Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 12:50 AM   #76  

Just a quickie, with a big Thank You, to all of you for the great support on the cardio thing. I don't think I will worry quite as much now. Everyone just kept saying "Lets wait and see what we find." You people have put me at ease. Now I am not as scared as I was!! Thanks again.

Lunch today--1 slice homemade WW bread, 4 oz Turkey Breast, 1 slice 2% cheddar, 2 tsp mustard, 1 leaf lettuce, 4.8 oz Red Pepper, 1/2 c zucchini.

Those darned old scales showed me down 2 pounds this morning....go figure. Why today, and not WIW?? Will check it out in the morning!!

Am very tired tonight, so will wish you all sweet dreams......
Old 07-25-2003, 11:07 AM   #77  

WOW, am I the first one on this morning? It's almost 8:00 here in Arizona; where is everyone at?????

We are going to stay close to home today. My daughter still has this cold. I am going to try to do a Tae-bo tape and a arm & ab video when my baby takes her nap; I hope she takes a long one.

I had a small bowl of cantaloupe early this morning, and just finished a Blue Bunny Yogurt w/ gram's granola. Not sure what's for lunch, but I am going to make Amy's Whole Wheat Pizza for dinner (found it at Sprout's Farmer's Market); can't wait to try it. We will have that with a big salad.

Gator: 3 miles; that's GREAT! Your menu looks awesome too. I assume you got your cable fixed, since you posted. I am glad to hear that your dad is doing alright. I'd love to see the butterfly pictures once developed.

Monet: One step at a time is the best way to get back on track; you'll be there soon.

heartmom: Sorry to hear about the weight gain. It sounds like you knew you were being naughty! Good luck getting back on track, and getting that nasty sugar out of your system.

beach: Good advice; this board is very motivating. I think I am more in line on Tuesdays (normally), knowing that weigh-in-Wed. is the following day. It is nice to be accountable; just like going to those Weight Watcher meetings. It's so great to hear that you try to find as much family time as you can in these crazy hectic times. I started crying the other night, and my husband asked me what was wrong. I told him that after this year (Kindergarten) that the school was going to have our daughter more hours out of the day than I will. It's is going to be very hard for me to be away from her for that long. I know a lot of people wish the summer away to get their kids back in school. I savour every minute of it (at least for now...Ha).

Sugar: Hello; glad to see you are popping in. You will learn so much by just reading the posts everyday. So, what kind of cheese did you have with your meat? I actually ate bacon and eggs for breakfast yesterday (the first time since going off Atkins, I think).

Well, everyone have a great day. I should be able to check in later since we will be homebodies today.

Take care.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:04 PM   #78  
Little Engine That Could

Hi everyone. I got my 3+ miles in today. Actually, the day started out with a "birth." Two of the butterflies emerged from their chrysalides and I took the cage out to the garden so if they decided to fly away while I was away, they wouldn't be caught on the porch. I took some pix with my 33mm camera and some with the digital. The difficulty with the digital is that it is very hard to tell if the pix is in focus or not. I did get one picture, which I took at the lowest resolution. But, even after I cropped it, it still is 199 KB. So I e-mailed it to Quilter and asked her if she could fiddle with the resolution and bring it down enough so it could be posted on the board. There are still 3 chrsalides that have not "hatched" and I expect them to do so tomorrow or Saturday. So more pictures. I am also raising some monarch butterfly larvae (caterpillars) which make beautiful chrysalides. I will try to get a picture of them, but it will be 1 or two weeks before the caterpillars pupate.

After all this--my walk and fussing with the butterflies, it was 10:30 before I had breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs, 1/4 C cottage cheese and 1 fresh peach.

The cable guy came this morning and hopefully fixed the modem. He said it was a loose connection. So, I hope I don't have any more problems.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:37 PM   #79  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Still OP. Have been very busy. Have not deserted! Today is clean house day, do wash day, etc.

Will check in later when I have to take a rest.

Take care

Shirley
Old 07-25-2003, 01:11 PM   #80  

Here's my contribution to Friday Funnies:
Don't ya just love a smart ***!
Subject: Snappy Answers
Snappy Answer #1
A flight attendant was stationed at the departure gate to check tickets. As
a man approached, she extended her hand for the ticket, and he opened his
trench coat and flashed her. Without missing a beat she said,"Sir, I need to
see your ticket, not your stub."

Snappy Answer #2
A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but
couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked a stock boy, "Do
these turkeys get any bigger?" The stock boy replied, "No ma'am, they're
dead."

Snappy Answer #3
The cop got out of his car and the kid who was stopped for speeding rolled
down his window. "I've been waiting for you all day," the cop said. The kid
replied, "Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could." When the cop finally
stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.

Snappy Answer #4
A truck driver was driving along on the freeway. A sign comes up that reads
low bridge ahead." Before he knows it the bridge is right ahead of him and
he gets stuck under the bridge. Cars are backed up for miles. Finally, a
police car comes up. The cop gets out of his car and walks around to the
truck driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, "Got stuck, huh?" The
truck driver says, "No, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas."

..and finally #5, THE TEACHER Snappy Answer OF THE YEAR A college teacher
reminds her class of tomorrow's final exam. "Now class, I won't tolerate any
excuses for you not being here tomorrow. I might
consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury or illness, or a
death in your immediate family but that's it, no other excuses
whatsoever!" A smart-*** guy in the back of the room raised his hand and
asks, "What would you say if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete
and utter sexual exhaustion?" The entire class does its best to stifle their
laughter and snickering. When silence is restored, the teacher smiles
sympathetically at the
student, shakes her head, and sweetly says, "Well, I guess you'd have to
write the exam with your other hand."
Old 07-25-2003, 03:43 PM   #81  

Well, ladies, I am going to call it official.....I am now at 168 instead of 170!! For two days now!!

Been really busy this morning. Mowing the lawn and trying to get everything watered good. We are burning up here!! We are leaving first thing in the morning for an overnighter. We go up to Ione every year for their "Down River Days" Just a very small town celebration... parade, booths for the kids, lots of food stands! ( I am taking my food with.)

Brant has a rodeo tonight that is under twenty miles away, so I am going with my sister who is visiting from Elko, Nev. We will take her two children and see if he can win again this year. He won 1st at this rodeo last year!! And most of his family was there to see it.

Question: how bad is it if I want to eat a couple of roasted beets? Ours in the garden will be ready soon, and I just want a taste.

Gotta get back to work. Will try and get in a few replies before I leave tonight!!
Old 07-25-2003, 04:34 PM   #82  

Just a quick F.Y.I. for those of you who don't mind eating splenda sweetened products, such as Blue Bunny ice cream and Blue Bunny yogurt.

If you go to www.splenda.com, at the bottom of the page it says Products Sweetened with Splenda Brand. If you click on that, it will show 6-8 featured products....but if you click on the "view a complete listing," you will get a 30-page listing of items sweetened with Splenda. I am excited to know that I can have a cup of hot cocoa this winter with my daughter (Swiss Miss Sugar free).

Anyway, check it out if you'd like.

Take care!
Old 07-25-2003, 04:51 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Well, I'm down, just a little though around a pound or a pound in a half. Wonder how long it will take to get the rest of these vacation pounds off... Anyway, for lunch I had Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch salad from McDonald's and Diet coke. I bought some red grapes the other day- are they legal? They sure are sweet.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:05 PM   #84  

Default Finally Back!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

I survived my week with my college girlfriends. We call ourselves the Magnificent 7.1 (We were 7 but added one, so we had to change our version number.) It was great! I'm pooped. I ate like a food fool. I'll pay the price at that WW scale on Tuesday night.

I received a beautiful image from GATORGAL and I'm going to try and post it here. Cross your fingers!!! Here's the info that goes with the picture.

FROM GATORGAL:
This is a newly emerged Eastern Black Swallowtail butterfly, which has
been out of its chrysalis for about 10 minutes. It's wings are still
very soft and it is not capable of flight yet. It will rest and let
its wings harden for about 1-2 hours before it flies away. It has just
crawled out of the cage I built for raising the caterpillars and I
think it saw me with its compound eyes, because it crawled all over the
box away from my position. It's sister (or brother) also emerged about
10 minutes earlier, but is resting on a branch that is in the cage.
These butterflies lay their eggs on parsley, fennel, carrot or other
such plants, because that is what their larvae (caterpillars) love to
eat. I will post more pictures when I get my 35mm film developed.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:07 PM   #85  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Dark and stormy over here on the west coast of FLA....had a terrible storm already this afternoon with hail!

CHERYL....thanks for much for those links...I haven't look yet, but have opened both in two new windows to check them out.
It's hard, but I'm hoping for good results like I did two years ago.
Didn't have a bit of trouble...so keep your fingers crossed for me!

BEACH...so glad you're feeling better..nothing worse than a big head boomer!

LAURIE...down a little is better than up a lot! Keep it up girlfriend!

PANCHO...thanks for the link...I'm gonna check it out shortly!

TEENSY....busy today I see....enjoy the rodeo....

GAWD I MISS SUSAN!!!!!!!!

OK KIM....WHERE ARE YOU????????

MOVIE REVIEW FOR THE WEEKEND:

FINAL DESTINATION 2 ( if you didn't see the first on...do! )

LIFE OF DAVID GALE....

RIVER MADE TO DROWN IN (Richard Chamberlain)

25th HOUR

I'll let y'all know....

Gotta go....

BOB
Old 07-25-2003, 06:19 PM   #86  

Thumbs down i'm back, again!

hi everyone,
it has been a long time since i have posted but until i got back on the right track with sugarbusters i felt i needed to wait. i have been legal for the last four days and have finally gotten the ice cream craving out of my system. i am well aware that i can do it if i just put my mind to it, i had gained 15 of the last 42 that i lost. my divorce was final on the 23rd of june and i fell into a need for comfort foods (not legal ones) i started to feel draggy and sluggish and realized it was from all the sugar, so here i am!
the kids are doing well, all things considered and sarah is looking forward to sixth grade. she shot up over the summer and is now 5 feet 4 inches and wears a size 10 shoe! my kids have the biggest feet!
work is going well, i really like the people i work with, they have been very supportive of all i have been going through! zsuzsu has lost 45 pounds, she had the abdominal banding surgery and has incorporated sugarbusters in her meal plan, the weight is melting off, she looks great!
well must go for now, i have sarah for the weekend and we are going to a chick flick! bye for now, i will try to post more often and try to make it to chat!

your friend,

chris
Old 07-25-2003, 07:33 PM   #87  

good evening,
managed to stay OP today. egg, bacon(already cooked) and cheese on rye toast or breakfast. Stirfry chickem and veggies for lunch and dinner was steak and a big salad, and another slice of rye bread. I didn't snack at all today! We're getting ready to go on vacation Sunday and doing laundry, running errands et took up most of the day. Have a great evening everyone!

Barbara
270/240.5/135
Old 07-25-2003, 09:12 PM   #88  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy all!

Hey Kim!! Welcome back. Sure have missed you. Believe it or not I finally walked 5 days in a row again. This new walking partner is the bomb. We walk for an hour every day. I am one tired moma tonight.

Woodfrogs...wtg staying op.

((Chris)) welcome back. You'll get those pounds back off in no time.

Pancho....I love swiss miss sugar free cocoa...it's one of my treats when I'm following plan and doing right. Nothing like it on a cold evening.

Heartmom....those other pounds will come off pretty quick too. I bet a lot of it is just water weight.

Go Teensy...getting skinny! Yeah on the new low.

Sef...today was clean house day around here also. Me and the little ones got half the back porch done and some under the sink cleaning.

Gator...very nice picture of your butterfly.

Lady V I've been meaning to tell you what a lovely picture you have on the board. Your hair is beautiful.

Hey Toni did I tell ya yet....WTG on the 5 pounds. Doing a little happy dance for ya. It's been a looooooooooong time since I've seen a good lose like that.

Ghost dean...I don't know the cobble recipe on the board but I took some oatmeal and just a touch of flour and make a black berry betty the other night...yum. I will have to try the one on the board now.

Bob...hope your weather is better this evening.

Well ya'll Iam outta here. This smelly gal needs a bath. One thing about walking in Texas..it's HOT! *smile* Be blessed and have a SUPER weekend.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 07-26-2003, 10:12 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Teensybean
Congratulations on your 168!
I can't tell you that eating the beets is a good thing. But I've noticed that is I deny myself a food I really want, I tend to over-eat on legal things trying to compensate for the craving. So sometimes it's better for me to enjoy something then pass it up. I hate beets, they always tasted like dirt to me!

GATORGAL
What a gorgeous butterfly! Do you have them in your area or are yours the only ones?

BOB
Have you seen Basic with um, john Travolta? Really good.

BigKnightsMomma
Welcome back!!
Old 07-26-2003, 11:58 AM   #90  
Little Engine That Could

Cheryl--The butterflies are generally in the area, but they are concentrated in my back yard because of the plants I have there to attract them. I also have what is called "host" plants that butterflies lay their eggs on. When the caterpillars hatch out, they proceed to eat the host plant. Each species of butterfly likes its own specific host plant.

My cable is still on the fritz and most of the time I can't get online. It just came back up, so I will get this posted pronto.
Closed Thread