Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What's your favorite color of roses to receive/buy?
White 2 13.33%
Yellow 6 40.00%
Peach 2 13.33%
Pink 1 6.67%
Red 2 13.33%
Purple 2 13.33%
Other color 0 0%
I hate roses 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2004, 09:57 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Just wondering if anyone clicked on my attachments yesterday of Boogie??
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:24 AM   #62  

Good Morning:

I hope to be able to post and not lose it this time.

Britt had her program last night, and it was very cute. I ate some veggie lasagne before we left at 5:30 p.m., and was starving around 9 p.m., so I broke my golden rule of not eating past 7 p.m. and ate some chips & cheese. I am up a pound this morning, but no big deal in the scheme of things.

Heart mentioned Sonic having a low-carb bun; I wonder too what is in it. Everyone started to complain about wraps being the only option out there, and now a lot of companies are stepping forward....Sonic with new bun, KFC with chicken breast filets, green beans & a salad, Baja Fresh with their side-by-side. It is nice to finally have some options if you have to eat out. One of my favorite fast food meals is a small chili and small caesar salad from Wendy's.

My sister sent me an article about Pepsi and Coca Cola coming out with a new soda this year (1/2 the sugar, carbs & calories). I read the article and it said that the Pepsi product will ONLY have 20grams of sugar per 12 oz can, and in order to reduce the sugar grams in it, they combined splenda with high fructose corn syrup....HELLO....isn't that sugar?????? Although this may be good for those wanting to eliminate the harmful sweeteners or for those who have a 6-pack a day habit, or for kids who drink a lot of soda, I still have no plans to indulge in anything that has 20g of sugar. I broke my 1-a-day Dr. Pepper habit a long time ago, and am really content with an ice cold tea now. But, I will have to taste it just to see how the final result came out.

I went to the Disney store yesterday to buy the kids some stuff they had on sale (jammies and clothing). I didnt' realize that if you spent $40 or more that they gave you a free ($25 value) tote bag with little slots to put pictures of your family. It is cute....it is black with Disney characters all around the border. I think I'll take it on our summer trip with me.

Since I lost yesterday's post, I will just pick up where I left off, and not try to repost everything from yesterday.

vmoore: I knew you would lose a few of those pounds; there's no way you can gain 6#'s of fat that soon. Good luck losing those other 3.

Tranquil: Wow, dreaming off the weight works . What's in a Skinny Iced Cafe Latte?

heart: So the Special K low-carb tastes good, huh? I wondered how they made it into a low-carb cereal. I didn't notice the attachment to your post yesterday, I will have to go back and look at little Boogie!!

Monet: Thanks for the update on Fillise. I've been thinking of you; the Festival is going to be a great success. I can't wait to hear about it on Monday.

Gator: What a great Mother's Day gift! I'd like to have my house fumigated and all these toys blown out somewhere. I get sick of the clutter and straightening up every night just to have a tornado blow through bright and early the next day. My kids have far too many toys, and their rooms aren't big enough. I need to go through them when they are not looking and get rid of half the stuff. I will have them pick some stuff this summer to donate to a charity. Where in the world did you come up with a "face like a kangaroo?" You cracked me up with that analogy, but made a good point! You are a dork...bless your heart .

Jack-K: I thought of you yesterday! I'm so sorry you didn't tolerate this treatment as well as the last. You will be done soon, and not have to worry about it anymore...you are so strong!

Well, I hope to check in later, but if I don't or if I forget.....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYONE WHO IS A MOTHER, HAS A MOTHER, WANTS TO BE A MOTHER, ETC.....

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 02:55 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Heart, I will check out the SpecialK. I wish our groceries would carry a 100% ww bun. I have to get mine from Maryland when my DS goes to visit her DD.

Nat, I am boycotting Pepsi since they are putting the Pledge to the Alliance on their new cans and leaving out the words "Under God". How ridiculas. Glad the program was cute.

have a great weekend everyone. I am off to get my shot and go home and rest.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE.

JACKIE
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #64  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everyone- Didn't get my full walk in today because I started having shin splints about 1/2 mile into my route. I figured I was gonna struggle over the next 1.5 miles, so decided to quit and take a break today. I've been walking every day, so maybe I just needed a rest.

Had a good breakfast--raw oats with some fruit, and then got caught out doing errands at lunch. I was hungry, so had a BLT on WW bread. But, of course, WW bread at restaurants is not really REAL WW bread, but just a dab of WW and some molassas coloring. Too bad.

Jack-K--Actually, the Pepsi thing is just an urban legend--not true at all. Here is the first part of a synopsis off of snopes.com, and you can also click on the link and read the whole article.
"Although there once was some truth to the item quoted above, the information it contains is long outdated and never had anything to do with Pepsi or Coca-Cola. Neither soda company is producing, or has ever produced, redesigned cans bearing any portion of the Pledge of Allegiance or an image of the Empire State Building. This issue concerns a special patriotic can design produced by Dr Pepper back in November 2001, a can which was marketed for a limited time and has been off of store shelves since February 2002.

