Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: DO YOU THINK CALORIES COUNT?
I don't know, do they? 0 0%
No 0 0%
Yes 12 57.14%
Yes, but only ones from certain foods 1 4.76%
Yes, but only if you eat too many 3 14.29%
Not if you eat less than you should 0 0%
They count but I don't count them! 5 23.81%
No, not if no one sees you eating them! 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2004, 05:09 PM   #76  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HOWDY EVERY BUDDY!!!

Thanks so much for all the good birthday wishes. I had a sh*ty day. Wasn't the birthday, wasn't and particular thing....it was just a sh*ty day!

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well.....MONET.... y'all will get back in the groove...maybe it's water weight

GATOR....HB to your DH! Watch out for that cake!

JACKIE...ready for the DERBY???? I'll be getting my Derby pool ready and we'll pull our horses on Friday. Cathy and Greg on the OAKS and then to a Derby Party on Saturday. Jay's BD Party is this Saturday and he's so excited! So wish I could be there, but there is just too many people off already! Are you going to OAKS DAY?

HEART...Hope you had a happy day!
HB to BOOGY too!

VMOORE...glad you had a good dinner...hope your day was a winner too!

I'm off to fix supper. Kate wants breakfast...I got some thick cut bacon the other day so I'm gonna nuke that up.

Tippy is doing good, but didn't eat for 4 days! I gave her some wet food a while ago, fearing that too many more days without nourishment would not be good for her. She has been drinking water, so I wasn't worried about that.

Talk to y'all soon!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:32 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 08:39 PM   #77  

Happy Birthday Heart
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:22 PM   #78  

Good evening everyone! Thank you for all of the advice and the warm welcomes! I'm really excited about this new journey! I actually had a shopper guide and my dog, Chelsea, ATE IT (well chewed it up into bits actually) while I was at work one day. I have another one coming to me off of Ebay! Here is my menu:
B- 1 slice wwbread (2gr sug), 1tsp butter 1 tsp simply fruit spread and an orange
s- scant 1/4 cup of peanuts
L- lite85 yoguart, apple, 1 slice wwbread w/Mustard and turkey
snack- orange
dinner- taco salad w/lean turkey and 1 ww tortilla baked and used as chips
1/2 cup sugar free pudding (my new favorite!).

I am really lucky that DH is doing this with me, he doesn't need to lose as much as I do...but it is MUCH easier for me not having the "illegal" foods anywhere in the house. AND we both FEEL Better! It is funny, we have this rule that we can't have desert unless we workout so we fight for use of the treadmill! Although now that the weather is nice we can go for walks together.

WEll...better get moving. Laundry calls!
MN Dog Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:48 PM   #79  

Happy Birthday Heart!!! I didnt know there were so many of us April babies!!
I did good on eating today, im proud that i only went OP for one meal. Im actually doing it right for once..lol
B- 1 cup shredded wheat 1/2 cup uncle sam w/ blueberries
L- 2 egg sandwich on ww bread
sn- dried apricots
D- 2 ribs 1 cup brocolli, 1/4 cup sliced cucumber w/ spinach dip
(the carb options bbq sauce is good)
Eating light isnt hard when you cant eat and breath at the same time...damn pollen
Pancho, Congrats to Brittany!!
Has anyone heard from sef???? She had her surgery today right?
Alright, E.R. is about to come on so i have to scoot. See ya all tomorrow!!!
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 01:51 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey. I'm up very late tonight. Can't sleep. Well, yesterday I was totally OP and then I was today UNTIL my hubby brought home a cupcake with a candle in it and a pint of Blue Bell's chocolate ice cream. And what did I do? Yep, inhaled it. Geez, why in the world would he do that?! If it wasn't for that, I could have made it thru today. I'm angry at myself for giving in. Anyway, today was an uneventful day. At least this year my DH didn't forget my bday like he has the past 2 years. He bought me some diamond studs(total weight .30 carat) and 2 sets of lingerie. And the stupid cake and ice cream! UGH! Ashley went around telling everyone " My Mom is 28 today!" The big 3-0 is just around the corner now. Thanks for all the bday wishes. My MIL even called to wish me Happy Bday, that was a shock. All in all, it was a good day except for my eating. Speaking of starchy carbs, you can eat 2 slices of Nature's Own wheat and fiber bread and it only equals 10 carbs. I love it and even the rest of my family eats it. Since it came out, that's all I eat for bread now. Anyone eating the BB carb freedom yogurt? That's another one I love. It tastes like a combination between pudding and yogurt with 5 carbs. I find myself eating the lower carb version of stuff like yogurts, milk(carb countdown), ice cream,etc ..all though SB isn't really low carb. Hey, has anyone tried the new McDonald's taco salad without the tortilla strips in it? I was wondering if it's good or not..Well, I'm going to try to go to bed now.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:33 AM   #81  

Good Morning! Scale is still up this morning. Oh well.

I am baking a birthday cake for a party tonight. Thankfully, it will be little temptation, since it does not need to be cut up or anything. Just iced and decorated! Its chocolate, and right now, it smells divine!

I have a busy day again. Last night, I had a meeting for my arts festival. I was feeling cranky and out of sorts, and the lack of progress in getting stuff done for the festival made me want to explode. I think several walked out of there ticked at me. We only have two weeks, and they are talking about redoing graphics that should have been done two weeks ago! grrr. I did not have time to eat before I left for the meeting, so I had a bit of the chicken with forty cloves of garlic when I got home. It was so good... I sure wish I could have had it when it was warm.

I hope I can find time to do more replies this afternoon...

DAY: I switched from Atkins to SB a few years ago, and I don't think I gained. I think I initially lost. Please don't go by me though. I am bonafide weird. I have insulin and metabolic problems. It has taken me 6 years to lose 45 pounds, and I have a lot more to go! Now others, like Teensybean, Mishi, and a few others I know on another board, have switched to try and get out of a stall. All of them have done better on SB than Atkins...I think Teensy took a few weeks to lose, but I know Mishi and two others lost right away. I think its different with everyone. I hope its easy for you!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:51 AM   #82  

TGIF!!!!!

Happy Friday all:

GATOR: I WON'T touch the Terra chips if they aren't legal!! I am determined to lose this weight and don't want to sabotage myself in any way. Thanks for the chocolate info too. Every now and then when I feel like having something sweet I'm glad to know I have options.

JACK-K: Good job on avoiding those desserts! Excellent will power!
Thanks for the info about the chips. I really have to watch my starch intake or I gain weight - so I think I'll just avoid them all together!

MONET: I had the same thought as you about trying just the sweet potato chips, but when I looked them up on the TERRA Chip website, I discovered they have sugar added to them! BUMMER! I'll try nuts instead, I love almonds.

VMOORE: I LOVE E.R. Last night was so good!!

Well, gotta run. Thanks so much for all the input!!

Lara

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I actually excercised last night!! I was able to squeeze in 1.5 miles of the 2 mile WATP tape before my 2 year old got bored!!
I felt TONS better and plan on doing it again tonight.
sxyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:52 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Yeah it's Friday.

It's Derby kickoff weekend here. Lots of things going on all week. Tomorrow we will get up and go to this little infamous pharmacy across from the race track and then watch all the runner for the mini marathon go by. It is so much fun. It almost makes me cry to see how hard these runners work to run 13 miles. Some actually go on to make it a marathon. Not me. Makes me tired just watching them. We will probably go on close to the finish line after that. Then down to the Chow wagon. No legal food there I'm sure. We ususally don't eat there though. That's about it for my weekend. Need to shop to find an outfit for the track sometime.

Did get my 20 minutes on the TM last nite. I was tired, but did it anyway.

Monet, sorry I thought those were the sweet potatoe ones. I though Terra was the brand. Glad you are watching over me.

Bob, yes we are going to the Oaks. We normally just use passes and get in and walk around, but this year we have seats. We will go Derby too. Friends sell us tickets, but the best part is we go into Ceasars Indiana's tent out there and all the fod and drink is free. We stay there until Derby time. Then we swagger out to watch the race. Our office is also going out on Thursday for lunch and a few races. We have a big party for Juvenille Diabetes on Thursday nite. It's a party week. Tomorrow we go to breakfast at Wagner's and stand outside and watch the runners go by for the mini marathon. Gets you in the Derby spirit. Hate that you have to miss Jay's party. Maybe next year.

MN, sounds like you have a plan that is working. Your menu looks good to me. I love the SF pudding too.

Heart, glad you had a nice bd and DH remembered. Don't beat yoruself up about the cupcake, just get back on track today and go with it.

Monet, people should be glad you are getting soemthing done. I hate when people procrastinate over deadlines.

Need to get busy here. Hope to be back later.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:19 AM   #84  

Heartmom: I am so sorry that I missed wishing you a Happy Birtday. It sounds like this particular one was okay and you have a whole year to look forward to an even better one, right?
YellowRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 11:49 AM   #85  

Good Morning:

Guess what? I jumped on the scale this morning (like I do every morning), and it read 118.5#'s. I got on again to make sure, and it said the same thing. Maybe I'll just give up on working out, and I'll lose more weight . I would never do that! Working out gives me such a high! When I workout, I eat A LOT more, and I know that I drink more water too (32 oz during & within 30 minutes of my workout). I'll get to the gym this weekend, and 3 more times next week (hopefully), and be right back up to 120#. I don't need to lose anymore....just continue to tone it up.

I got to Whole Foods yesterday, and bought a bunch of fresh organic fruits & veggies, and pastas, cereals, crackers, cookies, frozen berries & peaches, and my vitamins. Left there spending $113., but feel like I got a lot for the money, and feel so good eating those fresh goods.

Does anyone have a Baja Fresh in their area? I don't know if they are just in AZ or just in the SW, but I went there yesterday for their side by side, and it was FANTASTIC!! They put a bunch of grilled chicken chunks on one side, and a large salad with guacamole, tomatoes, pico de gallo sauce, cheese, etc, on the other side. It was so satisfying....had great flavor and filled me up. It was a nice option; it seems the only thing you can get anywhere else are the wraps. AND, I'm not knocking that...it's better than a year ago when there were no options at all. Sonic's wraps are good too. Yes, I eat out at least once a week when Britt is in school.

Anyway....

BOB: Sorry you had a bad birthday. I hope things are going better for you now. Hope Tippy is back to her normal self soon.

Doglover: So great that DH is doing this with you. It will help keep you both motivated. But, please try not to get discouraged if he starts losing weight faster than you. My DH didnt' even have a pound to lose, but wanted to start eating this way to be healthier, and he started losing like crazy....pissed me off, especially since he didn't have to lose any. Have fun with some of the recipes on the board.

vmoore: It is to important when you splurge to jump right back on the wagon. It is really the difference in succeeding at this woe/wol or not. I used to have the "mind-set" that I screwed up and why not just keep screwing up for a few more days, and then I'll get back on. I don't do that anymore. If I splurge and eat whatever I want for a meal/day, I know it is very important to pick up where I left off the next day, and get serious about it. It is too easy for it to get out of hand. Give yourself a big pat on the back; you've done great!

heart: It was your birthday and a nice gesture from your DH; blow it off and forget about it. I hope you at least enjoyed it!! Wow, 30 in a few years! My last birthday put me closer to 40 than 30....it is scary to think about. I haven't had the BB Carb freedom, just the Lite 85. I did try one called Dannon carb...something, and I really liked it. They were small 4 oz containers. I still like the Lite 85 the best though. Glad your day was special!

Monet: You leave a stressful job just to take on this darn festival...you must just thrive on stress . I'm sure it will all come together and it will turn out fantastic. You've done a lot of hard work on it, and I hope it meets your expectations! Good luck.

Jack-K: Enjoy your derby weekend. Great job on the TM exercise...keep up the great work. How did your dinner turn out last night? Anything good to order on the new menu?

Well, Lane wants me to hold her, so I am going to go get some lovin'.

Take care!
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:29 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Headed home, well actually to happy hour.

Sxyredhead, WTG on getting in that exercise. It makes you feel so good!

Nat, I had never been to the restaurant, but they actually had ww pizza. I had the best spinach salad ever. It was a little pricey for our Thursday nite out, but oh well.

Lyn, missing your posts.

Have a great weekend.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:48 PM   #87  

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Here are your MOVIE PICKS for the weekend:

GOTHIKA

THE INCREDIBLE MRS RITCHIE

THE HAUNTED MANSION

MASTER & COMMANDER

JACKIE....I'm so ENVIOUS!!! We went to the CHOW WAGON while I was up there last year. You're so right...no legal food, but everything I had was YUMMY!!! Have a good time and think about me when y'all are putting down the bets! As usual, I'm pulling for BOB BAFFERT and his horse. Was hoping that PREACHINATHEBAR would be a contender, but I read today that he pulled him, so that leaves WIMBLEDON....Have a great time!

I'm off to fix supper...haven't a clue as to what, but I'm heading in there anyway!

Have a great weekend every buddy!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:23 PM   #88  

OH....MY....GAWD!!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4751816/

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:11 PM   #89  
Little Engine That Could

Well, I did fair, but not good today. Ate really well until about 4 pm. when we went to my DH's office where the secretaries had a little party for him. One brought him a chocolate cake with choc. icing. I had a piece. She also gave him another full cake, same type, to bring home. After I had the piece, it was really weird. The intense chocolate made my blood feel like it was racing through my veins, like a caffeine high. I had no appetite, and we had dinner reservations for 7 pm. Yuck, all that chocolate and sugar. I don't think I will have any of the cake tomorrow. (Hope I still feel that way tomorrow. Teehee.) We shAred everything at dinner. Had one order of sea bass, which we shared. Appetizers of carpaccio, bruschetta and also a salad. No dessert. I didn't even have any wine. That cake did me in!

BOB, you ought to check out a movie called He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not. It is really good. It was released in the US last Feb. and came out recently on DVD and VHS.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 02:50 AM   #90  

Hi,

I can't believe it is almost 2 am and I am so awake. I went right to sleep when I went to bed but awoke after about 3 hours. I wonder what's with that!!!!

Has anyone heard anything from Sef? I have been thinking about her alot. Sef, if you get to read this, please have someone type a note to us and let us know how everythng with the surgery went.

Jack-K: Thank you for the note about missing me....you are always so kind to think of me. I am not doing well with being on program and need to get things together.
YellowRose is offline   Reply With Quote