Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What's your favorite color of roses to receive/buy?
White 2 13.33%
Yellow 6 40.00%
Peach 2 13.33%
Pink 1 6.67%
Red 2 13.33%
Purple 2 13.33%
Other color 0 0%
I hate roses 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2004, 05:39 PM   #16  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Thought I'd get in a quickie...

Seems they may of kicked in some more financial aid. Have to find the old form and compare the two - feel so stupid when it comes to all this stuff.

COUNTRY, ewwwwww, RK! I would of had the willies and screams. I see a garden snake and go nuts. I can't even p/u dead roaches!

ROSE, glad to hear from you today

Weather looks bad, skys are so dark, haven't seen it like this in a long time. Hope it doesn't storm, though we could use the rain.

I'm going to go tackle some kitchen stuff and then paperwork to try and figure some of this out. Make dinner (skirt steak) and then get comfey in my nightie, I'm in for the day

ELI is off tomorrow but will try to check in before we do anything. Will be a short day since we have to be back on time to get the kids from school then get ready for the ceremony tomorrow night. MICHAEL has to be there at 6pm and it starts at 7pm - going to wear my 1 hour shoes, so hoping they won't give me to much trouble after my hour's up!

Toodles

Deb
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:11 PM   #17  

Hey guys:

I got to the gym today...feels good to start the week off right. So, I plan to go three more times this week.

Got to Trader Joes to get some shopping done. They didn't even have flax seeds though, so I'll have to make another stop for those.

I'm watching the memorial service for Pat Tillman, and it is so sad; he was such a nice guy. It's such a shame to lose the good guys!

Jack-K: Put the weekend behind you and move on! I hope you enjoyed yourself! Sorry you didn't win though!

Deb: Hope you can find some time for exercise soon. At least you are staying OP, and that's the most important.

Country: I miss seeing your posts, but can understand life getting busy! YUCK...snakes. We have seen two so far this year. As long as they are not rattlesnakes, I'll be fine!

Well, I better get going and start dinner soon!

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:00 PM   #18  
Little Engine That Could

Alright, this is political jab #2, posted purely for BOB's enjoyment.
BOB--Go here for your laugh of the day. Picture was too big to post here.
Gator.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...afflehouse.htm
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:04 PM   #19  
Little Engine That Could

Here's another one that's TOO funny!
http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...rseparated.htm
Old 05-03-2004, 09:16 PM   #20  

Default Hello

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes.... Life has been very busy, but has thrown a few bricks my way too. One being a fist in the window by a crazed drugged/drunk, angry ex-husband, shattering glass all over myself and Zach - while we were barefoot on tile floor with two dogs and a cat...Ex-H has been served with papers for a temporary injunction and cannot visit my son nor come near my home - he was upset because DS did not call him within 24 hours...so Wednesday is the court hearing asking for permanent injunction, anger management/drug/alcohol related treatment, and supervised visitation until he has completed whatever treatment they have ordered... we will see - and this is all after being divorced for over 10 years now, a little late in the game to behaving this way! So, needless to say I am stressed, shocked, angered, and above all afraid for ds... On the better side of life, DS has made the honor roll, as well as the progress report that just came out says he is going to be on the honor roll again, and this is just terrific!!!! I am very proud of him, since he has turned his attitude towards school from "I can just get by" to "I am proud of showing people that I can do it"...phewww, it took him long enough and just in time for getting ready for highschool in less than 2 years.

Dieting - kind of hard with birthday here - went to Fishbone Grill last night and had calamari, coconut shrimp, ahi tuna appetizer, stayed away from the bread, one Lemon Drop Martini, Diet Coke (enough to make me float away), Brownie dessert that was absolutely sinful and incredible and everything else I can say or you can imagine....and dinner was steamed veggie medley and Mahi Mahi with Lime Tomato Garlic marinade topped with fresh wilted spinach and sundried tomatoes...it was delicious....filling - I did not eat all the dessert - just nibbled....and I did not gain any weight this morning - was the same as the day before - so I did okay for having eaten more in one night than I have in a whole month....I have lost 3 pounds in the past two and a half weeks, and I want to lose another 4 -5 before the 15th when I see the doctor...just want that praise he gives me...makes me feel good. As well as when I was gardening, I wore a pair of capri jeans I could wear last late summer/fall, and when I got up I was pretty embarrassed, as well as this is the second pair of pants to do this to me, they fell down!!! I was in front of the house, in front of the whole world - almost died of embarrassment and I am sure nobody saw me ...but I knew it happened.... I have also taken up gardening; it helps me a lot with relaxing and getting fresh air (even if fresh air is deadly to one like me with asthma and hayfever!). I have planted and planted and now all the bulbs I put in are within 2 weeks over 3 inches tall and out of the ground - this late summer I should have a batch of the most beautiful gladioli and hybrid lillies - I am so excited...they are growing like crazy.... I guess I am rambling on!!!!

