Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: DO YOU THINK CALORIES COUNT?
I don't know, do they? 0 0%
No 0 0%
Yes 12 57.14%
Yes, but only ones from certain foods 1 4.76%
Yes, but only if you eat too many 3 14.29%
Not if you eat less than you should 0 0%
They count but I don't count them! 5 23.81%
No, not if no one sees you eating them! 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2004, 06:38 PM   #16  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Check this out .....it's really cool!!

http://www.neen.org/demo/clinger.swf

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 04-26-2006 at 07:32 PM.
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:13 PM   #17  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

Yes, it's me Newbies are thinking, who the **** is that!?!

Finally, I can post! There is no one home and no one to tell me to get off the computer. Bad thing is, my brain is friend and life is boring and there really isn't a whole lot to tell

MICHAEL is at YALE and thanks to CHERYLCO, made it there safe and sound. He fell in love with it from the get go and that's where he's going to be going to college He's there til tomorrow and I have to pick him and SUZY and her parents up at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to hearing everything about Yale and his thoughts about the college. I'm sure he'll have lots of pictures to show me as well.

Not much to tell you about me, really, life is so boring. I'm just tired and run down. Developed a really painful kidney infection last week that's hanging on, which also gave me a lovely yeast infection on top of that. Trying to flush it out, really don't want to go to the Dr. if I can help it. Yesterday it was so bad I wanted to take an ice pick to my crouch

Haven't had a good nights sleep in I don't know how long. With ELI being sick and shaking the bed when he coughed (instead of Mr. Coffee he was Mr. Coughy). then with his sister visiting us til Wednesday, helping ELI with his manager reviews (last night til after 1am)m I really look like ****, my eyes are actually burning and red and I'm just pooped!

More papers to fill out for college - oh joy oh joy. Have to call Yale when MICHAEL returns to see if they can fix the fin. aid - have to take him to get pics that need to be in before the 7th of May. Just too many things to do. Before I know it, he'll be in CT! Have to find a way to get him there - looking at all the possibilities. TRANQUIL said she'd take time off from work and drive from JAX with us but I really don't want to drive 3 days up and 3 days back - may look in to flying up and shipping his junk. Looking forward to one way or another meeting CHERYL!

Eating has sucked - but I'm trying to get back on track. It's hard - you all know where I'm coming from

Ebay - threw 10 items on there late Sat. night - usually it's Friday but I haven't had time to do even that. I'm behind in what I expect to make each month - of all months to be behind the month I need it most - just not enough hours in the day. On top of that, I have 30 parents to find to volunteer for written exams starting in 2 weeks and I haven't done that - have to get on the ball before I get in trouble - my last big assignment!

I haven't a clue what's going on with everyone on the board - I use to at least be able to find time to read the boards, even if I couldn't reply, but haven't been able to even do that. Going to try and get in a few replies...

WOOD, CONGRATS TO DS for the scholarship! Hey, it must be man thing, MICHAEL'S father is crying poor too. I told him he's going to have to shell out a lot more than just tuition - he's such a tightwad! I know he has money - he just doesn't like to touch it.

JACKK, tried to call you the other day, just to touch base - you weren't home I feel bad the board is slow and feel responsible for it. I know I've neglected the board and everyone on it, but it's not intentional, but it doesn't make me feel any less bad. Thank you for pushing the envelope out to everyone! Will try to call again soon.

PANCHO, I have some cans of the LL apple and cherry, never used them, not sure if they are still even good - did you like them? How'd the pie come out? Make the crust from scratch?

JACKIE, I'm with you with getting back on track!

MONET, maybe your breath??? How's things by you???

GATOR, do you ever run in to SOLSHINE? I lost touch with VEESNA - her phone has been disc. for a long time - wonder if she went back to her country.

MIRALCES, The gals are here and ready to help. Have you read the book yet?

TONI - hi!!!

BOB, excuse me, I am here and have tried to CALL YOU A DOZEN PLUS TIMES! If you stayed off the dang computer and free up the phone, I'd get in touch with you - maybe tonight - be afraid, very afraid..

