Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What's your favorite color of roses to receive/buy?
White 2 13.33%
Yellow 6 40.00%
Peach 2 13.33%
Pink 1 6.67%
Red 2 13.33%
Purple 2 13.33%
Other color 0 0%
I hate roses 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2004, 10:29 PM   #31  

Hi All:

Should be going to bed, but nerves...

ChrisD - Wishing your mother a speedy recovery...that is sad that she is having to go through all of this and feel so miserable!!!

Gator - that is such a good deed, your mentoring....I hope your girl graduates!

Pancho - Guacamole - YUMMMYYYY!!!!!! I hope modern medicine works miracles for your friend and her baby...Diet Hansen's Peach Tea sounds delicious, I want to try some!!! But there is no Trader Joe's here....

Beth - Curious as to what they say about the edema....I have had a full body scan, blood work up the kazzooooooo, and all they tell me is that I have "idiopathic" edema - which is just a fancy way of saying they "don't" know what is causing it...

Heartmom - I know what you mean about the weekends, they can be rough... I think that is why I like pushing myself outside in the yard to plant flowers and stuff - it keeps me away from the kitchen...

Jack-K - Hi!!!! You sound great!!! I just hate the idea of going to the hearing tomorrow, so I am just trying to relax and take deep breaths - and soon I am going to curl up and go to bed - have to get up way way earlier than I am used to so I can get downtown, get a parking spot and not be late...the one thing I dread, the hearing is held in a courtroom in the Jail House! YUCH!

Deb - I will let you know what happens. Hopefully all will go well, I won't have to wait too long in the Courtroom for them to call my name from the docket, and that it is painless and the Judge is fair and helps protect DS from his father doing something so stupid again.

I better get upstairs and go to bed....Night all!
Tranquil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:08 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

I am one tired cookie.

Tranquil...praying for your safety. I'm so sorry that you and your son had to go through that.

Poncho..hey woman!

Chirsd....praying for your moma as well. I'm so sorry that she is going through so much.

Beth...WTG staying OP and dropping the pounds. You are doing GREAT.

Heart...hang in there. You'll have those pounds off before you know it. Unless you do like me...so stay away from the no-no's...LOL

Deb...howdy busy lady. Hope you feel better soon.

Jack-K...My walking isn't as good as it has been lately either. I'm lucky to get my two miles in. Days I go to mom's I usually do nothing except a little work in the garden. But that's not really enough to count for anything. How are you feeling?

Barbara..how was vacation? I think I missed it if you posted...I've been so bad lately.

Well, it's late and I still have stuff to do. Where does the time go?

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 11:32 PM   #33  

Confession time: Ive ate everything under the sun the last two days, from pizza to chocolate cheesecake. Oh why do i do this???I should be in the 170's this week but nooooo i had to blow it. I screw myself everytime.
Back on plan tomorrow, ill post more then when im not so down on myself
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:34 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW.

Hope everyone is happy today with the metal monster.

I stayed the same. Which I was very happy about. I got on the scale with my eyes closed and opened one at a time. I was sure it would be way up after all the eating and drinking this last week. So I will take it an be happy. Been 100% legal all week. Tomorrow will be a soup day since I have to get my treatment. It may not be 100% legal, but much better than what I could eat.
We got a 2 mile walk in last night. It was sprinkling rain, but DH insisted we go. Luckily, it never rained any more.

Heartmom, glad you are back on track. I wish I knew why we do these things to ourselves. I'm right there with you on the tight pants. What a grat opportunity for you to teach the exercise class. That will get and keep you in shape. I hope you do it.

Beth, I'm so proud of you being op for 12 weeks. You are an inspiration. Hope they find out soemthing from all that lab work and tests. Keep us posted. Sending prayers for your DH's stepdad.

Gator, I think that is so admirable, you helping that young girl. I'm sure you will make a positive impact on her life. WTG getting back on track.

Tranquil, let us know what happens in court today. Sending you some strength.

Crystle, I am feeling great. Of course, that could change tomorrow when I get my treatment. Hopefully it will be as easy as the last one. It's hard to get back to walking when there is so much going on.

VMoore, don't be so hard on yourself. You are only human. The trick is to get right back on plan and that stuff won't matter. Just give it a little more exercise. Hang in there.

Nat, how did that test go?

Deb, how was the awards dinner last night?

Got toget busy. Have a great day. Congrats to all the losers and the rest of us, let's hang in there and see a loss next week.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:34 AM   #35  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Wednesday Morning!

I know, it's WIW but I haven't posted that in so long, and haven't weighed in for so long, I figured you'd all know it by now even if I didn't say anything. Hope for those of you who are getting on the metal monster the numbers are in your favor

Tired, long night last night. The awards ceremony didn't get out til after 10pm ( we had to be there at 6pm) and by the time everyone got out of the auditorium, said hello, took pictures, etc. it was well after 11pm when we got home I don't think feeling up to par lately helps me either The Silver Knight Awards (SKA) are EXTREMELY prestigious down here in SoFla in both the county I live in and then they do another one up in the next county. They've been around since 1943.

The Dade County Auditorium was packed! There were 382 kids nominated, all so amazing, the things they've done are unbelievable and so inspiring! There was 15 categories and there's 1 winner who receives $1,500, a plaque, a medal and American Airlines even threw in a free rt ticket to anywhere in the US. Then in each category there's 3 honorable mentions who get a plaque and $500.

MICHAEL got an honorable mention and we are SOOOO proud of him! It's an extreme honor just to be nominated. His category was NEW MEDIA which he was nominated for at school, then had to be voted by a panel of teachers to go to the next phase of being judged by a panel from SKA and then the rest is history. He really was surprised because he knew the competition was really fierce and the stories he heard were awesome.

The even was hosted by people from The Miami Herald, all gussied up in gowns and black tie. It was televised and will air 3 times on public TV stations, first one next week. Of course, I'll be taping it! I need to hear what they said about him because I honestly don't remember after a certain point (not that it's all that long of an intro). As soon as they said "He was given the award of Rising Star..."I knew it was him! My mother already had the tissue out!

So, that was my evening. My day has already started and I need to run to Office Depot as I went to fax these papers for LAUREN yesterday and it was busy-busy, so I just left the paper and asked her to keep trying. Not sure if they ever got through

WOOD

PANCHO, sorry to hear about your friends other child, how sad. What an adorable name too. Hope the other little one does well. How'd your final go??? Will definitely be doing a slo-mo trip through TJ's when I go!

CHRIS, so sorry to hear about all that's going on with your DM. I hope and pray all goes well with her, it's terrible that all this has stemmed from wanting to be thinner and healthy. It makes you think twice about things. Please keep us abreast when you can of what's happening with her and yourself. Know our thoughts and prayers are with your DM for a speedy recovery. Will try to catch up with you soon.

JACKK, what a sweetie DH is to offer to walk as dead as he is. I'm like that in a way with ELI, I'll want sex but will refrain from waking him up because he so needs his sleep! Hey, it's a form of exercise too, isn't it I need my exercise! I ended up wearing my 1 1/2 hr shoes and since I sat for 4 hours, I was okay-it was my 2 hour girdle I had to worry about! LOL!!!!!!!

HEART, you'll get back on track, it takes time and persistence, if anyone can attest to that is sure if me! What gets in to us, I don't know-but those of us who are emotional eaters have it the worst! We're all here for you, today, tomorrow and always!!!!

BETH, good for you, 12 weeks, awesome! I knew right after I went from Cingular to AT&T about the merge. I too hope things get better and what I liked about one and like about the other will melt together, but I doubt it, that would be too good to be true! Need a new phone, check out Ebay, or garage sales!!!! Sounds like you found a good Dr. - keep us up to date what they find, or don't find. Will keep good thoughts for DH'S DD, let us know what's going on. Sorry to hear your DM is moving, but think of it as a new place to go visit! How far away is that from you?

GATOR, thanks for posting that link to that article-will have to read it when I get a chance. Hope that girl pulls through - that would be great accomplishment for you both.

TRANQUIL, call me if you can and let me know what the outcome is!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

COUNTRY

VMOORE, I've been self-sabotaging myself for years - I still don't know why I do it, or how to stop it. It's just a vicious cycle!!!! I'd probably eat the same things you have - and I have!!!!! Too many times!!!!

Looks like I've caught up!

Gotta run, check in later!

TOODLES

Deb
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:11 AM   #36  

WIW sucked for me and its all my own doing...lmaooo (gotta laugh or cry) 2 days of eating junk and the scale was up 6 lbs!!!!!
I just finished a bowl of shredded wheat w/ strawberries, im back OP.
Deb-congrats to that boy of yours!!!!!
Gator, I think you helping that young lady is very admirable...good job!!
Beth, your my inspiration
I know im not getting everyone here but if i missed you just know im an airhead...lmaoooooo
Old 05-05-2004, 10:12 AM   #37  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Wiw

Just one second to post fixing to run out the door. Back up to 158 or still at 158..LOL depends on which week you ask. Hanging between 156 and 158 so up about 2 to 4 pounds still from last year...agh..*smile*

Congratulations to this weeks losers and those who are keeping on keeping on.

God bless.

Love,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 11:09 AM   #38  

Good Morning:

I weighed 119.5# this morning; I only see that every once in awhile. I got up at 4 a.m. to get to the gym early this morning and am feeling great now. I always ask myself when I am driving there if I am insane or motivated. The first part of my workout, I am convinced of insanity, but then once I get going, I realize it is determination!!

I just ordered a plant for my DH's Mom for Mother's Day. I have to get out and get a gift certificate to a restaurant for my mom.

Britt has to be at school at 10:15 today instead of noon. She has to rehearse for the program for tomorrow night. It s/b fun to watch. It starts at 7 p.m., and that is usually when Lane goes to bed, so we will see if she makes it through.

Class went well; I think I aced the test! I talked to the instructor after class and she said that I already have an A, so if I did well on this test, it will remain an A. I am sure it will stay. I always expect the worst out of these exams, and always seem to pull it off. I really don't care too much about my grade either. I took this class for personal eduational purposes.

Gator: Thanks for the article. I agree with the Lawyer. A lot of bodybuilders are considered overweight by most of the current guidelines, even though they have very little fat and a lot of muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, and that ups their weight even more. There are also big boned people that are as thin as their frame will allow. I think a lot more needs to play into that than weight alone. Good luck to the gal you've been mentoring. I think if you give the Carnitine enough time, you will see some weight loss. It seemd to work real well for me when I used it. I don't anymore, but still have some, and may use it during travelling.

Tranquil: Thanks for the well wishes, but my friend and her family knew that one of their babies weren't going to make it. They just didn't know if he would die in utero, or if they would be able to meet him. They were able to meet him; he was born Sunday evening and passed away this morning. Their other baby seems to be doing great, and they are all home now. Try to hang in there, lady.... things will get better.

Country: Hey lady!! When does your summer officially start with homeschooling? Britt gets out on May 28th.

vmoore: Put it behind you and move on. You will drop a few of those pounds in a day or two; they are not all fat pounds. Hang in there, and stay strong. You have done so well!!

Jack-K: Good luck with your treatment tomorrow. I hope you feel o.k. afterward and don't have any yucky side effects.

Deb: Congrats to Michael....YOU SHOULD BE PROUD....brag, brag, brag!!! Good to see you popping in every once in awhile. Good job staying OP...keep it up.

Well, I better get everyone dressed, so we are ready to get outta here in awhile.

Have a great OP day.

Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:00 PM   #39  

hey guys...I dont have time to post because as usual I am off to the hospital. I just wanted to thank you all for the support and prayers. You guys are the best medicine for anyone. DEB you are right...it sucks that this all happened just because she wanted to be healthy and couldnt do it on her own! I went to the gym this morning and finally weighed myself. I have 5 1/2 more lbs to go to hit 199. So that means that I did lose 2 lbs. I wonder what it would of been like if I actualy tried this mont...but I did a lot of chik fil a in April...just because it was right by the hospital...and I figured that was better than McDonalds right? Well I gotta run...thanks again guys!
Chris
chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:08 PM   #40  

Just a quick post to say hi. I am up to the wazoo with stuff to do. I sat down here at the computer to check email at 7 am, and between email and the phone, with a break to make coffee and eat a bowl of cheerios, I have been here since and its 1pm! The main band for the concert cancelled because the singer has a heart condition and had a relapse from a recent surgery, so I am trying to find a new band, and schedule everyone and the list goes on and on....

I am thinking of you all, and wishing I was here...

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:20 PM   #41  

Default Good Wednesday afternoon

Hi everyone,
OK, I have some free time to post and am going to take full advantage of it.
Vacation was great! Went to WA to visit Mom and DB, did all sorts of fun stuff and didn't even eat too badly, although exercise suffered.
But I'm back in the gym and at least semi-back on track with eating. The scale seems to be staying the same, so that's OK too.
Deb - congrats to michael and YOU too! What a wonderful thing! He's a great looking kid too.
Monet320 - sounds like you have your hands full and could use some more help.
chrisd - sorry to hear about everything that's been going on with your Mom, sometimes it just seems like the plan makes no sense at all
Pancho - glad to hear that you aced your test! And way to go on the gym, I see all the people who work out, old, young, every body type known to man and we all have determination in common I ordered a plant for my Mom too. Freesia from Proflowers. They always smell so good!
vmoore - SOmetimes I just want to eat everything I come in contact with, and it's so hard to say no. But put it behnd you, and get back on track, don't let it get you too discouraged. We're pulling for you! I want to be in the 160's too!
Ok, that's all for now. Hope that everyone has a great day.
Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 04:46 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just thought I would check in before heading home.

Should get a walk in tonight when DH gets home.

Other than that and running to the store to get milk and bread, that's it for me.

Deb, Congrats to Michael. I know he is thrilled too. You should be so proud. I got a good laugh out of your "exercise" I count that too!

VMoore, don't get discouraged. That is not 6 lbs of fat. Most of it, if not all, is water. A couple days OP and it will be gone. Hang in there.

Crystle, trade you.

Nat, I'm sure all that exercise keeps you at that number or close. It really pays off. I bet the program will be so cute. We always want to do good, I bet you get an A

Chris, congrats on the loss. I don't see how you did it with all you have going on. Keep us posted on your mom.

Monet, Hope you don't lose your wazoo!

Woodfrogs, sounds like a great vacation. Seems you are already back in the groove.

I'll try to get on before I leave for my treatment if I can. I hae to get out of here by 11:00.

Have a great evening.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:41 PM   #43  

lmaooo @ hope you dont lose your wazoo!!!!!
Ive been OP all day, fixing to eat some wings, a little high in fat but there here and im gonna eat em
Hope all have had a great day!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 06:45 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. Got a little time to post before I start supper. Today is day 2 being OP. Feeling a little better about getting on track. Bf was a 2 egg ham n cheese omelette with carb countdown 2% milk. Snack was a heaping teaspoon of PB. Lunch was the same as yesterday...humongous salad with tuna, cheese, veggies and ranch dressing. Snack was another spoon of PB. Supper will be crockpot chicken, green bean casserole(got a craving!), and squash cooked with tomatoes, onions, olive oil. I weighed 167 this AM But I'm looking forward to seeing 163 again. No one believes me when I say I weigh in the 160's. I guess that is a good thing. But they just can't see the flab I have covered up PANCHO- I will only be teaching 2 days a week. I would like 3, but the daycare workers(teens) are busy this summer. Can't complain since it's free I enjoy the workouts. I especially love the upbeat christian music we workout to. Really gets you in the mood to burn some calories VMOORE- Been there and have done that, too many times. Just put it behind you and get back on track. And I know for sure that the 6 pounds aren't all fat after a 2 day binge. A couple are, but the rest is water from the excess carbs. I'm going to post a couple pics. They aren't the greatest at all. It's from Boogie's bday party a couple weeks ago. I don't have a front shot, so you'll have to settle for my icky profile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tisi.JPG (16.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg bigboy.JPG (18.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg boogbday.JPG (21.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg boogbike.JPG (25.9 KB, 25 views)
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:56 PM   #45  

Hello All:

Deb - Sorry that I did not call, and I think it is too late right now to call....I worked late to make up time I spent away from the office this morning, and then ran home and took Zach out for dinner, ran errands, and then the next thing I knew it was after 10 pm! I am exhausted!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes

Okay - WIW - not a good one - up 1 pound!!!! So, I guess Birthday caught up with me - hmmmmmm!!!!!!

Court: ExH hired an attorney, I had nobody....thankfully, after all these years of working for lawfirms, I was able to stick up for myself without being reprimanded as ExH's attorney and ExH were .... they acted like I was the one being brought up for charges of violence - but nipped that in the bud... ExH was told that he cannot drink or have alcoholic beverages in the home when he has the child over (his attorney argued it and said he thought that was being a bit excessive on part of the judge!), and that is if the following three visitations at the Nurture Center go okay with the child - they are taped and counseled - and the Nurture Center will determine whether he can have unsupervised visitation or not (that is fine, especially if the drinking is out of the picture)...he has to turn in all ammunition and firearms to the Sheriff's office (ouch, that one is going to hurt)....he cannot call me unless it is a positive conversation dealing with the child, he cannot come to my home no matter what...he cannot call here threatening, emotionally abusing child or myself, he is basically slapped on the wrists and being treated like a badly behaved child. Of course, it was frightening, upsetting, and traumatic to be alone and have this attorney of ExH's to ask me aside to tell me he represents ExH and then tell me that they want me to drop my charges and they will offer me some options... I told him he could keep his options, I would rather not waste my time listening to such nonsense and hear what the judge has to offer for "options" and tried to walk away - he told me I would be really sorry .... oh, that was it - fighting words, I saw red!!!! I asked him how I could possibly be sorry for pursuing an injunction to stop someone from threatening my son and myself with violence? I then said, unless you think it is okay to go over to someone's house uninvited and punch through their windows and threaten their safety and lives; or was he an advocate to domestic violence? He shut up, pouted and left me alone until we were heard by the judge....well....the judge's options were much better I am sure than what ExH and his "little" attorney had to offer...I am just very glad it is over....hopefully, things can calm down now and ease without further worries...just another reality check to all of us - one to not get caught off guard re: ExH, second for ExH to know that things will be costly and painful if he keeps this behavior up!

So enough of that - I am going to fall asleep now in my comfy cozy bed and dream of being lighter in hopes I will be tomorrow hahahaha....

Take care all - and yes, a good SBer day! Meanwhile, has anyone tried the No Sugar Added Tropicana Ice Cream bars - they are sinfully delicious and of course, a once in a while treat - but oh so good, a terrific Creamsicle without sugar...

Night, Sabrina
Tranquil is offline   Reply With Quote