Well, thanks again for the birthday wishes...sorry I am so absent all the time. Sometimes I can just get time to read, but others I just don't have time for anything - especially now with nobody but myself taking care of the boy - I have to rush home to get him to guitar practice, etc., plus I don't want him home alone with nutso out there... So, wish me luck at the hearing...I only want what is best to protect DS - not keep him away from father - but protect him until his father gets his act together....I don't know what is happening in the man's life to make him go completely over the edge, but somebody has to slap him back to reality.....

Take care all, Sabrina (Sugar Free Strawberry Ice Cream and SF Cake this evening at grandmother's)
Tranquil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:48 PM   #21  

Before I go to sleep...

Started to feel a little quesy again

PANCHO, good for you with the gym - kudos! I'm looking forward to visiting TJ'S when I take MICHAEL to school - hope there's some new goodies for me to buy!!!

TRANQUIL, glad I got to talk to you the other day - sounds like din-din at BFG was good. CONGRATS to ZACH!!! {{{HUGS}}} to you both. Call me when you get a chance, let me know what happened at court!

{{{HUGS}}} to you all!

NITE!

Deb
Old 05-04-2004, 08:26 AM   #22  

Good Morning,
just a quick one before I go out. I'm sorry that I've been neglectful with posting, between vacation, and then trying to catch up, well you guys know! I'll be back later on and do a proper post. Today should be OP, yesterday wasn't bad, and I even walked for awhile.
Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:42 AM   #23  

Gheez, where has everyone gone???? We haven't heard from chrisd, SuzyB, Talitha, Fillise.....in awhile. I'm sure there are many others, but can't think of everyone right now. I hope all these non-posters are just busy and not off the wagon. Also, HEART, where are you???? A howdy doesn't tell us much. Come on in for support if you need it.

My friend, Brenda, gave birth to the boys last night. The littlest baby is doing about how they suspected.....he is not expected to leave the hospital. He was in NICU last night, and they were trying to stabilize him so the family could spend some quality time with him before he passed away. The other baby boy appears to be very healthy and weighs over 7#'s, and is eating like a horse! I pray he continues to do well; he will help them get over the loss of the other baby in little ways! He will keep them busy and keep them from dwelling on the loss of baby Bryce.

If Lane gets a nap this morning, then today will be an errand day. I have to get the truck washed, get to Ulta II, Target, and I have a coupon for Jamba Juice. I heard they make a smoothie with Agave....I'm going to have to check it out.

I have class tonight. I will be taking my final; which I haven't studied for at all. Some of it will be on nutrition during pregnancy, which I should do just fine on, and the part I haven't studied is on food-borne illnesses (there are 14 of them we need to know) like Botulism, Salmonella, Listeria, etc.... We get to bring in a potluck food so we can eat while taking our test. I am going to make some guacamole and bring in some of the Trader Joes Flax chips.

Tranquil: So good to see your post. Life can get busy at times. Sorry to hear about your ex. I hope he can get the treatment he needs before he injures someone else or himself. It must be very scary for your son to witness those drunken rages. Congrats on the 3# loss, esp with all the stress you've been dealing with. Time to trade in those pants for a smaller size. Congrats to DS for doing so well in school; he s/b proud!!

Deb: Trader Joes has a Diet Hansen's Peach Tea that I really like. It comes in a bottle and runs around 80 cents, but I can easily get two drinks out of it since it is pretty big. I also get the flax/soy chips there that are delicious!!

Well, if this board doesn't pick up soon, we'll all be talkign to ourselves .

Gotta go curl the hair and put some make-up on this face.

Have a great OP day!!