To anyone else I may of missed, I send earthly greetings.

Will get on tomorrow morning - should be free. THankfully, I got all my Ebay packages sent out today and have nothing to send out tomorrow, so I should have a little free time to post in the am. I think I may go veg out on the couch, maybe catch a few zzzzz's!

Toodles

Deb
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:27 PM   #18  

Good afternoon:

Glad to see the board picking up some.

Not sure what is for dinner yet; I've got to get better about planning ahead. Had a great dinner last night....salmon, shrimp, broccoli, rice pilaf...followed up with apple pie ala mode. Tonight will be pretty boring, I'm afraid.

I am in charge of planning the activities for teacher appreciation next week at Britt's school, so I haven't had much time to work out. I look forward to getting back into my normal workout routine.

jackieO: Welcome back; glad you are back on track. I am sure my DH could supplement with protein shakes...if he'd find the time. The kiddos are doing great; thanks for asking. The nutrition class has been awesome, and I have really learned a lot. I have been looking into personal training a little here and there, but won't get too serious until Lane starts school in a few years.

Gator: Good luck with exam; you will do great!

Miracles: Welcome to the board. Good luck to you, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Toni: Hope to see your posts more often!!

BOB: Godd to see you back. Hope Tippy is back to her normal self soon. You did the right thing, even though it hurts to see them hurt.

Deb: So glad Michael has made up his mind. Now, maybe life will slow down a bit for a little while. Hope Eli is feeling better now, and that you get to feeling better soon. I have had the pie filling for months too, and finally decided to try it. I think it turned out pretty good. I think I will like the cherry pie filling better though. I did not make the crust from scratch; I found a legal one at Whole Foods, and it cooked up nice.

Well, better go tend to the kiddos!

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:58 PM   #19  
sef

HiedeeHo All!

Didn't get here yesterday. I had shut off the computer before I went to bed Saturday night. Sunday morning it wouldn't turn back on. Didn't feel too great so let it go. Today I crawled under the desk, found nothing wrong. Turned off surge bar, turned it back off, hit computer button and Presto!!!

V: So sorry about your DD. I will certainly remember her in my prayers.

MONET: I don't know if I am so sweet or not! I have given my DD a lot of things over the years, which apparently don't count with her. All she seems to worry about is more. I really waited too long before I decided what to do. I have set things in motion for my beneficiary to be changed on my insurance policy, to put DS as tenant in common on a few stocks I own, The state of LA has some different will laws than PA. So for now I have to handwrite a will, date all pages and sign. It cannot be notarized (I found this out today). If I don't die during surgery I will get a regular will drawn up and signature cannot be challenged then. I do not have much other than insurance and my antiques, collectibles, depression glass and 9 y/o car. I just feel my DS and DIL are caring for me physically and financially no questions asked. They give me love and respect every day, just not with an occasional call or a holiday card. My DD sent me some money when things were tight before I got SS for three months and I had to plead for the 300. Some of you know the situation with her. I just decided that DS was entitled to what little I have. I have not told either of them my intentions. No need for them to stew about anything, I don't plan on dying!!!! But I want DS protected. IF DD changes her attitude over the years I can always write a new will if I want.

Sorry I'm just overwrought!!!!

WOOD: How wonderful your DS qualified for scholarship. Don't think of it helping your ex, think of your son's smarts!

JACKK: Glad to hear you are tolerating things well. Thanx for encouragement.

JACKIO: You will get back on track, you want to maintain your great loss and figure!

MIRACLE: Get the book from the library. This is a great woe. You'll find lots of hekp here.

DEBBIE: Doing a dance for Michael!!!!!!!!

Okay gotta go hurts to sit here. Time for Jonathon Creek on BBC.

Take care,
Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:26 PM   #20  
Little Engine That Could

Debbie--So Michael will now be an Eli. THat's what they call Yalies. I think Eli somebody or other founded that college and so they call Yale students Elis. Funny, huh. Now you have two Elis.