The brouhaha began in mid-November 2001, when the Dr Pepper soft drink company, in response to the terrorist attacks on America a few months earlier, introduced a new can design featuring the Statue of Liberty with the words "ONE NATION . . . INDIVISIBLE" from the Pledge of Allegiance displayed above it:
Dr Pepper did not print the entire Pledge of Allegiance on their cans while leaving out the words 'under God'; they invoked the Pledge of Allegiance by using a mere three words from the pledge. However, because the three words Dr Pepper chose to use were the words surrounding the phrase 'under God' (which was not itself part of the original pledge as written by Francis Bellamy in 1892; 'under God' was added to the pledge by an act of Congress in 1954) the new patriotic can design prompted calls for boycotts from some religious groups and . . ."

You can read the rest of this very interesting article at:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/drpepper.asp

and, BTW, snopes.com is an excellent reference for checking out all those rumors you hear. You'll get the true scoop there.

So, Jackie, you can go ahead and drink Pepsi.

Pancho, I just made up the "face like a kangaroo." But it's true, about adding "bless her heart."

Gotta go.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:34 PM   #65  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

I'm here, just having a really BAD TIME right now. I have an appointment with my DOC next Friday. My PAXIL has reared it's ugly head at me, and I'm not only rocking on the edge, but cramming EVERYTHING in my mouth that I can get in there....even when I'm not hungry! I've gained right in the belly and thats not good. I'm probably going to change to a different med, but until then, please know that I'm here in spirit and will hopefully be back to my old rowdy self in a short time!

MEANWHILE....here's your weekend movie picks:

RIPLEY'S GAME

THE COOLER

CHASING LIBERTY

THIRTEEN

THE LAST SAMURAI

CALENDAR GIRLS

Hope all you MOM'S have a great day!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:32 PM   #66  

Hi All:

Happy Mothers Day to all of you - even if you are just Mom's to furry four legged ones/feathered two legged ones/or scaley ones! I am going to meet my parents at the movie theater on Sunday to see Van Helsing, then go to Mom's to give her a gift...maybe have a little time spent with them - then home, home again....

It sure did get hot here today! For my lunch with Gram and Mom I had Crispy Calamari Salad - the carbs would be the bit of crispy on the squid, otherwise, I really only ate half and it was a vinnaigrette and very salty dressing...delish...no bread, no croutons, nothing else - that was the only chance I had to eat today...tonight, well, not sure - I have to go to grocery store later once the crowds die down, so now I am going to go clean house so it is clean for the weekend...Maybe do some shopping for new plants and flowers tomorrow while DS is away - I believe the kitty might have an appointment to get her summer Lion Cut - she is so matted and tangled and I am constantly pulling hair out of her mouth - she always looks like she has a beard!!! She is a raggedy ole Persian.....

Bob - I want to see Calendar Girls and the Cooler!!!

Have a good evening! Sabrina
Tranquil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:22 AM   #67  

Hey everyone, its been so busy this week with the end of soccer season here. Dylans last game is today then the party. He will have to play with one eye due to hitting his eye in the swimming pool at a b-day party last night. Its black and swollen bless his heart.
Im still OP, didnt touch the pizza or cake at the party.lol
Bob, saw the calendar girls movie....it was really good, i didnt think i would of liked it but it was funny.
Ill post more later!!
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:02 PM   #68  

Talking

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a great great day!!!!!
Old 05-09-2004, 09:38 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

I suck! Went and done it again. Another all day binge. Just when I was doing so well. Even had a couple people tell me I look good and if I had lost more weight..HA! If they only knew what a hard time I've been having staying OP. Well, tomorrow is another new day...Don't have time for a longer post...goodnite everyone!
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 11:18 PM   #70  

Angry

Lauri, im on the guilty couch with you...I used mothers day as an excuse to eat so much food i should be sick. Even after my stomach was hurting i managed to eat a whole bag of popcorn during survivor. So today we suck together, tomorrow we will be OP together. Of course i saw your profile pic and you look DAMN good. Im 5'2 and weigh 180 something...probably about 187 again after today.
Gator? did you manage to stay strong this weekend, i hope one of us did anyway...lol Feel free to chew me out....oh goodness, dont say chew. Ive done enough of that....Im going to bed now and toss and turn with indegestion. Goodnight.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:37 AM   #71  
Clay Girl

Default Hello from Slovenia

Hello everyone.

This is the enigmatic Vesna, who appears, but mostly disappears from the boards.
Debbie, I haven't really talked to you or told you what was going on, because frankly, I didn't know myself what to make of any of it and had to sort things out first.

I decided to write something on the board because some of you may have wondered what happened. I moved back to Slovenia in January. My house is sold and all my stuff in my new apartment here in Celje. Celje is a small town in SLovenia with a population of about 40,000 and decreasing. Not many slovenie babies these days. On February 28th I got married and my husband is still waiting for his temporary residence status. Much easier to get here than in the US, but still. Between the lost mail and belligerent government officials....well, who can tell.

I am grossly overweight and so is my mom, so of course in the time of need I come crawling back.. ... But I do need a bit of touch with reality and the good old US.
Ladies, Wal Mart rules! Cherrish the little things of comfort you are enjoying there.
THings are otherwise very good. I am working with my mom and don't have to wreck my brains where to get rent money, since I was able to buy an apartment in an old city center with the money I got from my house.

COMMON MISCONCEPTION: when you go to Europe, you lose weight. WRONG!!! I have been ignoring scales and intend to keep it that way until I can fit into any of my clothes again. Loose skirts would be on the way, except for the weather which sucks and is cold. Europe is not all what is made out to be.

ok. I'll keep it short and do my best not to flake out again!

Love to all and good weather

Vesna
vesnoid is offline   Reply With Quote