Take care,
Nat
Old 05-04-2004, 01:14 PM   #24  

Hi guys....well Im here but bearly holding on. This past month has been the worst of my entire life. I dont know where to begin..but Ill try to get it all in as short as I can. Most of you know that my mother had GASTRIC BYPASS 2 years ago...and it went bad. Well she went into the hospital on April 6th to try and get it fixed and to fix the hernia that she got from the original surgery. Well That all went ok she came home Easter Sunday for one day and then had to get rushed to the hospital the next day due to an infection she got. She has been in the hospital ever since then. Winds up to be that the mesh screen that they put in for the hernia got infected as well so they had to do another surgery to get it out. While she was in for that surgery one of her intestines formed a hole in it. she has been in ICU for 2 weeks and will be in there for the next 3 weeks and then will go into a regular room after that...thats if she makes it through all this. She is mentally horrible and just wants to give up on everything. Her stomach is not even closed because they want her to heal from the inside out...so she has this huge pit in her stomach. She cannot eat or drink anything until this hole in her intestine is closed. They are supposed to be putting in a feeding tube today but havent heard anything yet. In between all this I was very sick along with the rest of my house and wasnt even able to go see her for 10 of those days...that was very hard to handle. Especially trying to get info from other people. Anyway this is why I havent been here. Eating has been ok...not as good as it should be but Im a stress eater so it certainly could be worse than it is. I havent gained anything I think i acually lost 2lbs...but im scared to go back on the scale to check. Im still going to Curves when I can get there. I hope everyone is doing well...It looks like the board is slowing down big time lately. I dont have time to say hllo to everyone individually...but thanks NAT for pointing out that I havent been here....glad to see that was noticed. thanks!

Chris
chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:32 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon.

Finally got on here. It has been busy here.

My ww pizza turned out great. Even brought a piece for lunch today and everyone was envious.

Didn't get to walk last night. DH worked 13 hours and I knew he was beat. He offered to walk, but I knew he needed to crash. Plus my feet are still killing me from the weekend walking. Maybe tonight.

Nothing new with me.

Deb, sorry you are missing me. We aren't home much on the weekends. Hope you are feeling better. Congrats for being OP for 2 weeks. That's great about the aid. The more the better. I had to laugh at your 1 hr shoes. My feet are still killing me from the weekend.

Country, we are in the same boat. Some good days, some not to good. Hang in there and be careful with those snakes. Hope they are harmless.

Gator, I think all kids today are pretty selfish in some ways. Guess we gave them too much growing up. Mine are somewhat considerate, but not like we were raised. I hope you find that mental place you need to be in.

Tranquil, glad you had a nice bd. How stupid of your ex. I hope the court gives it to him good. Sometimes I wonder about our judicial system. Hope DS was not too upset over it.It is so hard on kids. Better losing your pants then having them too tight. WTG.

Woodfrogs, glad you are back.

Pancho, Prayers for your friend and their babies. That is so tough. My DN had twins that weight 1 1/2 & 1 1/4 pounds. One died, but the other is doing great, 10 years old. Good luck on your final.

Chris, prayers for your mom. what a horrible thing. I sure hope things turn around for her soon. Take care of yourself too.

Monet, I know you are so busy.

Rose, Good to see you again too.

Have a great day and evening.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 03:13 PM   #26  

Just a quick check in - just got home, going to iron MICHAEL'S pants, shirt and tie then hop in the shower. Have to be out of the house no later than 5pm. Will check in tomorrow morning.

{{{HUGS}}}

Deb
Old 05-04-2004, 05:53 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys, tis' I. I'm here. Boy, Pancho, I definetly need the support now. I've been having the absolute worse time trying to stay legal, so much that is simply isn't happening. I do "okay" during the week, and then the weekend comes and it seems like I eat all weekend long. I've been doing this since Easter. Cake, more cake, cookies, candy bars, fries, you name it, I've consumed it in mass quanities. I weighed myself and I'm up 5 pounds BUT I've gained some inches this time. In my stomach and thighs, my pants are getting snug. So I'm ready to get back on the wagon and get re-motivated. Today is my first day OP. I had a carb freedom yogurt this morning followed by 2 eggs and 2 slices bacon. Lunch was a HUMONGOUS salad which had too much fat but I need it to be filling while I'm doing my "detox". It had tuna, cheese, tomatoes, onions, egg, and too much ranch dressing. Snack was a heaping tbsp of Smucker's PB. Supper will be 2 grilled hamburger patties dipped in the new low carb ketchup and salad..I'll take it easier on the dressing this time. As you see, I'm staying clear of the starches for a couple of days. I need to make sure that I don't get hungry at all so that I stay OP. So far it's working. My exercising has been slacking, too. But now I have no excuse not to get back on program. The instructor called me this AM to inform me that she could no longer teach this summer and asked me if I wanted to take over. Anyway, I will try my best to get on the computer tomorrow and post. Lately, I've only been on the computer 1-2 times a week. I definetly could use the extra support.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 06:20 PM   #28  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default Hey Everyone! :)

Well, I don't have the computer fixed, but I'm risking a longer post than I've been able to get in lately!

I'm still chugging along OP!! I'm so proud of myself, 12 weeks back on track! I will be so glad to get back to my SB low point, and then start losing some pounds for the FIRST TIME!!