Sef--Tell me exactly what day your surgery is, again, and what time is it scheduled for. If I am not taking my French exam then, I can pray for you then. I definitely understand about the will, etc. I would do the same thing, and have been thinking about making some changes in my will for somewhat the same reasons. I would say that it is your daughter's loss, and I regret for her what she missed in a good relationship with you. I'm sad for you, too, as I know that you have longed for that good relationship with her. But our children make their own choices, as you and I both have discovered to our sadness. In my case, it is my son who is MIA.

Miracle--WELCOME! I am a member of the "need to lose 50 pounds" club, like you. So, again, a special welcome from someone like you. In the last couple of weeks I have lost several pounds and so now, as of today, need to lose 45 pounds. So, we are in this together. Yes, get the book. I have been a member of this board for over 2 years, maybe going on 3 years, and have ditzed around and really struggled with losing anything. I discovered that my thyroid was not working like it should, and have been on thyroid meds for about a year now. My progress lately has come because I have finally set out some daily menus for myself, that I am able to follow easily. I spent several days researching the numbers--protein grams, fiber grams, calories, fats, etc. I eat quite healthy, with all whole wheat products--even spaghetti, which I am having tonight, with clam sauce. I eat little fats, and no cookies, cakes, etc. Well--occasionally I have a little treat, but I am learning now to stay sane and not just go crazy and eat like a lunatic. That's probably why I got to this weight in the first place.!!! Anyway, welcome again.

BOB, glad you are back in the land of the living. Am I gonna have to come over and kick your butt? Watza matter, girl? You were going great guns. Gotta get back in gear. You can do this, you know.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:46 PM   #21  

Just a drive by but wanted to post. I have been running heather around to dr.s today. Her regular dr. told her she looked good but the chiropracter said she was all out of alignment so he's working on that. Shes doing better, does great in the afternoon but stiff in morning and evening. We found out the car flipped twice
Im such an airhead right now, i just skimmed post and remember someone is having surgery (self maybe?) Ill check on that when im done but let us know when.
Miracles, welcome. I to am diabetic and my dr. told me today she wants a 14 day average from me and she may have to cut my meds in half!!!!! Im on pills so im halfway there!!
Please forgive me if i forgot something or someone important, im really not myself right now. I keep thinking about the wreck , the phone call, the car...ect... Everytime i do i cry again. Its started to worry my hubby. Tonight on The Swan (yes another reality show im hooked on) while one woman was there she got a phone call that her daughter had been in a wreck and i totaly lost it and ran out of the room crying. Stupid huh? I just cant get past the idea that i almost lost my daughter. Anyway, im rambling again.
Deb, Congrats to that boy of yours!!!!

So much for my drive by, its a rambling book..lol

Valerie
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:46 PM   #22  

Hello all! Seems like ages since I've been here. Still hanging on & fighting the battle.

Thought I'd add a MM that I just read from Denise Austin.

A big part of success is believing you can succeed. Is the voice inside your head saying, "I can do this"? Or is it saying, "I can't do this"? Be aware of the messages you're sending yourself—they're a lot more powerful than you think! Make a note of negative thoughts in your Journal, and then make a conscious effort to replace them with positive ones! Instead of thinking, "I should" or "I wish" or "I hope," tell yourself, "I WILL!" Visualize reaching your goals, sticking to the plan, and enjoying your newfound health and energy! Draw or cut out photos of how you'd like to look and clothes you'd like to wear, and paste them in your journal for inspiration. Tell yourself, "I like exercise," and "I feel so much better when I eat right and drink my water." Psychologists say your subconscious mind will make whatever you tell it a reality—so think positive and see yourself living th! e life of your dreams! You deserve it!

ALSO WANTED TO WISH A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NARDA FOR TOMORROW! HOPE IT'S A GOOD ONE BOB!!

Last edited by Melf; 04-19-2004 at 11:48 PM.
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:13 AM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy!!

I was an eating machine this weekend. But I'm doing somewhat better today. ((((((((Everybody)))))))))) It was such a treat to come online this evening to see all the posts from everyone.

Welcome Miracles!

Colleen, I am so sorry about your precious pup Bazal.

Jack-K...woo hoo on only 6 more treatments!!!!

