Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: DO YOU THINK CALORIES COUNT?
I don't know, do they? 0 0%
No 0 0%
Yes 12 57.14%
Yes, but only ones from certain foods 1 4.76%
Yes, but only if you eat too many 3 14.29%
Not if you eat less than you should 0 0%
They count but I don't count them! 5 23.81%
No, not if no one sees you eating them! 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2004, 11:56 PM   #46  

Hi

It is still before midnight here so.....

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NARDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you had a wonderful day!
YellowRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:56 AM   #47  

Good WIW everyone!!! I got up this morning and im 2 1/2 pounds down this week. Im at 181.5!! Omg 170's are coming!! Ill check in later
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:13 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good WIW

Hope the scale is good to everyone today. It was not to me and I can't even write those numbers down. How easy it is to gain it back and much quicker than losing it.

I was exhausted when I got home last night. We did get our 2 mile walk in. My legs hurt so badly. I had done some squats and leg lifts earlier in the week and they were killing me. It hurts just to sit down to use the bathroom. I was too tired to cook dinner and since we had to go to the store too we ate out. Mexican. Need not say more. All I want and can taste is salt. So all I wanted was chips.Somebody beat me in the head, will you?

Really tired today. Didn't want to get up. Thought about calling in late but I didn't. May leave early today.

Toni, how great to see you back on the boards. We almost have the whole gang back. Hoping you find your way back on track quickly.

Beth, You are the Still OP! I am so proud and envious of you.

Wood, I bet that calf was a cutie.

Monet, spending others moneyis the best. Have fun at curves,

Sef, Sending many prayers your way today! Good luck.

VMoore, Did we miss your birthday? I hope not. Happy one whenever it is. Hope you can taste that food. I sure know that feeling. Congrats on the loss.

Yellowrose,

Have a great day. I am so far OP.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:57 AM   #49  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Wiw

Good morning. WIW was kind to me...down 3 back to 156 again...LOL up down up down...

Jack-K...you know if you wanted chips then I'm glad you ate them. Last time we went out for Mexican I enjoyed them as well. I think it's okay to eat the things we like from time to time. It's all about balance. You'll get that weight back down in no time. Once your treatments are over things will be so much easier.

Vmoore...woo hoo on the new low!

Monet...wow! That's a huge shipping fee. I agree, seems like they should cut the rate some when you order so much.

Beth...awesome on staying OP!!!!!

Toni..you'll be back on track before you know it. It can be hard with the extra goodies in the house. One reason I fall prey to the chip bag on occasion. My house is not a SB friendly enviorment.

We are heading to mom's shortly.

Have a GREAT day!

Love,
Crystle

235/156/140
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:37 AM   #50  

Good morning all:

WIW was sort of a disappointment. The scale hasn't budged! Frustration is setting in! Oh well, all in good time.

Happy birthday V!! and congrats on the loss.

Beth: Way to stay OP!!

I forgot to take notes while reading posts, so congrats to all the "losers"!

Here's my menu from yesterday:

B- 2 fried eggs, 1 slice SFWW bread with 1 slice melted cheese on top

L- Turkey BBQ (no sauce, just meat) 1/2 cup white beans

S- 6 Triscuts w/ SF peanut butter

D- Tuna steak, salad w/blue cheese dressing, cauliflower

Have a great day everyone!!

Lara
sxyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:16 AM   #51  

Good Morning! WIW was not a happy day for me. I was up three. <shrug> who knows why? It may be that I am not taking my metabolic booster this week, but then it totally sucks that I can't lose with it, but gain without it....

Needless to say, I am not in a very good mood, so I will just go get another cup of coffee, and try and get some work done.

I heard from FILLISE this morning. She is hitting the floor running everyday right now until the Alabama primary on June 1st. Its her busiest time of year and she said in the last week she has only been able to eat one meal at home! She promised to get on as soon as she could...but was leaving for a two day convention in Montgomery this morning.

RED: I totally understand your frustrations. Have you lost anything at all? Being a turtle loser is the pits. Gator and I usually commiserate on this topic, as we both struggle something fierce to lose even one pound. At least you are eating healthy and it should make you feel better. Are you getting any exercise? That might help. If you get regular exercise it helps get your metabolism going, and keeps it revved up. I joined Curves a little over a month ago and I am hoping eventually, it will help me.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:25 AM   #52  

Good Wednesday morning:

I was at 120# this morning; right where I want to be. I haven't worked out in a week, but I eat more when I work out, and less when I don't...so it all averages out, I guess. I hope to be back at the gym by Saturday, and back into my 3-4 day routine by next week.

Last night I made a spaghetti with ground turkey, onion, garlic, low-sugar pasta sauce and semolina pasta. We had that with a Caesar salad. It was really good. We will have leftovers of that for dinner tonight.

I found a loaf of Sara Lee Whole Wheat bread at Super Wal-Mart yesterday. I like it better than any whole grain bread I've had yet. It is a large loaf, and the bread isn't so course that you can't chew it. It does have some no-no ingredients for the sugars, but still only 2g per slice, so I'll eat it.

If any of you have time, you may want to check out this site: www.mayoclinic.org/news2000-av/pyramid1.jpg
It is interesting to see the food pyramid put out by Mayo Clinic; makes so much more sense than the one the government issues.

I got to Wal-Mart & Sprouts yesterday, so that leaves Michael's & Costco. I may just wait until Friday to hit those two.

We have teacher appreciation week at Britt's school next week, so I am busy with that, and one of the moms in the Mom's Club just had a baby, and I think I am on the list to provide meal support. It's gonna be a busy week.

Day: Welcome. I made the switch from Atkins to SB last year around this time, and it is the best decision I ever made. I was only on Atkins for 2 months, but lost 8-10 #'s in those 2 months, but any time I deviated at all, I would gain 5#'s back. I have lost a total of 32#'s and 22 inches on SB, and kept it off for about 6 months now, and I have had plenty of little "cheats" along the way. I really think you will feel so much better and feel like you have so much freedom. I may not have succeeded at SB, if I hadn't done Atkins before. I felt so deprived on ATkins, and once coming to SB, I felt like I was cheating everyday, and still dropping those pounds. Good luck to you; we're glad to have you.

Gator: Glad the exam is over and it wasn't so bad. I'm sure you will get a good grade. Sounds very difficult to me....you must be so smart!

Jack-K: What's a girl to do; you did the best with the food choices you had for lunch. Gheez, what a terrible spread, eh? And then Mexican??? Just keep me away from Mexican food; I could eat it 3x per day. I love Mexican! I found some awesome flax chips at Trader Joes (they are better than any out there) that I eat now, and will take them anytime I go out for Mexican. They are only 8grams of Carbs for 15 chips, and the chips are huge, so I never eat that many at once. They are made with corn, but I am at a point now that it hasn't hurt me, and I don't overdo it. They also have so much flax in them that they are good for you. They are high in the good mono & poly fats and only have 1 gram of saturated fat per serving (if you eat the whole serving). Anyway, enough about my new find! If you have a Trader Joes, you may want to pick up a bag to help your salt cravings. You may have to just eat a little bit of whatever is appealing to you during this chemo phase, and then get back into the SB 100% eating once you are done.

Beth: Congrats on being down a few#'s. I hope your computer is up to par soon.

Monet: People always seem to rip us off when it comes to shipping. I always get ripped off when I buy something off e-bay. They seem to try to make up the price of the item in the shipping. I've had to pay more in shipping than I paid for the item on a few occasions. Just pisses me off. It sounds like you are having a lot of fun in the planning stages; I am sure it will be a huge success.

Sef: I'm sure you love the new 'do. I am really liking having shorter hair; it is so cool and easy to work with. I pray all goes well for you today. Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

vmoore: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you are able to enjoy your lovely birthday dinner. Congrats on the 2.5#'s...you'll be entering new territory soon.

redhead: Don't get discouraged......some weeks we lose and some weeks we don't. As long as we don't gain, and we see some gradual losses than that's good. Hang in there!!!!

BOB: Hope you had a great day!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:50 AM   #53  

Just checking in. Sounds like everyone is doing fine. I'm still working my way back and its so encourageing to read your posts. I hope soon to start writing down my menus. Its sure hard to work your back once you've been off for so long. I'm half on half off SB. Have a great day everyone.....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:59 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. It's me. First time I've been able to get on the computer since last week. Boogie is 4 today. We had his party Sunday. The weather was gorgeous and we had alot of people show. It was alot of work that fell on me though. I think next year I'll take him somewhere. Anyway, my eating has been HORRENDOUS!! I need the detox dungeon. Seriously. I ate all day Sunday, bad foods. Then Monday I had McDonald's combo, then yesterday I had 3 humongous helpings of potato salad, 2 slices of texas toast, and barbecued meat. So of course, I'm all swollen now and I'm scared to think what the scale would say. Even my hubby asked me this morning what happened to my "diet". Well, that was definetly my cue to get back on track. Oh, and my exercising has been slack. So I need a good kick in the arse! Anyway, just letting you guys know that I'm here. My menu today is
bf- 2 eggs and 2 slices bacon
lots of water
Don't know what lunch will be. My MIL invited us over for sloppy joe's tonight. Don't worry, I already told her that was fine, but that I would be bringing my own dish for me. I plan on making chili so I'll make me a "taco" salad like Wendy's does and eat it. I simply can't afford to gain another pound. I've reached my limit.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 12:30 PM   #55  

HEART: That is the way to succeed at the game....learn to compensate for mistakes. Sounds like you are getting back on track, which is good! I would be seriously tempted to bean my hubby if he asked me what happened to my diet! LOL After 28 years of marriage, he has learned how to deal with the diet issues with me. I occasionally react differently, just to keep him on his toes!

TONI: Its good to see you posting again. Don't get lost again.

PANCHO: Sounds like you are going to be busy with all those school end activities! That is great that you can regulate your eating to your exercise level so successfully!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:17 PM   #56  
Little Engine That Could

Redhead and Monet--yep, I'm right there with you. Didn't lose anything, but stayed the same. I wonder if I will EVER get to my goal. I might die before I get there.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:34 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

So far so good today.

bf was 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and 1/2 c oj and 4 prunes
lunch was a ff bologna sandwich with lots of mustard for taste and a big navel orange. The orange was delish. I had some soy nuts for a snack.
Dinner is a legal hamburger/mac/cheese casserole with some peaches.

I have bunco tonight, but I am going to be soo good. No desserts for me.

It is raining so I may try to get ont he Tm for a few while dinner is cooking.

Crystle, I can't wait until my treatments are over. My pants are already too tight I really do have to find some balance somewhere. Glad you are back down. You are no longer waiting for me. Go on, I'll catch up.

Sxyredhead, hang on, that scale will move. You lose inches onthis WOE more so than numbers. How about some fruit to your menu?

Monet, don't beat yourself up. You have such a time with your meds I don't see how you do it. Thanks for the update on Susan.

Nat, you have it worked out if you don't eat as much when you don't work out. Funny, I tend to eat more. Duh!. Glad you are maintaining. Sounds like you are so busy you don't even have time to eat.

Toni, half onis better than none on! You can do it.

Heart, funny how it takes us so long to reach our limit. If we could do it sooner, we would be so much better off. I have reached mine too. I was horrified at the scale this morning and refuse to see it go any higher. Your's and Boogies birthday's are close. They are lots of work. Much better to have them somewhere else.

Have a great evening.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:46 PM   #58  

Default Good WIW!

Good afternoon everyone,
I forgot to get on the scale this morning, so maybe tomorrow.
We had veggie rotini last night with homemade meatballs and homemade sauce(that way I control the sugar). Yummy! I even found some good whole grain bread, so I put some garlic on it and put it in the oven to warm up.
Today,
b- bacon and egg on sgww toast(one slice)
l and s- banana, Atkins yogurt(really good!), sf applesauce, 3 ww crackers
d - there are 4 of us going out for sushi, I'll try to be good.
I need to go to the gym, so will go and do some cardio today, and then weights tomorrow.
Sorry that I don't have time to reply to everyone, but congrats to the maintainers and losers, and have a great evening!

Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:22 PM   #59  

Hi guys:

I thought I'd check in before everything gets crazy around here. Dinner will be easy....leftovers!

Hello to Toni & Monet!!

heart: Happy 4th Birthday to Boogie!! May he have many, many more healthy, happy years!! Glad to see you jump right back on that wagon. At least you know it's always there waiting for you!

Jack-K: Have fun at Bunco! Be good . No matter how busy I get, I always find time to eat! Did you get on the treadmill? I've gotta get back to it, I'm feeling icky without exercising. I wanted you to check out a site in your free time; I thought you might find it interesting. I hope the cancer never, ever comes back, but thought you might want to tuck it away somewhere. My mom has had bladder cancer for nearly 20 years, and I am trying to get her to look into this too. Just an FYI.... www.behealthyamerica.com

Wood: I'm sure you will be reporting a loss tomorrow. You've been so good with eating and exercise. Enjoy the sushi tonight!

To anyone I missed . Have a great evening!!!

Take care!
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:39 PM   #60  
Atkineer gone SugarBuster

Hi Everyone! I'm back from my vacation in Memphis. This week our house has gone on the market so I'll be scarce, I'm sure, but I wanted to check in.

I was up from my trip as I went off plan. No worries, though, I'll get back down. Past two days have been total on-plan days and I haven't even thought about eating anything non-legal.

I got down to 197.5 before the trip and this morning was 201.5; I'm not gonna stress over the gain, though.

Anyway...

Here's my menu for today:

PreB: 1/2 grapefruit
B: coffee, 2/3 cup Kashi w/ 1% milk
L: tuna w/ mayo, 7 triscuits and 1/2 bell pepper
snack: nuts
D: big salad, green beans, sausage (homemade)
snack: apple w/ pb
Water: ~gallon
Mishi is offline   Reply With Quote