DEB - Just wanted to let you know... Bellsouth (who owns Cingular) just bought AT&T... The merge will be complete sometime in June. My dad and brother work for Bellsouth, and he told me it was coming before it happened. So you'll end up with the same service either way! LOL! I have Cingular myself... it's the only one that picks up at my house. We use prepaid because we rarely use the phones... but yesterday DH dropped his in a mop bucket, so he has NO PHONE now!! We don't have the $$$ to buy a new one either, he'll have to suffer!

Well... I was sent to a new doctor. An internal medicine guy. He seems very nice, he was really thourough, and didn't make me feel rushed. I felt like he had all the time in the world to talk to me. He had me have a ton of blood drawn, and is checking everything known to man. I had an EKG done there and I have PVC's and inverted Twaves. He's sending me to the Heart Center for an echo of my heart, and venous doppler of my legs because I've developed pitting edema. He thinks I either have heart failure or kidney problems because he also found protein and blood in my urine.
He's also checking into my PCOS, and checking my insulin and glucose levels some more to be sure I'm on the right pills for that.
All said... I think he will be really good at helping find everything that needs to be fixed so I can be the healthiest I can be!

Pray for DH's stepdad please... he's in the hospital right now with what they think is a heart attack, and I haven't heard any news yet

My mom and SD are moving to Marshall, TX!! He's transferring to the Shreveport, LA plant (he works for GM) and they're just up and moving at the end of this month. I'm FLOORED! I've never lived anywhere away from her and I'm sad she's moving... but I'm excited for her, too!

Well... I'm not going to test the limits any more... I'm ending before it goes POOF!! Hope everyone is well! See ya tomorrow for WIW!!
Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:46 PM   #29  

Hey gals:

I just got my guacamole finished up for tonight, so I though I'd pop on and say hello. I s/b studying, but you know how that goes. I'm missing a Cinco De Mayo party with my Mom's Club tonight because I have this final. It's probably a good thing though since I get up at 4 a.m on Wed. to go the gym.

I got my errands done today, except for one that I will do tomorrow.

chrisd: So glad to see you again. I wish the news was better though. I will keep you and your DM in my prayers. I hope she recovers from all this, and doesn't give up....try to keep her inspired as much as you can. Try to work out when you can too, since it will help with your stress levels. Take care of you!!

Jack-K: Glad to hear that your pizza turned out well...sounds good about now! Thanks for the good luck wishes on my final; I surely could use it.

heart: Funny how you can get to know someone...I knew that Howdy was a cry for help, and wanted to extend our support. Fat can be your friend, if it is the right kind....it can keep you filled up and fuller for longer. Wow, that would be great to take over teaching this summer; are you going to do it???? Hang in there, and find something to keep you motivated over the weekends! You know that I am the pot calling the kettle black here though; I tend to get weak on weekends too.

Beth: Congrats on the 12-weeks being on plan. You s/b very proud. I hope this doctor can pinpoint what is wrong, and that there is an easy remedy for it. I will pray for DH SD; please keep up posted.

Well, I better get going and get these kids fed soon!!

Take care!
Nat
Old 05-04-2004, 10:05 PM   #30  
Little Engine That Could

I read an interesting article in the USAToday newspaper this morning. It was a debate between someone, a lawyer actually, who wrote a book about diets sabotaging people, and a nutritionist, who said that diets were OK. It was a little discouraging because the lawyer was saying that some people, who are healthy, just have a hard time losing weight and may very well not get to the government weight guideline amount. His premise was that health should be measured by other things than weight, whereas the nutritionist said that weight pretty much revealed a person's health. A very interesting article that you can read online at
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ity-book_x.htm

After reading that article I ran some errands, one of which took me to the HFS. I got to talking with one of the clerks who is "into" vitamins, etc. She directed me toward the L-Carnetine, which I've taken before, and suggested I try again, adding some CLA to see if that helped the old metabolism. My DH has also been urging me to try the Carnetine. So I'll add that to my regimen. She also suggested that I up my walking mileage.

I ate pretty well today, staying on my food plan. I DID have a small bowl of raisin bran after dinner because I was SO hungry. I just had some fish and veggies for dinner and I guess I needed more. Lots of fiber.

I am a mentor for a HS girl who hopes to graduate in a couple of weeks. She is skating on very thin ice as far as graduation is concerned. I had spent quite a bit of time with her and am keeping my fingers crossed that she makes it. If she graduates, the state will pay for part of her college tuition under a special program.

Gotta go. It's bedtime.

BOB--How did you like the funnies on the URLs I posted?