Deb....(((hugzz))) praying you get some rest. Congratulations to Michael.

Monet, JackieO, Melf, Sef, Vmoore,Gator, Bob, Toni, Poncho and anyone I am missing...major hugs.

Love,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:33 AM   #24  

IT'S NARDA'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!

Old 04-20-2004, 07:49 AM   #25  

Morning!

Still pooped, once again, not a good nights sleep. Didn't remember THE SWAN was on, and wanted to watch it, so I didn't get to sleep til well after 10pm. Then I hear ELI come in around 3am so that woke me up for a little bit - 2 charlie horses sprang me up in bed (damn those things hurt!) and then the phone rang at 6am from a parent who wanted to know about the deadline for the dinner the foundation is having. I'd love to go climb back in bed with the coffee man but once I'm up, I'm up. I don't know how he does it, he was at work yesterday morning around 6am and up til after 3am, he's going to die among the coffee grounds!

Spoke to CHERYL last night - can't wait to meet her myself, which should be in August when I take MICHAEL up to YALE. Of course, I already forewarned her I'll need at least a few hours at one of the many TJ'S up there - I'll be in heaven!!!!!! I think I may look in to flying and shipping his stuff up - I can't see me driving 6 days total to stay somewhere for 1 or 2 days - won't chance my car to go that far, not with 104K miles on it! Have to check out prices on different airlines and car rental places.

PANCHO, I suspect that life won't settle down until after MICHAEL graduates, if that. More like after he starts college, then I will have the computer almost all the time. There is going to be so much to do before he graduates it's not funny. I have the whole month of May to get parents to proctor for the all important IB written tests, have the Senior Banquet to go to, a breakfast at a really ritzy hotel for the Top 10 kids in each academy, he has prom, he has awards night, papers that need to be filled, just a lot of crap that I'm not use to having to deal with. But in time, it will settle down, just have a few more months of it all.

SEF, hope you got that e-mail and it was what you were looking for. I know you didn't send it to me but figured I could probably find it. Surgery? What surgery?

GATOR, I know on campus they have ELI BUCKS for the kids to use, but didn't know they called them ELI'S - oh gosh no, I don't need 2 ELI'S! One's bad enough!

VMOORE, I'm sorry I've been out of the loop and not knowing what happend to DD - hope she is okay - guess I should try to find the old post about what happened. I saw the SWAN show last night too but missed the actual part she got the call, but know the jist of it - her heart must of stopped! I'm sure the same thing happened to you as it would with any parent - no one wants to get any calls like that!!! Glad to know she's doing well.

MELF, hope the new position is going well. Will call you soon!

COUNTRY, I got you beat, eating machine for months - hoping I've pulled the plug!!!

BOB, so how are you going to celebrate your 75th??????

Okay, I'm going to go in to the kitchen and tidy up, it's a bit of a mess

Will check in later.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 04-20-2004, 08:31 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

BOB,
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TODAY! HOPE IT IS A GREAT ONE! YOU DESERVE IT. Here's to you

Love ya.
Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:37 AM   #27  

Default Good Tuesday morning

Hi everyone,
So glad to see the board a little more active now. It really helps me out alot, even if I don't have time to read and post. Managed to walk 2 miles on the treadmill last night. AT work we were building a section of trail, so I guess that counts as exercise too. Got some good sun yesterday!
menu for today -
b - egg and bacon on sgww toast(one slice)
l - carb control yogurt, sf jello, sf applesauce
d - not sure yet I have to go to the grocery store.
I'm heading out on Fri, and the family gave me a 2 page grocery list! You'd think they didn't know where the store was!

deb - only 104K?? My last car had 240K on it when I traded it in, and I drove it 180 miles(at least) every day. Yes, it was the commute from ****. But if the car isn't reliable, it's not worth the aggravation. Maybe renting a van would work? Both DS's are only going to be 30 mins from hone, so at least that part will be easy. Isn't it amazing how the kids just *know* when a school fits them? My kids both just knew after the visit that they wanted this smaller school. I hope that you and ELI are feeling better soon, sounds like it's been a rough spot.

Miracle - I need to lose at least 50 more pounds, so I know how you feel. This has been a great WOE for me, and I hope that you feel that way too.

Pancho - the salmon and shrimp is making my mouth water! I wish I could get my DH to do something productive about his weight, but he won't change the way he eats, and he won't join the gym with me either. He could lose 20 pounds and he'd look fab...

For everyone else hi! and I hope to get back on here later...we have a new baby cow at work, and I have to go check her out!

Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:43 AM   #28  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG ORANGE BABE!

Here is a cake just for you! Don't eat it though!

Which birthday is this? Remember now what happened to Pinocchio! Tell the truth!

My little friend here, and I were trying to figure out a great for you! We looked high and low! Alas, all we could find were these ! So instead, I had a drink and raised a toast to you! Take a bow! You deserve it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG ORANGE BABE!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:54 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Tuesday,

Even though I have been up since 2:30 I feel great! I walked last night. had a legal dinner. Got some things accomplished around the house. Got up this morning and walked on the TM for 16 mintues and I am loving life. I feel so much better about everything when I am on track, with eating and exercising. Why don't we realize this and stick to it?
My bf (even though it tasted horrible was 1/2 grapefruit, 5 prunes (same old problem) and 1/2 pbj sandwich and 1/2 c milk. We are going to a Boy Scout Lunch today. It will be fine. Usually roast beef, chicken, salad, etc. I will be good.
I am so excited to see the board picking up. Thanks to everyone. I really need it.

Miracles, welcome t SB. This is a great diet. Or we consider it a way of life (WOL). It wroks and it is safe for you. Plenty of veggies and fruits and no bad stuff. I have lost 100 lbs and could have never done it w/o this board. Ask any questionsyou may have and good luck to you.

Toni, glad to see you. We need to get this board going again and all the oldies back and on track. I am trying desparately to get there too. Stay on here please.

Bob, you better believe you will catch up to me when you come this summer. No way are we going to miss each other again. Seems like we all have gone to far off course. We need each other to do this and we need to stay on here to do it. I'm here.

Deb, so glad to see you too. We have missed you. First of all, you need to STOP and take time for Deb. If you never put yourself first, you willsuffer. Your kids are old enough to give you some time and Eli too. So glad Michael decided on Yale. Wow you have a Yale man! How exciting and proud you must be. Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. But again, take care of yourself first. It is important. Maybe a dr visit would be helpful in other ways too. Hope you can spend some more time with us.

nat, glad you mentioned the ww pie crust. We now have a WF and I will look for one there. Your dinner sounded delish.

Sef, don't you love it when those computers problems are easy to fix. I think you are smart to do what you did. Your DS and Dil have taken care of you and they deserve to be rewarded for it. Your DD will probably throw a fit, but then she needs to examine your conscience a little. Don't despair, you are noting dying during surgery. Take care and good luck tomorrow. Prayers for you all day long.

Gator, good luck on that exam. You will ace it!

VMoore, I can't imagine what you are going through,e ven though your DD is ok. That is the dreaded phone call any mother never wants to get. I'm so glad she is ok.

melf, I can do this! Thanks!

Country, time to get in touch with ourselves and stop this silliness. Let's do it!

Monet: Hope you have a great day!

Off to get some work started before I crash here. Have a wonderful happy OP day!

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 09:32 AM   #30  
Little Engine That Could

Debbie--LOL, Yep, now you have another Eli!

BOB--Have a happy Don't go and eat a ton of cake for your big day. Just a small slice will do.

I walked my 2 miles today. I'm getting more used to it now and the weather is so beautiful that it is not as hard as it was at first.

Breakfast today:
1 solf boiled egg, 1/2 grapefruit, 1 cup shredded wheat with 1/2 c. milk and some strawberries. A big breakfast, but all in my daily plan. I'm having yummy baked chicken tonight.

I'm still trying to relax about my oral exam today. Hope I can think straight. I can talk French OK in my head and to myself, but in front of the teacher, extemporaneously it is more difficult.

Glad to see everyone back. We are still missing Filise. Where is she?
Well, gotta go. Just wanted to check in for the day.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote