 a.m. today (usually closer to 6 a.m.), and fell back asleep by 10 a.m., and is still sleeping an hour later; she needs her sleep to make up for sleep lost. Britt had a good night, no coughing. I was only sick that one day; it was pretty minor for me.

After taking Britt to school, we went to Wal-mart to get a gift card and a sleeper for my friend's baby shower tomorrow, as well as a few other items. Britt loves hot cocoa when the weather cools off, and I found some Swiss Miss cocoa with character shaped marshmallows; she'll get a kick out of that.

I have that baby shower tomorrow and then on Sunday, DH, the girls and I will go over to my sister's and go by my parents to see their new house. I also want to take DH by some models out that way that I think are really nice.

Has anyone heard about the new procedure for tubal litigation? I heard that they can now do it laparscopically (sp?) through the belly button?????? I am going to ask my gyno about it next week when I go in for my annual.

Teensy: I so hope your back feels better soon, but you may want to check in with the doctor sooner than later. I have a bad lower back, and I sometimes do something that throws it out and I can't move until it works back into place; they've never been able to trace it to a slipped disc though. I injured it several years ago, and have since had many problems with it. It is no fun!!

Gator: Enjoy your few days away; you deserve it!!!

Jack-K: I sure hope you are able to sleep better soon! (((((Hugs))))) coming your way!

Ken: I have never had a doctor do a stool sample on a routine check-up. I did, however, have blood in my stool once several years ago, and it turned out to be an internal hemorrhoid (sp?), and I am sure that is what it is in your case too. My kids are pretty much better now. How is Jessica? Did her cold get any worse? Destin is probably out of the picture right now, isn't it?

Ruby: Congrats on the weight loss! I would give it more than another week, as your weight loss will slow down after awhile, but the slower you lose the more long term the weight loss will be. It is, by far, the healthiest way of eating, even though you don't see the numbers go down every week. Give it a good six-months or more. I would try to replace your maple syrup with agave syrup (can find at most health food stores and online). I would also get rid of the banana (not allowed on SB). You can replace it with maybe an apple, nectarine, plum, orange, etc.. Also instead of eating fruit with all of your meals, I'd save them and eat them for snacks in between meals. Make sure your milk is 2% or skim, and if you find that the nuts slow down your weight loss, you may want to cut back on those down the road. You asked.. . Keep up the good work, and we look forward to getting to know you better. What is your weight loss goal?

Well, I better go grab some lunch.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:11 PM   #56  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HELLO EVERY BUDDY!!!

Sorry that I've not been around, but I'm sure you've seen the news about all the damage around here...we've been lucky, but I'm just not sure about this one! We'll stay here at the house, and if it gets us, I'm a firm believer in that it's your time to go...Keep all fingers and toes crossed that it blows the other way.

My shoulder, disc, and neck have been bothering me, so I went to see the Pain Doc this morning and he said I need epidural injections. He put me back on the heavy duty pain meds, soma and neurotin. Pray for me.i'm gonna need it!

Of course....a storm isn't going to keep me away from BLOCKBUSTER...here are your movie picks:

THE UNITED STATES OF LELAND

THE PUNISHER

SOUL PLANE

THE LADYKILLERS

As always, I'll let you know...

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:32 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm exhausted but don't want to go home and sleep just yet. Don't know what we will do. No plans for the weekend, except to get out and get a new bra. I am so swollen, my ankles look like elephant legs. My whole body is swollen. Don't know what's up with that. Took 2 water pills today and not even running to the potty much.

Bob, take cover and be safe. I had epidurals for my back and they worked great. Feel better soon.

Nat, I had my tubes tied through my belly button 21 years ago. Worked the next day.

Rubyslippers, Congrats on the loss. Looking forward to getting to know you. Keep up the good work.

Ken, have a great weekend.

Talk to you all Monday. Hope Ivan misses Fl.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:57 PM   #58  

Hello all...just passing by & decided to check in. Things are still not what they should be in the WOE department & neither on the scale. I'm coping with it but don't like it. Have been really down on myself as a result. Guess that's why I've been checking the board but not posting.
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 05:19 PM   #59  

Good afternoon everyone! I'm so glad it's finally friday! I have been doing good all week...but I imagine tomorrow will have a few setbacks! It should be a fun filled day starting with watching the hot air balloons take off, then cowboy symposium, and an apple festival. So I imagine there will probably be lots of illegal foods there. I am pretty much taking it slow this time around. I haven't had any sweet cravings to speak of all week. I only have about 10-15 lbs to lose..so I guess it will be pretty slow anyway.

Wednesday I made my first ever (and I do mean ever!) batch of biscuits (WW). I have been known to mess-up Bisquick biscuits..so this was quite an accomplishment! My 5 year old dd loved them with butter and agave..and she is a VERY picky eater. Had the leftovers for breakfast dipped in butter mixed with agave. Really reminded me of when I was a kid and would eat biscuits with butter and Karo.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
laurenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 01:40 AM   #60  

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. Had the big dessert thing at church tonight that I was in charge of. This has been the day from car Heck though... Erik's truck broke down last night. He drove Ruth to work and I picked her up...her last day at the store I worked at with her. sniff... I brought her here, and Erik called to tell her that he could not get HER car started. It was getting late and I had to go to the church and do the dessert, so I dropped her off to use her brother's car... She called me 30 minutes later, crying hysterically. She had gotten stopped by a train, and missed getting to the bank by minutes...she had to withdraw something like $800 to pay for Erik's truck, and could only get $400 out of the ATM! I calmed her down and hung up. Her father got home, gave her his credit card and drove her over to pay for the truck and get it, then she went to get Erik, and as she predicted, the car started fine for her. While they were off doing that, Laura called me on my cellphone at the church. She was driving her father's truck. (her father was driving a friends vehicle..) The truck would not start! They were able to get it roll started, and home but can't figure out what is wrong with it. I have shopping to do tomorrow for the special event at church on Sunday, and then I am cooking for the leadership meeting on Monday night and small group on Tuesday. I think Wednesday, I am going to shut off the phone and take a mono day! Lord knows I will need it!

Tonight, I did not get the chance to eat dinner before I left. I got into the cookies and other goodies I had gotten for the dessert. When I got home, the kids had a pizza and I ate two pieces. I sure hope it does not ruin the pleasant surprise I had on the scale this morning...I was down 6 pounds from Tuesday! Yeah!

Time for me to crawl in bed. But I wanted to share that I wore my pedometer all day and got 10,206 steps in today! That is a major improvement for me! I was excited when I checked it tonight and saw that I was over the 10k mark! Its a first!

Good night all!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote