Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: DO YOU THINK CALORIES COUNT?
I don't know, do they? 0 0%
No 0 0%
Yes 12 57.14%
Yes, but only ones from certain foods 1 4.76%
Yes, but only if you eat too many 3 14.29%
Not if you eat less than you should 0 0%
They count but I don't count them! 5 23.81%
No, not if no one sees you eating them! 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2004, 11:44 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 4/19-4/25

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...476#post565476

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:50 PM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

I really hope that I'm able to get on the board today and make a post, but either way, I wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today-both good

DEFINING MOMENT

This is the moment that divides the past from the future. And this is the moment that you control. It's a powerful place to be. What you do right now will determine what you carry from your past into your future.

You can choose to hold on to all the good, empowering things such as your knowledge, your positive relationships, your wisdom and experience. And you can choose to move beyond those things that have held you back, such as negative habits and low expectations.

If you've dragged yourself down, if you've held yourself back, now is your opportunity to begin moving yourself forward. Now is the time when you can put all your past experience, whatever it has been, to positive and productive use.

The past does not equal the future, and right now is the moment that proves it. Right now is a doorway through which you can carry those things that will bring a brighter future.

See this moment for all it is, and live it fully for all you can be.

-- Ralph Marston

SHINE A POSITIVE LIGHT

Feeling negative about your situation only serves to keep you stuck in that situation. Is that really what you want?The situation may indeed be very difficult. And as such, the best thing you can do is to move positively away from it, leaving those difficulties behind.

Finding the positive possibilities will provide you with a way forward. Looking for the positive aspects of a difficult situation is not naive; it is a shrewd, realistic and effective strategy. Discouragement is never a foregone conclusion. It is only one of many responses that you can choose.

There is indeed a way out, a way forward. Do you want to find that way? If so, then shine a positive light on the situation rather than getting mired in its difficulties. Choose to move forward, and you'll make a way to do it.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:39 AM   #3  

Default Good Monday morning

Hi everyone,
It's Monday and I feel like I need to get back on track. So I'm recommitting today and every day. Ate too many starchy carbs this weekend, and a small piece of birthday cake besides(but at least it was small).
Did some minor work in the garden Sun morning, will do more tomorrow and Wed(non gym days). And then I leave on Fri to go to WA and visit Mom.
The BEST news Saturday! DS got a scholarship to his college of choice! $7000 per year. A huge help! Although this mostly helps his father, since we had discussed splitting college costs per child. But it also takes a load off my mind since his father had been crying poverty(again). ex-DH's can be a royal pain...
todays menu -
b- bacon, egg and cheese on sgww toast
s and l- carb control yogurt, orange, sf jello, sf applesauce
d- not sure yet, probably steak and veggies.

will also go to the gym later this afternoon.
I didn't get a chance to even look at posts over the weekend, but I hope to check them later. Have a great day everyone!
Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning!

So glad to be back on here. Had my treatment Thursday. Didn't have any problems, as long as you don't tell me anything important on that day. Can't remember anything. Never got sick. friday was pretty good as good as you can feel on that stuff. But at least I wasn't sick. They gave me steroids in my IV and as a prescriptionso I think that really helped. Really felt pretty good all weekend. Saturday worked int he yard with mulch and cleaned the house. We went to Thunder over Lou (Huge fireworks show) It was nice. Yesterday we cut grass and I was out int he sun all day and am really red today. I was pretty white. Got to get back on track mainl with exercising. My but is too big for my pants. So since I am feeling ok I am getting right back on track with my eating and exercising. Still can't do wts but I will do something else.
We really need to get this board going. There were only 4 pages last week. I know I desparately need this board and all of you. Please lets try hard to get it going and keep it going. I will try harder to get on here. I start gaining quickly without you guys to keep my honest.

Teensy, I am so sorry to hear you had to lose Bazal. I know you are hurting. But he is no longer hurting. I pray you find some comfort.

Bob so good to see a post from you. I was wondering aobut you. We really need to make an effort to get this board going again. I need it.

Sef, It is always a good thing to have things in order but I'm sure you will be fine. How sweet to give your sona nd SIL those things. I know she really appreciates it. Good luck to you. I will be praying for you on Wed and before and after too.

VMoore, so sorry about your DH. Hope she is not in too muchpain today. That's a mother's worst fear.

Missy, You go girl, keep up that walking. It will do you good all the way around. Hey at least something is growing. 7 babies would be fun I know better. Still praying for you to be a fertile turtle.

Talitha, So good to see you agian. We need to get everyone back on here and this board going again. Selah talking in Spanish, how cool. Congrats onyoru new home.

Gator, congrats on the 1/2 pound. You seem to be on a good losing streak.

Arcayne, 58.5 pounds is awesome. You will be under 300 soon. Keep up the good work.

Sxyredhead, Hi, Havea great day.

Heartmom, You know what to do (just like me) We just need to do it. I am recommitting today!

Woodfrogs, I with you 100% today. Let's do it!

Country, Well we went for 40's to 83 yesterday. Much better as far as I am concerned.

have a great day. I will be back promise!

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:30 AM   #5  

JACK: Was it something I said?
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:33 AM   #6  

Hi all:

The board is sooo slow, but easier for me to keep up with, but I'd rather see it pick up!!

I have to report that although I haven't been on as much as usual, I am still staying OP. The board helps keep us all motivated, but I have made a commitment to eat this way for the rest of my life no matter what! So, if I lost my computer tomorrow, I'd still be on SB for the rest of my life. I just feel so much better.

My DH keeps dropping weight, and I told him that not all carbs are bad, and that he really needs to start eating more. He is at High School weight. He is 6'1", and around 170. He looks so good around 180-185. He is very muscular and has a great build, but I dont' want him to lose anymore. I don't think he wants to either. I've gotta try to fatten him up a bit, without gaining any myself. He is also very active. He goes to the gym 3x per week, and spent all weekend out in our yard digging and pouring footings for our new walls we are putting up for flower beds. He never sits still.

Anyway....I am eating good and haven't had the time to exercise like I should, but hope to get back into that later this week.

I made a pie over the weekend with the Lucky Leaf NSA Apple pie filling and a whole wheat pie crust; it turned out well. We had it with Blue Bunny NSA vanilla ice cream...yummy!

Vmoore: So sorry to hear about Heather; I hope she is feeling better soon. So glad it wasn't worse!!

Wood: Have fun with mom. Congrats to DS; that must really put your mind at ease. Now you can relax a bit!

Jack-K: So glad to hear that you tolerated your round of treatment better. I hope each one gets easier for you! I think of you often!

Monet: Hi!

Teensy: Hope you are doing o.k. today. I know you are missing Bazal...and even though your heart hurts, he isn't hurting anymore. Hang in there, and love on those other puppies of yours.

Everyone, have a great day!!

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 02:13 PM   #7  

Hey Everybody! I finally return after my 3 week sugarbuster hiatus. My diet has lately been more like my exercise ...5 days on, 2 days OFF. I know I need to get back on track or I will keep gaining and losing the same miserable 5 pounds. So far, So good today.

JackK- So glad to hear your treatment was OK. I have been thinking about you a lot and will make a concerted effort to get to the boards more frequently. I have a hand me down computer now, so hopefully I can chat more often.

Pancho- Could your hubby supplement with protein shakes until he gets back to his ideal weight? How are your children? How is that nutrition class? Maybe you should think about working on your personal trainer certification.

Woodfrogs- congrats to your son. That is awesome!!!!

All this talk about colleges has me wanting to go back to school!!!!! Have a great day everyone. I have missed all of you!!!
jackieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:07 PM   #8  

Had a minute so thought I would check in. Glad to see some more posts today. Hope it continues.

So far so good today.
BF 3 oz yogurt, 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, 2 pieces cinnamon toast. (count as 1 carb as they are 35 calories ea)
lunch was egg salad sandwich on same bread and an apple.
Snack was celery sticks and pb.
Dinner is steak, salad and 1/2 sweet potato and maybe another veggie. I don't like to eat 3 carbs but I am struggeling to find things I like to eat.
Drinking my water even though it tastes yucky. Water and tea doesn't have much taste to me now. I am normally drinking sf lemonade for something tart. Wish my appetite would decrease along with my taste. All I want is junk. But I know I can't do that so making a good effort to be legal.
Did some wall squats at lunch. Will walk tonight and do some leg lifts. Will be concentrating on lower body since I can't do wts yet or situps.

Monet, I am so sorry. I would never leave you out intentionally. I have chemo brain remember. I get reading all the posts and forget to make notes. I love you dearly so don't take it personally please.

Nat, it is so unfair how men lose much quicker than us. But they burn a lot more than we do too. You are doing great and won't have to worry about getting fat along with DH. I do agree that is is for life. Even when I am off, Sb is haunting my thoughts.

Ashley, so glad to hear from you. Thought we lost you for awhile. Glad you got some type of computer anyway. You will get right back into diet and exercise. That's what I am trying to do. even did some wall squats at lunch. Will walk tonight too. Glad to see you.

May be back later if I can.

Jackie
Old 04-19-2004, 04:16 PM   #9  

JACK: Ditto... Figured you just missed me, but had to harrass you about it!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:26 PM   #10  
Little Engine That Could

Jack-K--Looks like a pretty good day, foodwise. A good balance of all the right stuff. Glad this treatment went so much better. Now, only 7 more to go, right.

I mentioned that I have my final oral exam this Thursday at noon. So I have 2 full days to think about French and get mentally prepared. Well--all that is OFF~! The prof. e-mailed today and said she had to change the dates and so I am slated for noon TOMORROW. Yikes! My DH says not to worry, that I will talk OK. I don't know about that, but it is very nerve wracking to not have that time I was counting on to prepare myself mentally. I've been studying vocab. all day long, and am just mentally tired right now. I don't know if I can get all those French words to stay in my head without something leaking out! LOl

So far today, I have walked 2 miles this morning and whatever around the house between my desk and kitchen. I also had my precious Roomba doing my vacuuming and I had to walk a bit to set up the rooms, etc. 6400 steps so far, so I need about 4000 more to reach my daily goal.
Meals:
B--Hi carb pancakes with berries and SF syrup
L--4 oz. ground sirloin hamburger on 1 sl. SGWW bread with tomatoes, lettuce, onion, catsup and must. 1/2 C. black beans and 1/2 grapefruit.
Sn. 1/2 c. cottage cheese, 1 sl. fresh pineapple 2 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 grapefruit
D.--3 oz WW spaghetti with homemade clam sauce. Lettuce salad.
H2O
Somewhere around 1350 cals., 90 gms protein, 30 gms fiber.

Arcayne--congrats on the weight loss. Keep sticking with it!

Jack-K--don't be too hard on yourself. Just going through the chemo is plenty on your plate (excuse the simile) so just do the best you can. Just try to eat as healthily as you can so your body is equipped to work its very best. Plenty of protein, healthy carbs., plenty of fluids, etc. Maybe now you can be concentrating on the exercise so that when you're finished with the chemo you are all set to jump into exercise AND eating.

Teensy--How're you doin'? We're all sad for you and with you.

BOB--Nice to see you back. We've missed you. Tell us more about what's happenin' in your life. How's the ole body doin'?

Monet--How is everything going. Are you doing better with all your tests?

Gotta go. Talk later.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:50 PM   #11  

Gator, better than that only 6 more to go. Woo Hoo! Don't fret about your exam. You will ace it with flying colors. Don't let the shortened time sike you out.

Jackie
Old 04-19-2004, 05:48 PM   #12  

Default How boy do i need a miracle

undefined
I have Tried Lots of differnt diets, and because of one thing or another I didnt lose much.

My doctor told me to try this.. would be good for my type 2 diabetes..
and keep me more full..

So I desperatly need to lose 50 lpounds. I can use any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Miracles
Miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:06 PM   #13  

Trying hard to work my way back here. I'm way out of control. But am slowly getting back in the groove. I've been lurking here and hopeing I would get back to SB... Good to see you all.....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:26 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!

YES!!!! BOB IS BACK!!

As I said before, it's been **** over here!!!!!!!

GATOR....the BOD is BAD....I'm in need of a complete overhaul! I've let myself go and I do mean GO!!!

I need the but SHE'S NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!!!!

JACKIE...I'm here for you girlfriend Just been a little MIA lately!
I think I'm back in full force now though. Hope everything is going ok for you. I know this is a rough time for you so count on ME for SUPPORT!!!! I'm not coming to L'ville for Jay's birthday. Couldn't get off, but hope to make a trip sometime this summer...I'll catch up with you then.

MONET....Never been to a funeral reception like the one you described this weekend. In fact, I've never had Jamacian food! Not even Jerk Chicken!

MIRACLES....{{{{{{{{{{{WELCOME}}}}}}}}}} to our little corner of the board! Hope we can help you. We're a pretty lively bunch most of the time, but we've been in a lull of somewhat.

PANCHO....What's up girlfriend?

JACKIE-O ....What's up in Otown?

BARB...CONGRATS TO YOU SON!!!! Where does he want to go? We can always use another student at THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE!! Of course, GATOR would say otherwise

Better scoot...Tippy had her surgery today...no babies for her! She's asleep in one of her beds, right here beside me...she was 3 lbs 9 oz , but I think she probably lost that 9 oz today!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:32 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:28 PM   #15  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Hey TONI!!!

We were posting at the same time. I'm in the same boat as you! We CAN DO THIS....
TOGETHER!!!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote