Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What's your favorite color of roses to receive/buy?
White 2 13.33%
Yellow 6 40.00%
Peach 2 13.33%
Pink 1 6.67%
Red 2 13.33%
Purple 2 13.33%
Other color 0 0%
I hate roses 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2004, 12:05 AM   #46  
Little Engine That Could

Good for you, Sabrina. Way to go!!

vmoore--I can identify with how you are feeling about eating no-no stuff for a couple of days and seeing the weight gain. I can REALLY IDENTIFY! I'm trying to get down to 159 as a mini goal and still hang around the mid 160's. So we are just 20 pounds, probably less, apart. We should really check with each other and hold each other accountable every day, since we both are doing somewhat the same thing--sabotaging ourselves.

I'd love to reply to everyone, but it's late and I'm tired. I've just finished sewing another skirt. Took me all afternoon and evening, with time out for dinner. Talk tomorrow.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:22 AM   #47  

Default Good Thursday morning

Hi everyone,
Glad to hear that everyone is plugging along...had a mostly OP day yesterday, I have to confess to eating a donut for dinner because there wasn't enough time in the day to cook and eat dinner plus get everything else done. DH had no play rehearsal last night, so we had to go to the dive shop and get the equipment for our SCUBA class that starts Sat. Between that and the kids wanting to go bowling...oh well...
Back to being OP today:
breakfast - bacon, egg and cheese on sgww toast(one slice)
lunch and snack - orange, Atkins blueberry yogurt, SF jello, blueberries
dinner - ww pasta and tomato sauce, garlic bread(whole grain)
Will also hit the gym after work today and get in my regular workout. then I have to go home and straighten up for scrapbooking tonight, I'm hoping to watch Friends while I do that.

Tranquil - it sounds like you did a great job standing up for yourself in court!
I'm amazed that the lawyer thought he could bully you into something that just wouldn't be safe for either you or your son. I have cousins who had a wacko dad, and they never saw him after their parents divorced. Better for them all the way around.

Have a great day everyone!

Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:09 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday Morning,

We did get our 2 mile walk in last night. Plus I got 40 wall squats in during the day. The scale was down 2 more pounds this morning. I'm loving it.

Had a simple bf of cinnamon toast and will have some yogurt in awhile. Lunch will be tomato soup and dinner grilled cheese. Trying to keep it bland today and still OP.

Hopefully tomorrow will be good and I will talk to you all then.

Heart, WTG being op 2 days. You can do it.

Tranquil, glad things turned out in your favor. It amazes me what the court gives these men after they act up. I know they have rights, but come on. At least it didn't cost you any money and you did so well for yourself. I'm proud of you.Hopefully it will be better for you. Today is a new day.

Wood, I'm sure your gym time worked off that do-nut.

Have a great OP day

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:12 AM   #49  

I just lost my whole damn post!!! Sometimes I hate computers!

I'll try to post later.

Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:49 PM   #50  

Talking

CONGRATS SABRINA!!! It sounds like you did great for yourself and your son.

Well, the scale was down 3 lbs this morning so im only still up 3lbs now. Im drinking so much im peeing water!! And im not eating any carbs for a couple of days, yesterday and today atleast. Wait!!! I take that back, i had my shredded wheat this morning, ok so no carbs after breakfast!!! lol
Gator, that sounds great to me, i need somebody to help me stay accountable...i have no willpower that sustains me past chocolate. lol
Well, i have to go pick up kids from school, ill post again later.
Thanks again for all the support, I know thats what were here for but it really does go much deeper than that. And yall thought i was out of the mushy stage huh?
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:14 PM   #51  

Default Hello!

Well, the pound was gone - now just to work a little harder on the 3-4 I want to lose asap!!!! So, tonight will throw in a nice long evening walk - especially since the temps here have been very reasonable/pleasant!

Gator - thanks! Hopefully, after reading your post I will catch up with you and VMoore by the end of the year ....that is my goal weight that you are all at!!!

VMoore - WTg on losing those 3 pounds!!!!!

Pancho - that is the pits to lose a whole post after time spent writing it!!!

JackK - wow that is great (all that exercise!)...things are definitely going to be better and thanks - Meanwhile, did you go to a Kentucky Derby party this year and wear a nice new big hat!

Woodfrogs - enjoy the SCUBA lessons - I never could do it, and why? Because I did not want anyone to see me in a wetsuit - I look like a lot of links of sausage! hahaha I just stuck with snorkeling like a chicken....My ds wants to learn - maybe I will one day feel comfortable enough to take lessons with him (he keeps saying he wants to be a Marine Biologist or Engineer)... but you go and have a great time and get certified and enjoy viewing the beautiful reefs. Some States are pretty tough when it comes to handling domestic violence and protecting children, Florida - just my opinion only - is not one of those tough States!

Well, I want to head on over to Starbucks and get a Skinny Iced Cafe Latte for lunch - I don't have time to get food and I was offered bbq, but don't want anything from there either since I have pretty much cut meat out of my diet (seafood still there and eggs are okay)....

Have a great day all!!!! Sabrina
Tranquil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 05:27 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Board's still slow... today is day 3 OP. I went a tad overboard for breakfast this morning. Had 2 cups of Special K's new low carb cereal with 5 small strawberries. A serving is only 3/4 cup. So no more starches after that. Lunch was the same as the past couple days. Big chef salad made with tuna and veggies, ranch dressing. Snack was a heaping spoon of PB. Supper will be spaghetti(no noodles) and salad. If I don't see a loss by tomorrow then I will need to cut back on the fat. I've enjoyed drinking some sf decaffeineated ice tea with lemon. I sweeten it with Splenda, it tastes like the sugarloaded version. Not much going on today. The highlight of my day was going to the tanning bed(woohoo) and will be teaching exercise this evening. Tonight is my TV night, gotta see Kingdom Hospital and ER. Well, SBer's check back later...
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:42 PM   #53  

Here is a fly by from me. I heard from Fillise last night. She is crazy busy until the primary is over, but ok. She said to tell everyone hi.

I am crazy busy too. My dear hubby came home in a bad mood. Not good! I need to go stretch a canvas and get more ducks in a row for tomorrow and Saturday. I did not get anywhere near as much done as I had wanted...my son came over and he is a bit of a talker! LOL catch you all later!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 07:18 PM   #54  

Hi,

Another quick post....

Monet: You are an inspiration....I bought my mother two rose bushes for Mother's Day. I hope they do as well as yours.

Deb: I am so excited for you for Michael. All that and he is wonderful too.

Sef: Type us a few lines to let us know how you are doing.....I miss your cherry posts.

Jack K: Hey to you.

Everyone else: Hi
YellowRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:10 PM   #55  
Little Engine That Could

Nothing much here. Just checking in. I went out with a friend for lunch. I hadn't seen her in a long time and it was great getting together. We went to a French (naturally) restaurant, and I chucked the diet. Or, should I say, WOE. I had foie gras appetizer, salmon on a bed of wilted spinach, and 3 tiny profiteroles for dessert, and--drum roll--a glass of white wine. I haven't had wine in ages, and I can't drink it like I used to. By dinner time I felt somewhat yukky.

Went and lifted the weights with my DH late this afternoon, after which we went out to eat. I had a salad. That's it!! Just a salad. I don't feel yukky any more.

My kids are coming over on Saturday and helping my DH clean out our garage. It is kinda a Mother's Day tradition. The garage gets to looking horrible, and so for MD, I ask for a clean garage, and they clean it up, throwing away a ton of junk. It doesn't get done as often now, since they no longer live here, but this Sat. they are coming over to do it. Even my jerky son, bless his heart.

BTW, did you know that you can say pretty much ANYTHING about someone, and even if it is pretty horrible, if you say "bless his (or her) heart", it comes out sounding OK. For example, "She has a face like a kangaroo, bless her heart." Whattya think?

OK, where is BOB? Debbie, has BOB deserted us? Did my political salvos scare her off? Did she watch one too many movies?

Monet, good luck with the art show. just think, by Monday it will all be over.
I tracked down some more Thyrolar, and now I have enough to get me through the last day of August. So I have quite a stash. The word is that the company that manufactures it will have it back on the market hopefully by September, but they would not say if it was early, mid, or late September. They definitely confirmed that they are still going to be manufacturing it.

Jack-K--Hope you feel great after your treatment. Just take it easy. Not too many more to go.

I was going to sew another skirt this evening--a denim skirt with a fly front. I was using a pattern for the fly front and when I opened the brand new pattern, I discovered that one of the pages of directions was missing. Bummer. Now I'll have to make another run back to the store to get it corrected. The skirt I finished yesterday turned out really well. Cream colored, A-line with a kick-pleat in the front. Fits really well. I end up making a lot of my skirts because I can get them so they fit, whereas the ones in the store are either too tight in the butt or too loose in the waist.

Fruit--What's up?

Well, I'm gonna check out for the evening. Everyone have a great OP day tomorrow.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:05 PM   #56  

Profiteroles, my mouth is watering.....I had sf ice pops and dreamed they were something really devine....

There are quite a few "ole" timers missing from the Board - and I don't mean that by "age" - hehehehehe.....

Well, I have to go pack up DS who is going to Universal Studios Saturday morning, and sleeping over friend's tomorrow night b/c his mom agreed to take them to the bus at 5:30 a.m. - yeah!!!! I get to sleep

Sabrina
Tranquil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:12 PM   #57  

lol gator, dont you wish we were as good as our intentions????? The good thing is you only went off for one meal, not a day or two or even a week. I have pledged to stay OP until next WIW. Then I will pledge again, one day at a time and my goals are one week at a time. Sounds good huh??
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:47 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Friday Morning. So glad it is finally here.

I need a restful weekend after last weekend. Mytreatment went fine, but around 10:00 I started throwing up. The headache started earlier in the evening and I went to bed around 9:00 and up at 10:00 at the throne for 10 minutes. Don't know why the last one went so good and this one didn't. I am just now eating some toast and tea and if it stays down I will take my steriods which seemed to help last time. I did have some frozen yogurt before bed so don't know if that did it or not. Oh well, hopefully it will get better as the day goes on. On a plus side, I have lost 6 pounds since Wed. I know it won't stay, but it was nice to see that number again.

My lunch will not be legal, Campbell's chicken noodle soup. Wasn't sure what would stay down. Dinner was to be fish, but depends on how the day goes. I did do my 20 squats this morning. But will not get a walk in until tomorrow at the earliest. Guess we wil just go out for dinner on Sunday with the kids. No big plans.

VMoore, good to see those extra pounds are coming off quickly. Keep drinking and the last 3 will be gone too. I just don't know why we keep making ourselves lose those same pounds over and over. I like your pledge. I will work good for you.

Tranquil, we went to the Derby and the Okas, but did not wear a hat. I fugure a wig was enough to full with. Don't know how a hat would do on top of that You have been doing so good, I'm sure you will get to your goal by the end of the year. Enjoy your childess day.

Heart, I didn't know the special K was legal? Isn't it made from corn? I miss my corn flakes.

Monet, Hope you get to slow down soon. I'm sure you perked Tom up quickly.

Lynn, Have a great Mother's day. I'm sure your DD willdosomething special for you.

Gator, your lunch didn't sound too bad. Even though I didn't know what a couple things were. I wish I could sew. That is grat that you can make your skirts. yes, the bless his/he does make something mean sound better. I will have to try it.

Bob, Where are you? We are missing you.

Have a great OP day, Hope to check back, if in case I don't, HAPPY MORTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL MOTHERS AND WANNA BE MOMS TO.

Susan, I will be saying a special prayer for you Sunday.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:48 AM   #59  

Quick post- Gator, you had me laughing at the Bless her heart...Today is day 4 OP. Yes, I will get thru the weekend. I feel more in control now. And I was happy to see 165 this AM. 2 more to get back to my low. I had the same thing again for breakfast today. It's grocery day, so it was that or a sandwich. It was a bowl(2 servings) of Special K low carb cereal with 3 strawberries and CC 2% milk. I'm not for sure what lunch will be, BUT you can bet it'll be SB legal. I saw a commercial last night from Sonic saying they now have low carb buns that can be substituted on any burgers. I wonder what they are made from? I've been saying for the past year that the fast food joints need to come out with whole wheat/sf buns. Not much going on right now. Just finished my 4 mile WATP tape. Need a bath and definetly need to shave these "furburgers". Yes, that is what my DH calls my furry legs. Have a good, SBering day!
Old 05-07-2004, 09:56 AM   #60  

Jackk- the Special K came out with a different version called low carb lifestyle. I was reading the ingredients and the first few are wheat bran, soy grits, rice, wheat gluten, soybean oil, whole grain wheat, soy protein, then sugar and all the other crap they put in stuff. I figure it's okay as long as you don't eat half the box at 1 sitting One serving is 3/4 cup which has 9 carbs(had 14, minus 5 for fiber). I ate 2 servings yesterday and this AM. I was down a couple pounds today, so I don't think it affected my weight. Oh yea, the sugar grams are 2 for a serving. You might wanna try it, it's really good and delicious with some strawberries.